Thread: S'pore's best years are ahead, says PAP chairman Khaw

Default S'pore's best years are ahead, says PAP chairman Khaw

http://www.todayonline.com/singapore...outh-activists

SINGAPORE — Singapore’s best years are ahead and the ruling People’s Action Party (PAP), together with the citizens, has the power to shape destiny and write the continuing Singapore story.
    Making that point at the PAP Awards ceremony was Party Chairman and Minister for National Development Khaw Boon Wan.

More than 350 party activists were honoured yesterday evening (Dec 7), ahead of the party convention today.
    The theme is “Our New Way Forward - A Call to Action” and Mr Khaw reminded Singaporeans that as the government attends to current problems, it is important to plan ahead, preempt future problems and create new possibilities for future generations.
    “Singaporeans look to us, the PAP, to ensure that their welfare is protected. While we change our approach to nation building and evolve to stay abreast of external changes, our party’s purpose and our party’s basic values remain unchanged. We continue to act for the people of Singapore and to build a fair and just society,” said Mr Khaw.
    “I believe that as youths we have to engage fellow youths in terms of the national policies and think about our future and I believe that Young PAP will play an important role in connecting with youths and work closely with our seniors to tap their expertise to progress and lead the party forward,” said Young PAP award recipient Fong Yoong Kheong.
    Jalan Kayu Division award recipient Harjeet Singh said: “I do help in the meet-the-people sessions and I do see that a lot of people, they need help, maybe legal help, or just help in so many of their matters affecting them personally, maybe housing, traffic, family matters, and they really don’t know where to go and that will be the first stop.” CHANNEL NEWSASIA

huat ah means property will go up
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

Best years means more CM?

Isnt this the usual speech given every year ? What you expect them to say ? In every Staff comm. I go to... the CEO always tell us our company is moving towards its target and we are going to achieve good results blah blah blah. ..and it's because everyone of you plays a part.

Quote Originally Posted by focus View Post
    Isnt this the usual speech given every year ? What you expect them to say ? In every Staff comm. I go to... the CEO always tell us our company is moving towards its target and we are going to achieve good results blah blah blah. ..and it's because everyone of you plays a part.
    Don't bet against gov target. Our money against their deep pocket, we cannot win.

If best year's ahead, does that mean that property is still a good bet?

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    If best year's ahead, does that mean that property is still a good bet?
    Best year's ahead in gov term is really means "expanding tax bases". It means in year's ahead the gov will have more money to spend on projects and infrastructures. No delay in public spending means property prices will get elevated sooner rather than later.

in the past the message is always "we have done well, but there are hurdles ahead... dangers lurking... need to be vigilant... strive harder" plus the usual fear mongering of unseen bogeyman. Citizens better educated now, so need to tweak the message a bit.

Means pay and pay more.

Quote Originally Posted by indomie View Post
    Best year's ahead in gov term is really means "expanding tax bases". It means in year's ahead the gov will have more money to spend on projects and infrastructures. No delay in public spending means property prices will get elevated sooner rather than later.
    so the conclusion is still good bet then?

after tonites incident i have doubts...sigh for peace
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

I am quite excited... First time see riot in Singapore leh...

is Property in Sg still a good bet let say at mid term of 5 years horizon?

what do u think? considering the situations..