Page 106 of 117 FirstFirst ... 7681869196101102103104105106107108109110111116 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,180 of 3489

Thread: Waterfront Waves (D16, 99 year LH, Frasers Centrepoint / Far East Organization)

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    i am lost ... WFW thread strayed to maybe what ? now he stays in Dakota ?
    I think he does stay at DR. Focus, care to cfm?

i am lost ... WFW thread strayed to maybe what ? now he stays in Dakota ?
    I think it was my fault, I started the discussion on plane noise in response to somebody's post....sorry for the OT

It's good discussion though didn't occur to me that fighter jet noise can be an issue. Last time my camp near airbase also didn't notice. Have time must really move around Singapore to know the environment better! Looking at brochure or map is not good enough. At least we now know that bedok resoviour is a pretty good location?

Not sure about aeroplanes in Pasir Ris...

Quote Originally Posted by noblebaby
    What about Livia or pasir ris? ok?

Actually, you are right on this point. There are 1-2 developments very near a disease center and facing the living quarters in it (about 50m-100m away if I not mistaken). Nobody actually think that water is a very effective medium for transmitting disease.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    U forgot to mention - never stay near disease centers and hospital

But seriously, if one is scared of telephony transmission signals and power lines, then the entire Singapore cannot make it liao. BTW, the tower structures do NOT transmit, it's the antennae that transmit. If the antennae are not on the towers (at low density areas like Fort Canning, Sentosa and hills), they are on top of buildings lah. In short, they are everywhere - so that you can have handphone signal mah. If scared of signals, then avoid all houses that that give u "5 bar" signal. kekeke.....

From my experience, the worst aircraft jet noise pollution is the old airport road area and the vicinity, i.e. Meyer, Guillemard, etc. The noise is unbearable - it's different from road noise and even train noise. It's a sharp disturbing noise that gives me acute headache.

A serene place... but vry ulu place for certain grp of ppls, ppl complain no mrt, hard to access orchard, etc etc etc...

for WFW owners, its a perfect place to rest & relax...

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    It's good discussion though didn't occur to me that fighter jet noise can be an issue. Last time my camp near airbase also didn't notice. Have time must really move around Singapore to know the environment better! Looking at brochure or map is not good enough. At least we now know that bedok resoviour is a pretty good location?

yes, focus is staying in DR now, he posted some photos of his unit onto this forum b4.

focus, do u mind to share ur reno?

Quote Originally Posted by acewee
    I think he does stay at DR. Focus, care to cfm?

Quote Originally Posted by HP65
    I think it was my fault, I started the discussion on plane noise in response to somebody's post....sorry for the OT

no worries bro ... it was a good discussion

an agent friend of mine always tells me ... TRY not to buy new launch... cos all you see is a blue print .. very often..the actual product can be very shockingly different ...

so she advocates buying only TOPped project .. you get to see it, feel it ..and in this case ..HEAR it ...

so that sense ..she is right .. even if you have to pay a higher than launch price .. at least you know what you are getting ..

an agent friend of mine always tells me ... TRY not to buy new launch... cos all you see is a blue print .. very often..the actual product can be very shockingly different ...

so she advocates buying only TOPped project .. you get to see it, feel it ..and in this case ..HEAR it ...

so that sense ..she is right .. even if you have to pay a higher than launch price .. at least you know what you are getting ..
    smarter agts will prefer to sell TOPed/resale/subsale....go figure out urself

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    smarter agts will prefer to sell TOPed/resale/subsale....go figure out urself
    If the agents doing this are smart, then the stupid ones are ....

sure la, TOPed project is more expensive, more commision for her

commision for new launch is chicken feed.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Trying to save on $10k commission to agent but very willing to pay $500k more to the property developer? Otherwise, I just can't see what is the value of the current new private property with creative layout (which include big big planter areas, bay windows, balconies) vs the old? (Mind you, I have seen many 14xx sqft new private units which has almost same usable space as a 11xx sqft resale private units!).

