Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Private fund buys remaining 53 Grange Infinite units

Unregistered Guest

Default Re: Private fund buys remaining 53 Grange Infinite units

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    But resale HDB flat is old and more expensive leh.
    CV @ BK is still cheaper.
    Aiyah! Just buy condo lor.

Unregistered Guest

But resale HDB flat is old and more expensive leh.
    CV @ BK is still cheaper.
    Yes, it is cheaper by a whisker, but you may not get to live in it if IRAS goes after your neck.

How can a family whose income is below $8000 afford a $600k - $700k property? Similarly, when the char kuey teow seller wears a Rolex and drives a BMW, but pays income tax at the income level of $3,000 p.m., Uncle Sam would be fired if he does not go after the tax evader.

Everything is relative, as the Cantonese saying goes "if you don't have a big head, don't try to wear such a big hat!"

Unregistered Guest

Want to know why some buyers backed out of Boon Keng HDB?

The prices are equivalent to private condos, but buyers must not earn more than $8,000 -- HDB ruling.

So with such low income and yet can afford to pay more than half a million bucks?

Buy one and you have IRAS going after your necks.

With resale HDB, it is different -- no income ceiling.
    very sharp observation. other reason has to do with the racial ethnicity mix according to my very well informed source. Price and sentiment were side issues. Many keen buyers with income ceiling above 8K tried their luck and got their applications thrown out. Heard not enough Malay and Indian applicants

Unregistered Guest

Really pissed with all these speculators.
    Burn them to hell.
    SIBOR is going drop to 0.75% soon.
    Let these speculators get a taste of their own medicine.

Get ready for the action.
    When SIBOR hit 0.75%, there will be blood everywhere.
    Kill kill kill! Die die die!
    Ha ha ha!
    You mean those who speculates that SIBOR will go up?

Unregistered Guest

You mean those who speculates that SIBOR will go up?
    Yes!
    Die die die!

Unregistered Guest

Yes!
    Die die die!
    Why die?
    I speculate that SIBOR will drop some more.

Unregistered Guest

very sharp observation. other reason has to do with the racial ethnicity mix according to my very well informed source. Price and sentiment were side issues. Many keen buyers with income ceiling above 8K tried their luck and got their applications thrown out. Heard not enough Malay and Indian applicants
    Thanks for the compliments. I am aware of the race issue, but avoided it for its sensitivity.

The incident also reminded me of the German luxury car manufacturer trying to sell to Indonesia.

They were very successful selling their MBs in Singapore and thought that Indonesia, with its huge population, would buy more MBs. So the marketing people shipped a big lot to Indonesia, but three years later, these brand news MBs were rusting under the sun!

Unregistered Guest

Oh any comments on this observation from the expats forum? Seems a knowledgeable chap. Thanks buddy for educating us. I will delay my buying.

I Re: Apartment sales slowing?
    « Reply #389 on: 18 March 2008, 23:13:57 PM » Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote from: Kubes.SG on 18 March 2008, 23:04:49 PM

The reason I am looking for some rational data-based economic basis for why values will boom again soon in Singapore is because I get nothing but the following soft baseless reasons, that don't link to any meaningful data:

IRs are coming. Rich people will discover Singapore
    Singapore Flyer/Eye
    F1
    Youth Olympics
    Singapore Hub for everything
    Inflation is high and increasing in Singapore
    SGD is rising against USD
    India and China booming ecomony
    Singapore has limited land
    Population will increase to 6.5mln
    Financial/Media/Health Hub

My points are the following:

Singapore prime property is grossly overvalued, by historical and global standards - (don't look at the 1996 peak as the benchmark, look at the average of the last 20 years)

Singapore's property cycle is 1-2 years of boom, followed by 1-2 years of decline then 2-5 years of stagnation

About 30,000 new prime properties are booked to be completed by 2010, exceeding demand

Possibly 50% of those were purchased by investors/speculators, many though DPS

DPS entirely skewed the market by allowing speculators/developers/realtors to rapidly pump-up prices with very small financial commitment (2%-20%)

Many of the speculators never planned to own the apartments they bought, but to flip them quickly

With negagitve equity and being highly leverage speculators will be under massive stress. Some will walk, some will sell. Further reducing market prices and sentiment.

