Thread: invest in wilkie sophia area

Thumbs down invest in wilkie sophia area

Hi
    All the experts and guru,

With the supply from old school site and sophia residence, and the various condo scale projt ,
    is it still logical to invest in small apartment projt in that area ? I mean wilkie,sophia area.
    Any views? thx in advance

Not to mention suite@orchard, 8@mt sophia nearby. And the recent mickey mouse projt, liv @sophia,liv@wilkie by roxy. And the top parc sophia by oxley...
    Seem indeed a lot of supply

This is my observation.

about 2 yrs ago nearly want to get an mm there at wilkie. Luckily didnt buy as the price has only gone up at most 5%. My other mm at RV has gone up 15%.

Do you mean 5% for two years? Some areas already having 15% per year (since last year). I believe it is project specific and area specific.
    Quote Originally Posted by leesg123 View Post
    This is my observation.

about 2 yrs ago nearly want to get an mm there at wilkie. Luckily didnt buy as the price has only gone up at most 5%. My other mm at RV has gone up 15%.

paging for BJ21T paging for BJ21T siang kar pay ger

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123 View Post
    This is my observation.

project specific. e.g price of parc emily has risen quite a fair bit over the past 2 years. Thanks to project like 1919 and other good selling MM project for bring up the price.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by smellyfish View Post
    paging for BJ21T paging for BJ21T siang kar pay ger
    Dun worry about it good brother, I am in the midst of completing the Essay of the Century. This article forumers read liao will TAU KONG KONG machiam like kena black magic like that and then hor, go out and buy Singapore properties like crazy.

Be patience.

玄天神龙

get the tanjong pagar or D15 area!

is this area good? no doubt its district 9, but a bit far to walk from dhoby ghaut mrt right?
    I've had enough. I'm done!!!

Quote Originally Posted by clemdale24 View Post
    is this area good? no doubt its district 9, but a bit far to walk from dhoby ghaut mrt right?
    once downtown line is completed there will be 4 MRT stations within about 500m radius from the selegie junction.

Little India Rochor, Bencoolen and DG
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33 View Post
    once downtown line is completed there will be 4 MRT stations within about 500m radius from the selegie junction.

Little India Rochor, Bencoolen and DG
    When I was staying there I walked to Bugis as well. The 2 new stations are really a big bonus.

Thanks to all for reply.

It is an area with the most concentration of mrt stations....meaning very urbanised....but it has no big space left for redevelopment. Most importantly, there is height limit, as it is located in the most sensitive area as well. small plot of land. very dense development, buildings too close to one another, no privacy. With all of these limitation, how highends can the area become?

Quote Originally Posted by jslee78 View Post
    It is an area with the most concentration of mrt stations....meaning very urbanised....but it has no big space left for redevelopment. Most importantly, there is height limit, as it is located in the most sensitive area as well. small plot of land. very dense development, buildings too close to one another, no privacy. With all of these limitation, how highends can the area become?
    thats not true. when downtown line is complete, the area around mackenzie road will be launch for development and lets not forget that peace center will eventually be en bloc for development in the near future

WOAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAH

u never know....someone pls mark this post.

I shall come back to this after April 2014.

True. The fact is that it is right next to the Istana. So there is a limit to the height.

Also, this area's prestige lies only at Sophia area. Beyond that e.g. Wilkie, Mackenzie all these are v close to the messy middle road and Little India district.