Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sales of private residential homes fell by 46% in February

Unregistered Guest

Default Re: Sales of private residential homes fell by 46% in February

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    URA just release result of West Coast land sales result. Despite global uncertainties, the land sales attracted 12 interested party.
    So many developers are building condos in the area, they simply can't afford not to support the latest land sale in this area. The value of their properties will drop if the bid is low and developers will do everything they can to prevent this.

Unregistered Guest

Before I came to this website, I didn't know that there exist so many people in Singapore who look forward to bad news, rather than good news.

I am used to having everyone around me cheer when the economy improves and the property market goes up.

Last year was one good news after another, my mother's friend who en blocked Farrer Court, my auntie who en blocked an East Coast condo, another auntie en blocked her apartment at Bukit Timah. My father's colleague who en blocked Grangeford (also known as Jackie Chan's condo because he owned a unit there). I myself also had an en bloc windfall.

There was cheerfulness all around.

Of course I am aware that there may be some people being left behind by the boom, for example the security guards at my place, or the cleaner downstairs.

But these are not the type of people whom I expect to come to post on websites like these.

This is really an eye opener. It's a bit shocking.
    Are you sure you are not the cleaner or security guard or someone who keep looking forward to good news?

If the market is going down, this should be good news to you. The proceeds you obtain from your en bloc can easily buy properties at a discount. Don't dream, don't keep looking forward to good news. Good news come or bad news come, be sure you know how to strategise what is your next movement.

Unregistered Guest

Market has smelt the boom already after HK.
    Wake up and smell the roses.

Buyers are smelling blood. Waiting for the coming massacre of the speculators.

Unregistered Guest

Red face Re: Sales of private residential homes fell by 46% in February

Wake up and smell the roses.

Buyers are smelling blood. Waiting for the coming massacre of the speculators.
    Wow Are u a vampire?

Unregistered Guest

Wow Are u a vampire?

hehe....vampire is worse than sour grape.
    This one is violence, typical of criminal...hehe....

Unregistered Guest

So many developers are building condos in the area, they simply can't afford not to support the latest land sale in this area. The value of their properties will drop if the bid is low and developers will do everything they can to prevent this.
    Typical 100% sour grapes response.

Unregistered Guest

Are you sure you are not the cleaner or security guard or someone who keep looking forward to good news?

If the market is going down, this should be good news to you. The proceeds you obtain from your en bloc can easily buy properties at a discount. Don't dream, don't keep looking forward to good news. Good news come or bad news come, be sure you know how to strategise what is your next movement.
    Yes I agree with you that knowing how to strategise your next movement is very important.

In fact, the moment my condo was enblocked, I place the deposit for another condo, without even waiting for the en bloc money to be disbursed to me. This is called "Staying Invested".

If I had waited 6 months for the en bloc money to be disbursed, I would have missed the boat and ended up as a sour grape.

In fact, some of my neighbours was caught by the sudden rise in property prices. They intended to wait for the en bloc money to be disbursed before looking for a replacement unit.

Unfortunately for them, the property market exploded upwards before they could collect the money. Now they find that the en bloc money is not enough to buy a replacement unit in the same area and are contemplating downgrading to HDB flats.

Hence my advice to those who are in the process of en blocking their apartments, it's important to standby some money in the bank. The moment your condo is en blocked, you can immediately place the deposit for your next property. This back-to-back arrangement will prevent you from missing the boat in case the tide rises during the 6 month gap.

Unregistered Guest

I was eyeing a resale FH unit at D21 during June last year. Asking price was 900+psf, I wanted to write a cheque to make an offer 10% below asking price, agent said 'don't bother'. Telling me that new condos there are asking for >1000psf

I saw a unit with identical size, high floor as well, from the same project asking for 900psf on last Sat, but agent told me owner the price is very negotiable and encourage me to view and write her a cheque.

I feel that the market softens a little and will view the unit on Good Friday, but worry that price will further drop.

Unregistered Guest

I was eyeing a resale FH unit at D21 during June last year. Asking price was 900+psf, I wanted to write a cheque to make an offer 10% below asking price, agent said 'don't bother'. Telling me that new condos there are asking for >1000psf

I saw a unit with identical size, high floor as well, from the same project asking for 900psf on last Sat, but agent told me owner the price is very negotiable and encourage me to view and write her a cheque.