Singapore's leadership are publicly bearish on the prime property market declaring prices will decline

Sales of prime properties have collapsed over the in Jan and Feb to the lowest levels in 5 years (BT and ST this week)

Market sentiment is at panic levels. External negative economic pressures and credit crunch is underway now in all developed economies - strong and weak. These will impact Singapore too.

Asia has not "de-coupled" its economies from the US or WE. Singapore's exports indirectly still go mainly to the US. Consumption is till very low in Chinda. With recession in the US the reduced demand will still hit Singapre. Chinda owe Singapore nothing.

Singapore's 2007Q4 GDP shrank 4.8% I fully expect that the SG.gov is currently pumping the local economy hard to avoid a technical recession.

Singapore's productivity rates in 2007 declined by 0.9% - the greatest decline on record

Latest population target is 5.5mln by 2040, or about 10,000 HH per year.

Given current mix that means about 2,000 prime properties required per year

Jobs growth is good, but it is largely at the lowest levels. In coming workers will not be able to live in prime property. Many incoming professionals will not be able to afford prime property rentals without correction

Adam Smith's invisible hand of capitalism will play an influencing role in equalizing the balance

Unregistered Guest

Oh any comments on this observation from the expats forum? Seems a knowledgeable chap. Thanks buddy for educating us. I will delay my buying.

all these are pure rubbish.
    Consider govt throw in all the infrastructure cost, almost $100Bil to re-make Spore, all these are to appreciate your property in long term.
    Plus all the high rental yield you are getting, low loan rate, high material cost, property is the best investment in long term in Spore.
    That guys in expat forum if he is not happy with the rental, go Jakarta or Bangkok & work tomorrow, we don't need such expat in Spore.
    Let his family worry of their security day & night, let their kids have that kind of education standard & system there, hygiene & environment of their water, air & pollution, medical care when they have illness, corruption govt when they want to have their permit or visa or tax done, language, transport convenience, global exposure, opportunity, advanced & modernised......
    ask him to leave & move on to these countries tomorrow.

Unregistered Guest

Consider govt throw in all the infrastructure cost, almost $100Bil to re-make Spore, all these are to appreciate your property in long term.
    Plus all the high rental yield you are getting, low loan rate, high material cost, property is the best investment in long term in Spore.
    That guys in expat forum if he is not happy with the rental, go Jakarta or Bangkok & work tomorrow, we don't need such expat in Spore.
    Let his family worry of their security day & night, let their kids have that kind of education standard & system there, hygiene & environment of their water, air & pollution, medical care when they have illness, corruption govt when they want to have their permit or visa or tax done, language, transport convenience, global exposure, opportunity, advanced & modernised......
    Plz be more kind.Soon he will have to stay here 'cos in SE Asia this is still the best and safest place for his family.It is cheaper in other countries but can he accept the trade offs.

Unregistered Guest

Its an eyeopener whoever he is. Raised several points and only time will tell. Let us be kind to him till we see what is down the road. Maybe he is right to some extent.
    Anyway I think I should delay my buying.

Unregistered Guest

dubai india better to invest property. just booming with oil and it. see what emirates airline is doing. buying all the big planes. europe to aus hub soon in dubai. the rich sheiks can talk man. they talk only dirhams. oil money can buy anything. kuwaiti fund walked out. ask why? more returns there now. realised that the hype was empty.

Unregistered Guest

Singapore Flyer (again!)
    « on: Today at 01:50:31 AM » Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I went on the Flyer today for the first time and really enjoyed it. No problem getting tickets for anyone else who is interested in going but has heard this rumour that it's all sold out until August - we just went down there this morning and bought them - no queue .
    HYPE HYPE HYPE!!!

