Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shelford Suites (D11, Freehold, CDL)

Let's Spoil The Forum Guest

Default Re: D.11 Shelford Suites @ Shelford Road. Launching Soon! (+65-92993342)

Macquarie Global Property unveils plans for Marina View land parcels

By Rachel Kelly, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 18 March 2008 2157 hrs

SINGAPORE : Macquarie Global Property Advisors (MGPA) says it expects office rentals in Singapore to remain hot, jumping by 10 to 25 percent this year.

The Australian private equity real estate fund management firm is converting two plots of land at Marina View into twin office blocks. The two towers, expected to be completed in 2012, will also house a luxury five-star hotel.

These land parcels drew top dollars from Macquarie Global Property last year. Costing a total of S$3 billion, the sites will soon enjoy a S$5 billion makeover.

Site B, which Macquarie won last December for just under S$953 million, and Site A, for S$2 billion in September - are both on a 99-year lease.

Formerly known as Marina View Parcels A and B, the two-hectare site will be transformed into twin luxury office buildings, one of which will also house a 220-room five-star hotel.

Macquarie expects to announce in the next 3 to 4 months who they will be working with on the hotel.

It says the towers, due to be completed between 2011 and 2012, are well-timed to catch the growing demand for office space.

Simon Treacy, CEO, Asia Investments, MGPA, said: "I think around Asia, we are extremely busy - we see good value emerging around the region. In Singapore, we also think that there will be increased demand in the office sector - rents are likely to grow 10 to 25 percent this year.

"I think over the medium term, people will be surprised because they've underestimated the demand in Singapore for modern international grade office space.

"And we've seen that in Japan for 2003 and this year in Hong Kong. And, I think it's a reflection of the solid economy of Singapore and the ongoing growth in a lot of the financial service sectors and wealth management in particular."

The towers will be more than 40 storeys high and designed by Australian architect Denton Corker Marshall, who also designed the Melbourne Museum and the Australian Embassy in Beijing.

About 60 percent of both buildings will be set aside for office use: Tower A will house 130,000 square metres, and Tower B, 113,580 square metres.

Besides this project, Macquarie Global Property says it is looking out for other bargains.

Mr Treacy said: "I think over the last two years, a lot of investors have probably overlooked and undervalued Southeast Asia. I think now people are seeing very good fundamentals down here, and I think our timing was very good in making a number of acquisitions. We still think there is a very good value in buying... over the next 6-9 months."

Office rentals in Singapore have been surging because of growing demand and a lack of supply. But more office space is expected to enter the market.

The government is targeting to double office space in the Central Business District to an estimated 2.82 million square metres. - CNA/ch

Let's Spoil The Forum Guest

Default Re: D.11 Shelford Suites @ Shelford Road. Launching Soon! (+65-92993342)

MGPA says S'pore office demand underestimated

Republic on new curve and will take capital market share from Tokyo, HK

By KALPANA RASHIWALA

MACQUARIE Global Property Advisors (MGPA), which has invested about $4.5 billion in Singapore real estate in the past 18 months, is optimistic about market prospects and reckons demand for office space is underestimated.

'Singapore is a primary market and we like it,' chief executive (Asia investments) Simon Treacy told BT in a recent interview. 'We're looking to invest in all sectors - residential, office, retail.'

Mr Treacy does not share the concern in some quarters that Singapore may face an over-supply of office space post-2010 because of the completion of several major projects.

'You can't look at the future of Singapore by looking at the rear-vision mirror,' he says. 'Singapore has moved into a different gear. It's got a more robust economic platform and there are new demand drivers that this market hasn't seen before.

'Wealth creation is one of those sectors that will continue to flourish very quickly. Even if Singapore picks up 10 per cent of Switzerland's wealth industry, there will be very significant growth in the size of the sector in Singapore.'

Another reason the office market will continue to experience strong take-up is that 'Singapore's capital markets will grow more than what could be expected by looking at previous trend lines', Mr Treacy says.

'It's now on a new curve. I think Singapore is going to take market share (in the capital markets) from Tokyo, Hong Kong.

'I see Singapore as being almost the jewel in the Asian crown at the moment. We like the corporate governance, the shifting of gear over the past couple of years to really make Singapore operate at a very different level.'

MGPA-managed funds were the biggest real estate investors in Singapore last year. Their acquisitions here to date include two land parcels at Marina View bought at Urban Redevelopment Authority land sales, 8 Shenton Way (formerly known as Temasek Tower), 12 floors of Springleaf Tower, which MGPA has since sold for a handsome gain, units at 8 Napier condo near the Botanic Gardens, and the Cascadia development in Bukit Timah.

