Page 46 of 117 FirstFirst ... 162126313641424344454647484950515661667176 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 3489

Thread: Waterfront Waves (D16, 99 year LH, Frasers Centrepoint / Far East Organization)

Quote Originally Posted by noblebaby
    Think stack 28 & 29 sold out liao
    woah... I thought there are still some more. Actually went to the showflat when the 2 stack are launched. Agent did not even want to talk much abt these 2 stacks, except the lower floor units becos developer only willing to sell at launch price.

Yes, I can confirm that. Was at the showflat 2 weekends ago. There are at least 1 whole stack of stack 13 (reservoir-facing) left untouched and multiple units are available in stack 14 (reservoir-facing too)...

Think stack 28 & 29 sold out liao

Heard showflat closed to prepare for The Key launching... may affect the sales of WFW this month...

Quote Originally Posted by momoliu
    Yes, I can confirm that. Was at the showflat 2 weekends ago. There are at least 1 whole stack of stack 13 (reservoir-facing) left untouched and multiple units are available in stack 14 (reservoir-facing too)...

Heard showflat closed to prepare for The Key launching... may affect the sales of WFW this month...
    To prepare for coming Monday (13-Jul-09) Waterfront Key VIP preview launch.

The first of four phases of the development located along the scenic Bedok Reservoir
    Road will be known as WATERFRONT WAVES, while subsequent launches will have
    their own unique condominium names. This phase of the development will launch a total
    of 405 units, of which over 50% are 3 - 4 bedroom units, with more than 60% of all units
    enjoying reservoir views.

=> Eventually about 1,600 units will be owner-occupied or still on sale when MRT is ready

Then our current WFW crazy club will need to be expanded to Waterfront Crazy Club (WCC) by 2015, with members from all the 4 developments. Therefore, we can organize activities such as water sports competition every year, formed by the 4 teams.

Regarding to oversupply, I'm not worry at all... Singaporean are getting richer, with more FT coming in... Highly educated fresh grads with atleast a Master/PhD + MBA degree are increasing, these group of ppls can easily afford a home from the Waterfront collection.

Quote Originally Posted by jitkiat
    The first of four phases of the development located along the scenic Bedok Reservoir
    Road will be known as WATERFRONT WAVES, while subsequent launches will have
    their own unique condominium names. This phase of the development will launch a total
    of 405 units, of which over 50% are 3 - 4 bedroom units, with more than 60% of all units
    enjoying reservoir views.

=> Eventually about 1,600 units will be owner-occupied or still on sale when MRT is ready

Then our current WFW crazy club will need to be expanded to Waterfront Crazy Club (WCC) by 2015, with members from all the 4 developments. Therefore, we can organize activities such as water sports competition every year, formed by the 4 teams.

Regarding to oversupply, I'm not worry at all... Singaporean are getting richer, with more FT coming in... Highly educated fresh grads with atleast a Master/PhD + MBA degree are increasing, these group of ppls can easily afford a home from the Waterfront collection.
    I wonder why there is no freehold properties around Bedok Reservoir.

This one you need to ask URA... FH or LH is not important for most of the WFW buyers here... What we want is quality of living... Many of us here can afford to get a FH unit at better location... But the thing that attract us is the nature surrounding... Every day see talk buildings also boring la...

I wonder why there is no freehold properties around Bedok Reservoir.

This one you need to ask URA... FH or LH is not important for most of the WFW buyers here... What we want is quality of living... Many of us here can afford to get a FH unit at better location... But the thing that attract us is the nature surrounding... Every day see talk buildings also boring la...
    This one I have to agree. Typically me & kid will take bus number 5 from Simei, abt 5 mins, to visit Bedok Reservoir Park once in a while. It is very nice after rain. When my kid is older, will consider cycle via park connector there. Might consider moving there when MRT is ready ... Not just 99LH condo, I notice also no freehold landed properties around Bedok Reservoir ... strange

BTW, mainland chinese like condo facing water. When 4th uni is ready with enough chinese in the east, surely the value will go up. Heard many Caspian & Lakeshore owners/tenants are mainland Chinese (due to proximity to NUS/NTU).

Research: Capitaland and its related Singapore-listed entities
    Attached Files Attached Files

This one I have to agree. Typically me & kid will take bus number 5 from Simei, abt 5 mins, to visit Bedok Reservoir Park once in a while. It is very nice after rain. When my kid is older, will consider cycle via park connector there. Might consider moving there when MRT is ready ... Not just 99LH condo, I notice also no freehold landed properties around Bedok Reservoir ... strange

BTW, mainland chinese like condo facing water. When 4th uni is ready with enough chinese in the east, surely the value will go up. Heard many Caspian & Lakeshore owners/tenants are mainland Chinese (due to proximity to NUS/NTU).
    is WFW sold out ??

