Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Husband denied share of flat after divorce

Quote Originally Posted by Cupcakes View Post
    that's why sg woman go for ang moh?
    most likely.. angmo no happy just divorce.. wont wait for 20years.

Ong lai ah!

May be women here can help to answer why more SG women now go for Ang Mo? Nowsaday they also not richer, so why?

Quote Originally Posted by Cupcakes View Post
    that's why sg woman go for ang moh?

Quote Originally Posted by heehee View Post
    May be women here can help to answer why more SG women now go for Ang Mo? Nowsaday they also not richer, so why?
    All my GF never go for ang moh and i dun like ang moh and i duno why people like to say sg woman like to go for ang moh and i duno who i can go ask. i go open my eyes big big i only see pinoy and thai gals like ang moh. so why sg man dun say thai gals like ang mo???!!! WHYYYYYY????!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by heehee View Post
    dunno, mayb they feel ang mohs more romantic?
    but I cannot accept, diff races, diff cultural background

Quote Originally Posted by irisng View Post
    I think partly because of the law, if the wife initiates it, she won't get any compensation/allowance but if her husband initiates it, then he has to pay some compensation or allowance to his wife and support the children till they reach a certain age, that's why he also withdraw. Secondly, her children was still young, though she never talk to her husband but her husband still cares for the children and helped up with some of the manual work at home eg electrical etc. 要孩子不要老婆.
    oh, u mean wifey cannot get alimony by sueing for adultery ar?

Quote Originally Posted by onglai View Post
    watever it is, the judge decision is not based on public opinion.

but i oso think his man is a chow guniang. run road n let the wife bear the debt.
    now come back n fight with the wife for the flat.

this kind of man, deserve nothin in life!
    how can wife bear the HDB debt?
    CPF contribution by man is 9x those by the wife.
    in those days, people only use their CPF to pay for HDB loan.
    where got use cash one?
    even if wife become cleaner, also have CPF, also pay HDB by CPF.
    so definitely HDB is 90% paid by the man.

Most people think the judge is right to give the whole flat to the woman.
    My thinking is the judge give only because the flat is fully paid for.
    What if there still is a 70% HDB loan left on the flat?
    Do you think the judge's decision will be the same?
    Assign the entire flat (and HDB loan) to the wife?

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful View Post
    how can wife bear the HDB debt?
    CPF contribution by man is 9x those by the wife.
    in those days, people only use their CPF to pay for HDB loan.
    where got use cash one?
    even if wife become cleaner, also have CPF, also pay HDB by CPF.
    so definitely HDB is 90% paid by the man.

Most people think the judge is right to give the whole flat to the woman.
    My thinking is the judge give only because the flat is fully paid for.
    What if there still is a 70% HDB loan left on the flat?
    Do you think the judge's decision will be the same?
    Assign the entire flat (and HDB loan) to the wife?
    actually i dont quite understand your concern.. do u mean since the man paid for 90% of the flat, he shd be entitled to the majority share of the flat?
    Ong lai ah!

Quote Originally Posted by onglai View Post
    actually i dont quite understand your concern.. do u mean since the man paid for 90% of the flat, he shd be entitled to the majority share of the flat?
    I think hopeful feels that the man is short changed.
    He is putting himself in the man's shoes.
    Perhaps, he feels that the man should at least get back what he had contributed to the flat in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by princess_morbucks View Post
    Perhaps, he feels that the man should at least get back what he had contributed to the flat in the past.
    Then who should pay back the youth and life of the woman? This guy just walk away for 20 years. And this lady take care of this man daughter for 20 years single-handed. Who going to pay back.. Shameless and useless man.. Still darn to ask for money. The judge should ask this man to pay back the life of this woman who he vow to protect and love during ROM but in the end fail to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by princess_morbucks View Post
    actually i am more concerned about the judge's actions.
    1) how does one calculate indirect contributions? how does one calculate non-monetary contributions?

2) when a judge take into his own hands to define what is "just and equitable", then a lot of things is very much open to a judge's discretion and intepretation.
    3) and when he say the decision was based on unique circumstances. so just by saying unique circumstances he apply his own definition of "just and equitable".
    let's face it, every divorce is unique.
    so each judge will give unique decisions because every divorce is unique?

would the man be better off asking for divorce when he left the family 19 years ago?

19 years ago, would the judge give him at least partial proceeds from the asset division, sale of HDB?
    remember he pay 90% of HDB. and the accumulated non-financial contributions from the spouse 19 years ago would not be so great.

why didnt he?
    sometimes people do things for stupid reason like he "wanted his wife and daughter to have the comfort of home to live in".

what if 19 years ago the 2 divorce, the flat is split 50-50. The man's share goes from 90% to 50%. The man then buy over the woman's share, now 100% belong to the man.

The man let the woman and daughter stay in the flat, rent free.
    The woman pay for the renovations, utilities,household expenses and plus other intangible contributions.

after 19 years, would the woman still have a claim on the flat?

does a tenant paying rent have a claim on property ownership?

By the judge's action, husbands will now act swiftly for divorce proceedings. There will be less chances for getting back together because one year delay is one year more of intangible contributions.

would the man be better off asking for divorce when he left the family 19 years ago?

19 years ago, would the judge give him at least partial proceeds from the asset division, sale of HDB?
    remember he pay 90% of HDB. and the accumulated non-financial contributions from the spouse 19 years ago would not be so great.

why didnt he?
    sometimes people do things for stupid reason like he "wanted his wife and daughter to have the comfort of home to live in".
    if a person really feel tis way, he will volunteer to give the flat to the wifey even in the case of divorce.

anyway I tot tat there is a law saying tat if u occupy yr landlord hse for dunno how many yrs, can apply for ownership, something liddat?

why didnt he?
    if he filed for divorce then, the hdb probably cost 100-150k? assume fully paid then, and let's say the judge decide 50-50. he take back 75k, but then he will have to pay maintenance.. say $500/month. if u add these up over the years. he is not any better off.
    Ong lai ah!

