Thread: Market sentiment after Fed Tapering.

Default Market sentiment after Fed Tapering.

can anyone assist me how to sell the private apartment in short time? how to advertise and how to attract the real buyer? I have 1 private apt, 3br,990 sqft, freehold, 10 mins walk to Kovan MRT, looking for real buyer, sell below valuation, bank valuation S$1.2mil, asking S$1.1mil. but this unit is rare for sales as it is exclusive.Pls help! Thanks

Posted by*Ms. Lim Lim*on*Dec 19, 2013*in*Advertising in PropertyGuru*|*66Views

i hv purchased a 2-bedroom condo unit last year. it will be 'TOP' in next 1-1/2yrs but i wish to sell it before TOP this yr or begining next yr. pls adv. thanks best regards irene

Posted by*Mdm. Irene Ang*on*Dec 17, 2013*in*Condo Questions*|*119*Views

Quote Originally Posted by oops View Post
    i hv purchased a 2-bedroom condo unit last year. it will be 'TOP' in next 1-1/2yrs but i wish to sell it before TOP this yr or begining next yr. pls adv. thanks best regards irene

Posted by*Mdm. Irene Ang*on*Dec 17, 2013*in*Condo Questions*|*119*Views
    if u plan to sell right before TOP u might have to do it before actual TOP. why coz many people also have similar thoughts. If not be prepared to service it for min 6mths after TOP coz people will have many uints to choose from etc. so either sell before TOP or rent out 2 yrs then sell. thats my thought.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

Fake sentiments. Real fire sale is to sell 40% below last transacted, sure deal in 1 day.

how long is the contract i have to take if i engage an exclusive agent?is it 6 mths?what happened if after 6 mths my flat is still not being sold?do i still need to pay the agent for his advertising cost?

Posted by*Anonymous*on*Jan 1, 2014*in*General Questions*|*23*Views

, which is better exclusive listing or open listing for my flat sale?commission % how much?which will help to sell off my flat fast and get good price?

Posted by*Anonymous*on*Jan 1, 2014*in*Home Selling*|*35*Views

can anyone assist me how to sell the private apartment in short time? how to advertise and how to attract the real buyer? I have 1 private apt, 3br,990 sqft, freehold, 10 mins walk to Kovan MRT, looking for real buyer, sell below valuation, bank valuation S$1.2mil, asking S$1.1mil. but this unit is rare for sales as it is exclusive.Pls help! Thanks

Posted by*Ms. Lim Lim*on*Dec 19, 2013*in*Advertising in PropertyGuru*|*66Views

Put on auction, reserve 30% below valuation, sure sell in 1 day.
    狮子王 (formerly blackjack21trader): READ MY LIPS: NO MORE CRASH FOR 60 YEARS.

our mop is in april, is it too early for us to start finding agents and market our property?

Posted by*Anonymous*on*Jan 5, 2014*in*Home Selling*|*65*Views

*intending to sell my 1173sqf 2+1condo at Mount Faber@The Pearl, how much will i be able to sell?

