against RMB, down 2%
    against Euro, up 19%
    against yen, up 25%
    against GBP, up 46%
    against Indian Rupee, up 83%
    against rupiah, up 77%
    against taiwan dollar, up 22%

long live SGD !!!
    Last edited by phantom_opera; 13-03-14 at 10:38.
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Thats why SGP is also expensive coz SGD strong. Those who want SING to appear cheap then should hope we are -83% to indian rupee.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

So tats such strong local currency may spell the reasons to look outside singapore for asset acquisition n investment.

EWS, which is priced in USD is up 102% in 10y (of course reference point started in 2004 post SARS crisis low point does help)

Another 10y, the cost of travel the world in SGD probably is the same as staying in Singapore doing nothing

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera View Post
    EWS, which is priced in USD is up 102% in 10y (of course reference point started in 2004 post SARS crisis low point does help)

Another 10y, the cost of travel the world in SGD probably is the same as staying in Singapore doing nothing
    Wow, then I would much rather travel the world...

Quote Originally Posted by mummy View Post
    Wow, then I would much rather travel the world...
    PAP will not allow this!! You are supposed to be working for life

recently in parliament:

When Mr Singh (AMK MP) referenced Malaysia’s Employees Provident Fund’s 6 per cent interest rate, she (Josephine Teo) also stressed the need to bear in mind that interest rates are typically higher in countries whose currencies have tended to depreciate over time, “because higher interest rates compensate for weaker currencies”.

tiaobo?

PAP will not allow this!! You are supposed to be working for life
    Ha ha! PAP does seem to encourage that, extending retirement age again and again. But we must resist it and find a way out!

Hmmm...I heard in restructured hospitals, they cut the salary every year once you reach 62. True boh?

recently in parliament:

When Mr Singh (AMK MP) referenced Malaysia’s Employees Provident Fund’s 6 per cent interest rate, she (Josephine Teo) also stressed the need to bear in mind that interest rates are typically higher in countries whose currencies have tended to depreciate over time, “because higher interest rates compensate for weaker currencies”.

tiaobo?
    But I actually profit S$300+ a month from UOB as my Malaysian fixed deposit of 3%+ interest is higher than the 1.48% interest on the equity loan I took from them. So the higher interest does matter.

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry View Post
    Hmmm...I heard in restructured hospitals, they cut the salary every year once you reach 62. True boh?
    I don't know about that but senior drs had 20% pay rise last year and gonna get another 9% soon...

But I actually profit S$300+ a month from UOB as my Malaysian fixed deposit of 3%+ interest is higher than the 1.48% interest on the equity loan I took from them. So the higher interest does matter.
    And the profit would be S$450 if I had not already used some of the equity loan money. So maybe it is a way to make money even!

And the profit would be S$450 if I had not already used some of the equity loan money. So maybe it is a way to make money even!
    Sorry, I stand corrected. After the currency depreciation is taken into account, may not make much and may even be a loss if converted back. So I hope I do not have to convert back so soon but invest in the property which hopefully appreciates.

Sorry, I stand corrected. After the currency depreciation is taken into account, may not make much and may even be a loss if converted back. So I hope I do not have to convert back so soon but invest in the property which hopefully appreciates.
    This is a classic miscalculation. Surplus country like sg will always beat a deficit country in the long run.

against USD / HKD, up 35%
    against Thai Baht, up 10%
    against Ringgit, up 16%
    against AUD, up 10%
    against NZD, up 2%
    against RMB, down 2%
    against Euro, up 19%
    against yen, up 25%
    against GBP, up 46%
    against Indian Rupee, up 83%
    against rupiah, up 77%
    against taiwan dollar, up 22%

long live SGD !!!
    and KRW, from 600 to 900.

I bought a pty from a Korean, who had made the right choice of buying a SG property. Even though he didn't make anything from the pty in SGD terms, he made a huge gain in KRW terms.

Quote Originally Posted by indomie View Post
    This is a classic miscalculation. Surplus country like sg will always beat a deficit country in the long run.
    u scared her

u scared her
    No lah, he didn't. Did not respond as I was sleeping. My investment in JB gives me a chance to retire early which is priceless...

Premiums for smaller cars- those up to 1,600cc - rose by 2 per cent to end at $78,602, while that of larger cars above 1,600cc crept up by 2.7 per cent to $82,900.

since SGD has appreciated so much for 10y, SG car price must be also quite high for FT ... but COE still slowly and surely going up

RMB is now in reverse gear ..