Mr Treacy notes that prime-grade Singapore office rents are expected to appreciate between 10 and 25 per cent this year after last year's 80-90 per cent hike.

'I think businesses this year will be more careful over their decisions, but over the medium term, the average rent and take-up will be stronger and there will be ongoing rental growth in this market,' he says.

'It's important to point out that the sectors that are growing in Singapore are those that require international-grade office space and environments to attract the quality people, particularly expatriates, who are going to be required to fuel the growth in this economy.'

On prospects for the Singapore residential sector, he says: 'It's going through an interesting growth phase because there's a strong influx of expatriates. We've also got a lot of Singaporeans returning to live and work in the country. And you've got a generally positive workforce that's wanting to get ahead and move upstream. Affordability still seems to be in check. So fundamentally, the outlook is still quite solid.'

As for MGPA's likely target investments in the housing sector, Mr Treacy says: 'We target sweet spots. That might change over time, but we certainly see good demand for top-end, best-of-class residential. We also see demand at the top end of the mass market like Cascadia. Again, it's all about location, location, location.'

He acknowledges the current sub-prime jitters but views these as 'disruptions that will bring opportunities', saying: 'We think the economies that are well thought-through, and with good governance, will be the ones that will float through to the top quickest.'

Viewing Asia as the world's economic growth engine, MGPA particularly likes Singapore and Hong Kong for their transparency, maturity and growing capital markets.

MGPA is a private equity real estate fund management company that is 49 per cent owned by Macquarie Bank of Australia and 51 per cent owned by MGPA senior management including Mr Treacy. It has more than US$10 billion of assets under management and operations in Asia and Europe.

Overall, MGPA's leverage on a regional basis is 'quite conservative' at about 60 per cent.

On Marina View land parcels A & B in Singapore, Mr Treacy says there are no current plans to team up with joint-venture partners to develop them. Both plots have minimum stipulated office components and plot B also has a minimum hotel component.

'We've closed the purchase of the sites with debt from banks, including major Singaporean banks,' he says.

8 Shenton Way is being spruced up in phases to create more retail space and a new drop-off area, as well as upgrades to the lobby and entrance to Tanjong Pagar MRT Station.

'It's a long-term investment,' Mr Treacy says when asked if MGPA plans to sell the asset.

Asked whether MGPA has reached its allocation limit for Singapore real estate, he says: 'We have lots of allocation for the right investments'.

Unregistered Guest

you 2 idiots, post your news in the general section

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    you 2 idiots, post your news in the general section
    administrator, please do something to these news

richardsng era Guest

Exquisite & located conveniently in Prime Area Bukit Timah & Dunearn Road. Minutes drive or bus ride to Orchard & Scotts Road.

Details: 3 blocks of 5-storey low rise condominium development

Total Units: 77 units

Tenure: Freehold

Unit Types:
    2 Bdrm - 893 sqft (6 units)
    3 Bdrm - 1227~1636 sqft (64 units)
    4 Bdrm Penthouse - 2754~4110 sqft (6 units)
    3 Bdrm Penthouse - 3583 sqm (1 unit)

Expected Date of TOP: TBA

Price: TBA

Facilities:
    Guard House
    Water Feature
    Arrival Plaza
    Foot Reflexology Walk
    Fitness Area
    Children Playground
    Clubhouse (Function Room, Gymnasium, Lounge, Changing Rooms with Steam Rooms)
    Garden Plaza
    Children's Pool
    Lap Pool
    Pool Deck
    Sun Deck
    BBQ Terrace
    Water Cascade
    Spa Pool
    Relaxation Plaza
    Manicured Lawn Garden

Richard Sng
    ERA Singapore
    HP: +65-92993342
    Email: [email protected]
    Home Page: http://www.homes88.net
    My Space: http://richardsng-era.spaces.live.com

Very Keen Guest

Quote Originally Posted by richardsng_era
    Exquisite & located conveniently in Prime Area Bukit Timah & Dunearn Road. Minutes drive or bus ride to Orchard & Scotts Road.