Posted by*Mr. edmund chua*on*Jan 5, 2014*in*Home Selling*|*79*Views

Default How the latest move from Fed affects Singapore’s economy BY RAYMOND FOO

The Federal Reserve recently announced a cut back to its massive $85 billion monthly Quantitative Easing (QE) program after a two days policy meeting. The modest reduction of the monthly bond purchase level to $75 billion is seen as a signal on the confidence of US economy in maintaining a sustainable recovery.
    The Fed’s latest move, which has been highly anticipated, will have profound impacts on Singapore given the openness nature of our economy.
    Non-conventional tool
    The Fed has been tapping onto non-conventional tool in its navigation process to investors since the onset of the financial crisis. One of such measures is by introducing forward guidance.
    Indeed, market investors often form expectations on the interest rate level and such expectations can have impact on the real side of the economy. Influencing expectations of investors through forward guidance gives confidence and predictably in the mist of uncertainty on the policy path in the post-crisis phase.
    It helps to reiterate the Fed’s communication policy and intended aims to investors to prevent huge volatility in the equity markets often due to speculation or doubt on Fed’s creditability in sustaining a low interest rate regime for the next few years.
    Flow of capital
    When interest rate is low due to the QE program, there has been an outflow of capital in search for higher returns. Singapore has benefited from the inflow of such capital though not without costs.
    The inflow of capital has seen inflationary pressure on local economy.
    Singapore has used its monetary tool by having a modest appreciation of currency to cope with inflation. With the recovery seen in US, there may be certain degree of capital outflow from Singapore back to the US in anticipation of future interest rate hike.
    A higher interest rate is often associated with a cheaper valuation of bonds due to falling bond prices. This inverse relationship means a higher yield for bond.
    Investors may tend to pull out from the equity market that has been largely supported by the massive QE program. Equities may see some level of correction partly due to the expectation of higher corporate borrowing cost in future that may hurt profit and earning margin in the medium term.
    Merger and Acquisition (M&A)
    With equities rise to a considerable level, firms may be discouraged to engage in M&A. Often, for acquisition, firms have to pay a potential of at least 30% above the closing market equity prices.
    This is too stiff a price to pay for the acquirer. A correction in the equity market induced by further prospect of tapering will allow prices to fall back to a more fundamental level.
    This may encourage and boost M&A locally and in the region.
    Less disruptive tapering process
    The QE program beginning from 2008 has often been politically criticized as creating inflationary pressure to emerging markets especially in Asia due to money flowing to the region in search for higher returns. The tapering process if result in higher interest in the US may eventually lead to a reverse flow of capital from emerging markets back to the US.
    This process is likely to be disruptive for countries like Singapore who has seen the flow of capital to its shore since the financial crisis.
    However, the Fed has sufficient tools to ensure interest rate remains low and the transition to the normalization of the economy remains sound. There have been considerable excess bank reserves.
    The Fed can reduce the interest paid to these excess reserves and thus provide an incentive for banks to invest their reserves into the financial market in search for higher returns. This would help to ameliorate the effect of a reduction in liquidity within the financial market during the on-going process of tapering.
    While such tool may have limited effect since not all financial institutions keep reserves, it can potentially encourages banks to return to their normalize lending in the post-crisis era. This can help to project confidence to investors that tapering will not result in immediate interest rate hike and Singapore will benefit from a more predictable and certainty interest climate in the US.
    Conclusion
    While the Fed has begun its tapering process, Singapore has a strong financial foundation to cope with the changing external monetary policies in the post-crisis period by other nations.
    It should be anticipated that further tapering in bit size is in store for the future as the growing confidence of US economic recovery gains momentum. In fact, the tapering process should be seen as a green sign for Singapore as the country stands to benefit from a stronger economic health of key economic powerhouses in the world.

- See more at: http://sbr.com.sg/markets-investing/....7Jx09OQw.dpuf

http://www.stproperty.sg/articles-pr...-2014/a/148888

The US Fed tapering of the stimulus measures is expected to impact Singapore’s property market by way of*higher mortgage rates*which makes financing a property more expensive. Coupled with TDSR, financing is expected to be a major concern for property buyers and investors this year.*

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

In my personal opinion, Fed tapering would have no effect on Singapore mortgage rates because Singapore mortgage rate is short-term and is floating, and Fed short-term floating rate is unlikely to go up much, if any, in next 3 years (unlikely to exceed 1.5% in next 3 years!)...

If property prices crash, it is because of poor buyers sentiment, started off mainly by CMs such as ABSD, and TDSR...
    If you look at how TDSR is calculated, you will find they are quite arbitrary rules and some quite absurb (have the effect of discouraging asset rich people from buying properties)...
    And ABSD is just plainly biased policies against foreigners and PRs...

http://www.stproperty.sg/articles-pr...-2014/a/148888

The US Fed tapering of the stimulus measures is expected to impact Singapore’s property market by way of*higher mortgage rates*which makes financing a property more expensive. Coupled with TDSR, financing is expected to be a major concern for property buyers and investors this year.*

i have a 4 room flat that MOP is due in march this year. Can i put it out for sale now and arrange for first appointment the moment my MOP is due?

Posted by Mr. james yeo on Jan 9, 2014 in HDB Questions | 45 Views