Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Medge (D11, Freehold, Macly)

ryan Guest

Default Medge (D11, Freehold, Macly)

This one was a fast seller..

ryan Guest

Default Re: Medge (D11, Freehold, Macly)

Located at Minbu Road, just at the border of D11 and D12 (Martaban Road). 44 units sold out within one month for $670 psf to $800 psf. TOP in 4th quarter 2007.

Intrepid Explorer 2.0 Guest

Default Re: Medge (D11, Freehold, Macly)

ryan, it has grown a lot since then

HI all experts
    Is this project worth 1.5k psf for a MM unit at current price? To buy and rent out purposes. Thanks for advices

Quote Originally Posted by kawaiing
    HI all experts
    Is this project worth 1.5k psf for a MM unit at current price? To buy and rent out purposes. Thanks for advices
    1.5kpsf....if its high flr den ok becoz the MM high flr commands pretty gd view....rental i believe can fetch 2.5-2.8k

however, i must say the pool looks like longkang

HI all experts
    463sf x 1500psf = 694,500

Good buy

its 614spf x 1465=900k, level 2, nice unit layout and nice renovation.

its 614spf x 1465=900k, level 2, nice unit layout and nice renovation.
    u mean this one? not much reno wor....
    http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...sale-the-medge

its actually a 1bedder rite? gd for own consumption but bad for rental yield wor...900k pretty large quantum....

i rather u pay 900k for a 1bedder at montebleu with full condo facilities
    http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...sale-montebleu

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    u mean this one? not much reno wor....
    http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...sale-the-medge

its actually a 1bedder rite? gd for own consumption but bad for rental yield wor...900k pretty large quantum....

i rather u pay 900k for a 1bedder at montebleu with full condo facilities
    http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...sale-montebleu
    Ya this the one, its one plus one, the study room is not that small, but one thing is level 2 worry not easy to sell if cannot rent out, i staying at montebleu now, just feel that the 1bedder the balcony take up too big area. Thanks for the advices

Ya this the one, its one plus one, the study room is not that small, but one thing is level 2 worry not easy to sell if cannot rent out, i staying at montebleu now, just feel that the 1bedder the balcony take up too big area. Thanks for the advices
    welcome....hows ur stay at montebleu so far?

if same quantum...go for montebleu anytime.....1bedder can fetch a couple of hundred more den medge 1+study definitely....and montebleu's pool definitely looks more decent

welcome....hows ur stay at montebleu so far?

if same quantum...go for montebleu anytime.....1bedder can fetch a couple of hundred more den medge 1+study definitely....and montebleu's pool definitely looks more decent
    Montebleu is good for me, most people are tenants here so carpark always 1/3 so no issue to find a lot, only thing is maintainance fee i think abit too high, and expected to be more after june this place hand over from developer and sure got those sinking fund added like P11.

Montebleu is good for me, most people are tenants here so carpark always 1/3 so no issue to find a lot, only thing is maintainance fee i think abit too high, and expected to be more after june this place hand over from developer and sure got those sinking fund added like P11.
    expected lor...151units and yet full condo facilities....ya,,,sinking fund is the killer...

my current plc from about $160(TOP) increased to $210 and now $260.....

expected lor...151units and yet full condo facilities....ya,,,sinking fund is the killer...

mine now is $385... dunno how much will add... xian..

2 bedders or 3 bedders?

Quote Originally Posted by melodies
    2 bedders or 3 bedders?
    3bedders unit

no leh, even places like caribbean with 1000 units also went from 3xx when TOP to 5xx now for 3 bedder.

Low overhanging beams is a no-no and turn off personally... bad fengshui also.

1000 units still want to collect $5xx pm? So ex? I thought only those exclusive estates with 200+ units then need $5xx pm?

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    no leh, even places like caribbean with 1000 units also went from 3xx when TOP to 5xx now for 3 bedder.

you'd be surprised. many condo maintenance fees are going up, investors need to take this into account too.

as for caribbean, yeah...so ex! i have quite a few friends staying there, all lamenting this ever increasing fee. even the new owners who bought the previously tenanted units sold by keppel last year, start off already $500.

