Page 98 of 117 FirstFirst ... 687378838893949596979899100101102103108113 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,940 of 3489

Thread: Waterfront Waves (D16, 99 year LH, Frasers Centrepoint / Far East Organization)

I think when DTL3 is ready, it will provide options to those living in the east. As there is still the E-W line, the load should be ok. I think the issue that should create the most concern would be the road in front of the Waterfront Collection. I think the best thing to happen in that area is to have the access to PIE via Bedok Ave 3. This allows residence to choose going left or right upon exiting the condo.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Unfortunately it comes fm Tampines. Should be really crowded and difficult to board the train. On the other hand, there will be more cars on the road in this area with the new development.

did you take train from Tampines to City hall before? Not alwayz crowded. at certain period there is empty train from Tanah Merah interchange to City Hall.

Unfortunately it comes fm Tampines. Should be really crowded and difficult to board the train. On the other hand, there will be more cars on the road in this area with the new development.

I think the concern is always for the peak hours. During the non-peak hours, its ok for every public transport.

Quote Originally Posted by noblebaby
    did you take train from Tampines to City hall before? Not alwayz crowded. at certain period there is empty train from Tanah Merah interchange to City Hall.

Not complaining but 15-16 stations to Raffles Place may not be good news. After all, even Jurong East is only like 9 stations right? And say Bukit Batok only 10 stations. Just comparing. Standing for 16 stations and still got to interchange can be quite unbearable. 10-12 stations maybe still bearable. And for people who are used to driving, they will not have the patience to wait and stand so long. Imagine having to wait for 3 minutes and then "ding dong ding dong" 15 times. Sure end up still driving to work.

Quote Originally Posted by acewee
    People are certainly hard to please. When no MRT, they complain too much time taking bus. When got MRT, they say too far from the city. I guess you cannot make everyone happy. One thing is clear, those who own a Waterfront collection unit are happy while those who don't are certainly not based on the comments. Well, not too late to get one.

The east is the most heavily populated part of Singapore. Built up area and population easily 3x more than other areas - more than half of SG population squeezed there. I think they deserve 3 lines bah with the super high density. There are more tha 500 condos in D15/16. And Tampines is the most crowded HDB town.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    dtl3 will help to ease the EW congestion....later on got erl somemore...interesting leh...3 lines on the east

govt really targeting 6mil population by buidling so many lines?

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Not complaining but 15-16 stations to Raffles Place may not be good news. After all, even Jurong East is only like 9 stations right? And say Bukit Batok only 10 stations. Just comparing. Standing for 16 stations and still got to interchange can be quite unbearable. 10-12 stations maybe still bearable. And for people who are used to driving, they will not have the patience to wait and stand so long. Imagine having to wait for 3 minutes and then "ding dong ding dong" 15 times. Sure end up still driving to work.
    I don't know how DTL3 can go to City Hall but from Simei to Suntec City or Bishan via Paya Lebar interchange is about 30mins during non-peak (because Paya Lebar - Promenade distance is very short).

IMO, government should built LRT from Bedok Reservoir station to Bedok and then to the future ERL at Bedok South to link up the 3 east lines together.

The frequency of MRT at peak hours has improved a lot, now waiting time no more than 2-3mins.

acewee only want to hear the good things, not just for 600-700psf WFW/WFK, also the 1000psf WFG

during peak period there is empty train from tanah merah.

SMRT also want to manage cost, duration between train arrival is quite long, even during peak period. SMRT's OPEX is vry high especially after the CCL is in operation.

Quote Originally Posted by acewee
    I think the concern is always for the peak hours. During the non-peak hours, its ok for every public transport.

yes, think there is plan to link up the 3 lines in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by jitkiat
    I don't know how DTL3 can go to City Hall but from Simei to Suntec City or Bishan via Paya Lebar interchange is about 30mins during non-peak (because Paya Lebar - Promenade distance is very short).

IMO, government should built LRT from Bedok Reservoir station to Bedok and then to the future ERL at Bedok South to link up the 3 east lines together.

The frequent of MRT at peak hours has improved a lot, now waiting time no more than 2-3mins.

i tink this dtl3 is useful for ppl to goto work at kaki bukit/macpherson/kallang bahru/jalan besar...goto town using EW line still much more faster and direct...different options lor

Quote Originally Posted by noblebaby
    yes, think there is plan to link up the 3 lines in the future.
    erl cud link up at tampines....

the link will be btw Bedok Reservoir, Bedok and Marin Parade stations

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    erl cud link up at tampines....

What a joke, using photos to gage distance, MRT crowded, mass market.

Distance - about 6 mins brisk walk the most for all waterfront collection. Dont believe go walk yourself. Go and see where is the link bridges.

MRT crowded - with 5 million people tell me where not crowded other than boarding from the first station.

mass market - doesn't matter with 5 to 6 mil people soon everywhere is the same for a small country like sgp. Even those staying near to prime like MBS or RWS can make a mess market by losing 26 mil.

