Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: KALLANG RIVERSIDE (FREEHOLD, Kampong Bugis, 380m to Lavender MRT)

http://www.thehomelook.com/resources...ation-cost.php

Key in the floor area to do marble or granite flooring to get the estimate pricing

500sq ft marble is about 5k leh....

500sq ft homo tiles is about 2.25k

Just hack away the 500sq ft tiles and replace with marble @ 7k....

Btw, I not vested in kallang... Hahahahah

Smile

Think this area quite nice.. can be another tanjong gul by riverside holiday style housing.. need some activities to boost the area... :-)
    Downside is have to wait. ... for ura .. others to build the lifestyle area.. leisure activities etc...

This project could face endless construction. I will not consider. Rental will be very bad.

Kallang Riverside Floor Plans

http://newlaunch-sgcondo.com/kallang-riverside/

The point in contention is developer is going on a cheap despite the premium price. Developer could have given quality material (which does not cost much as one pointed out) given its cost advantage in the land, yet developer choose not to.

Replacing the flooring to marble is not just about the cost of marble to that of ceramic tile. It is also about hacking off, re-tiling with additional labour cost and lost of rental and the inconvenience during renovation period.

For the price at $2000 psf for all its units ranging from 500 sq to 1400 sqf, there are many options in D15 which are mostly FH.

Parkshore is the only FH development among all the LH developments in Tanjong Rhu in D15. Does the prices of Parkshore any much higher than the LH developments there?

D15 is surely better than D12 unless people buy into the Kg Bugis story. It is a place where commercial and residential mix together for all the future developments there. It is for people who like to live that kind of life style, where you can enjoy your $10 coffee everyday.

From a financial and investment perspective, does it make sense to pay $2m for a 2-BR FH apartment in KR or buy TWO 2-BR FH apartments in D15 and/or D16 also for $2m in total? The answer is quite obvious for most people except for people buying into the Kg Bugis story.

If for rental, ceramic, why need to replace with marble??? Leave it as is lor....

where in d15 freehold 2 bedder got $1m???? This one 1 blur????

How much is southbank today??? How much is citilights??? How much premium should kr command for freehold and new development????

I did not buy, not vested interest in this project. I just confused with the rationale u put forth..... I just blur???

As for marble, someone did bring up developer allow for marble leh??? So if owners want ceramic, so be it...

My anchorage when top, my tenants shifted in (they are graveyard shift), got upset because my neighbor do hacking of marble and replace with parquet.... My tenants couldn't sleep.... So why my neighbors traded their marble for parquet??? Personal preference....

Btw, d12 and d15 are rcr, d16 is ocr

Quote Originally Posted by Amber Woods View Post
    The point in contention is developer is going on a cheap despite the premium price. Developer could have given quality material (which does not cost much as one pointed out) given its cost advantage in the land, yet developer choose not to.

Replacing the flooring to marble is not just about the cost of marble to that of ceramic tile. It is also about hacking off, re-tiling with additional labour cost and lost of rental and the inconvenience during renovation period.

For the price at $2000 psf for all its units ranging from 500 sq to 1400 sqf, there are many options in D15 which are mostly FH.

Parkshore is the only FH development among all the LH developments in Tanjong Rhu in D15. Does the prices of Parkshore any much higher than the LH developments there?

D15 is surely better than D12 unless people buy into the Kg Bugis story. It is a place where commercial and residential mix together for all the future developments there. It is for people who like to live that kind of life style, where you can enjoy your $10 coffee everyday.

From a financial and investment perspective, does it make sense to pay $2m for a 2-BR FH apartment in KR or buy TWO 2-BR FH apartments in D15 and/or D16 also for $2m in total? The answer is quite obvious for most people except for people buying into the Kg Bugis story.
    Last edited by chestnut; 24-05-14 at 13:45.

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut View Post
    If for rental, ceramic, why need to replace with marble??? Leave it as is lor....

where in d15 freehold 2 bedder got $1m???? This one 1 blur????

How much is southbank today??? How much is citilights??? How much premium should kr command for freehold and new development????

I did not buy, not vested interest in this project. I just confused with the rationale u put forth..... I just blur???

As for marble, someone did bring up developer allow for marble leh??? So if owners want ceramic, so be it...

My anchorage when top, my tenants shifted in (they are graveyard shift), got upset because my neighbor do hacking of marble and replace with parquet.... My tenants couldn't sleep.... So why my neighbors traded their marble for parquet??? Personal preference....

Btw, d12 and d15 are rcr, d16 is ocr

Never mind if you blur.

Never mind if you blur.
    Hahahaha.... Not only I blur, everyone also blur with your this statement

"From a financial and investment perspective, does it make sense to pay $2m for a 2-BR FH apartment in KR or buy TWO 2-BR FH apartments in D15 and/or D16 also for $2m in total? "

Where to find 2 bedder at d15 for 1 mil????

