Thread: Loving couple lives on $1 a day to pay for marital home in China

Default Loving couple lives on $1 a day to pay for marital home in China

http://business.asiaone.com/personal...y-marital-home

A couple in China have reportedly been living on less than five yuan (S$1) a day for the past four years, in order to save up to buy their marital home.
    In an interview with CCTV, the couple told the touching story of how they met while working in a factory in Baoding. Ms Hao Ranran, from Hebei, fell in love with Mr Qiu Guoying, from Inner Mongolia, when she saw how hardworking and sincere he was.

Colleagues told the programme producers that Mr Qiu has an extremely good work ethic and that the pair are very sweet together.
    Unfortunately, Ms Hao's family did not approve of the relationship as Mr Qiu Guoying was too poor. One day, Mr Qiu called Ms Hao to confess his feelings for her, promising her that he would work very hard to give her a good future.
    "From then on, I knew I could never leave his side again," she said in the interview.
    The couple was reportedly so poor that they had to borrow a wedding suit and gown when they got married.
    Although they lacked money, that did not stop Mr Qiu from wanting to provide his wife with a good home. He promised to give her a home no matter how hard it was going to take.
    To do that, the couple promised each other they they would not shop, eat out or go on vacation. After allowing for rent and other necessities, they were left with only five yuan (S$1) a day to survive on.
    Mr Qiu reportedly worked non-stop, while his wife tried to save on expenses at home. With tears in her eyes, she recalled how she had to ask for free vegetables from the stall at the market.
    The downpayment for their new home was at least 100,000 yuan, and the couple managed to save 3,500 yuan every month for more than three years.
    When they finally managed to pay for their new home, Mr Qiu saved on renovation costs by fixing everything up by himself. He also got some friends to help him move furniture into the apartment.
    Touched by his wife's patience, Mr Qiu gave his wife a special gift consisting of a series of framed up photographs of them together over the years. With each photograph came a touching message.
    He apologised to his wife for making wait for so long and presented the key to her in a heart-shaped envelope.
    Moved by how far they had come, the couple then broke down and cried in each other's arms.

Quote Originally Posted by princess_morbucks View Post

A couple in China have reportedly been living on less than five yuan (S$1) a day for the past four years, in order to save up to buy their marital home.
    In an interview with CCTV, the couple told the touching story of how they met while working in a factory in Baoding. Ms Hao Ranran, from Hebei, fell in love with Mr Qiu Guoying, from Inner Mongolia, when she saw how hardworking and sincere he was.

Colleagues told the programme producers that Mr Qiu has an extremely good work ethic and that the pair are very sweet together.
    Unfortunately, Ms Hao's family did not approve of the relationship as Mr Qiu Guoying was too poor. One day, Mr Qiu called Ms Hao to confess his feelings for her, promising her that he would work very hard to give her a good future.
    "From then on, I knew I could never leave his side again," she said in the interview.
    The couple was reportedly so poor that they had to borrow a wedding suit and gown when they got married.
    Although they lacked money, that did not stop Mr Qiu from wanting to provide his wife with a good home. He promised to give her a home no matter how hard it was going to take.
    To do that, the couple promised each other they they would not shop, eat out or go on vacation. After allowing for rent and other necessities, they were left with only five yuan (S$1) a day to survive on.
    Mr Qiu reportedly worked non-stop, while his wife tried to save on expenses at home. With tears in her eyes, she recalled how she had to ask for free vegetables from the stall at the market.
    The downpayment for their new home was at least 100,000 yuan, and the couple managed to save 3,500 yuan every month for more than three years.
    When they finally managed to pay for their new home, Mr Qiu saved on renovation costs by fixing everything up by himself. He also got some friends to help him move furniture into the apartment.
    Touched by his wife's patience, Mr Qiu gave his wife a special gift consisting of a series of framed up photographs of them together over the years. With each photograph came a touching message.
    He apologised to his wife for making wait for so long and presented the key to her in a heart-shaped envelope.
    Moved by how far they had come, the couple then broke down and cried in each other's arms.
    I like this.
    This house definitely worth more than many other houses near MRT, JEM, etc bli blah bli blah.

The couple didn't complain about the high property price or the govt and waitng for thngs to happen. Instead they work hard and save hard.

In Singapore some people simply complain and put blame on the govt, and waiting for things to happen while still eat in restaurants and drinking $7 starbuck.

Quote Originally Posted by star View Post
    The couple didn't complain about the high property price or the govt and waitng for thngs to happen. Instead they work hard and save hard.

In Singapore some people simply complain and put blame on the govt, and waiting for things to happen while still eat in restaurants and drinking $7 starbuck.

That's the striving sprit our forefathers came here with. And the current generation totally lack.

