Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: work till you die

What are we talking? 40 plus already Bosses trying to get rid. Finding another decent job is like climbing mt everest. If they guarantee me a decent job and not tray collectors at foodcourt, I will most happy to work till 70.

Quote Originally Posted by 3C View Post
    What are we talking? 40 plus already Bosses trying to get rid. Finding another decent job is like climbing mt everest. If they guarantee me a decent job and not tray collectors at foodcourt, I will most happy to work till 70.
    Actually we all really do not have to retire at 70. Just pay up yr property and rent it out then use the money to rent in jb or batam where rental is really cheap and should have excess for daily expenses. Just surfed the batam houses for rent and for less than 500 sing a month one can live in a nice house...

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Give me a job that pays >$2m a year and no clear KPIs (so don't need to meet also can) and own-time own-target flexi-hours, I will happily work until I die! Any other jobs 50 years already should retire and now ask people work till 70 years old?!
    They should tell employers increase salary by 100% instead of ask people work till 70 years old or even older!

Quote Originally Posted by 3C View Post

well retirement age is set dont mean people have to work till 70 wat. Anyway the people KPKB no FT right that means where the work force come from? LPPL means existing 1 need to be tap lah.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

People are frustrated that after working hard for 30 years to find themselves not able to retire comfortably in their own country....

Quote Originally Posted by cavaliver View Post
    People are frustrated that after working hard for 30 years to find themselves not able to retire comfortably in their own country....
    lol.. since where in the world guarantee anyone have a sure win comfortable retirement if u work?

dont feel comfortable when retire? then means expectation is not realistic. Or means the last 30ys working was not smart enough. didnt plan. more like retirement just happen!.

So whos fault? blame never have smart parents that left a tidy sum to the kids for retirement then. ?
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

This is the cost of being a developed nation with higher cost of living, increasing medical cost, increasing social gap, etc. Rich wil exploit the poor. Middle income is the worst. Not.enough money to retire. Hence, you see why hillford sold out within a day with many thinking they can use property to hedge against inflation and get better rental income. Just hope they bet at the right horse.

Employers always exploit poor, otherwise how most employers become rich?! They become rich by being very charitable to their workers?
    That is why govt legislation is very important to protect the under-privileged.

But now actually is the middle-income that is the worst off! Have to provide for poor, but if unwilling to tax the rich, then how? Have to milk the middle-incomes loh! What's next? Increase taxes on certain things, like properties, GST, car taxes, ABSD, SSD, etc are also some of them already implemented, also increase in premiums for medishields, increase CPF min sums, what else?

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008 View Post
    This is the cost of being a developed nation with higher cost of living, increasing medical cost, increasing social gap, etc. Rich wil exploit the poor. Middle income is the worst. Not.enough money to retire. Hence, you see why hillford sold out within a day with many thinking they can use property to hedge against inflation and get better rental income. Just hope they bet at the right horse.

With rising cost of living and increase in life expectancy, one cannot afford to retire early and live comfortably for the rest of his life. The govt is becoming aware of an increasing number of penniless retirees who needs help. I have seen not a few old folks begging at food centers . Welfare can only do so much before it becomes a drain on the country resources if the pool of poor retirees starts to grow. Helping them with meaningful and gainful employment will gve them the means to live beyond their retirement income and also provide them with a sense of dignity and purpose in life.

any talk that CPF withdrawal age will also be 70?

Really cannot retire if cpf is locked till 70.
    Quote Originally Posted by hopeful View Post

May be after retirement age has been raised to 70 years old (just like previously when retirement age raised to 62 years old)?

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful View Post

Quote Originally Posted by minority View Post
    lol.. since where in the world guarantee anyone have a sure win comfortable retirement if u work?

dont feel comfortable when retire? then means expectation is not realistic. Or means the last 30ys working was not smart enough. didnt plan. more like retirement just happen!.

So whos fault? blame never have smart parents that left a tidy sum to the kids for retirement then. ?

How to plan when policies keep changing ?

Fro those frequent travellers using Terminal 1 Changi Airport

you will notice an old man (probably past 70yrs old)collecting trolleys

For the Authority it is a sight to behold

as for me...so sad

Maybe Government should raise GST from 7% to 20%
    afterall GST is meant to help the poor

Think they have decided not to help poor anymore so no raise GST?

