Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Martin Place Residences (D9, Freehold, Frasers Centrepoint)

Quote Originally Posted by Condo Kaiser
    Any realiable source that can verify this incident in MPR? I can't seem to find it in any newpaper or websites apart from this forum?

Simply saying your maid or kid saw it is not good enough for me.
    Well good for you then..... didn't realise I owed you anything at all.
    Try calling up the managing agent, police or ambulance service if this is not good enough for your standard. No one will stop you.

jeez.... just share info get this kind of comment.

you can ignore the comment. thanks for sharing. this is a forum, that's what its for.

Quote Originally Posted by EBD
    Try calling up the managing agent, police or ambulance service if this is not good enough for your standard. No one will stop you.

Quote Originally Posted by EBD

I agree with EBD. People come here to share information.

The Kaiser guy - You think u CID? But I want you to declare whether you are an owner in MPR trying to musk out information to protect your interest ?

Kudos to EBD - thanks to your kids, maids, and all those who give u info.

DKSG
    Stay Calm and Cool

Any realiable source that can verify this incident in MPR? I can't seem to find it in any newpaper or websites apart from this forum?

Simply saying your maid or kid saw it is not good enough for me.
    wait for more suicide cases in MPR swimming pool, then every time it happened, it will be reported in the news.
    One suicide at a place is random happening.
    two suicides coincidence
    three suicides then......

Are you still interested to purchase 1br MPR?

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    wait for more suicide cases in MPR swimming pool, then every time it happened, it will be reported in the news.
    two suicides coincidence

don't do anything rash, hopeful. We all love you. It is stupid to do anything drastic just because you lose money by holding CCR properties. life is precious.

same message to teddybear.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

No no no. We are very cool, waiting for 50% crash in CCR (if it ever happen)! Tell us, what you are expecting so that we can buy ahead of you?

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    don't do anything rash, hopeful. We all love you. It is stupid to do anything drastic just because you lose money by holding CCR properties. life is precious.

Why did you come to the conclusion that those who hold CCR properties are losing money?

Quote Originally Posted by CCR
    Why did you come to the conclusion that those who hold CCR properties are losing money?
    because they kept talking about suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    two suicides coincidence

Lol.. i am still looking to buy 1br at MPR leh... but not at current prices... As I have said before, I am not looking to buy anything at current prices but if i buy it will be CCR.

If suicide is real then i will use it to my advantage in bargaining which is why i wanted to confirm the source.

Usually this kind of suicide/unatural death which occurs in an unusual manner (naked women in sentosa cove mansion / ang moh jumping off from unit into pool and dies etc) will be reported in a highly elaborated manner in the chinese tabloids with many speculation and follow up stories. I checked my mother's papers for the past few weeks but cannot find leh... if a women dying in the middle of the night in a secluded mansion can get discoverd, surely the newsman will snoop out this story right?

Anyway like many have said, this is a forum so i'm here to discuss. not to talk up or down any projects... no need to get so defensive when someone questions your comment, i apologies if you find my tone offensive in the previous post. Take a deep breathe and you will realise it was just a harmless question.

thanks for clarification. your tone did sound offensive to EBD though I m not vested.

anyway, i think normally tabloids will pick out mis adventures like if the guy wanted to jump into the pool for fun/on a dare (as per a previous case from a rooftop restn). but for some reason, suicide is usually not widely covered.

Lol.. i am still looking to buy 1br at MPR leh... but not at current prices... As I have said before, I am not looking to buy anything at current prices but if i buy it will be CCR.

If suicide is real then i will use it to my advantage in bargaining which is why i wanted to confirm the source.

Usually this kind of suicide/unatural death which occurs in an unusual manner (naked women in sentosa cove mansion / ang moh jumping off from unit into pool and dies etc) will be reported in a highly elaborated manner in the chinese tabloids with many speculation and follow up stories. I checked my mother's papers for the past few weeks but cannot find leh... if a women dying in the middle of the night in a secluded mansion can get discoverd, surely the newsman will snoop out this story right?

Anyway like many have said, this is a forum so i'm here to discuss. not to talk up or down any projects... no need to get so defensive when someone questions your comment, i apologies if you find my tone offensive in the previous post. Take a deep breathe and you will realise it was just a harmless question.

because they kept talking about suicide.
    What do you mean? The guy who jump down holds CCR properties and its going down hence he jump? or suicide happens in MPR hence it means all CCR properties owners losing money?

