Page 32 of 117 FirstFirst ... 2712172227282930313233343536374247525762 ... LastLast

Thread: Waterfront Waves (D16, 99 year LH, Frasers Centrepoint / Far East Organization)

Quote Originally Posted by noblebaby
    go do your research.
    Just show it in the post will do, you can check from caveat lodge.

Quote Originally Posted by Douk
    Agreed. If the price is not right, there is still plenty of chance to purchase later due to plan for 2 more projects. This is probably a short recovery.. price unlikely to shoot up like 1-2 years ago.
    haha... every thing is possible... no body is able to predict our STI index can chiong 300 points just in this week... those who have the $$$ and gut to buy few weeks ago are winners now... just buy if you think the price is right for you... no need to wait and wait until missed the boat...

haha... every thing is possible... no body is able to predict our STI index can chiong 300 points just in this week... those who have the $$$ and gut to buy few weeks ago are winners now... just buy if you think the price is right for you... no need to wait and wait until missed the boat...
    this is really a naive comparison.

this is really a naive comparison.
    maybe I'm... anyway, I have bought my preferred unit at WFW and have made good return from my investments... I can sleep well now... and wait for WFW to T.O.P... cheers!

maybe I'm... anyway, I have bought my preferred unit at WFW and have made good return from my investments... I can sleep well now... and wait for WFW to T.O.P... cheers!
    i have bought mine too.

i have bought mine too.
    where you bought?

Price went up? Thought starbuy is at 600psf ? 680psf doesnt seems like a star buy..
    600psf is for those park facing....this is pool facing and choice stake...you have to see which stack...even when newspaper advertise from certain psf it does'nt mean for all units.....they usually quote the cheapest in the project....

Quote Originally Posted by forte
    Why choose WFW?

1) Livia----One main reason Pasir Ris is too far

My choice really betw DBR vs WFW

2) DBR---a) Too cramp all the units facing pool will also get a view of the other units, b) layout not good, i wanted to get 3BR but the other 2 BR is so small machiam like study room size....the pricing i got for DBR pool facing is also around 670-690psf for pool facing similar to WFW whereas stack 11 is almost unblock with better & bigger rooms, c) my girl going St Hilda in 3yrs time so WFW much nearer and just in time

Of course DBR have its pros as well which is the MRT & Mall that is the main good thing i like abt DBR but after weighing everything i still choose WFW...now crossing my fingers that MRT will be near WFW
    The MRT should not be too far away from WFW. Maybe even nearer than than that of Livia & DBR. Underground somemore. No noise and retain the original natural view. Only setback, it comes only in 2016. Mall is only good if you like shopping everyday, not forgetting the crowd & conjestion that come with it. some neighbourhood facilities should be good enough. Just my personal opinion.

I brought my friend who is an experience buyer to DBR showroom. He requested to walk out within 5 mins. Just commented wasting time looking at the poor showflats. He's only comments - good point only one -quite near MRT.

Quote Originally Posted by Water Lover
    The MRT should not be too far away from WFW. Maybe even nearer than than that of Livia & DBR. Underground somemore. No noise and retain the original natural view. Only setback, it comes only in 2016. Mall is only good if you like shopping everyday, not forgetting the crowd & conjestion that come with it. some neighbourhood facilities should be good enough. Just my personal opinion.

I brought my friend who is an experience buyer to DBR showroom. He requested to walk out within 5 mins. Just commented wasting time looking at the poor showflats. He's only comments - good point only one -quite near MRT.
    My guess for the station is somewhere near the campus...next to the Bedok Reservoir Park carpark...

There will be a new Bedok Mall (formerly Bedok cinema) coming up 3Q10. With WFW providing free shuttle bus service (first year after TOP) to/fro Bedok Central....so very convenient too. Tampines Mall, Century Sq, Tampines 1, Ikea, Giant, Courts megastore also a short drive away....

One of my dislike abt DBR is the multi storey carpark......though with waterfall feature....but personally still prefer underground carpark....

Quote Originally Posted by kEN9170
    My guess for the station is somewhere near the campus...next to the Bedok Reservoir Park carpark...

There will be a new Bedok Mall (formerly Bedok cinema) coming up 3Q10. With WFW providing free shuttle bus service (first year after TOP) to/fro Bedok Central....so very convenient too. Tampines Mall, Century Sq, Tampines 1, Ikea, Giant, Courts megastore also a short drive away....

