Thread: tricky situation need advise

Default tricky situation need advise

My Singaporean friend and his foreigner wife cannot apply for BTO nor buy resale flats. so my friend decided to purchase with his dad who currently do not own any hdb. my question is can the wife, not the owner of hdb flat, buy a private condo?

Quote Originally Posted by Akira Fudou View Post
    My Singaporean friend and his foreigner wife cannot apply for BTO nor buy resale flats. so my friend decided to purchase with his dad who currently do not own any hdb. my question is can the wife, not the owner of hdb flat, buy a private condo?
    The wife is considered as an OCCUPIER:
    http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10325p....PtyEligibility

They can buy resale flat under non-citizen spouse scheme. Also if he apply the flat with dad, I don't think need to place wife as occupier.

Let me guess, your Singaporean friend and his foreigner wife (Japanese?).

His Dad a single father?

Your Friend below the age of 35 yrs old?

Singaporean friend and his foreigner wife earn more than 12K a month combine income?

How come his dad is homeless?
    If his dad is eligible to buy a hdb , means he does not own anything at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post

His Dad a single father?

Singaporean friend and his foreigner wife earn more than 12K a month combine income?
    Your questions are very relevant .
    http://m.todayonline.com//singapore/...room-bto-flats

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10321p....e?OpenDocument

It is really quite easy...

Singaporean + Foreigner Wife
    You cannot apply HDB BTO but you can buy resale flat. There is not income cap on buying resale HDB.

But what princess_morbucks pointed out is good. Single above 35 years old with foreigner spouse and income less than $5k can apply for 2 room BTO.

The question is the dad dun have a HDB? Then where he stay? Private? If the dad have private estate, he cannot buy HDB anyway.

Ok, assuming the dad dun have private estate. Then it is easier to buy resale flat using Singaporean + Foreigner Wife name ba. Then use father name to buy private. Foreigner buy private need to pay 15% tax while Singaporean only pay 3%

Quote Originally Posted by RCT View Post
    They can buy resale flat under non-citizen spouse scheme. Also if he apply the flat with dad, I don't think need to place wife as occupier.
    Cant because wife is working here on EP. She intend to get PR. non-citizen spouse scheme is for long term pass i think

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123 View Post
    The wife is considered as an OCCUPIER:
    http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10325p....PtyEligibility
    This is what i dont really understand. do we have to state whos the occupier?

His Dad a single father?

Wife is Malaysian
    Dad and Mum divorced. Friend currently staying with Mum while Dad renting outside

combine income slightly above 10k

It is really quite easy...

Singaporean + Foreigner Wife
    You cannot apply HDB BTO but you can buy resale flat. There is not income cap on buying resale HDB.

But what princess_morbucks pointed out is good. Single above 35 years old with foreigner spouse and income less than $5k can apply for 2 room BTO.

The question is the dad dun have a HDB? Then where he stay? Private? If the dad have private estate, he cannot buy HDB anyway.

Ok, assuming the dad dun have private estate. Then it is easier to buy resale flat using Singaporean + Foreigner Wife name ba. Then use father name to buy private. Foreigner buy private need to pay 15% tax while Singaporean only pay 3%
    As i mentioned in my initial post, they cant BTO nor buy resale. So the only way out is son + dad, they can BTO or buy resale.

my question is can the wife purchase any private property while the husband has a hdb flat still with 5 years mop?

Let have another scenario. Singaporean husband and Singaporean wife and Singaporean dad. Son and dad go for either bto or resale. wife not stated as co-owner. can the wife buy private properties? can the wife also team up with his dad (for example same situation) to bto or buy resale, then husband and wife end up with 2 hdbs.

I seriously doubt HDB would allow anyone who is legally married status in Singapore to own a BTO flat excluding the spouse interest as long as the latter is alive.
    click: 🏢shoeboxmickeymousehouse 🏢

This is what i dont really understand. do we have to state whos the occupier?
    Best is get a written reply from hdb.
    By right must put wife as occupier so that when hdb check premises..she is a legal occupier.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi View Post
    I seriously doubt HDB would allow anyone who is legally married status in Singapore to own a BTO flat excluding the spouse interest as long as the latter is alive.
    i shared the same sentiment. Singaporean or not, co-owner or not, as long as you are legally bind as husband-wife, you are somehow still linked to property. Else this will be loop hole to be exploited.

The wife can apply long tern pass. Then then can both purchase a resale hdb flat.

i shared the same sentiment. Singaporean or not, co-owner or not, as long as you are legally bind as husband-wife, you are somehow still linked to property. Else this will be loop hole to be exploited.

If wife don't have her name in any property back home. Or in hdb. She can buy private. But the private is only under her name. N she have to qualify for the tdsr on the loan for the place. Husband income cannot be consider when taking loan.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

Post remove. No point sharing so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Cupcakes View Post
    Post remove. No point sharing so much.
    You really believe what people share online is the truth than you must be a Man of God.

Cant because wife is working here on EP. She intend to get PR. non-citizen spouse scheme is for long term pass i think
    Come on... Please read HDB policy clearly... Long term visit pass or WORK PASS

As i mentioned in my initial post, they cant BTO nor buy resale. So the only way out is son + dad, they can BTO or buy resale.

my question is can the wife purchase any private property while the husband has a hdb flat still with 5 years mop?

Let have another scenario. Singaporean husband and Singaporean wife and Singaporean dad. Son and dad go for either bto or resale. wife not stated as co-owner. can the wife buy private properties? can the wife also team up with his dad (for example same situation) to bto or buy resale, then husband and wife end up with 2 hdbs.
    How can the wife buy BTO with parent-in-law?

You really believe what people share online is the truth than you must be a Man of God.
    I only believe a friend of face the same situation before.

Come on... Please read HDB policy clearly... Long term visit pass or WORK PASS
    My bad, yes you are right. But for resale only.

My friend told me he want BTO or quarterly sale...

so not that tricky afterall...

but im still quite surprised on the wife buying private property part...

if they can afford 1 HDB+1 condo, why don't they just buy one condo? easy and no fuss

Quote Originally Posted by freesoul View Post
    if they can afford 1 HDB+1 condo, why don't they just buy one condo? easy and no fuss
    Like what Mr Lee once said, 'Don't ever sell HDB flat. Its the govt's gift to you.' Milk it and earn passive income mah...

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap View Post
    Like what Mr Lee once said, 'Don't ever sell HDB flat. Its the govt's gift to you.' Milk it and earn passive income mah...
    That is because "they" know (then) how much $ & planning has been & will be spent on the vicinity of these public housing to render good location with sound infra. That location mentioned was the HDB around the Holland area which is under Tg Pagar GRC. Guess it was also revealed in the recent 2013 URA draft MP. Politician will not give unsound advice but one will need to be very sharp to read what they say and imply. This forum has many good discussion threads on that.