Where in singapore can you find a reservoir and MRT right beside?
    Waterfront collection area is going to be Gold Coast of Singapore
    Dont sell too hastily

wow, Water Lover, long time no see! are you still holding ur WFW unit?

Quote Originally Posted by Water Lover

Distance - about 6 mins brisk walk the most for all waterfront collection. Dont believe go walk yourself. Go and see where is the link bridges.

MRT crowded - with 5 million people tell me where not crowded other than boarding from the first station.

mass market - doesn't matter with 5 to 6 mil people soon everywhere is the same for a small country like sgp. Even those staying near to prime like MBS or RWS can make a mess market by losing 26 mil.

Dont sell too hastily

I'm in total agreement. Waterfront Collection is unique with the combination of MRT and reservoir. It is definitely a good investment

Quote Originally Posted by Water Lover

Dont sell too hastily

Which waterfront is better? From Estuary or the "Gold Coast of Singapore"?

Welcome back Water Lover!

One DTL3 attracted so many -ve comments from 闲杂人仕.
    Btw, WFW/WFK/Baywater to Reservoir station is almost the same or even shorter distance than DBR to Simei station.

The Waterfront collection is definitely better in term of view and distance from the MRT station.

Which waterfront is better? From Estuary or the "Gold Coast of Singapore"?

Great! Post some photos here for us to envy.

You may want to refer to some of the photos on Bedok reservior taken by Ken in this forum. I thought they are very well taken.

I visited Estuary when it first launched, the property is not as near to the reservior as The Waterfront Collection

Great! Post some photos here for us to envy.

David, u hav any waterfront unit?

Quote Originally Posted by DAVID
    You may want to refer to some of the photos on Bedok reservior taken by Ken in this forum. I thought they are very well taken.

I visited Estuary when it first launched, the property is not as near to the reservior as The Waterfront Collection

Not talking about waiting time but 3 minute each station. Imagine it takes 15 stations to reach Raffles Place. This means one has to hear 15 times "ding dong ding dong doors closing doors closing tu tu tu tu" everything 3 minutes for 15 times. One would go crazy - esp drivers. Even 10-12 stations most people will get fidgety already.

My personal investment philosophy is within 10-12 stations from Raffles Place. I don't know why they build so many stations in this DTL3 - very zealous isst? Stopping and braking too frequently with the stupid "doors closing doors closing tu tu tu tu tu" - it would be very painful for those at the tail end e.g. Tampines and Bedok Reservoir and it would definitely lenghten the travel time.

My verdict - too many stations away from town. Don't know why LTA squeeze in so many stations for what. So the announcement is a disappointment - after all everyone knows Bedok Reservoir will have a station - just not sure how many stations to town. now that the news is out, it is negative. Not forgetting it is going to be one year late.

The frequency of MRT at peak hours has improved a lot, now waiting time no more than 2-3mins.

acewee only want to hear the good things, not just for 600-700psf WFW/WFK, also the 1000psf WFG
    Last edited by Wild Falcon; 21-08-10 at 21:49.

My verdict - too many stations away from town. Don't know why LTA squeeze in so many stations for what. So the announcement is a disappointment - after all everyone knows Bedok Reservoir will have a station - just not sure how many stations to town. now that the news is out, it is negative. Not forgetting it is going to be one year late.
    Eventually, MRT stations all across the island... as long as there are people to support the ridership. Cost benefit analaysis right?

Next on the qn on why so many stations... 1 station = increase in property prices for properties within 500 meters to it... or even further away...

It's like adding salad dressing.. spicing it up.... its all the same after it is properly "flipped"

Basically... the value of new housings = fall of your purchasing power and your CPF money... but if u sell... can still balance it up... the pain comes when you buy another... so it is a downgrade route for most.

Exact location of Bedok Reservoir.

Haha. U really think u r a investor?! Come on dun tell us ur rubbish philo n wat 10-12 stations! We hav been following the DTL3 progression since 2 yrs ago. The number of station already announced since 2007. Every waterfront owner knew that! If u really do proper research, u can even know the architect of the stations. Stop barking, 吃粪狗!

Not talking about waiting time but 3 minute each station. Imagine it takes 15 stations to reach Raffles Place. This means one has to hear 15 times "ding dong ding dong doors closing doors closing tu tu tu tu" everything 3 minutes for 15 times. One would go crazy - esp drivers. Even 10-12 stations most people will get fidgety already.

My personal investment philosophy is within 10-12 stations from Raffles Place. I don't know why they build so many stations in this DTL3 - very zealous isst? Stopping and braking too frequently with the stupid "doors closing doors closing tu tu tu tu tu" - it would be very painful for those at the tail end e.g. Tampines and Bedok Reservoir and it would definitely lenghten the travel time.

