Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Martin Place Residences (D9, Freehold, Frasers Centrepoint)

Sometimes some of you amuse me.

I'm merely saying the yields may not be attractive for this investment. I'm an investor and not too obsessed with boundaries drawn by the government. I just invest in whatver investment that gives me the best CASH FLOWS. I've already said numerous times, in a market where capital values is close to the peak, yields become increasingly important. It may not be important to you, but it may be important to some of us here. Before I came into this forum, few people even mention the word "yield". Most of the discussion is about PRC anyhow buy at any price.

And don't be so sensitive. Nobody is attacking any of your property. Some people have to live within certain boundaries and limitations. Some people keep their options open. Obviously if there is Icon at 1300psf as stated by someone above, I will consider as well. And there is no such thing as only CCR can give long term capital returns.

And for primary residence, once I start a family, I would prefer cluster housing with >3000psf. For a low price of only $2 million plus, u can get one at D19 or D16 with huge space. And you give your family so much space and u can hv a dogs which makes a family complete. In my mind, there is no need to be in a swanky district. Different strokes for different folks. There is no right or wrong.

And some of us want to retire young leh. Obviously its better if I see my cash flows coming in every month so that I can spend mah. It's important to me, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    You are the one that's completely wrong.

When ppl are buying primarily for residence, and hence prefer CCR and close to town and school, for both capital preservation and convenience, you blast them with " what's big deal about near town and good school" etc.

When ppl are buying primarily for investment, and also prefer CCR for long term capital appreciation even though the yield might be lower at times, but is a quality asset which has a floor at down market, you blast them again with " OCR yields better" and "you are only buying for primary residence".

Do you know your second argument already indirectly rebuts your first argument ?

You do not want to admit, but it's clear your only criteria in pty investment is yield. So if you have 5m equity, you will do 10 OCRs is that correct ?

In my last post I tried to be polite and just implied that most ppl here do not have the capacity to play with 5m, so it's impossible to engage in a meaningful discussion on investment in CCR. You went further and start labeling ppl investing in CCR as "primary residences only" ? You are incredibly narrow minded. There are quite a few ppl here with multiple investments in both CCR , RCR and quality OCRs (like D15 trying to profit from all the NRIs) etc.
    Last edited by Wild Falcon; 31-10-11 at 10:52.

just to add: there r ppl who invest multiple small units too....bullman is super rich and smtime buy multiple 1bdrs

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    how u guys know when its not even caveated

anyway the market so bad ar....1350psf for 2nd flr 2bdr is like recession firesale

i tink basic is correct!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Caveat already la. U chk in ura website. But I don't know if it's a loft 1br or 2br. I know someone paid 1750psf for 8/9 flr 2br few weeks ago. 1350 gd rite! I also want!!! Cfm gd yield. Devil sure happy. Met his 1st criteria

Let's not jump to conclusion too quickly, I usually consider this as outliner. 1 transaction in a sea of av 1.7-1.8k psf mean nothing. It could be a unit sold to their son/daughter or relative etc.. I know my friend just got married and his mom sold her telok blangah heights to his son at way below valuation.

Afterall, first owner still earn a cool 700k after holding for 8yrs, not bad if factor in rental

ICON 10 Gopeng Street #02-17 1 84 Strata 1,240,000 14762 1371 29-SEP-2011 Apartment 99 Yrs From 29/01/2002 2007 Resale Private 02 07 078878 Central Region Downtown Core
    ICON 10 Gopeng Street #02-17 1 84 Strata 542,333 6456 600 30-JUL-2003 Apartment 99 Yrs From 29/01/2002 Uncompleted New Sale Private 02 07 078878 Central Region Downtown Core

Quote Originally Posted by newbie11
    Caveat already la. U chk in ura website. But I don't know if it's a loft 1br or 2br. I know someone paid 1750psf for 8/9 flr 2br few weeks ago. 1350 gd rite! I also want!!! Cfm gd yield. Devil sure happy. Met his 1st criteria
    even if firesale, you wun even see it on classified ads. This one no brainer, agent dun even need to do any work... buyer go agent house give cheque and he juz sit there collect comm

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    I'm an investor and not too obsessed with boundaries drawn by the government.
    nobody is obsessed with boundaries. I'm merely pointing out the misplaced faith in yield when market is high. The potential downside when market is down must not be overlooked.

I just invest in whatver investment that gives me the best CASH FLOWS.
    This is where we disagree fundamentally. I do not invest in pty just for cash flows. There are other vehicle for such purpose, because pty rental is not a guaranteed coupon. When market is down your yield vanishes. For me the stronger factor is capital preservation and long term appreciation. The yield needs not be fantastic to be a good buy. Just need to be normal. 3% yield at an interest rate environment of 1% is good enough.

nobody is obsessed with boundaries. I'm merely pointing out the misplaced faith in yield when market is high. The potential downside when market is down must not be overlooked.

