Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kuwait fund pulls out of bulk purchase of high-end homes

Unregistered Guest

Default Re: Kuwait fund pulls out of bulk purchase of high-end homes

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Foreigners are rushing for the entrance rather than the exit (see today's Business Times article below).

When foreigners move into the prime and fringe districts, then those sour grapes in Sengkang will have to move to Tuas, and those at Tuas will move to Horsburgh Lighthouse.

And if the International Court of Justice rules that Horsburgh Lighthouse belongs to Malaysia, then it will be renamed Pulau Batu Puteh and those sour grapes will turn into Malaysian citizens and their properties become Malaysian property and valued in Ringgits.

WOOO

HA

Ha

ha

ha
    You can continue to laugh at the sour grapes, Mr Green Eyes but time will tell who will have the last laugh.

Unregistered Guest

You must be crazy. Foreigners can only buy very little properties at high price, few units at each of non-landed and the small corner of Pulau Blakang Mati. How to drive singaporeans to Malaysia?
    Sometimes, a picture is worth a thousand words ...

Unregistered Guest

1) Kuwait firm - more like trading and flipping with no real understanding of demand and supply... Would you buy from one of these "trading" firm in GAC countries ? I rather buy directly minus the middle-man.. Deal is doom to fail in the 1st case as basis is wrong
    2) No creditability.. never heard of this firm
    3) Would this single deal dictates the tone of the singapore market ?
    With the 2x SWF of singapore going round US/Europe/Japan etc buying
    up banks, buildings, business.... this deal is peanets compared to the size of singapore buying power !

Unregistered Guest

1) Kuwait firm - more like trading and flipping with no real understanding of demand and supply... Would you buy from one of these "trading" firm in GAC countries ? I rather buy directly minus the middle-man.. Deal is doom to fail in the 1st case as basis is wrong
    2) No creditability.. never heard of this firm
    3) Would this single deal dictates the tone of the singapore market ?
    With the 2x SWF of singapore going round US/Europe/Japan etc buying
    up banks, buildings, business.... this deal is peanets compared to the size of singapore buying power !
    All the ready cash for properties investment are idling right now and waiting to pick up bargains in US and Europe and that is upside for why Asian properties are being capped esp in light of sharp run-up in the last two years already.

Unregistered Guest

All the ready cash for properties investment are idling right now and waiting to pick up bargains in US and Europe and that is upside for why Asian properties are being capped esp in light of sharp run-up in the last two years already.
    That is good news for the world. Pls hurry and pick up bargains in US and Europe to help expedite the recovery process for US sub-prime. But, remember before your bargain assets value increase, here in Asia our assets hv once again skyrocketed to the next heaven.

Unregistered Guest

That is good news for the world. Pls hurry and pick up bargains in US and Europe to help expedite the recovery process for US sub-prime. But, remember before your bargain assets value increase, here in Asia our assets hv once again skyrocketed to the next heaven.
    It is way too early to buy cheap properties in US and Europe. What is happening now is about selling properties in markets to cash out gains to stock pile cash to prepare for the kill. If you have no holding power, be careful to be killed in the stampede. Don't be greedy, make your move to cash in any gain now

Unregistered Guest

You can continue to laugh at the sour grapes, Mr Green Eyes but time will tell who will have the last laugh.
    It's not that I like to laugh at people. But these sour grapes are very vicious people.

I mean property investors also hope to make some money, who doesn't hope to make money? But these sour grapes keep cursing the market to collapse. Don't you think they are vicious?

It's like if punters queue up to buy 4D or TOTO and they go around cursing the punters to lose money, see what will happen to them.

Anyway I have already en blocked one of my two properties and already collected my money, which is enough to buy 10 Sengkang HDB flats. I'm now left with one more which I acquired a few years back at a very low price.

So I don't see what is this "last laugh" all about, unless it's about the market collapsing so that people like me cannot make some more profits. But then isn't that a "sad last laugh"?

Don't the sour grapes have anything better to look forward to for their "last laugh"? Like getting a pay increment or a promotion and upgrade to Queenstown?

Unregistered Guest

It's not that I like to laugh at people. But these sour grapes are very vicious people.

I mean property investors also hope to make some money, who doesn't hope to make money? But these sour grapes keep cursing the market to collapse. Don't you think they are vicious?

It's like if punters queue up to buy 4D or TOTO and they go around cursing the punters to lose money, see what will happen to them.

