Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: KALLANG RIVERSIDE (FREEHOLD, Kampong Bugis, 380m to Lavender MRT)

Quote Originally Posted by MinionDude View Post
    Just went to SCB and ANZ banks to ask about loan packages. Both bank's representative told me that they will not be extending loan to Kallang Riverside development

I wonder why they are so conservative? Singapore developers ever go bust meh?
    The banks are not willing to match the high selling prices expected from the developer in view of the falling prices. Hence, the banks refuse to extend loan for this project.

Do be careful of banks so willing of match the asking prices of developers when prices are expected to fall. These banks may well be quick to revalue your property when prices fall or when the property index take a big hit.

Just went to SCB and ANZ banks to ask about loan packages. Both bank's representative told me that they will not be extending loan to Kallang Riverside development

I wonder why they are so conservative? Singapore developers ever go bust meh?
    Wow, this is interesting! Did the banks say why? Developer not reputable enough? The banks don't want to underwrite the risk that this project delay TOP since it's not subject to GLS rules? Project asking price shouldn't be an issue if the banks can determine the loan quantum based on their own valuation assessment right?

How are sales today?

Last updated was almost half sold today. Very very good results for that kind of quantum.

Quote Originally Posted by mintee View Post
    Wow, this is interesting! Did the banks say why? Developer not reputable enough? The banks don't want to underwrite the risk that this project delay TOP since it's not subject to GLS rules? Project asking price shouldn't be an issue if the banks can determine the loan quantum based on their own valuation assessment right?
    SCB representative said its because the developer has unproven track record. ANZ representative did not explain why.

Was at the showflat for preview launch today. Strangely, 1 bedroom units were not very popular - only about 35% sold. Quantum still too high for investors?
    In contrast, 2 bedroom units facing the river basin had healthy sales (about 70% sold). I guess most buyers are homeowners who wish to have the good views. A little concerned for those who bought the 2 bedroom stacks on the eastern half because their nice view may be blocked in the future if the URA 2013 Draft Masterplan is approved.

SCB representative said its because the developer has unproven track record. ANZ representative did not explain why.

Read this

http://statutes.agc.gov.sg/aol/searc...09000000;rec=0

http://www.ura.gov.sg/lad/HBG/housingDeveloper.htm

There is no risk

stadium view might offer some good eye candy, but I think this site might be too close for comfort because of potential noise coming from the stadium whenever there is any event. be it church events, rock concerts or sports event.

And certainly having a structure that looks like a giant tortoise smack right in front of your house. And facing it everyday is not going to help in your fengshui either.

"Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Curious how much psf average is selling? I don't tink is above 2k psf

Quote Originally Posted by henryhk View Post
    I'm not sure about the 2-bedroom psf. But 1-bedroom units average psf >$2100 after Preview discount. Comparable price to similar-sized new freehold units at River Valley area. All 1-bedroom units at Kallang Riverside are facing north-west towards Balestier and Toa Payoh.
    Last edited by MinionDude; 21-05-14 at 12:01.

This is a challenging project with developer trying to sell at above $2000 psf. Higher floors 2 bedded all hit $2m. 3 bedded also selling at close to $2000 psf for lower floors. A this price, developer is giving polished ceramic floor tiles for living/dining, timber strip for bedroom and matt ceramic tile for toilet.

Kg Bugis can become quite rowdy with all future developments in the area being mixed developments. If you are looking for quiet, peaceful and exclusiveness, give this project a miss.

However, if you enjoy the crowd and hip, go for it though I think it is over priced and over hipped. Developer may need to lower price if it wants to move more units.

At this price/quality and location, there are lot more better options if one has to buy now.

Quote Originally Posted by henryhk View Post
    Totally above $2k psf.

And sold almost half of the units on the first day. Best sellers are in fact the 2-bedders - despite the > $2m price tags.

Quote Originally Posted by Amber Woods View Post
    This is a challenging project with developer trying to sell at above $2000 psf. Higher floors 2 bedded all hit $2m. 3 bedded also selling at close to $2000 psf for lower floors. A this price, developer is giving polished ceramic floor tiles for living/dining, timber strip for bedroom and matt ceramic tile for toilet.
    I didn't realize that the bigger units were also selling above $2000psf despite not having quality finishes. Those who bought the 2-bedroom units must value the views quite highly. I pray for them that the residential plot in front of Kallang Riverside remains undeveloped or else their gorgeous panaroma view will be blocked.

I didn't realize that the bigger units were also selling above $2000psf despite not having quality finishes. Those who bought the 2-bedroom units must value the views quite highly. I pray for them that the residential plot in front of Kallang Riverside remains undeveloped or else their gorgeous panaroma view will be blocked.
    In the eyes of the government LH site is more precious than FH, so there is no reason to believe that those site will not be develop.