This is where we disagree fundamentally. I do not invest in pty just for cash flows. There are other vehicle for such purpose, because pty rental is not a guaranteed coupon. When market is down your yield vanishes. For me the stronger factor is capital preservation and long term appreciation. The yield needs not be fantastic to be a good buy. Just need to be normal. 3% yield at an interest rate environment of 1% is good enough.
    Bro, r u sure normal yield only 3%

Bro, r u sure normal yield only 3%
    this is the prevailing yield right now in CCR normal units. why ?

this is the prevailing yield right now in CCR normal units. why ?
    to me 4% is normal

mabe tats y ccr ppty px been stagnant for a while?

proudowner's fren regretted buying 1devonshire

well you obviously havent seen the top 30 condos rental yield, but here it is again:

Devilplate bought units long time ago. Rental yield is obviously is relatively higher.
    Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    well you obviously havent seen the top 30 condos rental yield, but here it is again:

to me 4% is normal

mabe tats y ccr ppty px been stagnant for a while?

proudowner's fren regretted buying 1devonshire
    ccr stagnant not really because of rent. it's sentiment. after CM4 u know practically all resale large quantum transactions stopped.

1devon now traded > 2k psf what ? why regret ? just like this martin place (sorry finally back to topic), now at least > 1900 psf, compared with 15xx cost, ok what , no ?

ccr stagnant not really because of rent. it's sentiment. after CM4 u know practically all resale large quantum transactions stopped.

1devon now traded > 2k psf what ? why regret ? just like this martin place (sorry finally back to topic), now at least > 1900 psf, compared with 15xx cost, ok what , no ?
    1dev launched 1.8 to 2kpsf wor...

1Dev should be 2.4k psf now~ selling price

1dev launched 1.8 to 2kpsf wor...
    So high meh? Which year was that?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan0503
    So high meh? Which year was that?
    late 09

actually launch px was quite high indeed

late 09

actually launch px was quite high indeed
    Maybe $1.8 - 2K psf is for the high floor good facing units?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan0503
    Maybe $1.8 - 2K psf is for the high floor good facing units?
    You have to know how allgreen market their units, they never sell the units in phases.. they micro manage their sales very carefully, sell abit up abit sell abit up more, same goes with skysuites @ anson.
    As those units on low floor, very cheap psf are taken up by allgreen staff/director and ex-owners, and top flr with gd views are also snapped up, you are left with the half baked units.. high flr yes >15flrs but blocked view, essentially paying premium for high flr no views

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Ai yoh, yield high means risk higher mah.
    Buying property to earn 4% yield only and price stuck almost forever or even negative after adjusting for inflation? Might as well buy Russia Ruble bond at >11% yield! (give you some tips - others interested can also buy, but watch your risk hor!)

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Sometimes some of you amuse me.

I'm merely saying the yields may not be attractive for this investment. I'm an investor and not too obsessed with boundaries drawn by the government. I just invest in whatver investment that gives me the best CASH FLOWS. I've already said numerous times, in a market where capital values is close to the peak, yields become increasingly important. It may not be important to you, but it may be important to some of us here. Before I came into this forum, few people even mention the word "yield". Most of the discussion is about PRC anyhow buy at any price.

And don't be so sensitive. Nobody is attacking any of your property. Some people have to live within certain boundaries and limitations. Some people keep their options open. Obviously if there is Icon at 1300psf as stated by someone above, I will consider as well. And there is no such thing as only CCR can give long term capital returns.

And for primary residence, once I start a family, I would prefer cluster housing with >3000psf. For a low price of only $2 million plus, u can get one at D19 or D16 with huge space. And you give your family so much space and u can hv a dogs which makes a family complete. In my mind, there is no need to be in a swanky district. Different strokes for different folks. There is no right or wrong.

And some of us want to retire young leh. Obviously its better if I see my cash flows coming in every month so that I can spend mah. It's important to me, at least.

perhaps you guys should confine general discussions to non-specific condo threads.

People interested in MPR would be sifting through minefields of non-related info.

Quote Originally Posted by ahkongkid
    perhaps you guys should confine general discussions to non-specific condo threads.

People interested in MPR would be sifting through minefields of non-related info.
    haha yah paiseh... tend to get excited and might go off-topic. Its sad that this forum is still largely non-moderated and that's why you can see another lame thread on this forum with so many pages of crap

Quote Originally Posted by ahkongkid

not that many people interested in MPR though.

Dtrax, your 2011q3 data seems to be different from the URA website.
    If download their pdf, the pier and vida median rental above 7psf already.

Ya i did do a compare and it seems different. My data is taken from ura realis.

ura realis = must pay = better/more accurate?

pdf on ura website = free = overstated to deceive public? LOL!

Ya i did do a compare and it seems different. My data is taken from ura realis.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    ura realis = must pay = better/more accurate?

pdf on ura website = free = overstated to deceive public? LOL!
    what if DC33's tenant check Realis, and realise that is lower than the free data shown by DC33. Would DC33 revise the rental??

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    what if DC33's tenant check Realis, and realise that is lower than the free data shown by DC33. Would DC33 revise the rental??
    LOL Maybe I will donate the difference to charity every month!

But I curious leh, how come never see clift rental yet?

But I curious leh, how come never see clift rental yet?
    i aso vy curious

i received smses stating 1 bdr at clift selling wif tenancy of 4.5k and 4.8k......how they manage to get such high rental......i only get 4k

i aso vy curious

i received smses stating 1 bdr at clift selling wif tenancy of 4.5k and 4.8k......how they manage to get such high rental......i only get 4k
    how much they selling for? can get more than 4.5% yield with 4.5k-4.8k?
    or do basically they jack up the selling price such that yield is 4%.