Thread: Irritating bird

Default Irritating bird

Is it nowadays birds don't chip but instead they call "kor ah, kor ah". Every morning at around 6am, this bird will start calling "kor ah, kor ah" till about 7am" his mouth not tired wan meh? Do you all ever hear that? The sound seems to be very faraway and yet I can hear it so clearly, the voice is so loud, full of energy.

Quote Originally Posted by irisng View Post
    Is it nowadays birds don't chip but instead they call "kor ah, kor ah". Every morning at around 6am, this bird will start calling "kor ah, kor ah" till about 7am" his mouth not tired wan meh? Do you all ever hear that? The sound seems to be very faraway and yet I can hear it so clearly, the voice is so loud, full of energy.

stay HDB call NEA? if condo, complain MCST, if tree in your landed compound..settle yourself...

Depends on how u hear it.. me and my mum hear it as : hor ah . Hor ah.. in hakka this mean 好啊。好啊。。

Learn to appreciate nature.

Quote Originally Posted by peterng8 View Post
    stay HDB call NEA? if condo, complain MCST, if tree in your landed compound..settle yourself...

sorry side track abit...in other dialect such as Hokkien, this type of bird is called "gui Jiao" meaning 'ghost bird" ...very unlucky to hear that sound especially in middle of nite usually around 3 am the bird will sing the LP song...it looks ugly too...believe it or not is up to you...

buy some corn kernel, seeds etc as bait.
    buy Furadan as poison.
    mix well.
    place poisoned bait in strategic location.

hopefully your problem is solve.

Want to complain, also cannot leh, don't know where the bird is, the voice like from faraway.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernStar View Post
    Depends on how u hear it.. me and my mum hear it as : hor ah . Hor ah.. in hakka this mean 好啊。好啊。。
    Ya ya, I think is "hor ah, hor ah", my mother-in-law heard it as "kor ah, kor ah", she said there was a story about 2 brothers. The younger brother lost his way in the forest, so the elder brother went to look for him.

sorry side track abit...in other dialect such as Hokkien, this type of bird is called "gui Jiao" meaning 'ghost bird" ...very unlucky to hear that sound especially in middle of nite usually around 3 am the bird will sing the LP song...it looks ugly too...believe it or not is up to you...
    I asked my spouse is it 乌鸦,he said not leh, it is another kind of bird.

I asked my spouse is it 乌鸦,he said not leh, it is another kind of bird.

gui Jiao more likely..., those are the only birds who scream at this hour in Sg, according to my older folks who now no longer in this world

They are both beautiful bird

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guBwMUAWAJI

You can be consider lucky liao. Every morning I got a chicken not far from my house waking me and family up. So I don't need an alarm clock. Damn the rooster cock

the bird is called a koel and is a migratory bird, which is why you don't hear it throughout the year.

Quote Originally Posted by smellyfish View Post
    the bird is called a koel and is a migratory bird, which is why you don't hear it throughout the year.
    Don't know why these few months keep hearing it. First time was at my mother-in-law's house, then few months later, seems to be from my house downstairs, then now, seems to be very faraway.

This morning starts at 6.40am and ends at 8am+. Sometimes evening time starts at 7pm+. No definite time wan leh.