Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MARINE PARADE/AMBER WILL BE PRIME IN 10 YEARS

Default MARINE PARADE/AMBER WILL BE PRIME IN 10 YEARS

If you guys have followed my forum discussions, I have always emphasised that the Marine Parade/Amber/Meyer areas will be expensive prime properties in times to come.

This is because a future ERL mrt line will run from town down to Amber/Marine Parade and all the way to Changi Airport. This makes Marine Parade/Amber the most ideal place to stay cause firstly apart from its beautiful seaview front, it also has convenience in terms of transport with one straight mrt line from airport to home to town. In addition, it is also conveniently located near popular shopping malls like Parkway Parade, Katong I12 and more shopping malls coming along the way at the East Coast Road stretch - Roxy, East Village mall, Katong Shopping Centre (to be enbloc soon). I can safely bet that this area will be transformed into a mini Orchard Road. There are no other locations in Singapore where you can see a rich variety of Shopping Malls, Hotels and a good stretch of quality cuisine restaurants, cafes and food places all jumbled up together.

Not to mention, the freehold estate in Amber/Meyer will be the last freehold bastion properties fronting the seaview. Others are primarily leasehold properties and extremely unlikely the government or private developers (who gave leasehold status) would want to extend lease after 100 years unless the owners are willing to pay a huge price to renew lease.

In addition, very high probability with the coming of the ERL line and the already existing MCE expressway line, the government will build more ameneties (shopping, leisure and entertainment) along the east coast stretch. Big plans are on the drawing board for the Marina East area, some reliable sources are expecting a 3rd IR around this area (reclaimed land between Fort Road and Marina East area) facing a virgin (unutilised) beach.

Finally, families will be spoilt for choices of good schools from private international schools to good government schools like Dunman High, Victoria Junior College, Tanjong Katong Sec, etc etc etc.

Ultimately, Marine Parade is the only district in which I expect property prices will remain steady or slightly increase in the next 1 year. I can bet 100% on this.

Marine parade will always be popular with those who grew up in the east.
    However it may not apply to those who grew up elsewhere.
    As it is, marine parade is already a well sought after district.
    Katong is prime......but I don't think Marine Parade will become better than Katong.

Shawn dont waste your effort because we all know FH sea view you talking about will eventually be block by east coast reclamation, and very soon, there will be plenty of new waterfront residential supply coming on stream, from Marina Bay East and Southern Coast region.

And these new waterfront seaview residential will get sea view without having to face a noisy and polluted ECP.

Like I said before, government will not waste money developing FH estate because there is very little for government to gain plus the lack of sizable land for any major development.

As far as your 3rd IR is concern its just hot air coming from nowhere. Drawing board? You must be one very desperate property agents to spread this kind of wild rumors and lies.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

You also say Aristo will TOP latest by end 2012 but in actual fact, you were 1 year off your prediction.

You also say Aristo will hit 2k psf but till now, your 2k psf is still in your own brain, in your own world.

Stop fantasizing and wake up. What is the point of near to town? With that kind of price, I will stay in town.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    If you guys have followed my forum discussions, I have always emphasised that the Marine Parade/Amber/Meyer areas will be expensive prime properties in times to come.

This is because a future ERL mrt line will run from town down to Amber/Marine Parade and all the way to Changi Airport. This makes Marine Parade/Amber the most ideal place to stay cause firstly apart from its beautiful seaview front, it also has convenience in terms of transport with one straight mrt line from airport to home to town. In addition, it is also conveniently located near popular shopping malls like Parkway Parade, Katong I12 and more shopping malls coming along the way at the East Coast Road stretch - Roxy, East Village mall, Katong Shopping Centre (to be enbloc soon). I can safely bet that this area will be transformed into a mini Orchard Road. There are no other locations in Singapore where you can see a rich variety of Shopping Malls, Hotels and a good stretch of quality cuisine restaurants, cafes and food places all jumbled up together.

Not to mention, the freehold estate in Amber/Meyer will be the last freehold bastion properties fronting the seaview. Others are primarily leasehold properties and extremely unlikely the government or private developers (who gave leasehold status) would want to extend lease after 100 years unless the owners are willing to pay a huge price to renew lease.

In addition, very high probability with the coming of the ERL line and the already existing MCE expressway line, the government will build more ameneties (shopping, leisure and entertainment) along the east coast stretch. Big plans are on the drawing board for the Marina East area, some reliable sources are expecting a 3rd IR around this area (reclaimed land between Fort Road and Marina East area) facing a virgin (unutilised) beach.

Finally, families will be spoilt for choices of good schools from private international schools to good government schools like Dunman High, Victoria Junior College, Tanjong Katong Sec, etc etc etc.

