Page 105 of 117 FirstFirst ... 7580859095100101102103104105106107108109110115 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,150 of 3489

Thread: Waterfront Waves (D16, 99 year LH, Frasers Centrepoint / Far East Organization)

Really? The Quartz really that bad?

Quote Originally Posted by HP65
    Can also put in Quartz, Dakota Residences, Waterbank in the list. These 3 are by far the worst I have come across. Waterbank and Dakota Resi can be experienced when one goes to Old Airport Rd Mkt for meals. Quartz....you just have to be around that area to understand what I mean.

Those with babies or toddlers, like one of my staff who stays at The Quartz, should really avoid these condos. Actually, just staying a bit away from them is already better (if one really need to be in this area) as they are directly under the flight path of the fighter jets. My staff sold her Quartz and bought Florida instead.

Makes a lot of difference because Florida is 'parallel' to the runway while Quartz is unfortunately in the U-turn flight path because the jets will have to do a sharp left after take-off because turning right will hit Changi airspace while going straight will hit malaysia airspace. When the jet is turning, the sound is louder actually. As for Dakorta and Waterbank, confirm in direct landing path. You can even see the shadow of the jets during a sunny day.

Quote Originally Posted by cheerful
    But Quartz and Florida not tt far away apart mah ...your staff izit trying to profit by selling condo & moving to EC?

Do I need to spell out?......just go to D15 and D18.....look up the sky and open your ears and eyes.....

"as far as I understand....non....mainly D15 and D18 (nearer to airport)..."

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Which other areas in the East?

Quote Originally Posted by acewee
    Makes a lot of difference because Florida is 'parallel' to the runway while Quartz is unfortunately in the U-turn flight path because the jets will have to do a sharp left after take-off because turning right will hit Changi airspace while going straight will hit malaysia airspace. When the jet is turning, the sound is louder actually. As for Dakorta and Waterbank, confirm in direct landing path. You can even see the shadow of the jets during a sunny day.
    I'm staying at Dakota Residences now..
    i can confirmed! Very Bad for Health!
    We are under the flight path ..like those condos near Meyer Road .. and then those bungalows directly in front of me at Goodman area..

But ...after a while.. get used to it ... Actually, for those who are working 9-6pm weekdays, they actually won't feel the noise.

Btw, I think the report might be referring to those AIRPORTS that are heavily used like Changi Airport.. Those with flights coming in and out every minute..

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    We are under the flight path ..like those condos near Meyer Road .. and then those bungalows directly in front of me at Goodman area..

But ...after a while.. get used to it ... Actually, for those who are working 9-6pm weekdays, they actually won't feel the noise.
    how often during wkdays?

Is the noise vry loud even inside the unit with windows closed? Worst than stayin near to expressway?

Btw, I think the report might be referring to those AIRPORTS that are heavily used like Changi Airport.. Those with flights coming in and out every minute..

damn jialat leh....mabe tmr i camp down there to witness for myself

Actually, you seem to be quite familiar with the route. Can you elaborate?

I noticed that the fighter jets bank left sharply at Serangoon river and then U-turn?

Where u want to camp?

So far reservoir n bedok central is ok... No aeroplane noise... Wah new discussion, last time condo beside expressway, now condo below flight path....

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    damn jialat leh....mabe tmr i camp down there to witness for myself

Mayb he is a pilot hehe

Quote Originally Posted by gohsoonk

I noticed that the fighter jets bank left sharply at Serangoon river and then U-turn?

i used to live like 100m from railway track ..but on a high ground and some more 16 flr ..

i agree ..initially felt the train damn noisy ...but after 6-12mth gotten used to it ..

BUT one difference though ..the train actually SLOW down as it approach the condo ..

while PLANES cannot slow down ...

also .. for most men ... thats fine cos ..we are in office 9-5 ..imagine your family ? kind of noisy whole day ya ?

Those who work during daytime won't realise the noise until u r on leave or mc. Nonetheless, cannot escape night training days. But strangely, the night training isn't very often lately. Anyone know if they still conduct it?

Those who work during daytime won't realise the noise until u r on leave or mc. Nonetheless, cannot escape night training days. But strangely, the night training isn't very often lately. Anyone know if they still conduct it?

maybe thats why geylang is where it is ...

the plane noise will mask the moans from the lorongs .....

I happen to be a 'beneficiary' of the noise as my current house is along the take-off path. I can see the jets do cornering from my arm chair in my living. As mentioned earlier, there is only one route after take-off.....sharp left.

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    i used to live like 100m from railway track ..but on a high ground and some more 16 flr ..

i agree ..initially felt the train damn noisy ...but after 6-12mth gotten used to it ..

BUT one difference though ..the train actually SLOW down as it approach the condo ..

while PLANES cannot slow down ...

also .. for most men ... thats fine cos ..we are in office 9-5 ..imagine your family ? kind of noisy whole day ya ?
    Agreed on the family part. But like you mentioned, you will get used to the noise which isn't frequent. It's hourly at most, though it does not happen daily and it does not start at 9 and end at 6..

For example, this week, Monday there was jets coming in only during the afternoon time. Tuesday and Wednesday seems to be damn quiet..
    At night, I have not heard the night exercise flights yet.

Anyway, I did asked my neighbour (a retiree living at goodman road) about the noise and he said it's a very small issue.

I think must stay in the area to appreciate that living under the flight path is not so unnerving (Unless it becomes very frequent like the airport...)..

I monitor and tell you guys in a month's time ! ..

