Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Honestly HDB resale price is DROPPING

Default Honestly HDB resale price is DROPPING

Was browsing thru guru and i realise like wow compared to a year ago prices have really softened talking about 4/5 rm flats in east side

its a pity i cannot buy cos a 1300sq ft 5rm flat in pasir ris with 4 bedrooms cost only 500k plus minus thats less than half of what a similar condo would sell for....seems like good value if u ask me
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

Those who just got their keys to their EC and are waiting to sell their HDB are the group most affected.
    What happens, if after 6 months, they are unable to sell their HDB?

Quote Originally Posted by princess_morbucks View Post
    Those who just got their keys to their EC and are waiting to sell their HDB are the group most affected.
    No la, sure can sell, drop 50k or 100k sure can sell the resale hdb! Hahaha

sell to the bid, and rental yields would certainly look pretty attractive at those levels.

Well looking on the bright side, at least they did not have to pay resale levy and they probably got their ECs at lower prices

this is not good news, demand for ECs/upgrading will drop alot.

..... and my dork friend paid $8k cov for a low storey flat in tampines..

Too bad lor. No such thing call cannot sell one. If I have a 5 bedroom flat, I want to sell 2M, I won't be able to sell it even if I market it for 20 years. But if I want to sell at 300k, then it will be grabbed up almost immediately.

Anyway, HDB should go back to basic. Cheap, affordable and no profit. HDB is for own stay. Most people can't sell also. Sell already stay where? Buy 300k, sell 300k. We Singaporeans are supportive of this no profit own stay policy. HDB is public housing.

this will have a deflationary effect throughout the economy. just think, how many COEs is funded by COV money...

Quote Originally Posted by smellyfish View Post
    this will have a deflationary effect throughout the economy. just think, how many COEs is funded by COV money...

How can COV be deflationary? Where does COV money goes to?
    狮子王 (formerly blackjack21trader): READ MY LIPS: NO MORE CRASH FOR 60 YEARS.

Quote Originally Posted by pod View Post
    ..... and my dork friend paid $8k cov for a low storey flat in tampines..
    Why is he a dork?
    Mabbe the flat is just opposite the MRT station?

Quote Originally Posted by sgbuyer View Post
    How can COV be deflationary? Where does COV money goes to?
    it's not COV = deflationary, its BIG DROP in COV = deflationary

Good drop more. isn't this what they all wanted. HDB crash . people say Crash the price HBD reset back to basic.

Become Basic price good!!!!! way to go!!! Good ah!
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

Why is he a dork?
    Mabbe the flat is just opposite the MRT station?

Nope... its not near MRT....

He is a kanchiong spider for sure... muahahahahaha....

Quote Originally Posted by minority View Post
    Good drop more. isn't this what they all wanted. HDB crash . people say Crash the price HBD reset back to basic.

Become Basic price good!!!!! way to go!!! Good ah!
    good ah.. go down summore... next time my children buy hdb wont ask me for money..

maybe still got xtra allowance for me to lim kopi...
    Ong lai ah!

Quote Originally Posted by onglai View Post
    good ah.. go down summore... next time my children buy hdb wont ask me for money..

dun so kua suay siao yr children mah .... sekali they retorted u "who says we wanna buy hdb?" & rolled eyes at u
    liddat u lao kui wor!

Moderation of price will occur. Watch out for outskirt area where there is oversupply of flats and PCs.
    Quote Originally Posted by onglai View Post

Quote Originally Posted by smellyfish View Post
    Fund COEs using COV money? Good, these people probably shouldn't be buying cars.

Thumbs down

hope there is no spillover to the pc mkt...
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

Anybody got whiff of ground news about HDB rental market?

My friend just renewed his sengkang hdb flat.. He is a happy man... hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by pod View Post
    Anybody got whiff of ground news about HDB rental market?

My friend just renewed his sengkang hdb flat.. He is a happy man... hahahaha
    You can check it here.
    http://services2.hdb.gov.sg/webapp/B...2PSearch.faces
    Cheers !

tks for the link seems like everything can find on the net

a friend of mine ...single ... looking to buy resale HDB ...told me the 5-10 yr old at queenstown still command at least 30k COV ...

and some sellers even asking 120k cov ...

how come ?

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner View Post
    a friend of mine ...single ... looking to buy resale HDB ...told me the 5-10 yr old at queenstown still command at least 30k COV ...

how come ?
    3 reasons location location location

how come ?
    Last time Queenstown can get 200k COV. I am also currently looking for resale flat. It is true that the price is softening really fast. 1 year ago, I am looking at TPY flat, the COV is like 100k and cannot really nego. Now it is like 30k and can nego....

Now the favorite phase by all the agent is "The owner is aware of the current market and is not expecting a high COV" I have seen a few flat going for zero COV. But location is impt. Some location still can get good COV and price.

What I see is we have a lot of upgraders now selling their flat. We will have more and more selling as more and more EC gets TOP. Also those who want the ABSD rebate by selling their 1st property will also start to sell off their property.

Quote Originally Posted by RCT View Post
    Last time Queenstown can get 200k COV. I am also currently looking for resale flat. It is true that the price is softening really fast. 1 year ago, I am looking at TPY flat, the COV is like 100k and cannot really nego. Now it is like 30k and can nego....

Now the favorite phase by all the agent is "The owner is aware of the current market and is not expecting a high COV" I have seen a few flat going for zero COV. But location is impt. Some location still can get good COV and price.

What I see is we have a lot of upgraders now selling their flat. We will have more and more selling as more and more EC gets TOP. Also those who want the ABSD rebate by selling their 1st property will also start to sell off their property.
    It is actually the PR factor. http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking...-flats-2013082

The demand for resale HDB will likely to return strongly in 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix View Post
    It is actually the PR factor. http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking...-flats-2013082

The demand for resale HDB will likely to return strongly in 2016.
    I don't think it is the PR factor. The percentage buying resale from PR is not really high..

It is the loan issues. Now you cannot take loan more than 30% of your salary. Singaporean are not cash rich. That is the killer. I am really surprised the CM on loan is so effective. I was in China and the CM on loan have totally not effect on the property....

how come ?
    the median cov is still about 8k if i din remember wrongly.. means some above water (good location) , some below water (ulu location)
    Ong lai ah!

I just met an old friend who got his keys to his ec and now
    Trying to sell his 5rm flat in punggol...in his words resale mkt
    For hdb is f% $#÷d up

your friend bought prive?