One of my dislike abt DBR is the multi storey carpark......though with waterfall feature....but personally still prefer underground carpark....
    Totally agree the multi-story carpark definitely a big minus for DBR...WFW had all amenities & shopping malls nearby yet you still enjoy the serenity & privacy of the nice surrondings...if MRT is really nearby will be a huge bonus, if not i think still very accessible with the shuttle bus .....

Totally agree the multi-story carpark definitely a big minus for DBR...WFW had all amenities & shopping malls nearby yet you still enjoy the serenity & privacy of the nice surrondings...if MRT is really nearby will be a huge bonus, if not i think still very accessible with the shuttle bus .....
    have you got your unit at stack 11? stack 11 can see WFW & WFK pool in a straight line, should be nice. If you can afford, just go ahead.

by the way, how's WFW sales? any idea?

me didnt visit the showroom for some time already...

by the way, how's WFW sales? any idea?

me didnt visit the showroom for some time already...
    Understand its almost 60% sold. Responses on star buy units are good...they just launch stack 11, 19, 20 on starbuy last week.....the prices now definitely looks very acttractive given the fact that these are good choice stacks with good facing...

Should be committing to 1 unit soon just need to decide which one....with this starbuy the prices of these choice stack is slightly lower than DBR choice units so definitely make my decision very clear.....

Understand its almost 60% sold. Responses on star buy units are good...they just launch stack 11, 19, 20 on starbuy last week.....the prices now definitely looks very acttractive given the fact that these are good choice stacks with good facing...

Should be committing to 1 unit soon just need to decide which one....with this starbuy the prices of these choice stack is slightly lower than DBR choice units so definitely make my decision very clear.....

Attractive price? Are you able to share with us the price quoted?

almost 60% sold? not too bad... I'll be good if the sales can hit 75% sold by year end...

have bought a unit at stack 26, how many ppl here also buy at the same stack? how do you feel abt the noise from PIE? i went down there last Sat and went up to nearby HDB n found the noise from PIE is really lousy,didnt think of it when i purchase

Quote Originally Posted by lyrix
    have bought a unit at stack 26, how many ppl here also buy at the same stack? how do you feel abt the noise from PIE? i went down there last Sat and went up to nearby HDB n found the noise from PIE is really lousy,didnt think of it when i purchase
    pls read my contribution in other thread about being near/next to highway ...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by proud owner
    my friend lives in East coast ...HIGH floor too ..and by ECP .... gosh ..noise really does travel upward .. it truly is a low 'constant roar' .... may not irritate ..but its like a mosquito flying around your ear ... wont hurt but irritating sound

i guess the noise is compensated by the its view ... to truly enjoy the view .. turn on aircon and shut the double glazed window ..

that reminds me also of La Suisse ... perched on top of the highest point .. the moment you open the window ... the traffic noise from PIE is a real turn off ...

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    pls read my contribution in other thread about being near/next to highway ...
    Road noise you will have it 24hours a day, 7 days a week, 54 weeks a years. That what I feel. West sun unit still better imho, you only get it 4 hours a day, not everyday cause of rainy season and rainy days.

Quote Originally Posted by Property_Owner
    Road noise you will have it 24hours a day, 7 days a week, 54 weeks a years. That what I feel. West sun unit still better imho, you only get it 4 hours a day, not everyday cause of rainy season and rainy days.
    correct .. thats why people pay high price to stay away from NOISE ...

now all going green .. suggest to your management to grow creepers up the west side wall ... that will reduce the 'heat' ...

noise is beyond our control ... so better choose carefully ...

correct .. thats why people pay high price to stay away from NOISE ...

now all going green .. suggest to your management to grow creepers up the west side wall ... that will reduce the 'heat' ...

noise is beyond our control ... so better choose carefully ...
    My friend stay in costa del sol. 22 floor. On Air con most of the time. Bought it for the sea view. Work 8 to 8 everyday. morning wake up rush for work. maybe see sea for 5 minutes while wearing shoes. come home see black black sea. weekend bring family go out, no time to see sea. at night watch tv a zen car pass by can hear, morning 5 plus bikes and bus noise. he gave up last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Property_Owner
    My friend stay in costa del sol. 22 floor. On Air con most of the time. Bought it for the sea view. Work 8 to 8 everyday. morning wake up rush for work. maybe see sea for 5 minutes while wearing shoes. come home see black black sea. weekend bring family go out, no time to see sea. at night watch tv a zen car pass by can hear, morning 5 plus bikes and bus noise. he gave up last year.
    Thank you for the above story ..