Unregistered Guest

Re: Singapore Property Prices Increasing
    « Reply #28 on: Today at 12:05:06 AM » Quote

If we look at statistics we must also look between the lines. Not only maths and physic apply here, let's apply history also. If you think the price will increase, how much more will it rise? Of course we have to factor in inflation, we cant deny that. However, we are talking about cyclic pattern here where prices go up and down not when we buy a property 20 years ago for $100,000 and now worth $500,000 or even 40 years ago when we paid only $20,000. Remember 1996? Property prices rose as if there was no tomorrow. Then came the crash and the rest was history. People who paid a million for their condominiums found that they suffered a paper loss in a matter of few months. Even today, they are still licking their wound. During the financial crisis, many lost their jobs and could not even afford to pay their maintenance fee and downgraded to HDB. Even HDB owners found the value of their homes dropped more than 30%. I have been looking for a replacement unit for the past year and knew the ground well. For the past three months, there were only 2 or 3 viewers compared to about 10 last June. For some properties, which I will not name, there is not a single viewer. Newly launched projects are only half taken up compared to last year when all units were sold as soon as they were launched. I have to add that most buyers are speculators then. I know of 1 project which was sold out as soon as it was launched and a property agent bought 16 units in the hope of flipping and earning a very fast buck. Good luck to him. This project TOP since last December but only half of it is occupied now (where are the owners?).Serious sellers are now willing to accept a lower price while speculators are the one who are still holding on to their high asking prices (good luck to them also). The only real buyers in the market now are people like me, the enbloc sellers who have 3 choices, namely, buy a HDB (majority did), a private property or rent. However, not all enbloc sellers are buying, mind you. Out of 48 owners in my development, a few of them own 2 units while 16 owners rented their units out as they have been living in other properties. When the site is redeveloped, there will be more than 70 units available. I am sure the same story applies to other developments as well. As long as there are still enbloc sellers looking for replacement units, there is still a demand. The question is, how long can enbloc sellers hold up the market? Dont forget, there is only 1 enbloc deal this year.
    More enblocs will come and enblocs will drive the market what.

Unregistered Guest

I have some questions for Mr. Expat Forum, can any kind soul here help me to convey?

Quote Originally Posted by Expats Forum
    Singapore prime property is grossly overvalued, by historical and global standards - (don't look at the 1996 peak as the benchmark, look at the average of the last 20 years)
    I don't know what you mean by "overvalued". If you look at the average of the last 20 years, almost all global cities have gone up tremendously, not just Singapore.

Bombay, Shanghai, London, New York, Hong Kong.

If you look at Hong Kong's property market here:
    http://business.fullerton.edu/financ...05.337_356.pdf

and Singapore's property market here:
    http://www.redas.com/einformation/mt...vtmeasures.pdf

You can see that both Singapore and Hong Kong have gone up almost synchronously.

London's property prices have also gone up by 279% in the last 10 years.
    http://www.easier.com/view/House_Pri...le-109868.html

Hence can you tell me which major international city is not "overvalued" compared to their historical value?

(Please exclude cities like Yangon, Kabul and Baghdad).

Singapore's property cycle is 1-2 years of boom, followed by 1-2 years of decline then 2-5 years of stagnation
    Where did you get this idea from?

Look at the following residential price chart from 1960 to 2006

Did you see the continuous climb all the way from Q2 1986 (Index at 33.5 points) all the way to Q2 1996 (Index at 181.4 points). Exactly 10 years and a rise of 440%. Bull-run of the decade!

What do you mean by 1-2 years of boom, followed by 1-2 years of decline?

About 30,000 new prime properties are booked to be completed by 2010, exceeding demand
    Can you tell me how do you know that this supply of 30,000 has exceeded the demand?

How did you work out the demand? What are the formulae and data you used to work out the demand?

What exactly is the demand?

Possibly 50% of those were purchased by investors/speculators, many though DPS

DPS entirely skewed the market by allowing speculators/developers/realtors to rapidly pump-up prices with very small financial commitment (2%-20%)

Many of the speculators never planned to own the apartments they bought, but to flip them quickly

With negagitve equity and being highly leverage speculators will be under massive stress. Some will walk, some will sell. Further reducing market prices and sentiment.
    Why should the speculators be under "massive stress"? The apartments can easily be rented out.

Don't forget that all the projects coming up TOP this year were bought in 2005, when the price was only 50% of what it is today.

With a rental yield of around 5% (based on current prices) and a mortgage interest rate of only 3%, the bank is subsidising borrowers to the tune of 2% p.a.

For those who've bought 3 years ago at half price (compared to today), that's a yeild of 10% versus a mortgage interest of 3%, the bank is subsidising borrowers to the tune of 7%.

