Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Resale-flat prices may tumble 5-8 per cent

Default Resale-flat prices may tumble 5-8 per cent

http://business.asiaone.com/property...umble-5-8-cent

believable or not?

btw - COV is dropping too.

Perfect storm of falling resale price & disappearing COV for upgraders moving into the 2014-15 mass market glut?

What do you guys think of the knock on effect in the PC market?

Good. HDB should go back to basic. 300k for a 5 bedroom. It is public housing, not meant for profit. HDB at 1 million is a joke, a disgrace to Singaporeans. Hope HDB continue to drop. The more the merrier. 30 to 40% drop will be ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by EBD View Post
    http://business.asiaone.com/property...umble-5-8-cent

believable or not?

btw - COV is dropping too.

Perfect storm of falling resale price & disappearing COV for upgraders moving into the 2014-15 mass market glut?

lesser ppl able to upgrade to mass market condo.
    demand for mass market esp in ocr will take the lead for price softening.

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb View Post
    Good. HDB should go back to basic. 300k for a 5 bedroom. It is public housing, not meant for profit. HDB at 1 million is a joke, a disgrace to Singaporeans. Hope HDB continue to drop. The more the merrier. 30 to 40% drop will be ideal.
    I don't disagree - HDB should not be a crippling burden to the common man.

I was just wondering how many people have done all their dreamworld upgrade calculations on

1) low interest rates forever
    2) can borrow endless amounts at cheap prices (now got TDSR)
    3) assumed they could sell their HDB for super high price (now cooling measure begins to bite)
    4) assumed they would get big time COV for their HDB sale (as per 3)

i.e. everything going right & nothing going wrong.

HDB resale will not drop drastically but moderate to a limit of about 5% band. 2016 is not too far away.

if hdb resale price drop >10%, there will be a far cry papa cry mama liao
    current asking $500k-$600k lost $50k-$60k leh ... don't play play
    even without COV ... the artificial high valuation still stay
    if all hell break lose, invisible hand will come in to hold the market
    huat ah!!!

Is this a wind-up? Maybe foreigners on employment passes should be made to pay a defence tax of 10%, which goes to improving NSFs & NS Men incomes.

At 10% additional, it is still vastly lower than what they would need to pay in their home countries. How's that for a wind-up?

On a more serious note, I see a stable (or in other words, stagnant) market for the next 2-3 years in all segments. There is potential for ABSD to be reduced, in response to actual price movements.

Prices had increased much over these few years. Any drop in wont put sellers in negative equity... 10% is the min.

Who will buy resale now given the introduction of MSR, restriction of new SPR, good supply of BTO flats, etc. Upgraders who have committed to PCs will be caught on both ends.

I was just wondering how many people have done all their dreamworld upgrade calculations on

3) assumed they could sell their HDB for super high price (now cooling measure begins to bite)

That is why I say, HDB should just go back to basic. 200 to 300k resale can already. Profit for what? It is not meant to be profitted in the first place.

No la. All Singaporeans want HDB to be affordable. We shouldn't see 1M dollars transactions. This is stupid. HDB should be cheap. Buy 250k, sell 250k, period. If not, vote the government out.

Quote Originally Posted by wt_know View Post
    if hdb resale price drop >10%, there will be a far cry papa cry mama liao
    current asking $500k-$600k lost $50k-$60k leh ... don't play play
    even without COV ... the artificial high valuation still stay
    if all hell break lose, invisible hand will come in to hold the market
    huat ah!!!

No la. All Singaporeans want HDB to be affordable. We shouldn't see 1M dollars transactions. This is stupid. HDB should be cheap. Buy 250k, sell 250k, period. If not, vote the government out.
    while i agree 1M resale HDB transactions shouldn't be a norm, but i shall hold my breath as the Pinnacle approaches its 5yr MOP mark.

crazy bo?? bird talk leh ... To the layman: Now new HDB price already how much? u think resale can be lower than that? is HDB a property type which some dream to be a depreciating asset? ...To garmen: if the above occurs...it will cause a complete revamp of policies??

the consequences unimaginable....think about it when u hv nothing to do when doing yr big business.... in the loo...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157 View Post
    while i agree 1M resale HDB transactions shouldn't be a norm, but i shall hold my breath as the Pinnacle approaches its 5yr MOP mark.
    If buyer do not mind location. 1mio can still get some off skirt condos with decent facilities.

What say u..?

certainly it's possible, just can't be too picky about the location and size.
    however, we are talking about HDB resale flats now.

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157 View Post
    certainly it's possible, just can't be too picky about the location and size.
    however, we are talking about HDB resale flats now.
    It's a chain link factor, and especially prices can comfortablely pay for better status.. Even if its a resale Hdb topic

That is why I say, HDB should just go back to basic. 200 to 300k resale can already. Profit for what? It is not meant to be profitted in the first place.
    Do you think if there is any transaction at this price. The HDB holders have at least finished their primary school education, right?
    (1). assuming a HDB 3rm is only priced at 200k. No matter how lousy the location is, the rent of a 3rm HDB should be at least 1.5k. what's the yield?

(2). Assuming he die die wants to upgrade to PC, how much can the 200k help him? He can proceed only under one occasion: the PC price drops more than 50%.

