Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: do you give your children what they want?

Default do you give your children what they want?

now my daughter keep bugging me for iphone 5i discuss with my wife she say ask her do well for studies next yeari revert back to my daughter and she say by the time next year she want iphone 6

kns parent life is complicated
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

I will discuss the pros and cons with them and whether it is worth it.

As for mobile phone, I will gladly give if they ask.
    It is a form of communication.
    In fact I just bought my son an iphone 5s Gold.
    I asked him to convince me why he should have the phone.
    His answer : he seldom spends on things. He will be using the iphone daily and that works out to only a few cents a day for the next 2 years. He needs to stay ahead of technology. He feels happy by looking at the gold colour of the phone. He will feel loved by me as I am willing to spend on him.

As for my girl, she did not want to upgrade her iphone 4s as she feels a hassle changing phone, but she said that since her brother has a gift, she should be treated equally and that I should give her a gift too.
    So I bought her a nintendo 3DS.

Actually my son also wanted the 3DS, but I told him to choose between the 5s and 3 DS, cannot have both. He chose the 5s as it is more expensive (to get his money's worth), and also the phone is more useful than the 3DS.

He can always borrow the 3DS from his sister.
    My gal said she can lend him the 3DS in return for other favours.

the one trade i am trying to do with my son is putty in the potty in return for his beloved lollypop but even then he cant seem to do it

how do you all potty train?

he's almost 3.5 yrs old btw.

They are so fortunate. My children are only having free phone from student plan. Told them that they can only go for better ones through their own effort. We can only give them the basic ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by princess_morbucks View Post

His answer : he seldom spends on things. He will be using the iphone daily and that works out to only a few cents a day for the next 2 years. He needs to stay ahead of technology. He feels happy by looking at the gold colour of the phone. He will feel loved by me as I am willing to spend on him.

As for my girl, she did not want to upgrade her iphone 4s as she feels a hassle changing phone, but she said that since her brother has a gift, she should be treated equally and that I should give her a gift too.

Actually my son also wanted the 3DS, but I told him to choose between the 5s and 3 DS, cannot have both. He chose the 5s as it is more expensive (to get his money's worth), and also the phone is more useful than the 3DS.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008 View Post
    They are so fortunate. My children are only having free phone from student plan. Told them that they can only go for better ones through their own effort. We can only give them the basic ones.
    Bro, how old are your kids???

Mid teens.
    Quote Originally Posted by chestnut View Post
    Bro, how old are your kids???

Mid teens.
    Wow.... U taught them well...

Mine, mid teens already asking bb and iPhone liao😃

Late teens will ask for cars.

Kids are very smart these days. They will push their limit.
    Wow.... U taught them well...

Mine, mid teens already asking bb and iPhone liao��

Quote Originally Posted by radha08 View Post
    now my daughter keep bugging me for iphone 5i discuss with my wife she say ask her do well for studies next yeari revert back to my daughter and she say by the time next year she want iphone 6

kns parent life is complicated
    I dont give my kids whatever they want; they need to work for it.

Quote Originally Posted by star View Post
    Late teens will ask for cars.
    Hahaha.... U are so rite😃

Kids are very smart these days. They will push their limit.
    I got them gadgets when they were mid teens because I wanted them to be tech savvy... They were using Microsoft and I told them to get Mac to get them accustomed to diff operating systems 😀

I got them gadgets when they were mid teens because I wanted them to be tech savvy... They were using Microsoft and I told them to get Mac to get them accustomed to diff operating systems 😀
    ask them to install Redhat Linux on a regular PC/Laptop and setup a web server

If they can do that by googling the info ... reward them something they always want!

They are certainly more Tech savvy then me. Can cut video clip, compose music on mac book, etc.
    I got them gadgets when they were mid teens because I wanted them to be tech savvy... They were using Microsoft and I told them to get Mac to get them accustomed to diff operating systems ��

Quote Originally Posted by kellogs View Post
    ask them to install Redhat Linux on a regular PC/Laptop and setup a web server

If they can do that by googling the info ... reward them something they always want!
    Wah, u so tech savvy.... champion ....

That's good.

But, there is another group of parents who simply do not allow their children to use handphone. I think it is too much. it is really inconvenient without a handphone these days.

What to give mainly depends on the character of the kids. For my older one, I do not mind buying the expensive model for her but I will tell her she must use it for at least 3-4 years wihthout thinking of upgrading. Usually she is more prudent than I.

For my younger one, I always suggest her using the basic one because she can not discipline herself and she is easy to get her belongings missing.

They are certainly more Tech savvy then me. Can cut video clip, compose music on mac book, etc.
    Bro, the ones who are tech savvy will be one up in this new world

u should ask the condo or 5s? pick 1.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

i will give my son 1 lot of shares instead of a 5s.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

Quote Originally Posted by minority View Post
    u should ask the condo or 5s? pick 1.
    Lol...he dont want the condo, but want the land.
    They chope already.

Talking

I am lucky to receive free iphone from my son working in Aus.Whenever his one year plan about Aus$100 per month expired,he get to choose the latest model free.I received my latest 5s gold free from him 2months ago.

FH land in prime district.
    Lol...he dont want the condo, but want the land.
    They chope already.

FH land in prime district.
    I doubt I will ever own a FH land in a prime district.
    So I told my son, it is now up to him to buy one in future so that I can have a taste of it in my lifetime.

So I told my son, it is now up to him to buy one in future so that I can have a taste of it in my lifetime.

haha maybe ur gift of an iphone 5s will inspire him to give u a fh landed dow the road
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

I think it is possible since path is already set up.

interesting views...i told my daughter to wait for santa claus he will bring something for xmas

but honestly i am samsung fan thats why damm sianz when she ask for iphone...i keep ask her to change to samsung she no want

Quote Originally Posted by star View Post
    I think it is possible since path is already set up.

u monitoring her ahhh

interesting views...i told my daughter to wait for santa claus he will bring something for xmas

but honestly i am samsung fan thats why damm sianz when she ask for iphone...i keep ask her to change to samsung she no want
    I don't buy new phone for my 2 kids but instead pass mine to them when my wife or me change to new phone....!

Btw, my wife also Samsung fan but I am Sony loyalty fan and currently holding Xperia Z !
    "Anyone who has not made a mistake has never tried anything new"

Quote Originally Posted by CondoWE View Post
    I don't buy new phone for my 2 kids but instead pass mine to them when my wife or me change to new phone....!

Btw, my wife also Samsung fan but I am Sony loyalty fan and currently holding Xperia Z !
    wah bro u also father of 2...

wah bro u also father of 2...
    Yap. Nowadays, not easy to be parent . Whatever things I gave to them must be the same price else they make fuss out of it.... !

In one occasion, my cunning elder son has secretly told me that he wanted to book 2 properties which are the higher priced among other properties that I have if I will to inherit to him....!
    Last edited by CondoWE; 06-12-13 at 11:05.
    "Anyone who has not made a mistake has never tried anything new"