Furthermore, rentals are expected to continue to rise due to the influx of foreingers. Read the following article:

"HDB, private apartment rentals set to rise

By Wong Siew Ying, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 03 April 2008 0050 hrs
    SINGAPORE : Rentals for HDB and mass market private apartments are set to rise in the coming years, with more foreign workers heading for Singapore."

If it looks familiar, it's because it's the title for one of the threads in this forum. Go and read the full article over there.

Please explain where is the "massive stress" coming from?

Is getting 7% p.a. from the bank stressful? Are you referring to the "massive stress" of having too much money?

Singapore's leadership are publicly bearish on the prime property market declaring prices will decline
    That is really strange!

MM Lee just said during Chinese New Year on 11 Feb 2008 that "By 2011, the Marina Bay Area will be splendid, especially a water plaza, surrounded by a promenade fronting financial centres, integrated resorts, residential condominiums, food and beverages outlets, an enchanting sight to behold. It will be a unique city centre. We will not leave our heartlands behind. All new towns will be upgraded and beautified. The massive new investments in infrastructure and beautification, plus a steadily growing economy, with higher incomes, will keep property values going up."

You can read his full speech here:

http://app.sprinter.gov.sg/data/pr/20080211985.htm

May I ask whether MM Lee is considered part of "Singapore's leadership"?

Sales of prime properties have collapsed over the in Jan and Feb to the lowest levels in 5 years (BT and ST this week)

Market sentiment is at panic levels. External negative economic pressures and credit crunch is underway now in all developed economies - strong and weak. These will impact Singapore too.
    If sentiment is at "panic level", why then does the URA property price index rise 6.6% in Q4 2007 and then another 4.2% in Q1 2008?

http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/text/2008/pr08-35.html

Remember that all these happened after the U.S. subprime had started.

If sentiment is at "panic level", then prices should decrease, instead of increase. Are you referring to "panic level" of the buyers, or "panic level" of the sellers?

Asia has not "de-coupled" its economies from the US or WE. Singapore's exports indirectly still go mainly to the US. Consumption is till very low in Chinda. With recession in the US the reduced demand will still hit Singapre. Chinda owe Singapore nothing.

Singapore's 2007Q4 GDP shrank 4.8% I fully expect that the SG.gov is currently pumping the local economy hard to avoid a technical recession.

Singapore's productivity rates in 2007 declined by 0.9% - the greatest decline on record
    According to the Ministry of Trade and Industry, "Singapore growth slows to 6.0% in fourth quarter"

Even "On a quarter-on-quarter seasonally adjusted annualised basis, real GDP fell by 3.2 per cent in the quarter compared with a 4.4 per cent gain in the preceding quarter, reflecting a slowdown in the manufacturing sector".

May I known where did you get the figure "shrank 4.8%" from?

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...320244/1/.html

Latest population target is 5.5mln by 2040, or about 10,000 HH per year.

Given current mix that means about 2,000 prime properties required per year

Jobs growth is good, but it is largely at the lowest levels. In coming workers will not be able to live in prime property. Many incoming professionals will not be able to afford prime property rentals without correction

Adam Smith's invisible hand of capitalism will play an influencing role in equalizing the balance
    What you mean by "Jobs growth is good, but it is largely at the lowest levels. In coming workers will not be able to live in prime property. Many incoming professionals will not be able to afford prime property rentals"?

Read the following article:

Steaming demand for senior private bankers
    7 February 2007

UBS isn't the only one beefing up its senior private banking ranks in Singapore.

The Swiss bank relocated Carlo Grigioni, its formerly Swiss-based global head of private wealth management, to Singapore this month.

Pay for these top individuals is generous – the salary for the average private banker is around S$300k (US$195k). But it can reach considerably more than that. "Last year we came across a few candidates who will hit S$700k to $800k in total compensation," says Koh.

http://news.efinancialcareers.sg/NEW...ewsItemId-9212

Do you think that with a salary of S$300k to $800k per year, these "low level workers" will be able to live in prime properties?

