Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PASSIVE INCOME TO RETIRE

Default PASSIVE INCOME TO RETIRE

How much do you need?

Banker can afford to retire by 44 years old

The diversified investment portfolio that Anita Yadav has compiled will allow her to retire before she turns 50. Instead of planning to retire at a certain pre-determined age, Ms Yadav, told herself that she would do so when she earns about $250,000 a year on passive income on investments. -ST

can retire by 44yo very big deal meh? if I dun wanna buy ppty I oso can retire anytime, n Im not even rich

Anyone can retire at anytime. The question is what kind of quality of life after retirement. Does one have cut back on spending when one retires or continue to spend as before retirement?
    Quote Originally Posted by 玉格格 View Post
    can retire by 44yo very big deal meh? if I dun wanna buy ppty I oso can retire anytime, n Im not even rich

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008 View Post
    Anyone can retire at anytime. The question is what kind of quality of life after retirement. Does one have cut back on spending when one retires or continue to spend as before retirement?
    no wor, I intend to spend more after I retire cos I scare I mati b4 finish spending my $ haha

You are so good. I have a family to look after.
    no wor, I intend to spend more after I retire cos I scare I mati b4 finish spending my $ haha

bro DC... 250K/annum on 8% return = 3.125 Mil Investable amount...

Wa Lau... So dificult to get 8% leh... unless leverage.... hahahahahahahaha

I went into semi retirement at 40 , as long as you can live on less than 4% of your net assets and can manage your money well you should be fine

Why $3.125mil? So got to have 6.25mil of investable amount to achieve passive income of 250k. She is probably trying to replace his active income with passive income.
    Quote Originally Posted by chestnut View Post
    bro DC... 250K/annum on 8% return = 3.125 Mil Investable amount...

Wa Lau... So dificult to get 8% leh... unless leverage.... hahahahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by catsick View Post
    I went into semi retirement at 40 , as long as you can live on less than 4% of your net assets and can manage your money well you should be fine
    Thank you for sharing semi-retirement age. You must have accumulated enough reserves or recurring income to make that decision.
    Care to share your formula of success & challenges that come after?

Why $3.125mil? So got to have 6.25mil of investable amount to achieve passive income of 250k. She is probably trying to replace his active income with passive income.
    Oops... read wrongly....

It is to achieve at least 8 per cent returns on investment in order to retire on my passive income within three years - See more at: http://business.asiaone.com/news/per....d4WdaVK0.dpuf
    It is to achieve at least 8 per cent returns on investment in order to retire on my passive income within three years. God is merciful and we seem to be on track to achieve this. However, my lifestyle needs keep changing.

to get 250k per annum assume 4% = 6.25mil...

About rite... but rental yield now not so great leh... the rental yield cannot catch up with capital gains... hahahahaha
    It is to achieve at least 8 per cent returns on investment in order to retire on my passive income within three years - See more at: http://business.asiaone.com/news/per....az7KNsbE.dpuf
    It is to achieve at least 8 per cent returns on investment in order to retire on my passive income within three years - See more at: http://business.asiaone.com/news/per....az7KNsbE.dpuf
    It is to achieve at least 8 per cent returns on investment in order to retire on my passive income within three years - See more at: http://business.asiaone.com/news/per....d4WdaVK0.dpuf

Yup. On target with the right projectile too.
    Oops... read wrongly....

It is to achieve at least 8 per cent returns on investment in order to retire on my passive income within three years. God is merciful and we seem to be on track to achieve this. However, my lifestyle needs keep changing.

to get 250k per annum assume 4% = 6.25mil...

About rite... but rental yield now not so great leh... the rental yield cannot catch up with capital gains... hahahahaha

Yup. On target with the right projectile too.
    So you on target??? great....

For my props... I find the big units rental rate not so good leh... I getting a pathetic nett yield of <3% only leh.... after minus expense....

But capital gain climb steady poon pee pee... I now considering selling 1 of the big units... Take the > 2mil and invest somewhere else at least can get 80K nett without tax somemore

cracking my head... hahahahahahaha must encash along the way.... hahahah

I also on target leh... Next year bro.... hahahahaha

For my props... I find the big units rental rate not so good leh... I getting a pathetic nett yield of <3% only leh.... after minus expense....

But capital gain climb steady poon pee pee... I now considering selling 1 of the big units... Take the > 2mil and invest somewhere else at least can get 80K nett without tax somemore

next yr is a gd time to sell meh?
    or becos u alrdy made a big capital gain so u dun mind?
    where do u intend to invest yr 2 mil?

