Thread: 21st birthday present

Default 21st birthday present

Jialat liao, anything that is undecisive, the 1st thing that comes to my mind is to seek advise in this forum.

What type of present will you all buy for your 21st birthday nephew? Some suggests horoscope gold pendant, some says branded watch but which branded watch is more suitable for a young man, he is going to "U" this August. Any other suggestions? Budget is around $500-$600.

Buy a piece of 10g PAMP gold bar? Should be around 600+ now.

Quote Originally Posted by irisng View Post
    Jialat liao, anything that is undecisive, the 1st thing that comes to my mind is to seek advise in this forum.

What type of present will you all buy for your 21st birthday nephew? Some suggests horoscope gold pendant, some says branded watch but which branded watch is more suitable for a young man, he is going to "U" this August. Any other suggestions? Budget is around $500-$600.
    ipad! Assuming he doesn't already have one

G Shock. stylish and manly and.....cost less than 500

http://www.singsale.com.sg/ItemsList...Watches/Armani

http://www.zalora.sg/ted-baker/

http://www.zalora.sg/men/accessories.../kenneth-cole/

Some other nice branded watches within your budget:

http://www.bodying.sg/s/?mid=425-79-...500&gender=men

I quite like the Hugo Boss and Burberry watches in this price range.

The watch you get him will serve him well throughout Uni till his first few years in his future corporate job. So remember to get him something versatile, tough, water-resistant, can wear casually as well as with long sleeve shirt and tie.
    Last edited by orange; 10-03-14 at 17:01.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop View Post
    Buy a piece of 10g PAMP gold bar? Should be around 600+ now.

gold bar or up it to a 1Oz Gold bullion will be best.

If not ask him to sign up POSB Nikko STI ETF. up pay the 1st installment of $500. teach him to start investing regularly from young!
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

I quite like the Hugo Boss and Burberry watches in this price range.

The watch you get him will serve him well throughout Uni till his first few years in his future corporate job. So remember to get him something that is quite hardy and tough, water-resistant, and most importantly, versatile - can wear casually as well as with long sleeve shirt and tie.

In this day and age, especially in the banking industry, assuming that one already has the brains, the speech and the grades, then his looks and presentation will make up the rest.

There were some people in my previous place of employment that were overlooked for Executive Directorship because they looked sloppy and did not present themselves well.

Thank you so much for all the contributions.

Orange, thanks for the link, it will give me an idea what model of watch to get for him. BTW, he is going into architectural course.

he is 21, on the threshold of manhood. bring him to geylang. he will receive angpao on his birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful View Post
    he is 21, on the threshold of manhood. bring him to geylang. he will receive angpao on his birthday.
    不要教坏大小 hor My brother will come after me

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful View Post
    I remembered I read it somewhere that, a guy in Taiwan I think, got AIDS when his friends brought him out to celebrate his 21st birthday and called a "chicken" to sleep with him

Quote Originally Posted by Wynyard View Post
    I remembered I read it somewhere that, a guy in Taiwan I think, got AIDS when his friends brought him out to celebrate his 21st birthday and called a "chicken" to sleep with him

Make sure not under-aged also .

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop View Post
    Make sure not under-aged also .
    do NOT buy him anything, including a watch.

give him a small-moderate sized angpao. tell him that this is hard earned money. he is going to university, he is on the cusp on adulthood where in a few yrs time he will be entering the workforce and earning his keep.

a watch, especially an expensive one, will only teach him that nice things like watches can come easy. it only reminds him of what an opulent lifestyle is about. so no, NO watches.
    I've had enough. I'm done!!!

Quote Originally Posted by clemdale24 View Post

give him a small-moderate sized angpao. tell him that this is hard earned money. he is going to university, he is on the cusp on adulthood where in a few yrs time he will be entering the workforce and earning his keep.

a watch, especially an expensive one, will only teach him that nice things like watches can come easy. it only reminds him of what an opulent lifestyle is about. so no, NO watches.
    You must be surprised. He has a very strong family backup. If he really wants anything, his parents will buy for him but he never do that. In fact he is a bookworm, seldom goes out with friends or spend money but he is smart and yet obedient and courteous. I'm not praising him. During school days, his parents always complain that he never study, always play x-box even during exam time and yet every year, he can produce good results. From the way he speaks and behave, I personally think that he should become a lecturer or doctor but his father wants him to study architectural.
    Last edited by irisng; 10-03-14 at 23:09.

give him fairprice vouchers.

Quote Originally Posted by clemdale24 View Post

WELL-SAID!

Check with him today, he said if really want to buy, get him a gaming mouse will do.

Check with him today, he said if really want to buy, get him a gaming mouse will do.
    he is a happy chap

Ong lai ah!

If gaming mice is what he wants, step no further!

Let me introduce to you RAZER OUROBOROS!

http://www.razerzone.com/sg-en/gamin...azer-ouroboros

Quote Originally Posted by kellogs View Post
    If gaming mice is what he wants, step no further!

Let me introduce to you RAZER OUROBOROS!

http://www.razerzone.com/sg-en/gamin...azer-ouroboros
    Can I get it at Sim Lim, Funan Centre or Challenger?

you can buy it online

http://www.razerzone.com/sg-en/store/razer-ouroboros

Otherwise yes, Sim Lim Square - Fuwell 4th ot 5th floor

you can buy it online

Thank you.

you can buy it online

Went to Sim Lim Square yesterday. There are few shops selling. Some salesman told me that I must know what type of games my nephew is playing before buying the gaming mouse, some says don't need, this model suites all games type. What do you think?

Went to Sim Lim Square yesterday. There are few shops selling. Some salesman told me that I must know what type of games my nephew is playing before buying the gaming mouse, some says don't need, this model suites all games type. What do you think?
    I will not buy anything at Sim Lim Square as gift.
    Own use still possible, as gift, what if it gets out of order soon? very embarrassed.

I dont play games but I know I would not waste 2 trips to buy a mice

Just buy lah

I dont play games but I know I would not waste 2 trips to buy a mice

Just buy lah
    Thank you. Anyway my office is near to Sim Lim Square, just walk across.

Quote Originally Posted by lionhill
    I will not buy anything at Sim Lim Square as gift.
    Own use still possible, as gift, what if it gets out of order soon? very embarrassed.
    That's why better to check carefully before buying, if not also very paiseh to give him something that he cannot use.