Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: KALLANG RIVERSIDE (FREEHOLD, Kampong Bugis, 380m to Lavender MRT)

Heard they serve good coffee here.

Nice pics and good info, Arachon!

But this TURE building will be gone very soon, since the government has already made plans to rejuvenate Kampong Bugis?

The pricing of this site will be a good benchmark for the neighbouring sites.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008 View Post
    The pricing of this site will be a good benchmark for the neighbouring sites.
    Neighbouring sites released through government land sales are likely to be 99-years LH.

This will be the rose amongst the thorns.
    Quote Originally Posted by sunboy77 View Post
    Neighbouring sites released through government land sales are likely to be 99-years LH.

Not an easy walk to MRT at the moment.
    Probably better when all the surrounding areas are developed.

A short walk along the promenade of rochor river. Not far from lavender Mrt station. Lots of eatery adjacent to Southbank. What is the building height? Will it blocked Citylights? When will it be launched? Eager to know the selling price.

It is unfortunate that Citylights will be blocked by the new development at Kallang riverside.
    Quote Originally Posted by jslee78 View Post
    A short walk along the promenade of rochor river. Not far from lavender Mrt station. Lots of eatery adjacent to Southbank. What is the building height? Will it blocked Citylights? When will it be launched? Eager to know the selling price.

The units fronting the delta has got a phenomenon 180 degrees unblocked view, no doubt. For NOW.

Do take note that there is a land plot marked as "reserved site" (in yellow) directly in front of Kallang Riverside. If a tall building comes up in front for LR in the future, buyers who paid a premium for the waterfront view will really le.

But what's also interesting is, before the gahment activates this "reserve site", it will likely fully develop all the residential plots to the north first. Also notice that the plot ratio gets higher and higher towards the north. So it does look like there is only a remote chance to activate this reserve plot at the south for high-rise residential building.

Another interesting thing is, the gahment has also designated "commercial units on the first storey" (those marked in light red) in some of the buildings at Kampong Bugis. That means in years to come, we are very likely going to see more eateries, cafes, etc. to complement the waterfront living style. Skarly got supermarket somemore...

I am damn optimistic about a direct straight-line road/link from KR to Lavander MRT Station in the future.

And I am very looking forward to the strip of man-made "Kallang Beachfront" to the southeast.

Very interesting.

Last edited by sunboy77; 06-03-14 at 00:40.

Interesting - new Kallang beachfront:

Photo credits: URA

Kallang area wil always be the poorer cousin for Tanjong Rhu due to its proximity to rental HDB, industrial estate and red light district.

If you want to go upmarket, the place to put your money in along Tanjong Rhu and the new Marina Bay East.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33 View Post
    Kallang area wil always be the poorer cousin for Tanjong Rhu due to its proximity to rental HDB, industrial estate and red light district.

If you want to go upmarket, the place to put your money in along Tanjong Rhu and the new Marina Bay East.
    But the prices for citylights and southbank show otherwise when compared to tanjong rhu.

Imo, rental is better for lavender and own stay with car better for tanjong rhu.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosy View Post
    But the prices for citylights and southbank show otherwise when compared to tanjong rhu.

Imo, rental is better for lavender and own stay with car better for tanjong rhu.
    Its the potential that we should be looking instead of saying which project has got higher psf. And the disparity could also due to age and unit size.

IMO the positive impact of the sport hub is very limited and all the hype will simply die off very quickly because sport hub is pretty much a dead place when there are no event. And when there is event, there will be congestion and noise, not something that everyone look forward to.

Plus tanjong rhu area property will also get a boost from the ERL and the future development at Marina Bay east.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Its the potential that we should be looking instead of saying which project has got higher psf. And the disparity could also due to age and unit size.

IMO the positive impact of the sport hub is very limited and all the hype will simply die off very quickly because sport hub is pretty much a dead place when there are no event. And when there is event, there will be congestion and noise, not something that everyone look forward to.

Plus tanjong rhu area property will also get a boost from the ERL and the future development at Marina Bay east.
    Agree the part about the (initial) hype of the sports hub. When dealing with my clients who are interested to rent shops/restaurants at the sports hub to operate their business, I always ask them to better think twice.

Hey don't be busy body lar

I want first time buyers kana snoke mah.

luckily you never tell them sat and sunday, that place become thai, bangla and phinoy love spots

then every month sure got police car stop there to catch drunk thai from fighting.

I want to buy from regret owners, dont spoil my plan ok

I would pick Tanjung Rhu if I'm looking for a place to stay myself

For rental, I would go with Kallang River as there's just more amenities nearby! hahaha
    Believing me is like believing Puaka Hill is in D10!

Quote Originally Posted by relax88 View Post
    Hey don't be busy body lar

I want first time buyers kana snoke mah.

luckily you never tell them sat and sunday, that place become thai, bangla and phinoy love spots

then every month sure got police car stop there to catch drunk thai from fighting.

I want to buy from regret owners, dont spoil my plan ok
    Got the same problem when I was thinking of buying Southbank in 2006, there are thai, bangla, phinoy, rental housing, HDB, main road, dirty drain, Care taker, industrial building, lady head found on the beach of kallang, people die in the Kallang Basin, wetmarket, food court, 24 hour food court, Hotel, Geylang chicken etc.... lucky still go ahead and buy @ SGD 535,000. Love the place when the Gaswork is still working, passby can smell the Gas. Haut Ah........