Quote Originally Posted by 玉格格 View Post
    if a person really feel tis way, he will volunteer to give the flat to the wifey even in the case of divorce.

anyway I tot tat there is a law saying tat if u occupy yr landlord hse for dunno how many yrs, can apply for ownership, something liddat?
    that has been repealed. no more squatter rights (adverse possesion). unless have grandfather rights which i take it to mean you have fulfil the number of years of squatting before the law takes effect.

anyway, you need to register your squatter's right before landlord sell it away.
    once landlord sell it away before you register your rights, you lose your squatter's rights.
    see this case in singapore
    http://www.singaporelaw.sg/sglaw/law...s-2013-sghc-70

hopeful,
    actually is yr concern tat the verdict is unfair to guys?

wat if today the story changed. the wifey run road wif lover, abandoning children n husband.

now come back say wan to sell hse.

wat will be yr stand den?

hopeful,

wat if today the story changed. the wifey run road wif lover, abandoning children n husband.

the same thing applies, wife should have share if she contribute to the purchase of the house.

my concern is more with the judge. with 1 stroke of pen and his whim, he demolishes the property rights of a person, which is what is troubling.

if there need to be a formula, then let there be a formula on asset division so everybody can know where they stand with regards to divorce proceedings.

we have formula for taxes, stamp duties, so why can't we have a formula for asset division. lets quantity the intangibles.

the same thing applies, wife should have share if she contribute to the purchase of the house.

my concern is more with the judge. with 1 stroke of pen and his whim, he demolishes the property rights of a person, which is what is troubling.

if there need to be a formula, then let there be a formula on asset division so everybody can know where they stand with regards to divorce proceedings.

we have formula for taxes, stamp duties, so why can't we have a formula for asset division. lets quantity the intangibles.
    Im quite confident tat whatever amt tat a spouse has contributed fm cpf has to be refunded. so I believe in tis case, the flat is being awarded to the wife, n she has to sell it. afterwhich the hubby's contribution is returned to cpf and the wifey gets all of the remaining.

"When he took steps to divorce her last year, the issue of dealing with their joint asset and maintenance came up for a decision.
    District Judge Sowaran Singh ruled in June the flat was to be handed over to Madam Wee and with no order as to maintenance.

his share of the flat already contra with maintenance leow.
    Ong lai ah!

I don't know much about the law but isn't it there is a law to protect the woman. I know of a case, the husband wanted to divorce, so his wife demanded for his car and the private condo, he gave all to her. So I was wondering how about his CPF, isn't it that he needs to put back his CPF should the condo be sold later on?

oh, u mean wifey cannot get alimony by sueing for adultery ar?
    要捉奸在床 mah but I think she didn't have the proof.

I don't know much about the law but isn't it there is a law to protect the woman. I know of a case, the husband wanted to divorce, so his wife demanded for his car and the private condo, he gave all to her. So I was wondering how about his CPF, isn't it that he needs to put back his CPF should the condo be sold later on?
    isnt there a women charter?
    i noe many guys very buay song wif it due to the protection given to women wor.

pte im not sure but if is hdb nid to sell.

sometimes feel tat ppl is so funny.
    marry tat time merge all assets. part tat time everything oso calculative.

That's human, though not all but should say majority are like that. When in good terms, everything also can but when relationship goes sour, all the promises also gone especially when it involves a large amount of money.

You can refer to this website :

http://mycpf.cpf.gov.sg/CPF/my-cpf/buy-house/BH11.htm
    (general)

http://mycpf.cpf.gov.sg/CPF/my-cpf/buy-house/BH11.htm
    (wrt pte ppty)

hopeful,

do you guys remember a case ... this woman ran away with his bf ... without divorcing ....

the husband after many years wanted to sell the HDB ,,,but not approved cos SHE is still the coowner ... but the husband couldn't find her ,,, and shes not contactable ...

so jialat

I think our law is definitely UNFAIR to the guys

NOT PEOPLE ...its the women who want to merge assets ...

if the men don't agree ... then he can forget abt marrying her

women tend to judge love base on assets ... no trust = no love

so men L L

in the end men usually lose out

women need to know that the charter protects them ...

some day the same can happen to their sons ... only then they will understand how unfair the law is

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner View Post
    do you guys remember a case ... this woman ran away with his bf ... without divorcing ....

the husband after many years wanted to sell the HDB ,,,but not approved cos SHE is still the coowner ... but the husband couldn't find her ,,, and shes not contactable ...

so jialat

Some countries, All asset accumulated after marriage have to split into half. which one u prefer?

so jialat

maybe I'm not old enuff to noe tis case

but do u mean to say if a hubby run road a wifey can sell the hse even though the co-owner is not contactable?
    if yes, the law is bias wor.

NOT PEOPLE ...its the women who want to merge assets ...

if the men don't agree ... then he can forget abt marrying her

women tend to judge love base on assets ... no trust = no love

so men L L

in the end men usually lose out

women need to know that the charter protects them ...

some day the same can happen to their sons ... only then they will understand how unfair the law is
    not all women ba, cos I dun nid my spouse to merge assets wif me, but I expect his assets to be able to match me

so jialat

actually same as the case in this thread, if there is no divorce, the wife oso cannot sell the flat without the husband's approval as the husband is the co-tenant.

but i agree with you that court rulings always give more favour to the woman one...
    Ong lai ah!