Thread: Buying property in Japan with a S'pore bank loan

Default Buying property in Japan with a S'pore bank loan

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/prem...-loan-20140207

Bank of China giving up to 95% loan, UOB 70% and OCBC 50% of valuation

[SINGAPORE] Buying property in Japan used to be the preserve of high-net-worth individuals, who would plonk down $1.5 million for a chalet - complete with outdoor hot tub - in Niseko, a popular Hokkaido ski resort, if only to indulge their love for skiing.
    Not any more.
    With the local banks now offering to finance property purchases in the Land of the Rising Sun, anyone with $1 million or so to spare can consider buying a property and living, possibly, in the heart of glitzy Roppongi in Tokyo and rubbing shoulders with the embassy types there.
    A budget of that size could get one a new freehold two-bedroom apartment with roof terrace in Minato-ku - something along the lines of what Orange Tee is launching this weekend.

Just called up and did a quick check with the 3 banks listed but apparently they do not offer housing loans for Japanese properties.
    Last edited by bullman; 07-02-14 at 11:44.

Quote Originally Posted by bullman View Post
    Just called up and did a quick check with the 3 banks listed but apparently they do not offer housing loans for Japanese properties.
    Maybe you call up Orange Tee and ask, since, according to the report, they are launching some Japanese property this weekend.

95% loan. Wow....reminded me of 120% many yrs bk in spore.:

Quote Originally Posted by princess_morbucks View Post
    http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/prem...-loan-20140207

Bank of China giving up to 95% loan, UOB 70% and OCBC 50% of valuation

[SINGAPORE] Buying property in Japan used to be the preserve of high-net-worth individuals, who would plonk down $1.5 million for a chalet - complete with outdoor hot tub - in Niseko, a popular Hokkaido ski resort, if only to indulge their love for skiing.
    Not any more.
    With the local banks now offering to finance property purchases in the Land of the Rising Sun, anyone with $1 million or so to spare can consider buying a property and living, possibly, in the heart of glitzy Roppongi in Tokyo and rubbing shoulders with the embassy types there.
    A budget of that size could get one a new freehold two-bedroom apartment with roof terrace in Minato-ku - something along the lines of what Orange Tee is launching this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by bullman View Post
    Got to ask the right persons. Pm me if keen

need to knw more about buying of Jap property. Can someone help pls?

thanks

It is very difficult to maintain an overseas investment property unless u really have a trusted agent/friend helping u to deal with the rental matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosy View Post
    It is very difficult to maintain an overseas investment property unless u really have a trusted agent/friend helping u to deal with the rental matters.
    Totally agree on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cupcakes View Post
    need to knw more about buying of Jap property. Can someone help pls?

thanks
    Sent you a PM. I am preparing to enter the market.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosy View Post
    You don't really need someone you trust. Most of the bigger property agencies provide property management at 5-8%.

I would recommend a company called Housing Japan to manage, they are very good and I use them to manage my Tokyo property, you can deal with them in English and they can find properties to buy and arrange finance.

I moved to Japan and bought property in japan in 2012 after clearing one of my condos in Spore.

Bought the 5 story mansion building consisting of 10 studios, only with the price of hdb one unit at that time,,

The net rental yield now is about 8-9% after deducting everything like maintenance fee, utilities, tax and vacancy rate,,