Anyway I have already en blocked one of my two properties and already collected my money, which is enough to buy 10 Sengkang HDB flats. I'm now left with one more which I acquired a few years back at a very low price.

So I don't see what is this "last laugh" all about, unless it's about the market collapsing so that people like me cannot make some more profits. But then isn't that a "sad last laugh"?

Don't the sour grapes have anything better to look forward to for their "last laugh"? Like getting a pay increment or a promotion and upgrade to Queenstown?

did not come to this forum for a while.
    I thought it attacked by sour grape.
    so who is panic? desperate? worry? why do such act? there is lot of good information & analysis, all gone.
    what last laugh? who cannot laugh now? rental market is still so hot, rental is so high & demand so strong.
    For sour grape, no money, work harder. Got money, keep in bank, see your value going down day by day, there is good value in blue chip stock that offer >5% dividend, still property is the best to hedge for inflation.
    With housing loan rate down, rental up, lock in for 2 years, wait for IR ready, the return is easily 25x=2500% higher than interest rate.
    ha ha... famous time will tell, market decide.

Unregistered Guest

All sour grapes standby, prices for property cannot hold that long anymore. Developers do not dare to launch major projects these coming months, with more TOP coming, there will be a correction if they are not genuine buyers. Shares are already coming low and it will be a matter of time that the property market will be affected. Look, observe and get ready to go in.

Unregistered Guest

For prices to come, you will need 3 things to happen

1. Interest to go up - No, not happening. In fact the reverse is taking place
    2. Massive exodus of expat and job losses - No, not happening
    3. Rental rate to come down - No, not happening

The only guys show some sign of panic are the flippers, especially in the mid end of the market. The uber rich can hold, the mass market is well supported.

Unregistered Guest

For prices to come, you will need 3 things to happen

1. Interest to go up - No, not happening. In fact the reverse is taking place
    2. Massive exodus of expat and job losses - No, not happening
    3. Rental rate to come down - No, not happening

The only guys show some sign of panic are the flippers, especially in the mid end of the market. The uber rich can hold, the mass market is well supported.
    Only one thing needs to happen - no buyer. Doesn't matter what interest rates are.

Unregistered Guest

Only one thing needs to happen - no buyer. Doesn't matter what interest rates are.

no buyer? don't sell, rent out at high rental.
    Refinance loan rate at 0-2% for 1st 3 years, lock in rental for 2-3 years, rental yield at 5-6%. For HDB, yield can be >10% if lucky. When IR ready, market shot up.
    For the 3 yrs, can have nett 3%-5% income, after that another 30-50% appreciation, why not?
    Rental is easy now with tons of foreign talents coming onboard. If local need a place, eg enblocker, married couple.....rent lor.

Unregistered Guest

no buyer? don't sell, rent out at high rental.
    Refinance loan rate at 0-2% for 1st 3 years, lock in rental for 2-3 years, rental yield at 5-6%. For HDB, yield can be >10% if lucky. When IR ready, market shot up.
    For the 3 yrs, can have nett 3%-5% income, after that another 30-50% appreciation, why not?
    Rental is easy now with tons of foreign talents coming onboard. If local need a place, eg enblocker, married couple.....rent lor.
    Good rental market with low interest rate environment for the next 12-24 months will keep prices intact. Singapore landlord (especially HDB flat and resale mass market condo owners) never have it so good.

Unregistered Guest

totally agree, basics of demand Vs supply....no demand, supply increases, prices sure drop...

Unregistered Guest

totally agree, basics of demand Vs supply....no demand, supply increases, prices sure drop...

no buyer, plenty of renter.
    price down, complain to gov lor.
    price up can complain, price down must too.

Unregistered Guest

Next month is beginning of Q2, let see next month we can see sign of recovery for US economy, then we will know where is the direction of Spore property.
    We will see a fall in oil price starting next month with more refinery put into operation.

US economy to recover in second quarter: Treasury
    Thu, Mar 13, 2008
    AFP

PARIS, FRANCE - THE US economy should pick up in the second quarter of the year but currently faces a difficult period of financial market stress and high oil prices, the number two in the US Treasury said on Thursday.

'The economy is likely to improve in the second quarter,' US Deputy Treasury Secretary Robert Kimmitt told a press conference at the US embassy.

He added: 'There is no doubt we are facing significant headwinds in the US economy,' referring to the housing and credit market problems and high commodity and oil prices.

'We continue to believe that the long-term fundamentals of the US economy are strong.'