Quote Originally Posted by noblebaby
    sure la, TOPed project is more expensive, more commision for her

commision for new launch is chicken feed.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Trying to save on $10k commission to agent but very willing to pay $500k more to the property developer? Otherwise, I just can't see what is the value of the current new private property with creative layout (which include big big planter areas, bay windows, balconies) vs the old? (Mind you, I have seen many 14xx sqft new private units which has almost same usable space as a 11xx sqft resale private units!).
    For investment to rent out I agree with you. But if for own stay then its personal preference lah. Heard of the hokkien saying losely translated as 'new toilet, more comfortable to shit'? Some people prefer 1st hand whle other don't mind resale. I have to admit that top ones are technically 'un-used' but its maybe a pyschological thing.

Having said the above, won't it hugely depend on the state of economy as well? It is also usually much cheaper to buy when launched then when top so why pay more, be it to developer or private seller?

But there is something call, "renovation". Can replace all the old with new and branded ones too.
    For investment to rent out I agree with you. But if for own stay then its personal preference lah. Heard of the hokkien saying losely translated as 'new toilet, more comfortable to shit'? Some people prefer 1st hand whle other don't mind resale. I have to admit that top ones are technically 'un-used' but its maybe a pyschological thing.

Having said the above, won't it hugely depend on the state of economy as well? It is also usually much cheaper to buy when launched then when top so why pay more, be it to developer or private seller?

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    But there is something call, "renovation". Can replace all the old with new and branded ones too.
    Of course there is no denying that. Even brand new you will also reno a bit. But we cannot logically explain psychological influence of purchasing something like a house. Anyways, there are many different types of people with difference preference.

1 can only think of 1 kind of people who want to buy brand new non-TOP property even if it means paying much more in terms of paying for useless vacuum space in the sqft stated, much higher $psf, and start paying interest without being able to rent out yet - Just to flip! For quick flipping, undeniably, brand new non-TOP is the best! But who are these people targeting? Shouldn't they be targeting the super-rich where they just want brand-new non-TOP property and nothing else? And these people buy brand new non-TOP properties in OCR at $1k psf to target the super-rich? Shouldn't they be targeting those >$3k psf?

Of course there is no denying that. Even brand new you will also reno a bit. But we cannot logically explain psychological influence of purchasing something like a house. Anyways, there are many different types of people with difference preference.

1) Own stay, buy and pay only for usable space, not useless space. Buy to immediately live in.
    2) For investment, buy to immediately rent out, don't pay for useless space because then your rental yield is higher.
    3) Buy new launch cheaper than TOP? What about the interest you pay while waiting for it to be built, the loss of rental/use for own living? Might as well buy resale lagi cheaper + more useful space in the layout (you don't pay for vacuum space (big big planter areas, air-con ledges, bay windows and super big balconies don't know for what) you can't use in the SqFt stated for that property?

1 can only think of 1 kind of people who want to buy brand new non-TOP property even if it means paying much more in terms of paying for useless vacuum space in the sqft stated, much higher $psf, and start paying interest without being able to rent out yet - Just to flip! For quick flipping, undeniably, brand new non-TOP is the best! But who are these people targeting? Shouldn't they be targeting the super-rich where they just want brand-new non-TOP property and nothing else? And these people buy brand new non-TOP properties in OCR at $1k psf to target the super-rich? Shouldn't they be targeting those >$3k psf?
    But there are many buyers of recent launches who buy to stay and not to flip leh, especially after the recnet measures. I doubt all of them are super rich.

In 3 years time, when these all going to TOP, let's see how many buyers are the really buy to stay type.

But there are many buyers of recent launches who buy to stay and not to flip leh, especially after the recnet measures. I doubt all of them are super rich.

1) Own stay, buy and pay only for usable space, not useless space. Buy to immediately live in.
    2) For investment, buy to immediately rent out, don't pay for useless space because then your rental yield is higher.
    3) Buy new launch cheaper than TOP? What about the interest you pay while waiting for it to be built, the loss of rental/use for own living? Might as well buy resale lagi cheaper + more useful space in the layout (you don't pay for vacuum space (big big planter areas, air-con ledges, bay windows and super big balconies don't know for what) you can't use in the SqFt stated for that property?
    I totally agree with pt 1 & 2, ie. why pay for non-usable space. I think this is a no brainer. As for pt 3, it really depends on when you buy and the economic condition. For eg those who bought WFW during starbuy will definitely have a better nett deal if you consider the low interest payable for progressive payment vs the extra quantum you have to pay when TOP for the same unit. New or old (resale) is really a matter of preference.

