Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4914192021222324252627282934 ... LastLast

Thread: Botannia (D5, 956 yr, CDL / Capitaland)

saw this ad on propertyguru for botannia:

S$ 888,888 Negotiable | 4 beds | 2 baths
    1,564 sqft / 145 sqm | S$ 568.34 psf (built-in)

It claims to be a fire sale. did not bother to call the agent. Is this for real?

want to know whether it is real, shouldnt you be calling the agent?

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    saw this ad on propertyguru for botannia:

S$ 888,888 Negotiable | 4 beds | 2 baths
    1,564 sqft / 145 sqm | S$ 568.34 psf (built-in)

It claims to be a fire sale. did not bother to call the agent. Is this for real?

bluf lah...call the agent but dun pick up call

by the way, anyone can advise me why now the Carabelle sellers asking price is so much higher than Botannia sellers?

Quote Originally Posted by novel
    bluf lah...call the agent but dun pick up call

by the way, anyone can advise me why now the Carabelle sellers asking price is so much higher than Botannia sellers?
    beats me. One possible contributing factor is that carabelle is closer to everything, from AYE to hong leong garden shopping center, in which my wife and I had lunch at a japanese restaurant. it was good and reasonably priced. Afterward we walked to our car, my wife commented, you would need to walk a long way to get here from botannia. But these restaurant are virtually on our door steps (carabelle). Of course, you could just drive from botannia, but you would have to pay for parking.

I called the agent too. He picked up the phone, but said the unit has been sold. I agree he is a liar, meaning the unit never existed.

stalin,

but botannia is supposed to be better development and furthest away from AYE (noise pollution)

the jap restaurant is it Chako?

btw, why the agent want to bluff huh? make himself damn busy isn't it?

beats me. One possible contributing factor is that carabelle is closer to everything, from AYE to hong leong garden shopping center, in which my wife and I had lunch at a japanese restaurant. it was good and reasonably priced. Afterward we walked to our car, my wife commented, you would need to walk a long way to get here from botannia. But these restaurant are virtually on our door steps (carabelle). Of course, you could just drive from botannia, but you would have to pay for parking.
    Stalingrad san can I invite you to walk to Pandan res. and Pandan Road Busstop. I walk from Botannia.
    Dont sue me like the one in Carabelle do to you. I am a poor man.

stalin,

but botannia is supposed to be better development and furthest away from AYE (noise pollution)

I think it is chako, not really sure. we have a tampura saba noodle (for me), and a set meal with a huge japanese trout grilled (for my wife). the total bill is $44. Can you believe it? it is really good and good deal.

I agree that botannia is better in the aspects you mentioned. so I don't know why the owners there are asking for less than the carabelle owners. Overall, I still think that botannia is better value. but you wouldn't know it by comparing prices on propertyguru.com. yes, carabelle owners are probably greedy.

At the prices they are asking, carabelle owners are asking for at least 25-30% more than they paid for their units. tell them to suck a lemon, and go to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by PropertiesHunter
    Stalingrad san can I invite you to walk to Pandan res. and Pandan Road Busstop. I walk from Botannia.
    Dont sue me like the one in Carabelle do to you. I am a poor man.
    Not going to sue you, but don't see your point. can you be more explicit. haha, don't show me your tattoos.

think propertieshunter trying to illustrate the distance varies depend you are walking to where and from where so your plus factor of Carabelle is not really valid....

stalin,

A few reasons, one is to test the market if there are demand for the development at those kind of fire sales pricing. If there are sufficient demand, he will try to fetch a better price for seller.

Next, He will collect the names and phone number and he is likely to eliminate them from viewing. Saves his time.

Next is to give the true sellers a false impression that there are such cheap offers elsewhere, so that they don't ask for the sky and lower their selling prices.

Another one would be to let their handphones ring and answered during viewing to give the impression that they are good and successful agents.

Maybe they are sucker agents whose phone don't ring at all, so become happy to get calls.

So many more reasons... just use your imagination and think.

Quote Originally Posted by Condorich
    A few reasons, one is to test the market if there are demand for the development at those kind of fire sales pricing. If there are sufficient demand, he will try to fetch a better price for seller.

Next, He will collect the names and phone number and he is likely to eliminate them from viewing. Saves his time.

Next is to give the true sellers a false impression that there are such cheap offers elsewhere, so that they don't ask for the sky and lower their selling prices.

Another one would be to let their handphones ring and answered during viewing to give the impression that they are good and successful agents.

Maybe they are sucker agents whose phone don't ring at all, so become happy to get calls.

So many more reasons... just use your imagination and think.
    or maybe they are constirpated and doctors advised them to talk more on the phone to get their bowels moving again.

or they get paid by how many potential clients they speak to.