Details: 3 blocks of 5-storey low rise condominium development

Total Units: 77 units

Tenure: Freehold

Unit Types:
    2 Bdrm - 893 sqft (6 units)
    3 Bdrm - 1227~1636 sqft (64 units)
    4 Bdrm Penthouse - 2754~4110 sqft (6 units)
    3 Bdrm Penthouse - 3583 sqm (1 unit)

Expected Date of TOP: TBA

Price: TBA

Facilities:
    Guard House
    Water Feature
    Arrival Plaza
    Foot Reflexology Walk
    Fitness Area
    Children Playground
    Clubhouse (Function Room, Gymnasium, Lounge, Changing Rooms with Steam Rooms)
    Garden Plaza
    Children's Pool
    Lap Pool
    Pool Deck
    Sun Deck
    BBQ Terrace
    Water Cascade
    Spa Pool
    Relaxation Plaza
    Manicured Lawn Garden

Richard Sng
    ERA Singapore
    HP: +65-92993342
    Email: [email protected]
    Home Page: http://www.homes88.net
    My Space: http://richardsng-era.spaces.live.com
    What is the average psf?

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Very Keen
    What is the average psf?
    I guess should be @1800psf & above.

Unregistered Guest

still can get this price or not ,,,so ex !!!

Jardin has already having a very hard time selling at this rocket psf !!!

Unregistered Guest

Talking Re: D.11 Shelford Suites @ Shelford Road. Launching Soon! (+65-92993342)

still can get this price or not ,,,so ex !!!

Jardin has already having a very hard time selling at this rocket psf !!!
    Jardin is in dist 21 & not consider prime Dist but Shelford Suites is in Prime Dist 11.If Jardin can be sold @ 1800psf then Shelford Suites in Prime Dist 11 should be selling at least 2000psf.Moreover,the walking distance from the Shelford Suites to the botanic MRT station is only 8 minutes away.For Jardin is not eaily accessible to any MRT station or not MRT station near the vincinty at aii. Remeber property value is all about location,location or dist 9,10,11.

Unregistered Guest

Jardin is in dist 21 & not consider prime Dist but Shelford Suites is in Prime Dist 11.If Jardin can be sold @ 1800psf then Shelford Suites in Prime Dist 11 should be selling at least 2000psf.Moreover,the walking distance from the Shelford Suites to the botanic MRT station is only 8 minutes away.For Jardin is not eaily accessible to any MRT station or not MRT station near the vincinty at aii. Remeber property value is all about location,location or dist 9,10,11.
    Yes, Jardin shouldn't be brought into the picture.

Unregistered Guest

it should be below $1500 after discount. It delayed to launch almost 5 months. Let's see when it will "really" launch.

Unregistered Guest

it should be below $1500 after discount. It delayed to launch almost 5 months. Let's see when it will "really" launch.
    Are you referring to US$1500psf ?

Unregistered Guest

It delayed to launch because developer is unwilling to lower the price of this prime dist 11 project ?

Unregistered Guest

Are you referring to US$1500psf ?
    No, Euro.

so wats the psf now?

paperplate Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jaded
    so wats the psf now?
    ST classifieds indicating relaunch from 1550psf up...

Personally, I think Shelford area only worth $1300psf now as it is still located at the fringe of D11. I think there are many better buy for eg. Park Infinia located in better prime D11 at around 1300-1400psf now which is close to Newton MRT...

However, if you fancy Shelford area, try to get a big unit or penthouse..It is more sellable over that area compared to 1/2 bedrooms. Resale price diff is about 10-20% between big and small units. Maybe it is due to good schools nearby.

get your facts right Guest

Quote Originally Posted by paperplate
    ST classifieds indicating relaunch from 1550psf up...

Personally, I think Shelford area only worth $1300psf now as it is still located at the fringe of D11. I think there are many better buy for eg. Park Infinia located in better prime D11 at around 1300-1400psf now which is close to Newton MRT...

However, if you fancy Shelford area, try to get a big unit or penthouse..It is more sellable over that area compared to 1/2 bedrooms. Resale price diff is about 10-20% between big and small units. Maybe it is due to good schools nearby.
    Shelford is NOT, and I repeat NOT at the fringe of D11.

Shelford is located right smack in the middle of D11 Bukit Timah, just opposite D10 Coronation and Duchess area.

If you want to talk about fringe, then Swiss Club Road will be the fringe of D11 bordering D21.

Newton and Novena may be classified under D11, but in the past, when people talked about D10/11 prime property they were usually talking about the Bukit Timah/Dunearn/Stevens/Whitley/Trevose/Duchess/Shelford/Watten/Sixth Ave stretch. These were usually landed houses where the upper class lived, including several Mnisters, property magnate Mr Ng, banking tycoon Mr Wee, and the various prominent Tans, Lees and Lims. It was absolutely not a coincidence that all the elite schools were located here in D10/11 Bukit Timah as well.