In 3 years time, when these all going to TOP, let's see how many buyers are the really buy to stay type.
    But based on this theory, then the 1st owner will only be tempted to sell and not stay if the offer is significantly better right? Else they will anyway stick to their original intent if there is excess supply that doesn't make selling attractive. But if you then want to buy at TOP from a seller who bought to stay, anything short of offering a good price will be rejected. Keep in mind i'm refering to own stay buyers and not investors yah.

Buyers for own stay will not sell regardless of price. I believe there are many buying OCR properties to flip despite the huge increase in OCR price vs CCR because they deem them as cheap. The reason why they forsake CCR (where the properties are more "investment grade") is because those are expensive, whereas people who don't deem those as expensive generally have firepower to hold, but not those buying OCR because they need to buy cheap. Those without firepower to hold come TOP will be forced to sell cheap. In general, CCR prices will always be at least 2x-3x or more than OCR prices. With OCR prices hitting $1200 psf while there are many CCR prices still transacting significantly at <$2400 psf, then the conclusion is either OCR is too expensive or CCR is too cheap! Let's see which is the real outcome.

But based on this theory, then the 1st owner will only be tempted to sell and not stay if the offer is significantly better right? Else they will anyway stick to their original intent if there is excess supply that doesn't make selling attractive. But if you then want to buy at TOP from a seller who bought to stay, anything short of offering a good price will be rejected. Keep in mind i'm refering to own stay buyers and not investors yah.

Buyers for own stay will not sell regardless of price. I believe there are many buying OCR properties to flip despite the huge increase in OCR price vs CCR because they deem them as cheap. The reason why they forsake CCR (where the properties are more "investment grade") is because those are expensive, whereas people who don't deem those as expensive generally have firepower to hold, but not those buying OCR because they need to buy cheap. Those without firepower to hold come TOP will be forced to sell cheap. In general, CCR prices will always be at least 2x-3x or more than OCR prices. With OCR prices hitting $1200 psf while there are many CCR prices still transacting significantly at <$2400 psf, then the conclusion is either OCR is too expensive or CCR is too cheap! Let's see which is the real outcome.
    Most people will sell if the offer is too good to be true, including for own stay. I suppose investors, as in your eg., will have a different agenda and objective anyway so its not apple to apple comparison since this discussion first started off as whether it makes more sense to buy at launch, top or old re-sale irrespective of intent. Anyway, cheers.

during a bull market...i will either buy resale or new launches....nvr buy just TOPed projects(super ex)

during bear market...can aim just TOPed/gona to TOP or even subsale...

Progress as on 30th October 2010

Default http://www.fraserscentrepointhomes.com/contentview.aspx?article_id=12

Progress On Site For Waterfront Waves As At End October 2010
    S/N Items Progress Status
    1 Foundation Work In Progress
    2 Reinforced Concrete Framework Completed
    3 Brick Walls Completed
    4 Ceilings In Progress
    5 Door and Window Frames In Progress
    6 Car Parks, Roads and Drains In Progress
    7 TOP issued Nil
    BE CENTRED BY ALL AT THE FRINGE OF THE CITY @

foundation work still in progress

Probably an error in the update as the frameworks already Completed.

Quote Originally Posted by rainy
    foundation work still in progress
    BE CENTRED BY ALL AT THE FRINGE OF THE CITY @

Waterfront Waves using Daikin Inverter Multi Split (R410A)

Waterfront Waves has fiber optic cable installed.

Dear Sir,
    Thank you for your email and we are pleased to inform that there will
    be fiber optic cable to the development.

Many thanks
    Katherine Kwok
    Marketing Manager
    Frasers Centrepoint Limited