Never mind.... No need to answer this question.... Hahahahahaha
    I not really interested... Hahahahahaha

"D15 is surely better than D12"...This statement looks amateurish from an investment prospective

It does not matter if people do not agree. If everyone agrees or hold similar views, then is amount to "group think" and this is not good for this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut View Post
    Hahahaha.... Not only I blur, everyone also blur with your this statement

"From a financial and investment perspective, does it make sense to pay $2m for a 2-BR FH apartment in KR or buy TWO 2-BR FH apartments in D15 and/or D16 also for $2m in total? "

Where to find 2 bedder at d15 for 1 mil????

Never mind.... No need to answer this question.... Hahahahahaha
    I not really interested... Hahahahahaha

So d15 2 bedder is 1 mil for 1000sq ft (apple to apple comparison with kr). That means d15 FH going for 1k psf???? Hmmmm.....

Rental yield will likely to be better for a LH than a FH if they are side by side and of similar size.

It is not the start of the race, during the race that determine who is the winner, it is the end of the race that decide the winner.

Southbank cost SGD 535,000 in June 2006, lot of people say the location no good, the design no good, near main road, near chicken farm, near thai supermarket,..........

It is important to spot the latent value. Raw Stone can become a diamond.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post
    It is not the start of the race, during the race that determine who is the winner, it is the end of the race that decide the winner.

Southbank cost SGD 535,000 in June 2006, lot of people say the location no good, the design no good, near main road, near chicken farm, near thai supermarket,..........

In 2006 why I buy Southbank.

1. Wet Market
    2. Food Court.
    3. MRT
    4. Commercial
    5. Near water (at the rate the SG government doing to the water in 10 years than the water will be crystal clear).
    6. Bus (number of service)
    7. Can take a Bus to Malaysia.
    8. Stadium......

Look at the good side not the bad side of thing and life will be beautiful.

Plus the bare piece of land.

1. Wet Market
    2. Food Court.
    3. MRT
    4. Commercial
    5. Near water (at the rate the SG government doing to the water in 10 years than the water will be crystal clear).
    8. Stadium......

It's difficult to compare prices between different districts. Each development has to be valued based on it's own merits and drawbacks.

Some people are willing to pay >$2 million for KR 2-bedder because they value the amazing views that it currently has. That is why only 2-bedders facing the Kallang Basin are sold on Preview launch day. The only danger is losing the million dollar view if the residential plot south-east of KR gets developed.

None of the 2-bedders facing the opposite direction (towards Balestier) were sold on Preview launch day because property buyers know a lousy deal when they see one. Why spend hard-earned money for non-premium views and facing noisy constructions as the Kampong Bugis area develops?

Every district, condo and unit has pros and cons has to be valued on its own. Buyers just need to be aware of all pros and cons before committing to multi-million-dollar decisions.
    Last edited by MinionDude; 24-05-14 at 18:19.

1. Wet Market
    2. Food Court.
    3. MRT
    4. Commercial
    8. Stadium......

Crawford Lane area is actually a very dodgy neighborhood. I think one of the reason is because many of the dwellers there are coming from very low income background, mostly living in government rented flats. e.g. those old HDB 1 bedroom apartments.

Southbank location is very similar to Viz at Holland, which is located right next to Crescent View HDB estate.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008 View Post
    It is important to spot the latent value. Raw Stone can become a diamond.

then geylang sld be a good buy?

Why not if you see the hidden value? Geylang is a rather long road. See those nearer to kallang mrt station.
    Quote Originally Posted by babyt View Post
    then geylang sld be a good buy?

Marble flooring (living/dining area), washer and refrigerator were given to those who purchase during balloting only.

Marble flooring (living/dining area), washer and refrigerator were given to those who purchase during balloting only.
    Yes. That's correct. And marble flooring not given to 1-bedroom units even during balloting day.

I also noticed that the kitchen fittings showed "Bosch or equivalent". I wonder what they mean by "equivalent"? I hope it is now stipulated clearly in their brochure which was not available during balloting day.

Post-launch, popular housing projects see slower sales

20140603_Waterfront@faber condo_ST.jpgPotential buyers at the launch of Waterfront@Faber condominium on 17 May 2014. Eighty of the World Class Land's West Coast project's 210 units were sold.Print
    0 0 0 0 Cheryl OngThe Straits TimesThursday, Jun 05, 2014Property developments that notched up brisk sales at their debuts seem to have slowed down as home seekers evaluate their options in a buyers' market.

Market watchers said home hunters can take their time to secure the best buy given the way weaker market sentiment has turned the market in their favour.

Since the 210-unit Waterfront@Faber condo went on sale two weeks ago, World Class Land has moved 86 units at an average $1,280 per sq ft (psf). About 80 units were bought for $1,100 psf to $1,350 psf at its launch.