Last edited by Arcachon; 06-03-14 at 13:56.

The Kallang Body Parts Murder is one of Singapore’s more prominent criminal cases. The crime took place in June 2005 and involved the murder of Liu Hong Mei, a Chinese national who had been working in Singapore. She was killed by her supervisor and lover, Leong Siew Chor, and subsequently chopped up into seven parts. Her body parts and belongings were then dumped at the Kallang River, Singapore River, rubbish bins along Ubi Road and outside Ang Mo Kio MRT Station. The crime came to light when parts of her body surfaced at Kallang River, giving the crime its name.

http://infopedia.nl.sg/articles/SIP_...011-03-17.html

Last edited by Arcachon; 06-03-14 at 14:11.

can see fireworks from sport hub next time...NDP.

The units fronting the delta has got a phenomenon 180 degrees unblocked view, no doubt. For NOW.

Do take note that there is a land plot marked as "reserved site" (in yellow) directly in front of Kallang Riverside. If a tall building comes up in front for LR in the future, buyers who paid a premium for the waterfront view will really le.

But what's also interesting is, before the gahment activates this "reserve site", it will likely fully develop all the residential plots to the north first. Also notice that the plot ratio gets higher and higher towards the north. So it does look like there is only a remote chance to activate this reserve plot at the south for high-rise residential building.

Another interesting thing is, the gahment has also designated "commercial units on the first storey" (those marked in light red) in some of the buildings at Kampong Bugis. That means in years to come, we are very likely going to see more eateries, cafes, etc. to complement the waterfront living style. Skarly got supermarket somemore...

I am damn optimistic about a direct straight-line road/link from KR to Lavander MRT Station in the future.

And I am very looking forward to the strip of man-made "Kallang Beachfront" to the southeast.

Very interesting.

I remember that this area is totally different between the 2013 draft masterplan and the 2008 masterplan. The yellow sites in 2008 plan were all changed to residential in the draft 2013 plans, except for the strip beside the bay which would be public parks. Also, in the draft 2013 plans, the plot of land south of Riverine had its plot ratio updated to one that is higher than that of Riverine's, ensuring that all floors in Riverine will lose its bay view should that come to pass.

Unfortunately, I didn't make a copy of the draft 2013 plan for this area, and URA has since taken them off their site with the end of public consultation. Did anyone take a shot of the draft 2013 plans of kampong bugis with plot ratio? This will better analysis of the chance that this new development will / will not risk losing its water views in the longer term.

Quote Originally Posted by mintee View Post
    I remember that this area is totally different between the 2013 draft masterplan and the 2008 masterplan. The yellow sites in 2008 plan were all changed to residential in the draft 2013 plans, except for the strip beside the bay which would be public parks. Also, in the draft 2013 plans, the plot of land south of Riverine had its plot ratio updated to one that is higher than that of Riverine's, ensuring that all floors in Riverine will lose its bay view should that come to pass.

Unfortunately, I didn't make a copy of the draft 2013 plan for this area, and URA has since taken them off their site with the end of public consultation. Did anyone take a shot of the draft 2013 plans of kampong bugis with plot ratio? This will better analysis of the chance that this new development will / will not risk losing its water views in the longer term.
    Subject to changes, buy at your own risk.

I will rather buy in Tanjong Rhu or if the kallang airport land gets earmarked for residential development

Connectivity is important. Tanjong rhu is much more isolated, even with ERL, its road connectivity is problematic. Infact, kallang riverside also suffers from poor road connectivity. A bridge spanning across the kallang river linking up secondary roads will make the place more accessible.

Quote Originally Posted by jslee78 View Post
    Connectivity is important. Tanjong rhu is much more isolated, even with ERL, its road connectivity is problematic. Infact, kallang riverside also suffers from poor road connectivity. A bridge spanning across the kallang river linking up secondary roads will make the place more accessible.
    From various artist's impressions, seems like there will be.

Hmm... seems like big units:

UNIT TYPES
    1Br: ~ 520 to 830 sqft
    2Br: ~ 970 to 1100 sqft
    2+S: ~ 1030 sqft
    3Br: ~ 1140 sqft
    3DK: ~ 1430-1600 sqft
    3+S (Maisonette): ~ 1950 sqft
    PH: ~ 2500 to 3500 sqft

Mixed development with a total of 7 Commercial units (@Level 1) + 212 Residential. And thankfully the commercial units are not for sale (hopefully there'll be a good tenant mix with supermarket in the future).

Comes with tennis court!

Any indicative psf? Thanks

Thumbs down

Hmm... seems like big units:

UNIT TYPES
    1Br: ~ 520 to 830 sqft
    2Br: ~ 970 to 1100 sqft
    2+S: ~ 1030 sqft
    3Br: ~ 1140 sqft
    3DK: ~ 1430-1600 sqft
    3+S (Maisonette): ~ 1950 sqft
    PH: ~ 2500 to 3500 sqft

Mixed development with a total of 7 Commercial units (@Level 1) + 212 Residential. And thankfully the commercial units are not for sale (hopefully there'll be a good tenant mix with supermarket in the future).

Comes with tennis court!
    @ sunboy77

We are still waiting for your confirmation answer to WHY you said Marina One Residence doesn't have mickey mouse unit !

So don't hide like a coward

You SCARE your CEA LICENSE GONE OR KANA SUE by developer ?

Prove us that you are a MAN with BALLS....