Page 66 of 117 FirstFirst ... 364146515661626364656667686970717681869196 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,980 of 3489

Thread: Waterfront Waves (D16, 99 year LH, Frasers Centrepoint / Far East Organization)

no ler... just know a bit only... hehe... what you meant by cooker must have a backing?

Quote Originally Posted by venus
    Master noblebaby, u really know a lot abt fengshui. I hv this fsngshui booklet, it did say cooker must hv a backing.

my work is also quite flexible, allowed me to monitor stock market and browse forum during office hour... haha ... even my boss consulted me on investment...

Quote Originally Posted by kEN9170
    haha......of cos i have a full time job. I also need to work late some time.
    Just that my boss is a very flexible person. As long as we do our part, he gave us the flexibility of managing our working hour.

haha......of cos i have a full time job. I also need to work late some time.
    Just that my boss is a very flexible person. As long as we do our part, he gave us the flexibility of managing our working hour.
    So u suka suka go office at 10am also can? or say lve at 3pm also can? Lucky u!

Quote Originally Posted by noblebaby
    no ler... just know a bit only... hehe... what you meant by cooker must have a backing?
    aiyoh WFW owners are eat snake kings hehe just kidding!

You dunno what I'm talking regarding backing? Thot u advised someone not to knock down the wall at cooker hob?

yes..if happen to work late last night, we can come in later the next day.
    If we have some errands to settle, we can leave early too.

But we have to know our limit too...cannot abuse his kindness for granted.

So u suka suka go office at 10am also can? or say lve at 3pm also can? Lucky u!

knock down the wall at cooker hob??!?!? not me la...

aiyoh WFW owners are eat snake kings hehe just kidding!

You dunno what I'm talking regarding backing? Thot u advised someone not to knock down the wall at cooker hob?

think venus is refering to driftwave.
    he wanted to have a open concept kitchen.

noblebaby, how are you going to place yr sofa in the living? from fengshui point, sofa need to have a backing too.
    wow...TOP still a long way.....so early talk abt this liow...

knock down the wall at cooker hob??!?!? not me la...

yeah... always stay late does not mean the person is hardworking... just that he/she is not efficient enough... and poor time management...

yes..if happen to work late last night, we can come in later the next day.
    If we have some errands to settle, we can leave early too.

But we have to know our limit too...cannot abuse his kindness for granted.

noblebaby, how are you going to place yr sofa in the living? from fengshui point, sofa need to have a backing too.

Yes so clever. driftwave said he wanted hv a big open cencept wet and dry kitchen. Then you (noblebaby) said better hv wall if they cook a lot.

I dunno how the layout like but will it end up with cooker hob with no wall behind?

Must plan ahead mah. Like u want to knock down walls and all that
    must consider fengshui also. And these things cannot wait till top cos hv to get the developer t do it before they start building correct?
    oh dear how come sofa must also hv backing, my book nvr say leh
    Last edited by venus; 07-08-09 at 10:27.

my unit layout - Type B2

Yes so clever. driftwave said he wanted hv a big open cencept wet and dry kitchen. Then you (noblebaby) said better hv wall if they cook a lot.

I dunno how the layout like but will it end up with cooker hob with no wall behind?

Must plan ahead mah. Like u want to knock down walls and all that
    must consider fengshui also. And these things cannot wait till top cos hv to get the developer t do it before they start building correct?
    oh dear how come sofa must also hv backing, my book nvr say leh

not sure about sofa backing... but try not to push the furniture up againts the wall... must give a feel of relaxation to your guest and family member...

you can place the sofa any where as long as the back of it is not facing the main entrance... this is to make sure you can see the person who is entering the house...

I'll follow the arrangement similar to the one shown in the brochure... i will build a mirror wall beside the dinning table... to widen the view... and also to reflect the view outside the window as well...

make sure the living room is lighten up and bright enough... and with plants like fresh flower...
    the living room must be simple... and look relaxing...

Based on my layout, i have to swap my living & dinning. This way i can see the person who is entering the house. Thank you shifu.

not sure about sofa backing... but try not to push the furniture up againts the wall... must give a feel of relaxation to your guest and family member...

you can place the sofa any where as long as the back of it is not facing the main entrance... this is to make sure you can see the person who is entering the house...

I'll follow the arrangement similar to the one shown in the brochure... i will build a mirror wall beside the dinning table... to widen the view... and also to reflect the view outside the window as well...

make sure the living room is lighten up and bright enough... and with plants like fresh flower...
    the living room must be simple... and look relaxing...

Yes, swap it will be better... then you can place a mirror for "makan double" haha...

our unit is quite similar... for my unit, the only downside is no dry kitchen and the balcony is quite big... other than that, it's all perfect!

i'll lay down timber on the balcony... and turn it into Bali feel... my unit is also quite isolated without facing any balcony... so I can do alfresco dinning for 4 or 5 persons, to fully utilise the space... LOL

Based on my layout, i have to swap my living & dinning. This way i can see the person who is entering the house. Thank you shifu.

my unit layout - Type B2

Your kitchen is cooker and sink positions are safe.

But behind sofa is dining got no backing how? my living/dining same as yours.

if u reverse the layout will there be tv point in the other side?

Ya..not sure abt the tv point. For showflat, dinning & living are interchanged. Different from floor plan.

For kitchen, i have opted for a dry/wet kitchen, so layout different liow.
    Tried very hard to modify the layout. Haha...