It was only recently that Newton and Novena gained recognition as a "prime" D11 area, with condo-living becoming popular. In the past Newton and Novena was all ulu land prone to flooding (and thus rendered uninhabitable), before they expanded the canal to accomodate the floodwaters.

If you can match the old postal codes to the current locations, you may be able to better understand what Bukit Timah is all about. 1026, 1027, 1128, 1129, 1130. You know where 1130 is? Newton/Novena, which will be the nearest to District 12 Moulmein and Balestier.

1128 is the Swiss Club stretch down to Shelford. 1129 covers Adam, University Rd, Trevose Crescent, Whitley, Swiss Cottage. 1130 starts from Goldhill, Chancery onwards past Barker Rd to Newton/Novena....traditionally not a very prime area as it is close to the slums of KK Hospital, Moulmein, and Balestier.

Why did they zone it like that? It is obvious that 1128 is a continuation of 1027. Imagine you go up Bukit Timah to the Sixth Avenue entrance, past Tan Chong Motor then immediately make a U-Turn back across the canal along Dunearn Road at Swiss Club Rd, then down past Eng Neo, Hillcrest, NJC, Watten, then you enter the 1129 realm of Trevose and Whitley. This was the traditional prime stomping ground of the old upper and upper middle class.

You do not know what Prime is, my friend. Prime is not several generic tall glass buildings squeezed together like HDB blocks.

If you don't know what you are talking about then do us all a favour, shut up, and stop displaying your ignorance here.

BTW, "close to MRT" has never been a criteria for the people who can afford prime properties. So what if Newton/Novena has an MRT? That area is a glorified HDB estate, in my book.

get your facts right! Guest

Typo: I forgot postal district 1025, one of the classic Bukit Timah neighbourhoods of the Balmoral stretching to Stevens Road area.

paperplate Guest

I admit I am not technically competent in district zoning....but I beg to differ...We should focus more on the type of properties are are talking about..I am refering to Condo/apt and not landed homes...And shelford suites is condo/apt...So you must compare apples with apples..

I could be wrong mentioning shelford area located on the fringe of D11. However, don't u think Shelford area is too close to Nexus, sterling etc which is under D21? Moreover, property value are getting more and more detached from district zoning nowadays. Many unpopular districts in the past for eg D8 are gaining their popularity due to IRs. I would generally comment that condo/apt projects nearer to amenities and public transport have a better appeal to the public now.

Most condo are bot for rental investment..u don't expect mid end expats with housing allowance of less den 5k to have car allowance. Of course if you are talking about landed properties, people generally are talking about eclusiveness and prestige whereas public transport is considered less impt. By the way, Shelford suites is condo/apartments and not landed...If u notice, marketing agts for shelford suites are using the future botanic gardens MRT as one of their selling points now. By the way, last time SG do not have MRT. Not to mentioned about projects like Citylights beside Lavender MRT which is nested in the smack of old HDB estates..but who really cares about it now...Their price have almost doubled since their initial launch and their rental yield is above 6%. It is like we are arguing over Freehold vs 99leasehold...Last time, people feels that 99leasehold is considered inferior...but now some argue location, rental yield is more important than anything else etc...Oh by the way, last time we do not have condo/apts...we only have landed and HDB housing...

Majority of what u mentioned is already a thing in the past. For eg. last time Katong area is the best prime area in D15 as its near to the seaside, but unfortunately govt reclaimed tanjong rhu, meyer road and results properties especially along meyer road to become the most expensive pte housing in D15 now. Meyer road area also can be considered as 'glorified HDB estate' according to ur dictionary...

I can also argue that last time properties in sentosa is very cheap...Who will want to stay there last time...but what happens now?

Novena is slated to become a medical hub...Well u can argue that it is a bad thing to be close to medical centres...but why? Can i say u r just being overly superstitious? I agree that most chinese don't like their homes to be close to hospitals etc...but do western expats and other races really care? From what I know, they actually find it a plus point to be located near to medical hub.

What I posted earlier is purely based on my personal opinions...I believe a condo/pte property value has to go according with the rental yield...I seriously do not think that shelford suites rental yield can justify for its pricing. Again, if you are talking about landed homes, it is very different as their value does not go according to rental yield..Most landed properties have a very miserable rental yield of 2%, but their values still appreciating.