Jitkiat, I am really seeing a 'Starhub' in your post here, which is unfortunate as I had always thought that you are quite objective from your post in the DBR thread.

Contrary to your comments, I am fully aware that EVERY condos have positives and negatives. However, no one here can deny that having DTL3 with a station in close proximity to Waterfront Collection is a BIG plus. Regretably, many people choose to highlight the negatives. I think its fair comment to say these are mostly those with no vested interest or have missed the boat.

Just like with every location, it is always good to have many alternatives for transport. Some may find taking the MRT attractive and accept the 'dings and dongs' of the puplic announcement system. Others may prefer to drive and 'enjoy' the driving experience. But to have people make comments, mainly negative, about nitty gritties such as walking distance to MRT is really pathetic, especially if they do not even need to be subjected to it coz they DON'T own a unit.

Jitkiat, perhaps you would like to share with us your opinion of the 'walking experience' between DBR to Simei in relation to your view that walking from Waterfront to the potential new reservoir station can be unbearable. Will you ever admit that the distance between the 2 is similar and the experience should be the same, 'hot and sweaty'. I'm sure you won't coz just like me (in your opinion), you will only want to say and hear the positive things of the property that you have a vested interest in right?

So before you make sweeping statements like these, please think again. Give constructive comments in the right forum. Trust me, it will be appreciated. Btw in case you do not know, DTL3 is also linked to Circle Line so getting around from there is similar if not faster than from Simei coz there are 4 stations between Simei and Paya Lebar interchange while there are only 3 between Reservoir and Macpherson interchange. But who's counting.

Bingo! The 2 exits really at both sides of the road beside the bus stop.

Quote Originally Posted by kEN9170
    Exact location of Bedok Reservoir.

No wonder price of properties around my area has been increasing because it started with E-W line, follow by the N-E line and recently the circle line.

Quote Originally Posted by cashrich
    Eventually, MRT stations all across the island... as long as there are people to support the ridership. Cost benefit analaysis right?

Next on the qn on why so many stations... 1 station = increase in property prices for properties within 500 meters to it... or even further away...

It's like adding salad dressing.. spicing it up.... its all the same after it is properly "flipped"

Basically... the value of new housings = fall of your purchasing power and your CPF money... but if u sell... can still balance it up... the pain comes when you buy another... so it is a downgrade route for most.

Default http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1076396/1/.html

Property prices will spike for homes along Downtown Line: observers
    By Seet Sok Hwee and Imelda Saad | Posted: 21 August 2010 2054 hrs

SINGAPORE : A day after more details of the Downtown Line were announced, observers are already predicting a hike in property prices in those areas.

Residents of Tampines and Bedok can expect five more stations serving their estates. And Jalan Besar will see a new station as well.

Homes around the Downtown Line linking Singapore Expo in the east to Bukit Panjang in the north-west are likely to see property prices shoot up.

Like many other train stations around Singapore, amenities like malls and shops will soon sprout around the area, serving residents and commuters.

One property expert estimates that HDB flat prices may rise between 5 and 15 per cent over the next seven years, while private condominiums could command a premium of about 10 to 20 per cent.

"Based on past experience, we foresee that the rise may break into two different phases - one is immediately after the announcement which may happen these few days; the other one could be just before the completion of the MRT station," said Steven Tan, executive director of OrangeTee.

Cash-over-Valuation (COV) for HDB flats could also go up.

"For example, if the average COV is about $30,000 to $40,000, after the announcement, the COV may go up to $50,000 to $60,000 (for the HDB flat around the vicinity)," said Tan.

Existing stores are also looking forward to the new lines.

But they too worry about a spike in rentals.

"(There'll) be more competition because (there'll be) a bigger crowd, so business will be boom," said one retailer at Tampines Central near Tampines MRT.

When completed, the Downtown Line will facilitate direct travel from the northwest and east of Singapore to the Central Business District (CBD) and Marina Bay.

The line is projected to see a daily ridership of more than half a million people when fully operational by 2017. - CNA /ls
    BE CENTRED BY ALL AT THE FRINGE OF THE CITY @

As this is a WFW thread, I assume we should start counting from Reservoir Station? I believe its 9 or 10 stations only to city centre. And if you do use MRT as a transport option, you would accept all the 'Dings and Dongs' that come with it would you? Just like if you drive, you accept that you may be stuck in jam or involved in car crash right? To each his own I suppose. Not everyone is privilege like you to own a car so have to make do with public transport. Let's be objective and realistic can we?

How can it be? Have you seen the stations? I don't even how many stations to Orchard! Where are the interchanges? Maybe you can enlighten me how to take 10 stations to say Orchard Road or Raffles Place. Sorry, this line is a disaster with poor connectivity. And I'm not being biased. You may want to check some transportation forums for their views. If I were you, I will start talking to my MP for improving the connectivity of this DTL3 instead of saying how wonderful it is. Maybe you're the one who is biased and think the stations are well located with good connectivity.