I feel that the market softens a little and will view the unit on Good Friday, but worry that price will further drop.
    I had the same experience with a unit at D10 too. Initially the buyer wanted $1600 psf so we couldn't negotiate. Now the agent tells me that she is willing to let go at $1400 psf.

Unregistered Guest

I had the same experience with a unit at D10 too. Initially the buyer wanted $1600 psf so we couldn't negotiate. Now the agent tells me that she is willing to let go at $1400 psf.
    I meant to say "Initially the SELLER wanted $1600 psf so we couldn't negotiate. Now the agent tells me that she is willing to let go at $1400 psf."

Unregistered Guest

Are you sure? Can u be more specific about the project?

I'm also negotiating a unit in D10. But, quite in contrary. I was negotiating to pay a unit at $1,600 psf two days ago. But, the agent came back to me this morning and told me that the owner had changed his mind to sell at $1,600 psf. Instead, he had increased his asking price to $1,800 psf due to the expectation that ppty prices in that area are going to surge.

Unregistered Guest

I'm also negotiating a unit in D10. But, quite in contrary. I was negotiating to pay a unit at $1,600 psf two days ago. But, the agent came back to me this morning and told me that the owner had changed his mind to sell at $1,600 psf. Instead, he had increased his asking price to $1,800 psf due to the expectation that ppty prices in that area are going to surge.
    Of course, at this moment where got onwer want to sell if the price offered is not high. Evrybody knows that ppty prices in SIngapore is going to jump up significantly in a month or two.

There are thousands of desperate buyers lining up on the sidelines to save up money and queue for a house.

Unregistered Guest

Yes I agree with you that knowing how to strategise your next movement is very important.

In fact, the moment my condo was enblocked, I place the deposit for another condo, without even waiting for the en bloc money to be disbursed to me. This is called "Staying Invested".

If I had waited 6 months for the en bloc money to be disbursed, I would have missed the boat and ended up as a sour grape.

In fact, some of my neighbours was caught by the sudden rise in property prices. They intended to wait for the en bloc money to be disbursed before looking for a replacement unit.

Unfortunately for them, the property market exploded upwards before they could collect the money. Now they find that the en bloc money is not enough to buy a replacement unit in the same area and are contemplating downgrading to HDB flats.

Hence my advice to those who are in the process of en blocking their apartments, it's important to standby some money in the bank. The moment your condo is en blocked, you can immediately place the deposit for your next property. This back-to-back arrangement will prevent you from missing the boat in case the tide rises during the 6 month gap.
    Glad to hear that. You have indeed planned ahead but if you have not, the good news can be a blessing in disguise. When most of the people see that it is bad news, i think it is an opportunity. I guess many people have different perspectives and if you have missed the boat once, it is a lesson to learn but if you missed the boat twice and then KPKB, i have nothing to say, probably like what many here said, sour grapes.

Unregistered Guest

LOL. The sour grapes talk rubbish, you also imitate him?

I think the sour grapes have not bought property before.

Usually the seller will ask for a very high price for you to negotiate.

It is meaningless what price the seller asks. He can ask for $10000 psf.

More important is the actual transacted price for similar units in that development.

Unregistered Guest

Glad to hear that. You have indeed planned ahead but if you have not, the good news can be a blessing in disguise. When most of the people see that it is bad news, i think it is an opportunity. I guess many people have different perspectives and if you have missed the boat once, it is a lesson to learn but if you missed the boat twice and then KPKB, i have nothing to say, probably like what many here said, sour grapes.
    You are right.

The problem with the sour grape mentality is that when the property market shoots up, they will say "I should have bought this. I waited too long to buy that. I went to see too many showrooms but couldn't make up my mind. My wife kept changing her mind." plus one thousand and one excuses.

They always have 20/20 hindsight vision.

Then when some crisis rocks the market, they will come up with all sorts of very pessimistic scenario to scare themselves and everybody around.

For example during the 1991 Gulf War (the first one when the old George Bush fought with Saddam Hussein's 4th largest army in the world), the sour grapes were saying "World is going to end. Saddam will use his chemical weapons. George Bush's father will use nuclear weapons. The whole world will be wiped out".

Some astrologists even predicted that Saddam was the Anti-Christ that would end the world.

Read this link here, it's quite funny:

http://www.abc.net.au/science/k2/moments/s45741.htm