Thread: New app turns your smartphone into a top up machine for Ez-Link cards

Default New app turns your smartphone into a top up machine for Ez-Link cards

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking...cards-20131205

Land Transport Authority-owned EZ-Link has launched an app that turns your smartphone into a mobile machine that tops up the value of your ezlink card.

Touted to be the world's first, the My EZ-Link Mobile app automates payment by charging to a user-designated MasterCard debit or credit card. Users must first enter personal and payment details into the app before they can tap their Ez-Link card on the smartphone to top up.

The app works only on smartphones that are near field communications (NFC) enabled. NFC is a wireless transmission technology that allows mobile payment.

With this, commuters need not visit ATMs or Ez-Link machines anymore. The smartphone payment option adds to existing fuss-free Giro and automatic stored-value reload options tied to the POSB ATM card and most credit cards.

Thumbs up for this apps ! I just topped up my ezlink card using my note3. Can even trace my ezlink transaction history. Really impressed and amazed with how far technology can go....

Quote Originally Posted by zeamybro View Post
    Thumbs up for this apps ! I just topped up my ezlink card using my note3. Can even trace my ezlink transaction history. Really impressed and amazed with how far technology can go....
    Yes zeamybro, I just did that too!
    However I am a little disappointed that student concession pass cannot be topped up this way, just as it cannot be topped up using the ATM.

Just a little reminder : remember to disable the NFC after use.

To iphone users: I don't think your phone can perform this function as there is no NFC on the iphone.