Thread: Changing Global Weather, Singapore Properties to gain?

Default Changing Global Weather, Singapore Properties to gain?

If you have been noticing and following news the world weather is getting screwed up. Some region suffering -50 deg C, at the same time some 50 deg C.

seems like countries at equator line are going to have relatively more stable weather.

will this cause a flow of hot money to singapore property?

Afterall, how many countries are near the equator with, stable gov, proper law and order? Think of where the rich will buy houses for their descendants to stay in?

food for thots...

your descriptions remind me of the movie day after tomorrow...

you forgot to mention that coastal cities are at risk of floods due to rising sea levels

weather changing will affect globally include singapore too, you never know one day the whole SG will be flooded

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123 View Post
    If you have been noticing and following news the world weather is getting screwed up. Some region suffering -50 deg C, at the same time some 50 deg C.

seems like countries at equator line are going to have relatively more stable weather.

Afterall, how many countries are near the equator with, stable gov, proper law and order? Think of where the rich will buy houses for their descendants to stay in?

food for thots...

wow, u're good...it is more like residential property matter is food for yr thought even scenario like this u can think of residential property price will increase in Sg...I am speechless

There is data showing that we might have moved from Global warming phase to Global cooling phase as the north and south pole ice is actually expanding...

If we do move to global ice age. and the northern hemisphere countries becomes too cold and SG weather during the Oct to Mar period cools to 15C at night then hosay liao!

We will have the best weather in the world !!!

PSF 2500 for all OCR properties! PSF 5000 for all CCR properties! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123 View Post

food for thots...
    Like that Iskandar also huat Liao.....hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by CCR View Post
    There is data showing that we might have moved from Global warming phase to Global cooling phase as the north and south pole ice is actually expanding...

If we do move to global ice age. and the northern hemisphere countries becomes too cold and SG weather during the Oct to Mar period cools to 15C at night then hosay liao!

That is what I am thinking too. We could possibly have among the best weather globally.

in terms of flooding, possible, but the severity of it dont know yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Photogguy View Post
    Like that Iskandar also huat Liao.....hahaha.
    Thats why I say stable gov, safety of the nation too are impt considerations.

If we actually end up in those kind of weather conditions, your psf estimates might be a little conservative.

When tt happens, food price n inflation will go up as well. SG weather data is pointing towards much warmer weather for past few decades. Cooler weather is still welcomed.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix View Post
    When tt happens, food price n inflation will go up as well. SG weather data is pointing towards much warmer weather for past few decades. Cooler weather is still welcomed.
    Let's see..... If indeed the pendulum has swing towards global cooling we might get lucky.... As to global flooding, small matter, sg is really small just build walls round sg settle liao

our cool weather has become cooler and the warm weather has become warmer i feel.

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    our cool weather has become cooler and the warm weather has become warmer i feel.

exactly ...

NYC is experiencing extreme cold this winter ... and probably prolong hot summer ... can be as hot as 39 40 deg just not humid

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    I am ok to suffer a hotter mid year here in sjngapore if you can promise me 15C from Oct to Mar lol

I am ok to suffer a hotter mid year here in sjngapore if you can promise me 15C from Oct to Mar lol
    dat's hk's weather.
    Ong lai ah!

Smile Changing Global Weather, Singapore Properties to gain?

Well, in such drastically changing global weather conditions, it is tough for me to concentrate on Singapore property gains....but thanks for sharing an interesting thread here...!!

The Riverbank Condo @ Fernvale

Quote Originally Posted by onglai View Post
    dat's hk's weather.
    HK already touching 10degrees.

The past week or two it been really breezy at night and cool. No ac needed at all and windows open only small gap is enough.

Dusty though.
    click: 🏢shoeboxmickeymousehouse 🏢

Let's see..... If indeed the pendulum has swing towards global cooling we might get lucky.... As to global flooding, small matter, sg is really small just build walls round sg settle liao

building walls are expensive and may not 100% foolproof - hint: fukushima
    more importantly, they alter the marine ecosystem drastically and may cause irreversible damage.

we have one of the best combination of good ppty investment - gd govt, no natural disasters (or least), stable currency, great weather (the angmos love it) blah blah blah. bro BJ did mention this in many of his posts...

i am no expert, but it seems like earth is getting cooler, not warmer.. dubai experienced one of the coolest winter this yr. see the reports on snow in egypt and vietnam.
    There is no good or bad location. There is only good or bad price.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanhz View Post
    we have one of the best combination of good ppty investment - gd govt, no natural disasters (or least), stable currency, great weather (the angmos love it) blah blah blah. bro BJ did mention this in many of his posts...

i am no expert, but it seems like earth is getting cooler, not warmer.. dubai experienced one of the coolest winter this yr. see the reports on snow in egypt and vietnam.

Ang mo loves it ... that's not a good reason at all ...

local still find it too hot ...

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

No worry, Singapore is cooling down...
    In Dec, we have temperature of 26-28 degrees only even during the day!
    Now in Jun hottest period, we have 29-31 degrees only, throw in air-con everywhere + sheltered walkways, very comfortable....

I think many of us still have memories where Singapore experiencing 32-35 degrees temperature during the day in Jun hottest period in 1990s, but we don't experience this anymore in Singapore... Greening helps a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner View Post
    Ang mo loves it ... that's not a good reason at all ...

local still find it too hot ...

Ice age on the way as scientists fear the Sun is 'falling asleep'

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/454...falling-asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Simi View Post
    Ice age on the way as scientists fear the Sun is 'falling asleep'

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/454...falling-asleep

nice ....

if Singapore can go down to 20-25 ...then we install 100 000 s of "hippos' throughout the island to soak up the humidity ...

Singapore will then be Heaven on Earth ..

I remember a friend went to spore to visit after I recommended him .. when he return to NYC he scolded me ...

called spore Hell on earth - referring to the heat and humidity

15 at night, 25 by day..... at night go marina bay, can wear nice jacket

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

It is the same vice versa.....
    If we go NYC during winter, we will definitely complain cold like hell, not a place for people to live!

nice ....

if Singapore can go down to 20-25 ...then we install 100 000 s of "hippos' throughout the island to soak up the humidity ...

Singapore will then be Heaven on Earth ..

I remember a friend went to spore to visit after I recommended him .. when he return to NYC he scolded me ...

called spore Hell on earth - referring to the heat and humidity

the nights have been very cooling of late...

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    It is the same vice versa.....
    If we go NYC during winter, we will definitely complain cold like hell, not a place for people to live!

I lived in spore for over 30 yrs ... and in NYC for 5 ...

I still find spore heat too unbearable ..while the bitter winter in NYC (-15 deg ) much more tolerable

after all one can put on more clothing to keep warm and still go outside ...

I cant strip naked in spore to keep cool can I ? even if I do, its dusty and humid ..

I lived in spore for over 30 yrs ... and in NYC for 5 ...

I still find spore heat too unbearable ..while the bitter winter in NYC (-15 deg ) much more tolerable

after all one can put on more clothing to keep warm and still go outside ...

I cant strip naked in spore to keep cool can I ? even if I do, its dusty and humid ..
    it depends on your age, many old folks die during winter .. at the end of the days also depends on how rich u are .. last time king has summer palace and winter palace
    Ride at your own risk !!!