The 99-year leasehold project has 199 units and 11 strata houses. Two-bedroom units are 753 sq ft to 764 sq ft, while a three-bedder is about 1,023 sq ft. Four-bedroom units range from 1,173 sq ft to 1,292 sq ft and strata landed units are 2,799 sq ft to 3,035 sq ft. The 845-unit Commonwealth Towers saw a slight improvement in take-up.

The joint venture, which includes the Hong Leong group, said "more than 66 per cent of the 400 units released" have been sold, up from 65 per cent at the 99-year leasehold development in Commonwealth Avenue when it was launched early last month.

"The first few weeks of a launch will see the strongest take-up for any development because pent-up demand would have been satisfied (then)," said Chesterton International managing director Donald Han.

CBRE research head Desmond Sim said: "But if better units are already snapped up, market watchers will know that there are other projects coming onstream as well and wait."

But sales at projects with launch prices below buyers' expectations are steadily gaining pace.

City Developments sold 20 units of three- to five-bedders at Coco Palms in Pasir Ris at the weekend, bringing the sales tally up to 597 units, or 63 per cent of 944 units. At its launch two weeks earlier, about 52 per cent of its units were snapped up.

Three-bedders start from $880,000 and four-bedders start from $1.21 million. Units range from 463 sq ft one-bedroom units to 3,111 sq ft penthouses.

The freehold 212-unit Kallang Riverside condo in Kampong Bugis saw 99 units sold so far. Its developer, The Singapore-Johore Express, said most two-bedders with a view of the Singapore Sports Hub were snapped up for $1,900 psf to $2,600 psf.

Despite a slide in momentum, Mr Han expects May's new home sales to hit 1,500 to 1,600 units - a new recent high. "The good news is that May has had more mass-market launches, and some projects were relaunched with compelling discounts."

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33 View Post
    Crawford Lane area is actually a very dodgy neighborhood. I think one of the reason is because many of the dwellers there are coming from very low income background, mostly living in government rented flats. e.g. those old HDB 1 bedroom apartments.

Southbank location is very similar to Viz at Holland, which is located right next to Crescent View HDB estate.
    I dun think Crawford Lane is all that dodgy. Most are 3 rooms, i think those 1rm and rental units are on beach road side.

Quote Originally Posted by landex View Post
    I dun think Crawford Lane is all that dodgy. Most are 3 rooms, i think those 1rm and rental units are on beach road side.
    Dont take my word for it. Just go walk around the entire Crawford area including visiting the wet market and hawker centers, then you tell me is that place is worth $2000psf.

Masterplan 2014 has been gazetted. When fully developed, the Kallang Riverside site will be trapped within all other highrise building with higher plot ratio. So I would say whatever stadium view you are buying will only be temporary.

"Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by landex View Post
    It depends where a person childhood days environment, he or she will feel comfortable staying where their childhood days environment, other will feel uncomfortable.

One of the reason I brought Southbank is because I was staying around the area and feel comfortable staying there.

Used to pass by the Gas Work and smell of the gas while waiting at the Bus Stop. When the Gas work was remove and the condo launch I just book a unit, though there are lots of bad comments on the location.

What they see is a piece of stone and what I see is a piece of unpolished stone. SGD 1,000,000 to be exact.

A place may look dodgy now it may be beautiful as time pass, Location of the place can never change.

Just look at Singapore river, before the LKY clean out on the river the place also look dodgy if you have a house next to the river, what will the house worth now.

Last edited by Arcachon; 07-06-14 at 15:48.

Which one will you all buy if given a choice? I just pick the properties around that area since KRS is centered at sports hub.

1) Citylights
    2) Southbank
    3) Kallang riverside
    4) Dakota Residences
    5) Waterbank
    6) Citygate (former keypoint)
    7) Skyline

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb View Post
    Which one will you all buy if given a choice? I just pick the properties around that area since KRS is centered at sports hub.

1) Citylights
    2) Southbank
    3) Kallang riverside
    4) Dakota Residences
    5) Waterbank
    6) Citygate (former keypoint)
    7) Skyline
    SouthBank, Wet market, Hawker Centre nearest, when you are old and every step count, your will know which is the best.

Love this picture

Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Well, you definitely can't see the National Stadium's fireworks for this condo. But you get to enjoy living there.

The existing road will be realigned.

It's a nice design though. Those Kallang waves look pretty to hide the multi-storey carpark. Although the North facing units have a gap where the park is, I still feel that the 2-bedders that face South will be a better choice. South wind is still ideal.

But this is a concept Kampong Bugis where URA hopes to achieve a FENCE-less town.

Hmmm... remember it is also a CAR-less town so technically this will be the busiest road in the whole Kampong.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-fjsyKVMBrk...is-Image-3.jpg
    Last edited by ecimbew; 02-07-14 at 13:17.
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?