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Another one to add to "Locations to avoid":
    1) Near airports, both commercial & military - Changi under the commercial aeroplanes taking off/landing path, Tenga Airbase, Seletar airbase, payar lebar airbase.
    2) Near transmission towers (Hillview / Upper Bukit Timah areas?)
    3) Just beside wild life areas (Bukit Timah Hills areas (got monkeys, snakes, etc) / Zoo areas (bears, tigers, lions, leopards escaped? + ???) [See recent news on monkeys!]

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Singapore is the ONLY country in the world when agents can tell you the "good" point of a development is "near airport". In most countries, esp western countries, being near to airport and expose to massive air and noise pollution to one's detriment is a major turn-off. That's why most airports are located away from highly populated areas.

1) Near airports, both commercial & military - Changi under the commercial aeroplanes taking off/landing path, Tenga Airbase, Seletar airbase, payar lebar airbase.
    3) Just beside wild life areas (Bukit Timah Hills areas (got monkeys, snakes, etc) / Zoo areas (bears, tigers, lions, leopards escaped? + ???) [See recent news on monkeys!]
    i assume u stay in novena/orchard?

got mall, mrt...city...best liao?

Singapore is so small, like that whole island all avoid

Anyway another one to add: Near army camps with Helicopter training: Woodlands and sembawang.

Quote Originally Posted by 2824
    Singapore is so small, like that whole island all avoid

Anyway another one to add: Near army camps with Helicopter training: Woodlands and sembawang.
    I add one more..
    avoid all landed with Power transmission lines running thru the back of the houses..
    there's a lot of research done that this one got higher probability of causing cancer..

I add one more..
    avoid all landed with Power transmission lines running thru the back of the houses..
    there's a lot of research done that this one got higher probability of causing cancer..
    wah ... better dun use Handphone too....

dun take packet drinks...dun eat outside food...

grow ur own vege...organic best

The noise is not comparable to expressway. Expressway noise is like soft buzzing. The fighter jets are damn loud that it will disturb a toddler's sleep...on aircon and close windows does not help either...

Quote Originally Posted by noblebaby
    Is the noise vry loud even inside the unit with windows closed? Worst than stayin near to expressway?

What about Livia or pasir ris? ok?

The noise is not comparable to expressway. Expressway noise is like soft buzzing. The fighter jets are damn loud that it will disturb a toddler's sleep...on aircon and close windows does not help either...

What about Livia or pasir ris? ok?
    pasir ris ok....got occasional aeroplane noise though but sounds like a distant away...hardly noticeable

dakota like so bad leh....cham la...

U forgot to mention - never stay near disease centers and hospital

But seriously, if one is scared of telephony transmission signals and power lines, then the entire Singapore cannot make it liao. BTW, the tower structures do NOT transmit, it's the antennae that transmit. If the antennae are not on the towers (at low density areas like Fort Canning, Sentosa and hills), they are on top of buildings lah. In short, they are everywhere - so that you can have handphone signal mah. If scared of signals, then avoid all houses that that give u "5 bar" signal. kekeke.....

From my experience, the worst aircraft jet noise pollution is the old airport road area and the vicinity, i.e. Meyer, Guillemard, etc. The noise is unbearable - it's different from road noise and even train noise. It's a sharp disturbing noise that gives me acute headache.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    wah ... better dun use Handphone too....

dun take packet drinks...dun eat outside food...

grow ur own vege...organic best

Look like bedok reservoir is a healthy place to stay...

WFW confirm no impact from jet plane noise pollution.

Look like bedok reservoir is a healthy place to stay...

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    U forgot to mention - never stay near disease centers and hospital

But seriously, if one is scared of telephony transmission signals and power lines, then the entire Singapore cannot make it liao. BTW, the tower structures do NOT transmit, it's the antennae that transmit. If the antennae are not on the towers (at low density areas like Fort Canning, Sentosa and hills), they are on top of buildings lah. In short, they are everywhere - so that you can have handphone signal mah. If scared of signals, then avoid all houses that that give u "5 bar" signal. kekeke.....

From my experience, the worst aircraft jet noise pollution is the old airport road area and the vicinity, i.e. Meyer, Guillemard, etc. The noise is unbearable - it's different from road noise and even train noise. It's a sharp disturbing noise that gives me acute headache.
    True true.. If I have known it's in the flight path, I think I wouldn't have bought for own stay.

But now after living in it for a week, I find it to be quite a good area to live in. Damn quiet at night. I think you guys must come to stay to believe..

Anyway, now LAN LAN.. buy for own stay.. just stay and no point thinking about the noise and the price liao But I still think this place is damn perfect for living .. Really enjoy the place actually.. Not as crowded as city but near city. Quiet and peaceful at night.. daytime (depends on the airforce generals whether happy or not ..and stopped sorties).

True true.. If I have known it's in the flight path, I think I wouldn't have bought for own stay.

But now after living in it for a week, I find it to be quite a good area to live in. Damn quiet at night. I think you guys must come to stay to believe..

Anyway, now LAN LAN.. buy for own stay.. just stay and no point thinking about the noise and the price liao But I still think this place is damn perfect for living .. Really enjoy the place actually.. Not as crowded as city but near city. Quiet and peaceful at night.. daytime (depends on the airforce generals whether happy or not ..and stopped sorties).

where u stay ? water front waves ?

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    where u stay ? water front waves ?
    U r funny lah. Wfw not yet Top how can focus b staying there now?

U r funny lah. Wfw not yet Top how can focus b staying there now?
    i am lost ... WFW thread strayed to maybe what ? now he stays in Dakota ?