Ultimately, Marine Parade is the only district in which I expect property prices will remain steady or slightly increase in the next 1 year. I can bet 100% on this.

Did you say the hotel site at East Coast will become some 4 or 5 star hotel. But looking at the winning bid, it doesnt look like the Master Contract Services Pte Ltd and Keong Hong Construction Pte Ltd is going to make that into 4 or 5 star hotel leh?

More like hotel for short term use??
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33 View Post
    Did you say the hotel site at East Coast will become some 4 or 5 star hotel. But looking at the winning bid, it doesnt look like the Master Contract Services Pte Ltd and Keong Hong Construction Pte Ltd is going to make that into 4 or 5 star hotel leh?

More like hotel for short term use??
    At the winning price, it will have to be a 4/5 star hotel. No argument about it leh.

u r betting 100%?
    wat r u staking? how do we come after u if MP is NOT THE ONLT district tat remain stable or hv slight increase?
    lol ... u juz reminds me of ringo33 lol

Quote Originally Posted by iridrium View Post
    At the winning price, it will have to be a 4/5 star hotel. No argument about it leh.
    I dont presume you know what is their cost per room dont you? And if you dont know, then how do you know it will be 4 to 5 stars?

Quote Originally Posted by princess_morbucks View Post
    Marine parade will always be popular with those who grew up in the east.
    However it may not apply to those who grew up elsewhere.
    As it is, marine parade is already a well sought after district.
    Katong is prime......but I don't think Marine Parade will become better than Katong.

Hmm how does Marine Parade be different from Katong when both are in the same vicinity ?? I dont see the logic here

I thought Marine Parade comprise mainly of private condos and HDBs whereas Katong represent a bigger estate of private houses, condos. Certain parts of Katong are not desirable like those nearer to Geylang side, whereas certain part of Marine Parade are highly sought after like those near Parkway Parade.

Quote Originally Posted by 玉格格 View Post
    u r betting 100%?
    wat r u staking? how do we come after u if MP is NOT THE ONLT district tat remain stable or hv slight increase?
    lol ... u juz reminds me of ringo33 lol
    Well believe in whatever you wanna believe in..You can also believe in Ringo who bet on ulu Jurong. As for me, I rather bet alongside Shawn for the Marine Parade and D15 estate.

Quote Originally Posted by Marky View Post
    Hmm how does Marine Parade be different from Katong when both are in the same vicinity ?? I dont see the logic here

I thought Marine Parade comprise mainly of private condos and HDBs whereas Katong represent a bigger estate of private houses, condos. Certain parts of Katong are not desirable like those nearer to Geylang side, whereas certain part of Marine Parade are highly sought after like those near Parkway Parade.
    Yes, like there is no difference between Marky and Shawn

I would skip meyer as it has become an enclave from certain country. no not angmoh or prc or indo.

Well believe in whatever you wanna believe in..You can also believe in Ringo who bet on ulu Jurong. As for me, I rather bet alongside Shawn for the Marine Parade and D15 estate.
    I went to Jurong East last weekend. It is not ulu at all. The first time, I truly believe Ringo is right.

The only thing disappointing is the lousy manger of Robison. Imagine he can label the so low-taste apparels at such a high price! He should be sacked.

many times ppl hard sell for self interests. sorry, I only believe in my own judgement

Based on a recent article from Straits Times, it seems that the area's outlook is positive. Price and rent are expected to increase. The new Capital Land project "Marine Blue" along marine parade road is also expected to launch at slightly above 2000psf.

http://business.asiaone.com/news/new...-marine-parade

Quote Originally Posted by 玉格格 View Post
    many times ppl hard sell for self interests. sorry, I only believe in my own judgement
    Nobody interested in your CRAP talk in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by square View Post
    Based on a recent article from Straits Times, it seems that the area's outlook is positive. Price and rent are expected to increase. The new Capital Land project "Marine Blue" along marine parade road is also expected to launch at slightly above 2000psf.

http://business.asiaone.com/news/new...-marine-parade

Who is buying marine blue at this price?

Recently I have been smelling alot of supercar exos along Parkway Parade belt... lol alot of wealthy people here.

IMO, I will like to put the potential in MP as a 1km belt cursor starting from PP in onemap. But thats just me ok. steady....

Who is buying marine blue at this price?
    I am only quoting from the news article. You will have to ask the real estate professionals at Capital Land if they actually launch at that price.

indias best talents live there
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

Quote Originally Posted by radha08 View Post
    indias best talents live there
    That's right.

Quote Originally Posted by iridrium View Post
    dont be disappointed, Keong Hong CEO is going to position this as a 3 star hotel

Definitely no argument about this.

Just pass Chinese Swimming Club saw one soil testing machine just outside the club. Speculation rampant that an mrt entrance/exit point near the roundabout which leads to the mrt station underground. For pedestrians near Parkway, there is another entrance/exit point there.