Moreover, I think now is a better time to snatch some fire-sale subsale/resale units rather than buying direct from developers. Well again u can also argue that we should keep our hot cash in the banks and hoping the prices to drop furthermore etc..

Times have changed.....

are you fatbastardx? Guest

Quote Originally Posted by get your facts right
    Shelford is NOT, and I repeat NOT at the fringe of D11.

Shelford is located right smack in the middle of D11 Bukit Timah, just opposite D10 Coronation and Duchess area.

If you want to talk about fringe, then Swiss Club Road will be the fringe of D11 bordering D21.

Newton and Novena may be classified under D11, but in the past, when people talked about D10/11 prime property they were usually talking about the Bukit Timah/Dunearn/Stevens/Whitley/Trevose/Duchess/Shelford/Watten/Sixth Ave stretch. These were usually landed houses where the upper class lived, including several Mnisters, property magnate Mr Ng, banking tycoon Mr Wee, and the various prominent Tans, Lees and Lims. It was absolutely not a coincidence that all the elite schools were located here in D10/11 Bukit Timah as well.

It was only recently that Newton and Novena gained recognition as a "prime" D11 area, with condo-living becoming popular. In the past Newton and Novena was all ulu land prone to flooding (and thus rendered uninhabitable), before they expanded the canal to accomodate the floodwaters.

If you can match the old postal codes to the current locations, you may be able to better understand what Bukit Timah is all about. 1026, 1027, 1128, 1129, 1130. You know where 1130 is? Newton/Novena, which will be the nearest to District 12 Moulmein and Balestier.

1128 is the Swiss Club stretch down to Shelford. 1129 covers Adam, University Rd, Trevose Crescent, Whitley, Swiss Cottage. 1130 starts from Goldhill, Chancery onwards past Barker Rd to Newton/Novena....traditionally not a very prime area as it is close to the slums of KK Hospital, Moulmein, and Balestier.

Why did they zone it like that? It is obvious that 1128 is a continuation of 1027. Imagine you go up Bukit Timah to the Sixth Avenue entrance, past Tan Chong Motor then immediately make a U-Turn back across the canal along Dunearn Road at Swiss Club Rd, then down past Eng Neo, Hillcrest, NJC, Watten, then you enter the 1129 realm of Trevose and Whitley. This was the traditional prime stomping ground of the old upper and upper middle class.

You do not know what Prime is, my friend. Prime is not several generic tall glass buildings squeezed together like HDB blocks.

If you don't know what you are talking about then do us all a favour, shut up, and stop displaying your ignorance here.
    you must be fatbastardx... from the way you write. i recall some time back fatbastardx was singing the praises of newton/novena area and even encouraged that Park Infinia is a good buy (if i recall correctly, 3 of your friends grabbed a unit each at PI). well, now he has decided the area is a glorified hdb heartland.

Fair statement... Guest

Just called up CBRE to check on Shelford Suite. Average PSF: 1600. 5 Storey tall building. I passed by that place last month for another project's viewing over there, very exclusive and strategic hill-top area, problem is not sure whether current market sentiment is timely for me to enter...

Just wish to share about shelford area. It is a prime and established residential area, definitely no those fringe estates. In terms of convenience and amenities, there is a small lane that brings you to main junction i think several top primary schools are within 1km range, while HwaChong and Nanyang are also not far away. Coronation plaza and serene center are just across the BT road. Botanic garden mrt is just diagonally across and I understand that DTL will be stopping at BG mrt as well. Adam food center is just directly east facing...

On the other hand, I think Newton area is definitely prime, but not so sure about Novena. Novena is very convenient but a bit too close to TTSH, while some properties lie in balestiar area also claimed that they belongs to Novena...sigh

shelford is a nice area Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Fair statement...
    Just called up CBRE to check on Shelford Suite. Average PSF: 1600. 5 Storey tall building. I passed by that place last month for another project's viewing over there, very exclusive and strategic hill-top area, problem is not sure whether current market sentiment is timely for me to enter...

Just wish to share about shelford area. It is a prime and established residential area, definitely no those fringe estates. In terms of convenience and amenities, there is a small lane that brings you to main junction i think several top primary schools are within 1km range, while HwaChong and Nanyang are also not far away. Coronation plaza and serene center are just across the BT road. Botanic garden mrt is just diagonally across and I understand that DTL will be stopping at BG mrt as well. Adam food center is just directly east facing...