Quote Originally Posted by Simi View Post
    Fro those frequent travellers using Terminal 1 Changi Airport

you will notice an old man (probably past 70yrs old)collecting trolleys

For the Authority it is a sight to behold

as for me...so sad

Maybe Government should raise GST from 7% to 20%
    afterall GST is meant to help the poor

If what you say is right, then govt must have doing all the wrong things like Introduce and raise GST to help the poor, wage supplements and top up using tax payers money for the poor, public transport subsidies, min wages for cleaners and soon security guards, subsidy for HDB flats etc...!

These people pay too low must either expectations not realistic, Or means the last 30ys working was not smart enough. didnt plan etc!!!

Why should the rest of people subsidize them?

Quote Originally Posted by minority View Post

Will the employer still willing to engage someone who is reaching 70? I know of someone, his employer keeps telling the staff that company not making profit, you are all old already, your children all grown up already, so can don't work already but the staff age range from 47 to 60 years and yet this boss already find that they are all too old liao. And this boss wants cheap and good. Doing bookkeeping work, expect her to do taxation submission also, want to save on the auditor fee. Doing sales work, expect him to help out with computers problem, website maintenance, delivery and when boss not around, help to lock up the door, when CCTV camera break down, asks him to check and he is only drawing salesman salary, increment is the same as the rest of his colleague who just do their normal routine. isn't it unfair to this employee, he works longer hours and more jobs than his colleagues. This type of job must retire earlier the better, so much stress.

Quote Originally Posted by irisng View Post
    Will the employer still willing to engage someone who is reaching 70? I know of someone, his employer keeps telling the staff that company not making profit, you are all old already, your children all grown up already, so can don't work already but the staff age range from 47 to 60 years and yet this boss already find that they are all too old liao. And this boss wants cheap and good. Doing bookkeeping work, expect her to do taxation submission also, want to save on the auditor fee. Doing sales work, expect him to help out with computers problem, website maintenance, delivery and when boss not around, help to lock up the door, when CCTV camera break down, asks him to check and he is only drawing salesman salary, increment is the same as the rest of his colleague who just do their normal routine. isn't it unfair to this employee, he works longer hours and more jobs than his colleagues. This type of job must retire earlier the better, so much stress.
    Our former PM LKY and GCT is still working at age 90 and 72 respective

I don't mind getting >$1m a year doing some white-collar job with no one breathing down my neck and there is no KPI to meet and report results every year...................

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    I don't mind getting >$1m a year doing some white-collar job with no one breathing down my neck and there is no KPI to meet and report results every year...................
    Many people also do not mind handing over blank cheques for them to fill in the number

Fortunately is only >$1m a year
    They could have fill in much much more

Don't think they get just $1m a year, this figure I just quote a low-ball figure (because I also don't know the figure). You know how much they get (including all those fat bonuses)?

Many people also do not mind handing over blank cheques for them to fill in the number

Fortunately is only >$1m a year
    They could have fill in much much more

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    Don't think they get just $1m a year, this figure I just quote a low-ball figure (because I also don't know the figure). You know how much they get (including all those fat bonuses)?
    heard their monthly pension is more than the 15k MP allowances

many years ago there was a Gazzette on Pension payment...seems like it has been taken down (did a search no more there, so stand corrected)

On the bonus...got no idea

Thought they still have Temasek board seats / GIC board seats, chairmanship etc? Those probably already pay several million $?

heard their monthly pension is more than the 15k MP allowances

many years ago there was a Gazzette on Pension payment...seems like it has been taken down (did a search no more there, so stand corrected)

On the bonus...got no idea

They are different from us, we are "小人物".

Quote Originally Posted by irisng View Post
    They are different from us, we are "小人物".
    Yalor, only for The Privileged few

for us only those $6 per hour type of job

why u all so see no open... lky really work until he die leh.. give him millions he oso no use them, only the children benefit from it..
    Ong lai ah!

Quote Originally Posted by onglai View Post
    why u all so see no open... lky really work until he die leh.. give him millions he oso no use them, only the children benefit from it..
    I see very open wan

that's why said Blank cheque for him to fill

Quote Originally Posted by onglai View Post
    生不带来死不带去。 Think about it, in fact everybody also the same, we work so hard and save so hard, in the end when we are time "to go home", all our money will be shared by our children and the survival spouse.

It is damn easy for these men in white living in ivory towers n doing cushy desk work all their lives to talk about working beyond the years. Try asking those 60+ year old ministers to take on some manual work like washing dishes in food court for a month n see if they can tahan.