We will probably hear the announcement on ERL mrt station plans sometime in July/August this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies View Post
    dont be disappointed, Keong Hong CEO is going to position this as a 3 star hotel

Definitely no argument about this.
    Whatever it is, east coast will always remain a popular district and with the new ERL line, this location will be even more in demand. No where else in Singapore can u find such convenience to the airport, mrt, shopping, good restaurants/food, good schools, good beach, town, and the easy access to major expressways.

If it is so attractive as what you claimed, Cote A'zure will be selling at 2k psf. Silversea will average 2.5k psf. Looks like D9 and CBD is still the most sought after districts.

Whatever it is, east coast will always remain a popular district and with the new ERL line, this location will be even more in demand. No where else in Singapore can u find such convenience to the airport, mrt, shopping, good restaurants/food, good schools, good beach, town, and the easy access to major expressways.

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb View Post
    If it is so attractive as what you claimed, Cote A'zure will be selling at 2k psf. Silversea will average 2.5k psf. Looks like D9 and CBD is still the most sought after districts.
    Of course D9 and 10 are prime districts I did not deny that, but some of the high end condos in D15 are already fetching above $2000psf especially those concentrated around freehold Amber/Meyer areas.

It is stupid to compare Cote D Azur, a 10 year old condo with a new condo in D15 in terms of pricing. In addition, D Azur is leasehold. As for Silversea, some of its premium units like penthouses and high floor sea view units are already reaching close to $2100-2500psf in terms of pricing. Nearby condos like Aalto and Meyerise, premium units are already selling above $2000psf. Even leasehold The Shore Residences premium units are closing in to $2000psf ($1650-1750psf).

Of course naturally its the facing that counts, the higher you go the higher will be the psf especially those with sea views.

It is undeniable that D15 pricing are closing in to premium district pricing. You cannot compare Balestier MM units high psf with D15 jumbo units. Naturally smaller units have higher psf whereas big units if have high psf showed that the market for that location is strong. There goes for the highly popular D15.

Yup... Although it is not luxury hotel..

Finally they going to build mrt to connect this inconvenience place. ..

Of course D9 and 10 are prime districts I did not deny that, but some of the high end condos in D15 are already fetching above $2000psf especially those concentrated around freehold Amber/Meyer areas.

It is stupid to compare Cote D Azur, a 10 year old condo with a new condo in D15 in terms of pricing. In addition, D Azur is leasehold. As for Silversea, some of its premium units like penthouses and high floor sea view units are already reaching close to $2100-2500psf in terms of pricing. Nearby condos like Aalto and Meyerise, premium units are already selling above $2000psf. Even leasehold The Shore Residences premium units are closing in to $2000psf ($1650-1750psf).

Of course naturally its the facing that counts, the higher you go the higher will be the psf especially those with sea views.

It is undeniable that D15 pricing are closing in to premium district pricing. You cannot compare Balestier MM units high psf with D15 jumbo units. Naturally smaller units have higher psf whereas big units if have high psf showed that the market for that location is strong. There goes for the highly popular D15.
    Peak to Peak, D9 is going at >$4000psf..

Peak to Peak, D9 is going at >$4000psf..
    Then again you must evaluate not all D9 condos are selling at more than $4000psf. There are still a handful selling at below $2000psf for your info. It all depends on what type of condo, where in D9 its location, and what are the furnishes like...same as D15, some can be sold at $1200psf while some can even be close to $3000psf.

But the interesting part of D15 is that some of the condos that record above $2000psf are not MM units but big jumbo units like 4 bedroom (Aalto, Meyerise, Silversea). Its tough to sell big units at big psf. You can always say Balestier also record $1800psf but they are mostly pathetic MM units ranging from 400sf to 750sf, same as those in Jurong and other ulu areas. I hope u got my point.

Then again you must evaluate not all D9 condos are selling at more than $4000psf. There are still a handful selling at below $2000psf for your info. It all depends on what type of condo, where in D9 its location, and what are the furnishes like...same as D15, some can be sold at $1200psf while some can even be close to $3000psf.

But the interesting part of D15 is that some of the condos that record above $2000psf are not MM units but big jumbo units like 4 bedroom (Aalto, Meyerise, Silversea). Its tough to sell big units at big psf. You can always say Balestier also record $1800psf but they are mostly pathetic MM units ranging from 400sf to 750sf, same as those in Jurong and other ulu areas. I hope u got my point.
    I am sure in your script, you would like to sell the idea that D15 is the only district where property prices are rising and prices of property in other districts are stagnated..

Why do you want to kid yourself?

If you wish to compare the highest price in D15, then you should jolly well compare highest price in other district too.