Unregistered Guest

Its an eyeopener whoever he is. Raised several points and only time will tell. Let us be kind to him till we see what is down the road. Maybe he is right to some extent.
    Anyway I think I should delay my buying.
    YOU ARE RIGHT. I AM WITH YOU. WHATEVER HIS SOURCE OF INFO IS ONE THING IS TRUE THAT PRICES ARE GOING DOWN AND WILL GO DOWN TO 2005 LEVELS. EVERYTHING IS HYPE TO PULL MARKET UP.
    CDL CHIEF WANTS DPS TO BE REINSTATED SO THAT A FEW MORE SPECULATORS CAN BUY. RIGHTLY THE MINISTER DIDNT AGREE. SEE WHAT HAPPENED IN USA.
    HOW CAN SINGAPORE FLYER BRING IN MORE COND BUYERS? THE TICKET SELLERS OR SECURITY? TOURISTS WONT BUY RIGHT?
    I SEE PRICE DROPPING 30%.

Unregistered Guest

I have some questions for Mr. Expat Forum, can any kind soul here help me to convey?

I don't know what you mean by "overvalued". If you look at the average of the last 20 years, almost all global cities have gone up tremendously, not just Singapore.

You can see that both Singapore and Hong Kong have gone up almost synchronously.

Hence can you tell me which major international city is not "overvalued" compared to their historical value?

Did you see the continuous climb all the way from Q2 1986 (Index at 33.5 points) all the way to Q2 1996 (Index at 181.4 points). Exactly 10 years and a rise of 440%. Bull-run of the decade!

Can you tell me how do you know that this supply of 30,000 has exceeded the demand?

How did you work out the demand? What are the formulae and data you used to work out the demand?

Why should the speculators be under "massive stress"? The apartments can easily be rented out.

Don't forget that all the projects coming up TOP this year were bought in 2005, when the price was only 50% of what it is today.

With a rental yield of around 5% (based on current prices) and a mortgage interest rate of only 3%, the bank is subsidising borrowers to the tune of 2% p.a.

For those who've bought 3 years ago at half price (compared to today), that's a yeild of 10% versus a mortgage interest of 3%, the bank is subsidising borrowers to the tune of 7%.

Furthermore, rentals are expected to continue to rise due to the influx of foreingers. Read the following article:

SINGAPORE : Rentals for HDB and mass market private apartments are set to rise in the coming years, with more foreign workers heading for Singapore."

If it looks familiar, it's because it's the title for one of the threads in this forum. Go and read the full article over there.

Is getting 7% p.a. from the bank stressful? Are you referring to the "massive stress" of having too much money?

That is really strange!

MM Lee just said during Chinese New Year on 11 Feb 2008 that "By 2011, the Marina Bay Area will be splendid, especially a water plaza, surrounded by a promenade fronting financial centres, integrated resorts, residential condominiums, food and beverages outlets, an enchanting sight to behold. It will be a unique city centre. We will not leave our heartlands behind. All new towns will be upgraded and beautified. The massive new investments in infrastructure and beautification, plus a steadily growing economy, with higher incomes, will keep property values going up."

If sentiment is at "panic level", why then does the URA property price index rise 6.6% in Q4 2007 and then another 4.2% in Q1 2008?

If sentiment is at "panic level", then prices should decrease, instead of increase. Are you referring to "panic level" of the buyers, or "panic level" of the sellers?

According to the Ministry of Trade and Industry, "Singapore growth slows to 6.0% in fourth quarter"

Even "On a quarter-on-quarter seasonally adjusted annualised basis, real GDP fell by 3.2 per cent in the quarter compared with a 4.4 per cent gain in the preceding quarter, reflecting a slowdown in the manufacturing sector".

What you mean by "Jobs growth is good, but it is largely at the lowest levels. In coming workers will not be able to live in prime property. Many incoming professionals will not be able to afford prime property rentals"?

7 February 2007

UBS isn't the only one beefing up its senior private banking ranks in Singapore.

The Swiss bank relocated Carlo Grigioni, its formerly Swiss-based global head of private wealth management, to Singapore this month.

Pay for these top individuals is generous – the salary for the average private banker is around S$300k (US$195k). But it can reach considerably more than that. "Last year we came across a few candidates who will hit S$700k to $800k in total compensation," says Koh.