No la. All Singaporeans want resale houses to drop and to be dirt cheap. This should be the way. It is a public housing, not meant to earn profit. HDB should control the price. Buy 250k, can only sell at 250k. No one should even earn $1 from HDB. And it is NOT an asset. HDB is a shelter, not an asset. In 2011, Singaporeans already voice out that 1M HDB is unacceptable. Luckily the Government listen to us but the Government need to do more. 500k for a 4 bedroom in buangkok is too expensive. Should be priced at 300k only.

Quote Originally Posted by peterng8 View Post
    crazy bo?? bird talk leh ... To the layman: Now new HDB price already how much? u think resale can be lower than that? is HDB a property type which some dream to be a depreciating asset? ...To garmen: if the above occurs...it will cause a complete revamp of policies??

the consequences unimaginable....think about it when u hv nothing to do when doing yr big business.... in the loo...LOL

1) What yield are we talking about? HDB should have never allow people to rent out their HDB, period. It is basic and public housing. It is a SUBSIDISED housing. Why are we allowing people to benefit from it? It is funded by tax payer and as a form of basic shelter only.

2) Want to upgrade, earn more. HDB shouldn't be used for profit. Singaporeans have already complained in 2011 GE. Oppositions are geniuses. HDB is way too expensive. Chee Soon Juan has the foresight. 50 to 100k flats that can only be resold back to HDB is the right policy.

Quote Originally Posted by lionhill View Post
    Do you think if there is any transaction at this price. The HDB holders have at least finished their primary school education, right?
    (1). assuming a HDB 3rm is only priced at 200k. No matter how lousy the location is, the rent of a 3rm HDB should be at least 1.5k. what's the yield?

(2). Assuming he die die wants to upgrade to PC, how much can the 200k help him? He can proceed only under one occasion: the PC price drops more than 50%.

1) What yield are we talking about? HDB should have never allow people to rent out their HDB, period. It is basic and public housing. It is a SUBSIDISED housing. Why are we allowing people to benefit from it? It is funded by tax payer and as a form of basic shelter only.

2) Want to upgrade, earn more. HDB shouldn't be used for profit. Singaporeans have already complained in 2011 GE. Oppositions are geniuses. HDB is way too expensive. Chee Soon Juan has the foresight. 50 to 100k flats that can only be resold back to HDB is the right policy.

Because you are comfortable the way things are working here that is why you are thinking this way.
    If you are living in other country where the masses rule, you will be shot.
    If you want to draw a greater line in Singapore, be prepared to protect yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by GIG View Post
    Because you are comfortable the way things are working here that is why you are thinking this way.
    If you are living in other country where the masses rule, you will be shot.
    If you want to draw a greater line in Singapore, be prepared to protect yourself.
    What are you talking about?

No matter how lousy the location is, the rent of a 3rm HDB should be at least 1.5k. what's the yield?.
    You must be very young. In 1998-early 200x, a 5rm flat near MRT is only renting for 1500.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Depends on where lah... Near Kovan MRT 5rm HDB flat only $1100 pm...
    HillView 3BR private condo unit also $1200 pm...

Quote Originally Posted by amk View Post
    You must be very young. In 1998-early 200x, a 5rm flat near MRT is only renting for 1500.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    Depends on where lah... Near Kovan MRT 5rm HDB flat only $1100 pm...
    HillView 3BR private condo unit also $1200 pm...
    Really? Surburbs like simei commanding 1.3-1.5k for 2br condos during the worst period after 97. 3 rm flat in the east is around $800 min.

Quote Originally Posted by RCT View Post
    What are you talking about?
    To achieve peace and progress
    We cannot have a system where
    If the rich puts out money, it will grow.
    And
    If the masses people puts out money, its finished.

The masses must also be put to have a stake.

Everyone must progress together but some will be faster than others that lead to social gap which in turns make the place unsafe. Singapore is doing quite well in this aspect but you can see more social benefits are given out in the last 5 years. It may be the initiation of other problems where people are waiting for handouts. This is sustainable only if a nation continues to do well. You can see the high attrition of lawyer in Singapore. People are getting impatient and like instant noodle (earn quick and easy money) but not long brewed tonic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GIG View Post
    To achieve peace and progress
    We cannot have a system where
    If the rich puts out money, it will grow.
    And
    If the masses people puts out money, its finished.

The masses must also be put to have a stake.

In 1998, 10kg rice cost about S$15, 900g baby milk powder cost about S$20.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

At that time, HillView just got started up, many new projects TOP, and relatively new, then hit by crisis... That is why, I always buy a property where the surroundings are fully built up, very little or no land to build new condo, not those with surrounding full of empty land or new condos still building up... See that consequence with HillView? Which place will be the next like HillView? JLD may be?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosy View Post
    Really? Surburbs like simei commanding 1.3-1.5k for 2br condos during the worst period after 97. 3 rm flat in the east is around $800 min.

In 1998, 10kg rice cost about S$15, 900g baby milk powder cost about S$20.
    You honestly think HDB rental today is a result of inflation ? Such that, as you put it, "any location a 3rm HDB can get 1500 rental" ?

You honestly think HDB rental today is a result of inflation ? Such that, as you put it, "any location a 3rm HDB can get 1500 rental" ?
    Honestly, i am not an expert on it. I only notice that some 3rm hdb are rented at S$2800, therefore, I just think it won't be difficult to rent a lousy HDB at half that price. At least, I do not mind moving from a good locaiton to a lousy location, if I can save the payment by that much. Afterall, SG is not that big, right?