Page 100 of 117 FirstFirst ... 70758085909596979899100101102103104105110115 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 3,000 of 3489

Thread: Waterfront Waves (D16, 99 year LH, Frasers Centrepoint / Far East Organization)

I think it is indeed worth a review to expand the road since the load will be high once all 4 developments are completed, regardless of MRT. Maybe this could be done in conjunction with the plan to revamp the Reservoir area. I read in the papers today that George is asking for feedback through his FB right?

More lanes is good... But lta need to solve the bottkeneck created at the intersection btw bedok reservoir road n bedok north ave 3.

There is a bus stop located vry close to this traffic junction. Most of d time there will be 2-3 busses queing to tak n unload pessangers until some vehicles r actually stucked behind the buses, at the middle of the intersection.

I pass by this intersection every morning so im vry clear abt d condition.

Quote Originally Posted by acewee
    I think it is indeed worth a review to expand the road since the load will be high once all 4 developments are completed, regardless of MRT. Maybe this could be done in conjunction with the plan to revamp the Reservoir area. I read in the papers today that George is asking for feedback through his FB right?

Can always write in If make enough noise on the internet, the authorities will take the feedback. I believe the connectivity of this line is heavily flawed. Either LTA start linking underground walkways between the stations that are closeby to existing NS or EW line - so it's not that hot to walk to change trains across different lines. Or else, I suspect it will take forever to get to Orchard or even Raffles Place. After all, 10 stations only get to Jalan Besar and then no connectivity how?

Anyway, I think most will end up driving. Looking at the no. of stations to hit Raffles Place or even Orchard, I suspect it will be underutlilised. Most can only tahan 10-12 stations. [/quote]

People staying in this area should collectively write in to LTS or voice out to your MP via the Meet-the-people session. It may help.
    Quote Originally Posted by noblebaby
    More lanes is good... But lta need to solve the bottkeneck created at the intersection btw bedok reservoir road n bedok north ave 3.

There is a bus stop located vry close to this traffic junction. Most of d time there will be 2-3 busses queing to tak n unload pessangers until some vehicles r actually stucked behind the buses, at the middle of the intersection.

I pass by this intersection every morning so im vry clear abt d condition.

So your idea and believe of standing up to what is wrong is to write in forums. I'm disappointed my fren. After all your talk on speaking up and doing what is right, your best is to make noise on forums. I thought you have done or will be doing something officially to highlight to the authorities to improve flawed projects since you feel its the right thing to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Can always write in If make enough noise on the internet, the authorities will take the feedback. I believe the connectivity of this line is heavily flawed. Either LTA start linking underground walkways between the stations that are closeby to existing NS or EW line - so it's not that hot to walk to change trains across different lines. Or else, I suspect it will take forever to get to Orchard or even Raffles Place. After all, 10 stations only get to Jalan Besar and then no connectivity how?

Anyway, I think most will end up driving. Looking at the no. of stations to hit Raffles Place or even Orchard, I suspect it will be underutlilised. Most can only tahan 10-12 stations.
    [/quote]

Default DTL3 16 Stations Location Maps

Expo

Upper Changi

Tampines East

Tampines

Tampines West

Bedok Reservoir

Bedok Town Park

Kakit Bukit

Ubi

MacPherson

Mattar

Kallang Bahru

Jalan Besar

Sungei Road

Bencoolen

River Valley

Hi,

Thanks for posting the pictures. Can share where did you get this information? Would love to read the write up

This is taken from yesterday issue of LianHe ZaoBao. The title of the report is property price beside DTL3 stations will gradually increase by 5-15% in the coming 7 yrs.

Quote Originally Posted by munchies
    Hi,

Thanks for posting the pictures. Can share where did you get this information?
    Would love to read the write up

Hi,

Thanks.. I suppose both you and Ken has a unit at waterfront collection yah.. Congrats man

Hey devilplate, do you notice that the proximity between Bencoolen (DTL) and Bras Besah (Circle Line) makes it a possibility for another link?

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    hehe...now exploring the whole mrt system...

just realised places like farrer road stn takes 8 stops to hit tanjong pagar or raffles plc stn...quite a number of stops

Quote Originally Posted by DAVID
    The Waterfront collection is definitely better in term of view and distance from the MRT station.
    View I'm not so sure. Distance to mrt yes waterfront wins. "Community" dense but waterfront wins. Living surrounding perhaps estuary but depends on what u want. Leisure, serene, family estuary wins. Price obvious waterfront wins!

Hey devilplate, do you notice that the proximity between Bencoolen (DTL) and Bras Besah (Circle Line) makes it a possibility for another link?
    yes possible for an underground link...actually dtl3 wud be perfect if it connects to dhoby ghuat stn or bras basah stn instead of creating another redundant bencoolen stn...i guess due to construction constraints

thanks. we have. if i m not wrong, u hav unit at The Tropica, right?

Quote Originally Posted by munchies
    Hi,

Thanks.. I suppose both you and Ken has a unit at waterfront collection yah.. Congrats man

Layout wise, WFW wins by several kilometers.

u owner of Estuary? nice place la!

