Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Medge (D11, Freehold, Macly)

Small developments under 50units are rarely good. Can't hit economies of scale on the sinking fund accumulation. It's advantage is exclusivity, which may or may not come with privacy, depending on how close it is to tw neighbouring plots.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    Small developments under 50units are rarely good. Can't hit economies of scale on the sinking fund accumulation. It's advantage is exclusivity, which may or may not come with privacy, depending on how close it is to tw neighbouring plots.
    Actually, 'privacy' WITHIN the project is already godsend. Imagine no need to fight with others to use the pool or queue to use the gym nor fight for parking space (think 'The Sea View')... not to mention the lesser level of internal noise (children crying, dogs barking, tv, hifi, mahjong, karaoke etc)....

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    Actually, 'privacy' WITHIN the project is already godsend. Imagine no need to fight with others to use the pool or queue to use the gym nor fight for parking space (think 'The Sea View')... not to mention the lesser level of internal noise (children crying, dogs barking, tv, hifi, mahjong, karaoke etc)....
    in actual fact, MM boutique apts dun hf children at all....bcoz can only fit singles or couples...hehe....plenty of car lots too as mostly r tenanted out....

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    You probably have not lived in a large project. In my project, there are 338 units, but few use the large lap pool even on the weekend. The jacuzzi pool is unused most of the times. the gym has four treadmills, which are left unused most of the time. We are the only family using these facilities.

Singaporeans like to pay for facilities, but don't use them. they are too busy making money to have time for exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    You probably have not lived in a large project. In my project, there are 338 units, but few use the large lap pool even on the weekend. The jacuzzi pool is unused most of the times. the gym has four treadmills, which are left unused most of the time. We are the only family using these facilities.

Singaporeans like to pay for facilities, but don't use them. they are too busy making money to have time for exercise.
    So good. Where is this?

his carabelle

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    So good. Where is this?

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Why so large for what? To me, >200 units already too large! Too many people, like HDB estate or in fish market!
    Too small <80 units probably got economy of scale issue. 100-200 units just nice, not too large and not too small, maintenance fee just optimal with best privacy and communal space and facilities and car park space for holding parties.

Really?, I remember last CNY, my friend who is staying in the same project as you. I visited him on wkend, quite crowded the pool, maybe new then. Must ask my friend this weekend when i see him, if he is one of those subsidising your usage...

Yes you have a point too... I'm sure yours is no mass market project right?

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    quite reasonable if it oredi includes sinking fund
    The Caribbean's land area is huge at 900,000sqft. There's lots of garden areas, landscaping, a huge lagoon with a fountain that shoots water up (maybe) 10 meters high, 1 x 50m and 2x 25m pools, an enormous underground carpark, private lifts for every apartment...all very expensive to maintain.

Does anyone know the plot ratio? Would guess its 1.4x.

Quote Originally Posted by 8kenshin
    The Caribbean's land area is huge at 900,000sqft. There's lots of garden areas, landscaping, a huge lagoon with a fountain that shoots water up (maybe) 10 meters high, 1 x 50m and 2x 25m pools, an enormous underground carpark, private lifts for every apartment...all very expensive to maintain.

because the grounds are so large, shouldn't it have tremendous economies of scale? You need only two security guards for 1000 plus units or 5000 plus residents.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

But their number of units is also unprecedented in Singapore! Land huge but number of units even more huge! So should be cheaper as have economy scale right? But then so stupid, have to pay 7% GST on maintenance and sinking fund for nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by 8kenshin

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    But their number of units is also unprecedented in Singapore! Land huge but number of units even more huge! So should be cheaper as have economy scale right? But then so stupid, have to pay 7% GST on maintenance and sinking fund for nothing!
    Just pointing out why even with a lot of units why the maintainace will be high. That is a Shangri-la will cost more to maintain than a Fairmont hotel.

With low rise and private lifts, could be one lift for every 8 or so units oin average.

just realised the jan 14 cooling measures effect beginning to wear off!!!

u go check carribean......feb only 1 transaction.....but march quite alot!!!

last time i compared between caribeen and wb. i realised the maintenance is quite high in caribeen becoz they use a high-tech security system control thru server, maintenance goes into cleaning of the longkang in front of their unit too...

what a turn off