Great! Capital gain is good for me too. My investment properties are usually 2-bedder which can still secure 3-4% nett return. Good to diversify given so many CMs and so many other opportunities. Will keep some for my children.

next yr is a gd time to sell meh?
    or becos u alrdy made a big capital gain so u dun mind?
    where do u intend to invest yr 2 mil?

Bro chestnut is targeting next year to retire la

Quote Originally Posted by Simi View Post
    tat means high probably he will be 50yo next yr

what is a comfortable net worth to retire?

SGD 10mio net net in cash and paid up properties?

The biggest problem of passive income is that life is so boring ...

tat means high probably he will be 50yo next yr
    Nope.... Still below 50... Hahahahahaha

Must enjoying life... Not that I am not enjoying... Hahahahaha

The ROI on the big units are just not worth it anymore... and I have a few of those... hahahahahaha..... So just let go 1 lor... encash and make better use of the monies... hahahahhaha

Please dont ask me where I intend to invest leh... I damn blur like sotong leh...

Quote Originally Posted by richwang View Post
    The biggest problem of passive income is that life is so boring ...
    For me I would spend my time in gym, cooking and hanging out with my family

Quote Originally Posted by Simi View Post
    Yes bro... All set liao.... less than a year to go... hahahaha

Enough of work stress... hahahahaha

If the other people in the same age group are still actively working, you will find it so difficult to meet friends. And the circle starts to shrink ...
    Of course we can come here to make new "friends" - I still prefer physical lunches to virtual chats.

Quote Originally Posted by kellogs View Post
    what is a comfortable net worth to retire?

SGD 10mio net net in cash and paid up properties?
    Brudder, 10 mio net net cash@ 4% = 400K leh... = 33k a month to spend... shiok man.... if got paid up properties, lagi best.... I not there... hahahahaha maybe DC is there.. hahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by richwang View Post
    If the other people in the same age group are still actively working, you will find it so difficult to meet friends. And the circle starts to shrink ...
    Of course we can come here to make new "friends" - I still prefer physical lunches to virtual chats.
    Bro, still can go for golf holidays leh.... Still can play golf in Singapore wat...

But really, it is all about preference lar... not many can enjoy retiring... But to have a choice is nice (at least for me).... If really cannot tahan, go back to work force lar... I really dont know if I can tahan but at least my other half will be joining me, so got company... hahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by kellogs View Post
    For me I would spend my time in gym, cooking and hanging out with my family
    Yup... must include jacuzzi, weekly massage (pampering) and tours.... Then if body can take it... every year include 1 long haul trip to places we have not been to... So many man...

paiseh, this topic got me talking too much...

enough liao... I keep quiet liao... Cheers to all and a Early Merry Christmas....

Yup... must include jacuzzi, weekly massage (pampering) and tours.... Then if body can take it... every year include 1 long haul trip to places we have not been to... So many man...
    Yea every June period go North America to enjoy their summer and fresh oyster!

My fav is thai massage and there is a very good one at geylang (clean joint)

Must work toward the goal of 10mio net net cash + 3 or 4 paid up properties!!!

Huat Ah!!!

Thumbs down

Spent more time ? QUESTION is WHERE ?

Geylang ? Desker ? Changi Village ? Batam ?

LOL

Our hypocrite 玉格格 LOVES talking SHIT RUBBISH all the way from day 1 join condosingapore

Nope.... Still below 50... Hahahahahaha

Must enjoying life... Not that I am not enjoying... Hahahahaha

The ROI on the big units are just not worth it anymore... and I have a few of those... hahahahahaha..... So just let go 1 lor... encash and make better use of the monies... hahahahhaha

Please dont ask me where I intend to invest leh... I damn blur like sotong leh...
    wah so young arh? now I scare I might be older den u liao!
    but bro chestnut, u alrdy so assets rich, yr family plus yr future grandchildren oso cannot finish spending yr fortune. can retire le lah ...

spend yr time doing something u enjoy, pursue yr childhood hobbies tat u neglected becos of busy earning $

I am not there yet. I would have retired if achieve it. U inspire me to reach my goal.
    Brudder, 10 mio net net cash@ 4% = 400K leh... = 33k a month to spend... shiok man.... if got paid up properties, lagi best.... I not there... hahahahaha maybe DC is there.. hahahahaha