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    View I'm not so sure. Distance to mrt yes waterfront wins. "Community" dense but waterfront wins. Living surrounding perhaps estuary but depends on what u want. Leisure, serene, family estuary wins. Price obvious waterfront wins!

i m sure the MRT alignment is designed by a group of genius & expert, wat we know they knew better than us. i agreed, most likely due to technical difficulties.

There maybe smaller version of "circle line" introduced in the future to connect up all the lines. Gov also wants to manage cost mah, supply & demand.

yes possible for an underground link...actually dtl3 wud be perfect if it connects to dhoby ghuat stn or bras basah stn instead of creating another redundant bencoolen stn...i guess due to construction constraints

Did you not read about the "writing in" part? Anyway, I think I counted wrongly. Bedok Reservoir probably needs to take 2 stations further east to Tampines interchange and then change to EW line to go Raffles Place. So should be 14 stations + 2 waiting time. My bad - I said 15 stations but 14 stations is still not ideal. My conclusion is that it's not meant to be radial line like DTL2 - that's why no interchanges near the city. It's more like circle-line "feeder MRT" service, i.e. take your feeder MRT to Tampines or Macpherson to interchange.

DTL2 is much better - interchanges at Botanic Gardens (CCL), Newton (NS) and Little India (NE), Bugis (EW). Doesn't make you move "backwards" to interchange and waste precious time.

Anyway, I still haven't figured out how to get to Orchard Road from here. - probably take close to 17 stations just to reach shopping district. Unless you do major transfers and walking from stations to stations.

This DTL just end at River Valley like that? Super weird man!

So your idea and believe of standing up to what is wrong is to write in forums. I'm disappointed my fren. After all your talk on speaking up and doing what is right, your best is to make noise on forums. I thought you have done or will be doing something officially to highlight to the authorities to improve flawed projects since you feel its the right thing to do?

[/quote]

Even if there is a link, it is high likely to be a paid link. The names of the stations are different - which means tap your card again to get in.

Even if there is a link, it is high likely to be a paid link. The names of the stations are different - which means tap your card again to get in.
    this is whr the distance based system comes in

[/quote]

i mentioned earlier dtl3 take 12 stn from bedok reservoir to hit telok ayer stn which is in between raffles plc and tanjong pagar...it goes this way: RV-->chinatown-->telok ayer stn-->connects to dtl2

the only problem of dtl3: cannot connect to NS line at the central....

whole list of downtown1,2,3 stations can be found here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Downtown_MRT_Line

dtl2: from hillview to bayfront stn takes 12 stops

y just based on orchard as the reference point?

Layout wise, WFW wins by several kilometers.

u owner of Estuary? nice place la!
    yes i agree....more usable livable space and bedrooms definitely bigger

but, dun have to pay a premium to have reservoir view for estuary lor....tats the plus point

If you would like to go to Raffles Station from Reservoir Station, may i suggest you take DTL3 to Macpherson, change to Paya Lebar, then E-W to Raffles Place Station....11 Stations plus some waiting time. Then again, even with this route you'll probably say its too troublesome bcoz need to change. No win situation I suppose.

Did you not read about the "writing in" part? Anyway, I think I counted wrongly. Bedok Reservoir probably needs to take 2 stations further east to Tampines interchange and then change to EW line to go Raffles Place. So should be 14 stations + 2 waiting time. My bad - I said 15 stations but 14 stations is still not ideal. My conclusion is that it's not meant to be radial line like DTL2 - that's why no interchanges near the city. It's more like circle-line "feeder MRT" service, i.e. take your feeder MRT to Tampines or Macpherson to interchange.

DTL2 is much better - interchanges at Botanic Gardens (CCL), Newton (NS) and Little India (NE), Bugis (EW). Doesn't make you move "backwards" to interchange and waste precious time.

Anyway, I still haven't figured out how to get to Orchard Road from here. - probably take close to 17 stations just to reach shopping district. Unless you do major transfers and walking from stations to stations.

[/quote]

yes i agree....more usable livable space and bedrooms definitely bigger

but, dun have to pay a premium to have reservoir view for estuary lor....tats the plus point
    I'm quite skeptical (always been) about FEO though. Agent told me it's elevated. The model also show high ground and a long staircase. Now on actual ground seems to be just half a flight of stairs or lesser. Floor plan of bedrooms looks elongated. Good. Yet to see if really spacious with quite a number of bay windows. I don't like having a/c ledge at side of bedroom bay window and sofa has no "mountain" backing though. But one thing I particularly like is no need large quantum can get high floor due to smaller area, say for 3 bedroom. I'm a potential buyer at waterfront wave!