To be honest, i believe ALL east coast condos facing the ECP has this noise issue ... for that matter all condos along any highway .. but many choose to 'silent' it and talk only about the view ... another example of misrepresentation ...

on the other hand .. the lower units are spared .. no view .. no noise ... well , maybe not as long as it is on higher floors ..

having said that ... there are projects ..along west coast .. facing the not so nice sea ... but absolutely ' can see cars , cannot hear them' ..

Default PIE noise unbearable?

If the lawyer has not send the S&P to the developer, quickly call him and terminate the transaction, just lose a few thousand dollars only.

Sigh ... that's why the price psf is lower for stacks facing the park or the direct west facing stacks (the so called STAR BUY UNITS). I have highlighted in this thread already. Wonder why the lake view units are selling at > 800psf while the pool facing units are selling at > 680psf ?? Even on the HDB besides Dami Secondary School facing lake, I can still hear the "roar" from Bedok Reservoir Rd + PIE.

Beside MRT cannot
    Beside ExpressWay cannot
    Beside HDB cannot
    Beside School cannot
    Beside Airport cannot

Where else can we stay?

Thanks proud owner for your reply. i totally agree with you, the noise is compensated by the view, shut the window might be the only way to enjoy the peaceful life beside the water.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by proud owner
    my friend lives in East coast ...HIGH floor too ..and by ECP .... gosh ..noise really does travel upward .. it truly is a low 'constant roar' .... may not irritate ..but its like a mosquito flying around your ear ... wont hurt but irritating sound

i guess the noise is compensated by the its view ... to truly enjoy the view .. turn on aircon and shut the double glazed window ..

that reminds me also of La Suisse ... perched on top of the highest point .. the moment you open the window ... the traffic noise from PIE is a real turn off ...

Quote Originally Posted by jitkiat
    If the lawyer has not send the S&P to the developer, quickly call him and terminate the transaction, just lose a few thousand dollars only.

Sigh ... that's why the price psf is lower for stacks facing the park or the direct west facing stacks (the so called STAR BUY UNITS). I have highlighted in this thread already. Wonder why the lake view units are selling at > 800psf while the pool facing units are selling at > 680psf ?? Even on the HDB besides Dami Secondary School facing lake, I can still hear the "roar" from Bedok Reservoir Rd + PIE.
    from my house in the west side of singapore .. my from master bedroom and terrace, i can see the 'not so nice sea' (as some die hard east coast fans will say) , the other end of my master room, i have a fantastic view of Kent ridge park ..
    the other 2 rooms and living room all have kent ridge park view ...

i HEAR no cars .. i only hear birds and insects in the day ... and in the night .. i have to tune down my TV volumne to 15-16 ( previously at other location, i tuned to 25-27 ) .. otherwise the whole estate can hear my tv ...

Thats Peace and Serenity ... and cheaper than east coast .. and still can get to Raffles place and Orchard in 8 and 12 mins respectively ...

Quote Originally Posted by jitkiat

decide not to cancel the transaction bcuz i really like the reservior environment, think it's very good for kid and family get relax. consider the $$$psqf is also around our budget, i will still take it although it is not perfect

Thank you for the above story ..

To be honest, i believe ALL east coast condos facing the ECP has this noise issue ... for that matter all condos along any highway .. but many choose to 'silent' it and talk only about the view ... another example of misrepresentation ...

on the other hand .. the lower units are spared .. no view .. no noise ... well , maybe not as long as it is on higher floors ..

having said that ... there are projects ..along west coast .. facing the not so nice sea ... but absolutely ' can see cars , cannot hear them' ..
    For gen knowledge, please enlighten what is the "comfortable" distance away from highway? > 100m?? Noise travels upwards, so if about 100-150m away from highway, must be at least how low i.e. avoid which floor?

Btw, how come west coast different ....

Quote Originally Posted by cheerful
    For gen knowledge, please enlighten what is the "comfortable" distance away from highway? > 100m?? Noise travels upwards, so if about 100-150m away from highway, must be at least how low i.e. avoid which floor?

i am not sure really .. but usually if you have some other projects in front to shield the noise ...even if you are high up .. a great amt of noise would have been filtered ...

as for my west coast house ..its perched on a hill ... overlooking the south sea .. with a lot of low rise houses between us .. and its about 250-350 m away ...

Quote Originally Posted by cheerful

It depends on whether you have something in between to block off the noise, for example, 4 10-storey HDB blocks will be enough to defuse the noise to negligible level.