However if the LH site is able to achieve high psf, then the value of FH site will also be bump up despite losing its view.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

This is the second time I see Southbank selling cheap, once in 2009 and now 2014.

MTB better buy before the price start to increase.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/proje...bank-91/sale/1

Sad, did not manage to get it...

Quote Originally Posted by omega View Post
    Sad, did not manage to get it...
    Which one Southbank or Riverside. 2011 almost brought a one Bedroom for SGD 1,000,000.

According to master plan, south facing towards basin will be unblocked, north facing will be blocked by future developments.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post
    Which one Southbank or Riverside. 2011 almost brought a one Bedroom for SGD 1,000,000.
    i mean KR...

Quote Originally Posted by august View Post
    According to master plan, south facing towards basin will be unblocked, north facing will be blocked by future developments.
    Which year's Masterplan are you referring to? The latest URA 2013 Draft Masterplan shows a residential plot with the same plot ratio located to the south-east of Kallang Riverside (see below).
    Since Kallang Riverside is oriented to face the south-east, most of KR's view may be blocked if the 2013 Draft Masterplan is approved and the plot developed.

Given that the land belongs to the developer, I was expecting the developer to at least give quality finishes such as marble flooring to justify its pricing. Sadly, the developer instead go on the cheap. It is not worth paying over $2m for a 2 bedded with such low grade finishing. Do not the buyers feel being zipped off?

Given that the land belongs to the developer, I was expecting the developer to at least give quality finishes such as marble flooring to justify its pricing. Sadly, the developer instead go on the cheap. It is not worth paying over $2m for a 2 bedded with such low grade finishing. Do not the buyers feel being zipped off?
    Isn't the flooring Italian tiles?
    The agent said there is an option to convert to marble flooring without extra charges.
    But don't know what type of marble are they referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by princess_morbucks View Post
    Isn't the flooring Italian tiles?
    The agent said there is an option to convert to marble flooring without extra charges.
    But don't know what type of marble are they referring to.
    Read from the press that the boss felt that the development could sell at much higher if not for the last cooling measure. So the developer decided to sell at "reduced price" and compromise with cheaper material. This is a case of seller (developer) not accepting the fact that the environment has changed. Developer should have just gone for better material and market the development as a higher end product to move sale.

Now has to restore to giving marble to improve sale. Wrong marketing strategy!

Oh yes! you know what, the layout is also bad. The living room is at the far end of the entrance. Bad feng shui!

Read from the press that the boss felt that the development could sell at much higher if not for the last cooling measure. So the developer decided to sell at "reduced price" and compromise with cheaper material. This is a case of seller (developer) not accepting the fact that the environment has changed. Developer should have just gone for better material and market the development as a higher end product to move sale.

Now has to restore to giving marble to improve sale. Wrong marketing strategy!

Oh yes! you know what, the layout is also bad. The living room is at the far end of the entrance. Bad feng shui!
    But they still move half the no. of units ley...

Default Future 60yrs leasehold

Freehold land is limited, future GLS might be 60 years LH. Just like Hong Kong!

Quote Originally Posted by labobks View Post
    Freehold land is limited, future GLS might be 60 years LH. Just like Hong Kong!
    Can share where you read or hear.

Quote Originally Posted by sunboy77 View Post
    But they still move half the no. of units ley...
    For a small project like this, selling half the number of units (mostly 1 and 2 bedded) is not good numbers. The challenge is how to move the rest. For those who just sign up for the $2 million 2 bedded, wonder what is in their minds? Hopefully they could sleep well.

Can someone list over the next 2 years, the possible freehold condo launches????

It's about supply demand.....

Don't be disturbed with interior, it can be easily fixed with renovation.... How much can marble flooring cost someone willing to foot $2m. How much as a % of the total amount????

The location is fabulous and the FH title is exclusive. Buyers will surely make money. Its a matter of patience.

Limited edition condo.

To add on, I believe the developer can afford to hold on to the remaining units given that they do not need to sell all the units within 5 years.

For a small project like this, selling half the number of units (mostly 1 and 2 bedded) is not good numbers. The challenge is how to move the rest. For those who just sign up for the $2 million 2 bedded, wonder what is in their minds? Hopefully they could sleep well.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post
    Can share where you read or hear.
    Industrial land has reduced from 60yrs to 30yrs due to affordability, there is already one Condo with 60yr LH. Prices cannot keep going up so reduce the land lease n the price too! :
    KR

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut View Post
    Can someone list over the next 2 years, the possible freehold condo launches????

It's about supply demand.....

Don't be disturbed with interior, it can be easily fixed with renovation.... How much can marble flooring cost someone willing to foot $2m. How much as a % of the total amount????

So true.. It will be a shame for seasoned investors to be still concerned over whether developer is using marble floorings or tiles (cheap china white marbles u want?) . They look at locations and potential!