Do you think that with a salary of S$300k to $800k per year, these "low level workers" will be able to live in prime properties?
    friend how can water and food and beverages and condominiums around marina get the economy going? when the world slows down can marina condos make our economy go up? will tourists spend when they cant have rice to eat? inflation world wide is going up. why dont u include all factors.

Unregistered Guest

YOU ARE RIGHT. I AM WITH YOU. WHATEVER HIS SOURCE OF INFO IS ONE THING IS TRUE THAT PRICES ARE GOING DOWN AND WILL GO DOWN TO 2005 LEVELS. EVERYTHING IS HYPE TO PULL MARKET UP.
    CDL CHIEF WANTS DPS TO BE REINSTATED SO THAT A FEW MORE SPECULATORS CAN BUY. RIGHTLY THE MINISTER DIDNT AGREE. SEE WHAT HAPPENED IN USA.
    HOW CAN SINGAPORE FLYER BRING IN MORE COND BUYERS? THE TICKET SELLERS OR SECURITY? TOURISTS WONT BUY RIGHT?
    I SEE PRICE DROPPING 30%.
    PRICE WILL INCREASE BY 30%?
    No lah.
    Price only increased by 4.2% in the first 10 weeks of 2008.

Unregistered Guest

PRICE WILL INCREASE BY 30%?
    No lah.
    Price only increased by 4.2% in the first 10 weeks of 2008.
    That guy mentioned decrease by 30% because he thought Q1 price dropped by 4.2%. He didn't realised it has increased by 4.2%.

Unregistered Guest

dubai india better to invest property. just booming with oil and it. see what emirates airline is doing. buying all the big planes. europe to aus hub soon in dubai. the rich sheiks can talk man. they talk only dirhams. oil money can buy anything. kuwaiti fund walked out. ask why? more returns there now. realised that the hype was empty.
    YES I AGREE. SHEIKHS SHAKE THE OIL TREE AND MONEY FALLS. HOW CAN IT HAPPEN HERE WITH THE HIGH LEVEL OF CONDO PRICE. SURE HAS TO DROP 50%.

Unregistered Guest

YES I AGREE. SHEIKHS SHAKE THE OIL TREE AND MONEY FALLS. HOW CAN IT HAPPEN HERE WITH THE HIGH LEVEL OF CONDO PRICE. SURE HAS TO DROP 50%.
    This blurr cock is talking cork again.

Unregistered Guest

This blurr cock is talking cork again.
    Typical of that guy. Tomorrow he will tell you price dropping by 500%. Crap!

Unregistered Guest

That is really strange!

7 February 2007

Wah lau! Solid man!

Unregistered Guest

Typical of that guy. Tomorrow he will tell you price dropping by 500%. Crap!
    Yes, quite easy. Just simply type -500% on the PC.

Unregistered Guest

7 February 2007

Firstly, I wouldn't trust UBS too much. They are the top losers in Europe now, and desperate for funds.

Secondly, the average salary for private bankers is only $300k (not $300 to $800k). With $300k, they can only afford $1.5 m property which are so common these days. Hence private bankers are not even high-end property owners. They can't prop up our market.

Unregistered Guest

Why don't he type "price went up by 4.2%"?

Unregistered Guest

Why don't he type "price went up by 4.2%"?
    Because the sour grape is living in a different world, he does not have access to the URA property price index.

Sour grapes are ghosts that live in the 18th level of Hell (十八层地狱), hoping for 替身 (replacement body).

Their website www.Hell-URA.gov.sg shows that prices have gone down 500%.

Unregistered Guest

Because the sour grape is living in a different world, he does not have access to the URA property price index.

Sour grapes are ghosts that live in the 18th level of Hell (十八层地狱), hoping for 替身 (replacement body).

Your mouth is so smelly - full of bull shit.

Anyway, my advice is to go and find a buyer and realise your gain before it kapoofs into thin air.

Unregistered Guest

Your mouth is so smelly - full of bull shit.

Anyway, my advice is to go and find a buyer and realise your gain before it kapoofs into thin air.
    Why should I listen to the advice of a ghost who doesn't mean well?

Unregistered Guest

Pissed Pissed Pissed
    Those stuck are pissed
    Thought market would go up
    and they could flip
    But ended up getting the whip.
    Ohhh pissed pissed pissed
    Speculators are pissed