It's now all abt instant gratification mins the willingness to innovate or strive for anything.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

I am glad my family is strong and cohesive so we could get our Mt Sinai landed.

Right on target!! Esp your last statement.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

In Singapore, many people want govt to help them to easily afford a HDB flat by making it CHEAP CHEAP for them to buy.
    On the other hand, after they have bought, they want their HDB resale flats' prices to go to the sky while wanting govt to make private property price CHEAP CHEAP for them buy so that they can easily upgrade!

Is it govt's job to ensure that they can afford a private property?!
    They should work hard to achieve it, not ask for hand-out!

Furthermore, those complainers are plain losers because the fact is, the number of private properties have been increasing over past many years means many more people are now able to afford private property with increasing income (except those complainers!)

I am more interested to know after settling their downpayment, do they left with $1 again after paying their monthly installment.

Quote Originally Posted by Xan View Post
    I am more interested to know after settling their downpayment, do they left with $1 again after paying their monthly installment.
    I am more interested to know will you do that for the one you love.

Quote Originally Posted by 3C View Post
    I am more interested to know will you do that for the one you love.
    Making your loved one to survive a dollar and suffer together with you, you think is fair and realistic?
    Why not you tell me wheher you have the heart to do it? I'm very interested to know.
    Last edited by Xan; 09-02-14 at 16:31.

Would you do that for the one you love?
    Making your loved one to survive a dollar and suffer together with you, you think is fair and realistic?
    If the one you love is willing to suffer and make the sacrifice with you, why not?
    In life, having a goal to work towards keep us going.
    For this couple, it is their choice to work towards a goal to own a house.
    They could have just continued renting.

If the one you love is willing to suffer and make the sacrifice with you, why not?
    In life, having a goal to work towards keep us going.
    For this couple, it is their choice to work towards a goal to own a house.
    They could have just continued renting.
    Sorry if I sounded indifferent.
    I believe there are many other better options and don't hv to go to such extreme.
    Good to strive for common goals but need to be realistic so that you will not hurt your loved ones.
    When yowe suggest to cramp a platoon of 7 people and a dog in his 2 bedder condo, how many people here think that its realistic?
    Sometimes need to spare a thought for others even the other party don't mind.

I believe there are many other better options and don't hv to go to such extreme.
    Good to strive for common goals but need to be realistic so that you will not hurt your loved ones.
    When yowe suggest to cramp a platoon of 7 people and a dog in his 2 bedder condo, how many people here think that its realistic?
    Lol...ya, I know where you are coming from.
    Life is all about choices.
    If the person you love is willing to go through thick and thin with you, then why not live your life together?
    Sometimes living frugally doesn't mean suffering.
    It is the goal (the light at the end of the tunnel) that keeps one going on in life.
    I am sure they did not starve, they still had food to eat.

Hi...family members will understand if the objective is being discussed and set within members.

Our direction is clear and I am glad we could work together to reach out to our goal - Mt Sinai landed.

Lol...ya, I know where you are coming from.
    Life is all about choices.
    If the person you love is willing to go through thick and thin with you, then why not live your life together?
    Sometimes living frugally doesn't mean suffering.
    It is the goal (the light at the end of the tunnel) that keeps one going on in life.
    I am sure they did not starve, they still had food to eat.
    It's a very touching love story but I just pity the girl when she needs to beg for left over vegetables in market, putting aside her pride and dignity.
    I'm not sure how the guy feel and whether its fair to his wife even their goal is eventually achieved. Just my

It's a very touching love story but I just pity the girl when she needs to beg for left over vegetables in market, putting aside her pride and dignity.
    I'm not sure how the guy feel and whether its fair to his wife even their goal is eventually achieved. Just my
    Wow, sounds like you are a sweet guy who would protect your wife/ female partner!

Wow, sounds like you are a sweet guy who would protect your wife/ female partner!
    Lol... No lar,
    Just feel that theres no need to go through such extreme suffering or blood shed in order to achieve your goals. By doing that, this does not mean you are a good husband or wife. And not forgetting what about their monthly installment, do they continue to live on $1 to pay the monthly?

Some goals can only be achieved in stages. Can't rush things.
    There are other feasible options to be explored.

Why not you tell me wheher you have the heart to do it? I'm very interested to know.
    I am impressed with this guy love for his partner despite of his inadequacies, he did his best for her. Doesn't matter whether he did it right or wrong, the heart intention and the resolution to win his wife heart really a model for many to learn. Doesn't matter is it mt Sinai or a 3 HDB flat. This is an unforgettable moment for both of them. Frankly I doubt I have that kind of perseverance like him but I learnt something valuable from this guy today. Regards

But hor... china never promise giving their people swiss living standard.....