Mr Kimmitt spoke in Paris as global stock markets fell sharply due to further weakness of the dollar, fears about recession in the United States and news that a giant investment fund had defaulted on debt of nearly US$17 billion (S$23.6 billion). -- AFP

Unregistered Guest

Good rental market with low interest rate environment for the next 12-24 months will keep prices intact. Singapore landlord (especially HDB flat and resale mass market condo owners) never have it so good.
    The interest rate is getting ridiculously low.

Today I got a letter from my bank StanChart that the eSaver account interest rate is down to 0.78%

Just one year ago it used to be around 2.3%.

Then inflation is 6.6% ... and my interest rate is 0.78% so the money in my bank is depreciating at 5.82% per year.

What to do? Help!

Unregistered Guest

Next month is beginning of Q2, let see next month we can see sign of recovery for US economy, then we will know where is the direction of Spore property.
    We will see a fall in oil price starting next month with more refinery put into operation.

US economy to recover in second quarter: Treasury
    Thu, Mar 13, 2008
    AFP

PARIS, FRANCE - THE US economy should pick up in the second quarter of the year but currently faces a difficult period of financial market stress and high oil prices, the number two in the US Treasury said on Thursday.

'The economy is likely to improve in the second quarter,' US Deputy Treasury Secretary Robert Kimmitt told a press conference at the US embassy.

He added: 'There is no doubt we are facing significant headwinds in the US economy,' referring to the housing and credit market problems and high commodity and oil prices.

'We continue to believe that the long-term fundamentals of the US economy are strong.'

Mr Kimmitt spoke in Paris as global stock markets fell sharply due to further weakness of the dollar, fears about recession in the United States and news that a giant investment fund had defaulted on debt of nearly US$17 billion (S$23.6 billion). -- AFP
    NO WAY US IS RECOVERING IN 2 YEARS. IT WILL GET WORSE PULLING DOWN ASIA WITH IT. DON'T BE MISLED. SELL AND STAY CLEAR.

Unregistered Guest

NO WAY US IS RECOVERING IN 2 YEARS. IT WILL GET WORSE PULLING DOWN ASIA WITH IT. DON'T BE MISLED. SELL AND STAY CLEAR.
    I sold stocks and staying clear . Now where to invest that money ?

Unregistered Guest

I sold stocks and staying clear . Now where to invest that money ?
    One needs to constantly stay invested in order to cope with the inflation. Investment naturally comes with risk but unfortunately, this is how the world goes. Putting the money in banks or fixed deposit is a dead duck.
    In my opinion, buying shares seems the best option now with share prices trading on the low side. A lot of good counters are trading way below their NAV. Can consider picking some stocks to keep although you clear your portfolio already.

Unregistered Guest

Did you see prices coming down or you are just speculating ?
    I doubt your statements because I have been asking around but no sellers are quoting lower.

Unregistered Guest

Please cite the authority which made the above pronouncement.

Unregistered Guest

don't be too sure, be open.
    No need 2 yrs, 6 weeks later, you will totally different situation.
    Don't shout, don't do anything, just watch patiently.
    By then stock market surge up again, property will follow thru', US$ up, oil plunge, this is the rule of the game, when you feel the worst, sell everything at the bottom, all the money on sideline will pour in to push up everything.

Unregistered Guest

Who cares about the Kuwait fund, we got GIC, Temasek and many local tycoons to buy these high end homes. Property market will rise forever.

Unregistered Guest

So much talk about market going up.

The fact is - Nobody is buying.

Unregistered Guest

If you check up the realink website www.nationproperty.sg, you will see that there are still plenty of people buying, and the price is still very firm.

You cannot just survey your friends and relatives and then conclude that "Nobody is buying".

Unregistered Guest

then you should sell yours since you are perssimistic, act to your believe & mouth is.

Unregistered Guest

haha nobody buying

and for sure u will not be buying forever

because haiz

you know wat i mean right...

Unregistered Guest

Nobody IS buying - present tense, not future.

So few caveats on SISV, that IS a fact. And who knows what kind of buyers they are? Whether local or foreign? Investors or own stay?

The fact is the rush to buy has stopped. Not saying when it will restart.

Unregistered Guest

Nobody IS buying - present tense, not future.

So few caveats on SISV, that IS a fact. And who knows what kind of buyers they are? Whether local or foreign? Investors or own stay?

The fact is the rush to buy has stopped. Not saying when it will restart.

In 3 months time, the whole situation will be different, Kuwait fund will be regretted by then.
    The world is extremely interesting right now.
    Momentum to rush into stock market has never being so great, let see.