Your kitchen is cooker and sink positions are safe.

But behind sofa is dining got no backing how? my living/dining same as yours.

if u reverse the layout will there be tv point in the other side?

missed the wall between dry n wet kitchen.... the REF and Stove is not good side by side from fengshui.... hot object is also not advisable to be placed near to the REF...

Ya..not sure abt the tv point. For showflat, dinning & living are interchanged. Different from floor plan.

Oops....stove shld be on the other side. Forgot to change this part.

Oh ya..there is a sliding glass panel betw the REF and the basin.

missed the wall between dry n wet kitchen.... the REF and Stove is not good side by side from fengshui.... hot object is also not advisable to be placed near to the REF...

for my case, my REF is beside the stove... so I'll build a small partition just enough to seperate the REF from hot fire... and for sure a small green plant in between...

beside, I'll need to get a REF with its door handle/opening from the right... so when i open the REF door, the heat from the stove will be blocked by the REF's door...

a lot of fengshui and environment study...

Showflat its up to the interior designer to arrange the furnitures without taking into considerations abt tv point or power pt. But usually tv pt will follow the layout of brochure. The only condo I know that provide tv pt on both side is the sea view. If u really serious abt swapping position better chk wif developer if both sides hv or can they chng to the other side.

the stove suppose at the sink?

then the stove will be facing the door of the WC?!?! having toilet door face the stove directly implies gets into your makan more easily...

Oops....stove shld be on the other side. Forgot to change this part.

Oh ya..there is a sliding glass panel betw the REF and the basin.

Now your hob and sink is opp each other....but not sure if the actual thing will be directly opp or not hor?

fridge cannot beside cooker bcos hot and cold clash izit?

yes, fire n water clash... and hot thing beside the fridge also make the fridge consume more energy for cooling...

hmnnn... stove is one of the most important objects in the house... symbolize health and wealth... so must always use it to cook... the more you use the more $$$ come...

Now your hob and sink is opp each other....but not sure if the actual thing will be directly opp or not hor?

fridge cannot beside cooker bcos hot and cold clash izit?

How come now your sink and hob swap position? u requested?

yes, fire n water clash... and hot thing beside the fridge also make the fridge consume more energy for cooling...

hmnnn... stove is one of the most important objects in the house... symbolize health and wealth... so must always use it to cook... the more you use the more $$$ come...
    True. oh and oven too....nowadays we hardly use oven to bake. so once in a while must on and run it for a while...otherwise will spoil.

the stove suppose at the sink?

then the stove will be facing the door of the WC?!?! having toilet door face the stove directly implies gets into your makan more easily...
    Not only that, there is a sink in the WC. If your stove is really facing WC then again fire and water clashes....

But nvm...keep the WC door close at all times....think will help?

Stove is the most important object ... symbol of wealth & health

A lot of fengshui is common sense. Stove is important in an old society because it is not common to eat out and women all housewives with good cooking skills and responsible for feeding the family. With Singapore women unwilling to become stay-home housewife and availability of good restaurants, is stove really that important anymore? Recent interview in paper - kitchen becomes a place to show off your ID.

Fengshui must be re-interpreted in the context of a modern society. It is just like TCM needs to be understood in the modern context of Western Medicine as well. And the most advanced fengshui must take into considerations the people staying inside. For people with timid/gloomy character, an ID design with dark tone will make it worse.

Quote Originally Posted by jitkiat
    Stove is the most important object ... symbol of wealth & health

A lot of fengshui is common sense. Stove is important in an old society because it is not common to eat out and women all housewives with good cooking skills and responsible for feeding the family. With Singapore women unwilling to become stay-home housewife and availability of good restaurants, is stove really that important anymore? Recent interview in paper - kitchen becomes a place to show off your ID.

Fengshui must be re-interpreted in the context of a modern society. It is just like TCM needs to be understood in the modern context of Western Medicine as well. And the most advanced fengshui must take into considerations the people staying inside. For people with timid/gloomy character, an ID design with dark tone will make it worse.

Wkends still can cook what....even if its just instant noodles. If fire is not impt then why when move in one of the things to is to make sure stove all lighted up? But its just symbolic lah i know....

Wkends still can cook what....even if its just instant noodles. If fire is not impt then why when move in one of the things to is to make sure stove all lighted up? But its just symbolic lah i know....
    Stove is also supposed to keep you warm in winter in the old society. What I mean is stove is becoming less important in modern society so we should not take whatever in fengshui theory about stove too seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by jitkiat
    Stove is also supposed to keep you warm in winter in the old society. What I mean is stove is becoming less important in modern society so we should not take whatever in fengshui theory about stove too seriously.
    Its up to individual whether to believe or not. It must hv its merits since a lot of large corporations also will consult fengshui master for their office layouts and even building developments. eg marina IR. Even the old man LKY also a big fengshui follower.

But I agree times hv changed and fengshui has to adapt to that. Actually what we are discussing is just some basic fengshui rules that we hear or read, we are no experts Its far more complicated then this like hv to take into considerations things like facing, time period, occupants' bazhi, etc. Best is to consult the real master if we believe in such things lah

Hey noblebaby, u mentioned abt laying timber strips at balcony. Hv u thought abt all the dusts and dirts that will be trapped under it? is there a way to clean it? What if it rains and water there breed mosquitoes?
    cos I'm thinking of doing that for my pes too but I'm having so many ??? on problems above. Buay tahan rite? haven even start construction already think so much.