On the other hand, I think Newton area is definitely prime, but not so sure about Novena. Novena is very convenient but a bit too close to TTSH, while some properties lie in balestiar area also claimed that they belongs to Novena...sigh
    the shelford area is actually very serene and especially at the top, very windy. for those devts at the top, they actually have a lovely panaromic view. if not for that side path to the main road, i really pity the residents who need to trudge up the long steep path to get home.

my main grouse though is that i need to travel quite some distance at bukit timah road just to make the u-turn to get into shelford road if i am on the wrong side of the road. otherwise, shelford's a very lovely place.

Toh Yi niah... Guest

Quote Originally Posted by shelford is a nice area
    the shelford area is actually very serene and especially at the top, very windy. for those devts at the top, they actually have a lovely panaromic view. if not for that side path to the main road, i really pity the residents who need to trudge up the long steep path to get home.

my main grouse though is that i need to travel quite some distance at bukit timah road just to make the u-turn to get into shelford road if i am on the wrong side of the road. otherwise, shelford's a very lovely place.
    Used to give tuition at Shelford road. That place got lots of angmos and koreans, hilltop, quite upclass and serene. The path is ok lah, not too long (~100m) and not too steep, some more got stairs, but really a shortcut to main road. Thought that I can own a unit there, unfortunately still staying at Toh Yi HDB...:-(

Quote Originally Posted by paperplate
    I could be wrong mentioning shelford area located on the fringe of D11. However, don't u think Shelford area is too close to Nexus, sterling etc which is under D21?
    That is bullcrap. Are you stupid or what?

How the hell is the Shelford area near Nexus and Sterling?

Look at this map:

Are you next going to tell us that Queen Astrid Park, Sixth Avenue, Namly Avenue, etc are also located at the fringe of D10 near D21??

Quote Originally Posted by are you fatbastardx?
    you must be fatbastardx... from the way you write. i recall some time back fatbastardx was singing the praises of newton/novena area and even encouraged that Park Infinia is a good buy (if i recall correctly, 3 of your friends grabbed a unit each at PI). well, now he has decided the area is a glorified hdb heartland.
    I dunno what fat shit bastard you're talking about. And you know what? A while back Newton and Novena WERE value for money good buys. That was, as you have correctly noted, SOME TIME BACK.

Most people who bought that Newton/Novena area SOME TIME BACK have already sold at sky high prices and have already laughed all the way to their banks several times over.

Tell me, would you pay that kind of money NOW at CURRENT market prices for that area?

Quote Originally Posted by shelford is a nice area
    if not for that side path to the main road, i really pity the residents who need to trudge up the long steep path to get home.
    The Shelford: no need to walk all the way in along the Shelford Road to enter the condo. Access is by Dunearn Road, as the estate covers the entire area stretching from Dunearn Rd all the way into SHelford Rd.

Shelford Suites: you WILL DEFINITELY have to walk 10 minutes in from Dunearn Road.

Lastly, most residents here have cars, except for the maids. So if you do not want to be mistaken as a maid or a low-end foreign talent, PLEASE BUY A NICE CAR for transport. Otherwise you can go stay in Newton or NOvena since you love MRT so much.

paperplate Guest

I dunno what fat shit bastard you're talking about. And you know what? A while back Newton and Novena WERE value for money good buys. That was, as you have correctly noted, SOME TIME BACK.

Most people who bought that Newton/Novena area SOME TIME BACK have already sold at sky high prices and have already laughed all the way to their banks several times over.

Tell me, would you pay that kind of money NOW at CURRENT market prices for that area?
    Nobody is stopping u to buy shelford suites

Passing by Guest

Talking

[QUOTE=paperplate] However, don't u think Shelford area is too close to Nexus, sterling etc which is under D21? QUOTE]

Can tell that you do not know Bt Timah very well....Try jog to and fro bet. Shelford and Nexus frequently, can soon get 400 from IPPT

19 shelford Guest

The Shelford: no need to walk all the way in along the Shelford Road to enter the condo. Access is by Dunearn Road, as the estate covers the entire area stretching from Dunearn Rd all the way into SHelford Rd.

Shelford Suites: you WILL DEFINITELY have to walk 10 minutes in from Dunearn Road.

Lastly, most residents here have cars, except for the maids. So if you do not want to be mistaken as a maid or a low-end foreign talent, PLEASE BUY A NICE CAR for transport. Otherwise you can go stay in Newton or NOvena since you love MRT so much.
    Not really, i walk to dunearn road in 3 min from the small lane at the end of Shelford Road...very convenient. Not to mention that MRT station will be ready in 1-2 years' time. No doubt that shelford is a nice and convenient place.