Do you think it is still advisable to buy Martin Place now at this price?
    i am looking for own stay.
    2Bedroom

Quote Originally Posted by allenng
    Do you think it is still advisable to buy Martin Place now at this price?
    i am looking for own stay.
    2Bedroom
    Generally, it is not advisable to upgrade during a seemingly peak market. On the other hand, downgrade is a viable option.

anyone know the mthly maintenance fee for 2br?

Quote Originally Posted by roly8
    anyone know the mthly maintenance fee for 2br?
    $280+GST I think

ok ..thanks alot

Viewed MPR as part of my "research all the big D9 developments" project this past weekend.

Comments:
    a. before viewing the unit, I simply could not fathom why MPR commands a significant premium pricing relative to the other condos
    b. condo facilities only so-so
    c. ground floor entrance, lobby, pool, etc. are only above average
    d. BUT the layout (I saw Stack 08) and quality of the units are impressive! Miele fittings, nice marble, proper timber flooring, and good facing units.
    e. need to be careful about the empty plot of land (supposedly belongs to HDB) just to the south. Lower / mid floor units might get obstructed. Starlight Suites is still being built, and as far as I can see, the floors which are still being constructed at SS come up to around 25 or 26 floor of MPR (SS has 35 stories, but is on lower ground by maybe 5 or 6 floors?).
    f. launch price for the 2-bedder high floor units was around $16xx psf
    g. agent claims that price just before TOP in 2011 was only around $1900 for the mid floor units - dunno if true
    h. maintenance for 2-bedder is $380 a month

The unit looks much nicer in real life than in the photos, but for what it's worth:

Recessed parts of the pool for making out / private functions

Lift lobby (and my agent playing soccer with a little kid... heh):

Sky terrace facilities. Not as nice as Citylights, with the jaccuzis

Amazing views. The photos do not do the panorama justice

2 angles of the living room

Master bedroom

Master bathroom - nice quality fittings, and open concept

Kitchen

its a nice project. during the launch mid floor 2 bedder was going for $1400-1500psf.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

Hi starrynight, thanks for sharing the nice photos. The unit you viewed must be a very high floor one. Can you advise above which level then won't be block by Oleanas?

Hi, I don't know for sure, but the unit I viewed was low 30s floor, so from the photo I have, my best guess is that 23rd or 24th floor onwards should not be obstructed by Oleanas?

Quote Originally Posted by value
    Hi starrynight, thanks for sharing the nice photos. The unit you viewed must be a very high floor one. Can you advise above which level then won't be block by Oleanas?

Quote Originally Posted by starrynight
    Hi, I don't know for sure, but the unit I viewed was low 30s floor, so from the photo I have, my best guess is that 23rd or 24th floor onwards should not be obstructed by Oleanas?
    Thanks! MPR looks really nice, but the asking price is always so high...

Buy Rivergate lah - cheaper, and I personally think its overall value proposition is better than MPR

p/s: I'm vested in Rivergate

Quote Originally Posted by value
    Thanks! MPR looks really nice, but the asking price is always so high...

Buy Rivergate lah - cheaper, and I personally think its overall value proposition is better than MPR

p/s: I'm vested in Rivergate

I think so too. Saw your earlier posts on Rivergate. Congrats on your purchase! For me, I still need to overcome the mental hurdle of paying ABSD

Only the last few (say 4-5) floors of MPR is worth considering. But of course cannot come with too much a premium.

I viewed some units 20+- floors. Even if not blocked by Oleanas, the view just over the top of the Oleanas is really bad with point and short angles pointing into the unit. And the land size is small too!

MPR was also one of my consideration before settling for RiverGate.

DKSG

price flat at 2400psf

2013-04-22 #XX-XX 646 2,400psf 2011-03-28 1,850 355,300 756 13.4
    Ride at your own risk !!!

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

No more news of the suicide case?

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    price flat at 2400psf

2013-04-22 #XX-XX 646 2,400psf 2011-03-28 1,850 355,300 756 13.4

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    No more news of the suicide case?
    I think people got over the suicide case already.

Now the focus seems to be the decaying cash sitting in bank accounts - rotting.

Prices is likely to inch up to $2.5k sometime this year...

DKSG

Was there a suicide case at MPR?