Quote Originally Posted by Condorich
    Hey I like this one best! The rest really boh liao if the agent really think like that!

think propertieshunter trying to illustrate the distance varies depend you are walking to where and from where so your plus factor of Carabelle is not really valid....
    Thanks Novel san for your translation. Pardon me I only have PSLE lah.

Stalingrad I have one to two tattoos just to frighten people when staring take place at coffeeshop.

Hope you all dont mind, here to learn good english only.

Hi, i'm also looking at carabelle and botannia. But one concern is that there are no amenities like supermarket nearby. Only market is >1km away at west coast drive. It's so hard to even get a loaf of bread for breakfast!

Or is there some shops nearby i missed? What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by ysteng
    Hi, i'm also looking at carabelle and botannia. But one concern is that there are no amenities like supermarket nearby. Only market is >1km away at west coast drive. It's so hard to even get a loaf of bread for breakfast!

Or is there some shops nearby i missed? What do you guys think?

There is a minimart at Botannia

Quote Originally Posted by Simi
    There is a minimart at Botannia
    hong leong shopping center.

I am trying to get a license for mobile food stall to serve the resident at west coast park. Anyone one to open a mobile mini mart for daily items.

Quote Originally Posted by PropertiesHunter
    I am trying to get a license for mobile food stall to serve the resident at west coast park. Anyone one to open a mobile mini mart for daily items.
    that is so silly of you. 500 meters away, there is a wet market, dry market and what have you. 10 meters away there is hong leong shopping center, in which there are a minimart, restaurants. etc. don't describe this area as a disert as far as shopping is concerned.

Stalingrad

No joking there is really a minimart at Botannia.
    See Legend under D
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Simi
    Stalingrad

No joking there is really a minimart at Botannia.
    See Legend under D
    inside botannia ??

sounds like Pacific mansion, normanton park, ridgewood, pandan valley ..the old old condos ...

only means the condo is far from amenities ..hence the need for such minimart inside

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    inside botannia ??

sounds like Pacific mansion, normanton park, ridgewood, pandan valley ..the old old condos ...

only means the condo is far from amenities ..hence the need for such minimart inside
    Actually amenities like shopping, restaurant, wet market are less than 1.5km away

Prefer it this way as can get the daily essential without having to stock
    up too much.

Anyone know TOP this month or july????????

Thanks to all. Now then i realise they want to have a minimart inside Botannia. Gotta check out what's inside hong leong too someday.

Heard that TOP in Aug. Can anybody confirm? Any recommendation for ID?

Quote Originally Posted by COCOCO
    Heard that TOP in Aug. Can anybody confirm? Any recommendation for ID?
    Hi Cococo

Read previous post here

http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...&postcount=631

Spoke to the agent last week
    and she said lastest by Sept.

hmm...but this so called shopping center is like very vacant isn't it? Is there a minimart there?

oh yes there will be 1 minimart inside Botannia

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    inside botannia ??

Sorry sir, it show a minimart is needed only the project is big enough to substain one.

The above mention are big land plot condo.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnTan
    Nothing wrong with selling high or buying low. But to ask for an indication that someone else is selling at xxxpsf and then appear to have an offer at xxxpsf is another thing.

Why cant just say i have a unit for sale at xxxpsf high price?

Anyway, i dun think any buyer will pay that price seeing the recent comments made by the PM and the National wage council. Just my opinion
    I did a few checks with a friend who was keen to buy a unit here.

Apparently prices have moved up quite quickly. It seems that buyers are willing to pay these kinda prices there. This is based on OTPs in May that have yet to show up on the caveats. Even an agent who could not close a deal advised the buyer to grab anything below 800psf if he had a unit avalablen for sale from other agents.

I guess I was wrong. It really is a mad market, but I have to respect it.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnTan
    I did a few checks with a friend who was keen to buy a unit here.

Apparently prices have moved up quite quickly. It seems that buyers are willing to pay these kinda prices there. This is based on OTPs in May that have yet to show up on the caveats. Even an agent who could not close a deal advised the buyer to grab anything below 800psf if he had a unit avalablen for sale from other agents.

I guess I was wrong. It really is a mad market, but I have to respect it.
    Market will never be predicted. Even Pro in temesek hldg earning Million annually got a bad decisions most of the time.

Only history is always correct. In 2006 when market start pick up, many expert deny it and even predict it will go down again in 2007. So what happen. At 2007 end a reverse say property will never return to 2006 then it does.

One cent of advise ,dont predict and get involve. Believe that this little red dot will continue to remain as little red dot 20 yrs from now. Even you dont win big now the next generation will.