Sales just cross 75% sold... very slow.....

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    is WFW sold out ??

Slow is good... then less people occupy. Then the crazy can enjoy everything better....

Sales just cross 75% sold... very slow.....
    Home of Waterfront Waves @ http://waterfrontwaves.freeforums.org

Quote Originally Posted by cheahsg
    Slow is good... then less people occupy. Then the crazy can enjoy everything better....
    Haha! That is partially true. Can someone remind me how much is the monthly conservancy charges for waterfront waves? I am ecstatic that the crazy club members are growing and even more excited when i see the fast progress of construction. Thank you ken for uploading the photos. Perhaps we can all meet up someday for coffee and then take a group picture at the construction site for memory. As for Ken and i, we already have met before. Now it will be the rest of the crazy club members that i cant wait to meet.

Quote Originally Posted by cyl
    Haha! That is partially true. Can someone remind me how much is the monthly conservancy charges for waterfront waves? I am ecstatic that the crazy club members are growing and even more excited when i see the fast progress of construction. Thank you ken for uploading the photos. Perhaps we can all meet up someday for coffee and then take a group picture at the construction site for memory. As for Ken and i, we already have met before. Now it will be the rest of the crazy club members that i cant wait to meet.
    i really admire the spirits on the group ...

whether it wil be a sell out project or not .. i am still happy for you guys .. well done

Hi cyl,

Estimated for 3 bedr is $270.
    Yeah...Crazy club members should meet-up someday for coffee..maybe we have already met them at the fengshui talk few months back!

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    is WFW sold out ??
    Nope. I did consider staying here but the problem I see is future oversupply, total about 1,600 units coming into market before MRT is ready. But once MRT is ready with construction noise/dust settling, it is quite close to town if you travel by MRT then worth investing. Again, for people who buy now, their primary purpose is to enjoy life, investment is secondary loh

And there is this uncertainty over location of MRT ... so wait till confirmed is safer ... also they are selling lakeview units at such ridiculuous prices

Nope. I did consider staying here but the problem I see is future oversupply, total about 1,600 units coming into market before MRT is ready.
    No of units (Bedok Reservoir)
    Waterfront development : 1600
    BayWater : 232
    Aquarius By The Park : 720
    The Clearwater : 420

Total No of Units : 2972

Did not include The Tropica (537 units) as the address is under Tampines though it is located on the other side of the lake.

If included : Total no of units = 3509

No of units (Simei)
    Double Bay Residences : 646
    Simei Green : 602
    Mondena : 230
    Tropical Spring : 242
    Eastpoint Green : 684

Total No of Units : 2396

If i will to include the below 3 projects (which is further down the street) :
    Changi Rise : 598
    Savannah Condo Park : 648
    Melville Park : 1232

Total no of units : 2478

Grand Total : 4874

Yup... that is how we are going to have 6.5mil people by 2018. More people, more units. And most of them will be foreigners.

Quote Originally Posted by kEN9170

Did not include The Tropica (537 units) as the address is under Tampines though it is located on the other side of the lake.

No of units (Simei)

Home of Waterfront Waves @ http://waterfrontwaves.freeforums.org

No of units (Simei)

You are comparing existing occupied flats vs future supply where take-up rate and occupancy rate is still unknown. Anyway, let's see how is the response to Waterfront Keys first.

Water Lover, is your financial adviser one of them??? Never trust these peoples...

Singapore bars 10 firms from selling structured notes

SINGAPORE: The Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) has, for the first time, imposed bans on the sale of structured notes by 10 financial institutions (FIs) which had distributed toxic structured notes linked to the collapsed US financial institution Lehman Brothers.

The bans took effect on July 1 and will remain in place until MAS is satisfied there are adequate measures to address the findings of its investigation into the sale of the failed structured products last year.

The 10 FIs are ABN Amro Bank, CIMB—GK Securities, DBS Bank, DMG and Partners Securities, Hong Leong Finance, Kim Eng Securities, Maybank, OCBC Securities, Philip Securities and UOB Kay Hian.

MAS revealed this as it released the findings of its investigations into the sale of the failed structured products last year.

The regulator found that the 10 FIs had policies, procedures and controls in place for the sale and marketing of the structured notes, but the extent of due diligence and level of internal controls differed among them.
    As a result, MAS said there were various forms of non—compliance with its notices and guidelines on the sale and marketing of these investment products.

MAS said some of the specific failings included insufficient steps taken by some FIs to ensure that all their financial advisory representatives were properly trained before marketing and selling these products.

The regulator also noted that some FIs had assigned risk ratings to the products that were inconsistent with risk warnings stated in the prospectus and pricing statement.
    According to MAS, there were also weaknesses in how some FIs ensured that their sales representatives were properly equipped with accurate and complete information about the structured notes.