Quote Originally Posted by melodies
    1000 units still want to collect $5xx pm? So ex? I thought only those exclusive estates with 200+ units then need $5xx pm?

you'd be surprised. many condo maintenance fees are going up, investors need to take this into account too.

as for caribbean, yeah...so ex! i have quite a few friends staying there, all lamenting this ever increasing fee. even the new owners who bought the previously tenanted units sold by keppel last year, start off already $500.
    paying $250 at carabelle for a 3 bedder. but we have 338 units here. so, why so expensive at Caribbean?

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    paying $250 at carabelle for a 3 bedder. but we have 338 units here. so, why so expensive at Caribbean?
    quite reasonable if it oredi includes sinking fund

quite reasonable if it oredi includes sinking fund
    sinking fund is included. total bill including sinking fund contribution is $252 per month.

beats me why ours is so low. understand that monthly fee at botannia is more than $300 per month for 7 shares.
    Last edited by stalingrad; 05-04-11 at 18:23.

Doesn't the monthy fee typically rise after the developer handover the maintenance?

has developer handed over the maintenence yet? 250 is before or after GST? these days 7% (heard it will be 9% after elections), can be significant.

i m not sure why for carribean, maybe becoz their "Waterways" r harder clean? LOL.

but we can be sure, the more "gimmicks" a new condo project has, the higher will be the maintainence in future and it will be RISING!

has developer handed over the maintenence yet? 250 is before or after GST? these days 7% (heard it will be 9% after elections), can be significant.

i m not sure why for carribean, maybe becoz their "Waterways" r harder clean? LOL.

but we can be sure, the more "gimmicks" a new condo project has, the higher will be the maintainence in future and it will be RISING!

yes, this is the rate set set the first resident AGM, after the developer pulled out. we don't pay GST because carabelle is not GST registered. we may become GST registered if total monthly bills in the future goes above $1 million.

I am not sure whether our bills will rise in the future. but so far, two years after TOP, the bills are probably one of the lowest in SG.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Correction: it is total annual ( NOT mthly) collection above $1m !
    Govt surely love those big many units condo estate because they sure have to pay 7% GST! (Paying higher GST is just a matter of time!)
    Why pay GST for nothing?

yes, this is the rate set set the first resident AGM, after the developer pulled out. we don't pay GST because carabelle is not GST registered. we may become GST registered if total monthly bills in the future goes above $1 million.

I am not sure whether our bills will rise in the future. but so far, two years after TOP, the bills are probably one of the lowest in SG.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Very sorry to hear that you will be paying GST for your condo maintenance soon!
    338 units x $252 x 12 mths = $1.022m !
    Because out of 338 units, some are smaller (while a small number are bigger), so total collection a year for your crabelle probably just slightly under $1m!

That is I say, always go for those <200 units condo! That will give you allowance for maintenance fund up to $450 pm before you need to pay GST! (Obviously, even less number is better!)

sinking fund is included. total bill including sinking fund contribution is $252 per month.

beats me why ours is so low. understand that monthly fee at botannia is more than $300 per month for 7 shares.
    Don't be too happy yet... The mcst might be miscalculating the needs PCMCIA condo, in two years time, when cyclical repair and repalcement works comes, they will askmfor special levy... For a com do ofmyour size, pairing works alone will be about 600k...

Quote Originally Posted by CCR
    Don't be too happy yet... The mcst might be miscalculating the needs PCMCIA condo, in two years time, when cyclical repair and repalcement works comes, they will askmfor special levy... For a com do ofmyour size, pairing works alone will be about 600k...
    Thats why I reiterate - small is beautiful! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Very sorry to hear that you will be paying GST for your condo maintenance soon!
    338 units x $252 x 12 mths = $1.022m !
    Because out of 338 units, some are smaller (while a small number are bigger), so total collection a year for your crabelle probably just slightly under $1m!

That is I say, always go for those <200 units condo! That will give you allowance for maintenance fund up to $450 pm before you need to pay GST! (Obviously, even less number is better!)
    that is true. in a few years, we will go over the 1 million hump, which will make us an involuntary GST registrant. but mind you that becoming a GST registrant is not all bad. We will be getting GST refund for operating costs. So the net effect is really negligible.

Thus, it is not true that small project is good. some small projects charge more than $600 per month in the west coast area. they don't have economies of scale.