How can it be? Have you seen the stations? I don't even how many stations to Orchard! Where are the interchanges? Maybe you can enlighten me how to take 10 stations to say Orchard Road or Raffles Place. Sorry, this line is a disaster with poor connectivity. And I'm not being biased. You may want to check some transportation forums for their views. If I were you, I will start talking to my MP for improving the connectivity of this DTL3 instead of saying how wonderful it is. Maybe you're the one who is biased and think the stations are well located with good connectivity.
    Yes, I am going to see MP but not to complain but to thank him/her coz
    i could hardly remember how many times i go to raffles place or orchard this year. But to tampines mall & changi airport (yakun)and expo, i think is countless. Wait till i sell WFW at $3000psf or maybe reach the "status" where MRT stopping noise become so irritating, i will get ION right ontop of orchard mrt. Saya still a commoner only know how to waste time watching the blue horizon view at Bdk reservoir. Dont really know how to enjoy orchard Lastly - think hard- govt will not build so many MRT for fun. They dont just plan for one person or 1 year.
    Wishing all a nice week ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    I'm quite skeptical (always been) about FEO though. Agent told me it's elevated. The model also show high ground and a long staircase. Now on actual ground seems to be just half a flight of stairs or lesser. Floor plan of bedrooms looks elongated. Good. Yet to see if really spacious with quite a number of bay windows. I don't like having a/c ledge at side of bedroom bay window and sofa has no "mountain" backing though. But one thing I particularly like is no need large quantum can get high floor due to smaller area, say for 3 bedroom. I'm a potential buyer at waterfront wave!
    the main problem with waterfront collection is tat buyers goto pay a premium for reservoir view which i tink is the main selling point....

btw, i am quite happy with FEO projects so far other den the disgusting price in general

which FEO projects u guys got problem with ar? projects like sterling, icon, lakeshore quite ok leh

FEO projects dun have disgusting planter boxes and oversized a/c ledge

$3000 PSF? Happy waiting. Anyway, if you happy lah. You don't work in town right? I'm referring to those who work in the city center, e.g. those in the financial or investment industry - they would have to make the trip down every day. I have no clue why people like the overcrowded Tampines Mall so much - so that's your fave hangout? To each his own lah.

Just voicing my views that the DTL3 line is not optimal. Don't be so sensitive lah. Anyway, continue to saka and kiss your MP ass - I'm sure can hit $3000PSF.

Quote Originally Posted by Water Lover
    i could hardly remember how many times i go to raffles place or orchard this year. But to tampines mall & changi airport (yakun)and expo, i think is countless. Wait till i sell WFW at $3000psf or maybe reach the "status" where MRT stopping noise become so irritating, i will get ION right ontop of orchard mrt. Saya still a commoner only know how to waste time watching the blue horizon view at Bdk reservoir. Dont really know how to enjoy orchard Lastly - think hard- govt will not build so many MRT for fun. They dont just plan for one person or 1 year.

Yalor wat so special abt Orchard?! Oh yah, Orchard is for high end ppl, high end ppl drive n dun tak mrt n also dun like to listen to the tuk tuk tuk sound. Thats why no interchange is needed there lor. Haha!

Quote Originally Posted by Water Lover

An MRT line that leads nowhere or is highly inefficient is USELESS. It just highlights how FAR this place is from the city where the most highly paid people/ or "FTs" worked. It may affect your rental yields in the future. But for own stay like yourself whose fave "cool" hangout is Tampines Mall which is 2 stations away then it doesn't matter. But from an investment perspective, I will think twice. So speaking from a perspective from an investor, I have to see how far and how long it takes to reach the city. If 99LH and takes God knows how many exchanges to reach main financial and shopping district, then its attractiveness as an investment dimishes. After all, there're lots of 99LH within 12 stations to the city. That is a relevant consideration. I don't see how people can become so defensive.

And again, purely from an investment perspective.
    Yalor wat so special abt Orchard?! Oh yah, Orchard is for high end ppl, high end ppl drive n dun tak mrt n also dun like to listen to the tuk tuk tuk sound. Thats why no interchange is needed there lor. Haha!

Hey bird, walk your talk, dun just talk cock. You still trying to avoid my question to your claim. May i ask what have you done or will be doing to highlight to the authorities to improve this project since you feel its the right thing to do? If you have nothing to say to that, then dun make yourself look great. If i need to hear from an asshole i will just need to fart.

An MRT line that leads nowhere or is highly inefficient is USELESS. It just highlights how FAR this place is from the city where the most highly paid people/ or "FTs" worked. It may affect your rental yields in the future. But for own stay like yourself whose fave "cool" hangout is Tampines Mall which is 2 stations away then it doesn't matter. But from an investment perspective, I will think twice. So speaking from a perspective from an investor, I have to see how far and how long it takes to reach the city. If 99LH and takes God knows how many exchanges to reach main financial and shopping district, then its attractiveness as an investment dimishes. After all, there're lots of 99LH within 12 stations to the city. That is a relevant consideration. I don't see how people can become so defensive.

And again, purely from an investment perspective.

dtl3 announcement suppose to be a happy news!!!

i am sure this line benefits lots of easty ppl! dun have to worry about parking problems at tamp central anymore! simply take a short train ride