As a preventive measure, the regulator said FIs must rectify all weaknesses identified in the investigations, appoint an external person identified by MAS to review action plans and report on implementation, and appoint senior management staff to oversee compliance with MAS’ direction.

MAS said that until it is satisfied with the measures put in place, the FIs will not be able to distribute structured notes.

MAS also gave details about how the FIs have compensated investors who bought structured notes.

Hong Leong Finance paid S$57.6 million to 2,048 investors who bought the structured notes that it distributed. This is the highest amount of compensation paid out to retail investors. Hong Leong Finance is also barred from selling structured notes for two years.

Maybank offered S$25.3 million to 1,100 investors, while ABN Amro paid 262 investors S$14.1 million.

DBS Bank compensated 197 investors S$7.6 million. The three banks will be banned from selling structured notes for six months. According to MAS, the total settlements for decided cases amounted to S$105 million.

The six brokerage firms, which also sold the structured notes, paid a total of S$2.74 million to 297 investors. UOB Kay Hian and DMG & Partners will get a six—month ban, while the others will be barred from selling structured notes for a year each.

Quote Originally Posted by Water Lover
    My financial adviser told me b4 the crash, the subprime housing problem was a small problem. His company had all the expert and latest information to support this and advise clients should continue to invest in emerging markets for long term.

Lucky never listen. I guess many of his client now have big hole in their pockets. Though most have use CPF money but still hard earned money.

"long term" wonder still feasible in this era...

The irony is crash or boom... he is still getting regular commission from the outstanding investment amt of his clients..Don't undertsand what kind of logic, give wrong advice still get paid..??

Seriously wonder retail investors have the time to screen through all the different reports or research by themselves. I would just wait for market to correct and buy some blue chips to keep.

Would choose to sleep soundly then having sleepness nights or heart attack and not being able to focus on your job

I am not a financial expert, just what I observed from experience and chose to be a kiasu investor.

Waterfront need a MRT station, a new mall and an improved water features for the reservoir... and I wish to have more greenery and less CO...

You are comparing existing occupied flats vs future supply where take-up rate and occupancy rate is still unknown. Anyway, let's see how is the response to Waterfront Keys first.

Waterfront need a MRT station, a new mall and an improved water features for the reservoir... and I wish to have more greenery and less CO...
    Yes, will move there when MRT is up I am a lazy fellow, to me walking distance to MRT means 300m so I am not sure it will be at Bedok Reservoir Crescent or near Aquarius by the Park .. it has huge potential ...

probably can do a sum of all the district 15 too....i'm keen to know those numbers.... All I can say, Singapore is still an island, there is no such things as oversupply if one looks at it on a strategic investment Vs a speculative thinking....Time will tell....

No of units (Simei)

Construction Progressing Well, Thanks for Your Support!

Waterfront Living...

Hey all,

I have got a question to ask. My friend is considering the DBSS at Bishan (Natural Loft). The agent quoted him a price at $680K for a five bedroom unit (120sqm).

Question is, is that worth it? I find that its really ridiculous paying such a price tag for a HDB flat. Then again, i maybe wrong as i am not sure about the market sentiments towards such projects.

P.S. I know its a thread for waterfront but i cant seem to find a thread for Natural loft) So do give me some comments on this.

Hey all,

I have got a question to ask. My friend is considering the DBSS at Bishan (Natural Loft). The agent quoted him a price at $680K for a five bedroom unit (120sqm).

Question is, is that worth it? I find that its really ridiculous paying such a price tag for a HDB flat. Then again, i maybe wrong as i am not sure about the market sentiments towards such projects.

P.S. I know its a thread for waterfront but i cant seem to find a thread for Natural loft) So do give me some comments on this.
    how is DBSS different from any HDB 5 years down the road ? the so call condo interior will be just as good as any HDB after 5 years. worst still, how many ppl willing to pay 700k for a resale hdb.. only a handful that set record..

Hey all,

If family not big, might as well buy 2br Rafflesia condo lah, nearer to MRT & opposite RI. Buy at this price, far from MRT, 6 years later want to sell 700k+ who will be so stupid to take over from you? Again, all the sellers from The Peak, Boon Keng, AMK & Simei DBSS all queue up to sell almost the same time. And what if developers lower prices to clear unsold units 6m down the road They are not like FEO leh, die die hold at high psf for years

Hi hi... Its me again. Miss Question here with a question.

Remember the agent saying that a free shuttle service will be provided from WFW to bedok interchange for the first year. I was thinking, would it be better if the shuttle service brings us to tampines interchange. Personally, i think that tampines has more to offer in terms of varity(Food, entertainment etc). While the area in bedok interchange seems limited. What do you guys think?