Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warm reception expected for Westwood EC site

Default Warm reception expected for Westwood EC site

PROPERTY consultants agree that the executive condominium (EC) site in Westwood Avenue will be warmly received, but getting them to agree on their pricing expectations is another matter.

That site was one of two released for tender yesterday by the government, the other being a 99-year leasehold residential site in Lorong Lew Lian.
    With the Westwood site, the cost per square foot per plot ratio (psf ppr) cited as likely by consultants ranged from $285 to $380.

On the lower end of the range was SLP International's executive director Nicholas Mak, who said he expects a top bid of between $285 and $313 psf ppr.

Taking the middle ground is Alice Tan, an associate director for consultancy and research at Knight Frank, who expects the winning bid to come in at between $330 and $360 psf ppr; DTZ's head of research Lee Lay Keng gave a range in the same ballpark - between $325 and $365 psf ppr.

Ms Tan said that she expected "moderately healthy interest" in the site, although there were four other confirmed EC sites on the Government Land Sales Programme in the second half of this year, and one potential site on the reserve list. "The upcoming sites could see stronger interest, given their proximity to train stations."

The Westwood site spans 186,052 sq ft and has a maximum permissible gross floor area of 520,945 sq ft, based on a gross plot ratio of 2.8.

That the area has not seen the launch of many EC sites for more than a decade - other than a recent sale of a site in Yuan Ching Road - supports some consultants' thesis of pent-up demand. The last two ECs in the area, Summerdale and The Floravale, were launched in 1997.

Pent-up demand underpins the bullish expectations of consultants who cited psf ppr prices on the higher end: Orange Tee's head of research Christine Li and Ong Kah Seng, the director at R'ST Research, gave a range of $360 to $380 psf ppr.

Ms Li also said that the tightening of the mortgage-servicing ratio, the lowering of loan tenure and the implementation of the Total Debt Servicing Ratio (TDSR) framework were measures working in favour of the EC market.

Mr Ong noted that 11,329 EC units were sold between Q4 2010 - when ECs were introduced as a housing class - and Q3 this year. This translates to a yearly average of 3,770 EC units sold each year.

Assuming that previously sold EC sites in Yuan Ching Road, Punggol Drive, and Punggol Central are launched by the end of next year, a maximum of 3,110 EC units will become available next year.

"The supply in 2014 may be insufficient to cater to EC buyers, based on an average yearly demand of 3,770 units," said Mr Ong, who noted that this figure does not take into account buyers who applied but failed to land a unit. "Given that the TDSR will encourage prudent buying, and more EC-eligible buyers will opt for ECs over private condominium units, the recent historical annual demand for ECs should be sustained or grow even stronger going into 2014," he said.

The tender for the Westwood site closes at noon on Jan 7.
    The site in Lorong Lew Lian, measuring 150,762 sq ft and with a maximum permissible gross floor area of 452,288 sq ft, was released on the reserve list.

But DTZ's Ms Lee said that the site is unlikely to be triggered in the near term.

Mr Ong, agreeing, said that developers might not trigger the site for sale till the second quarter of next year, given the existing cautious sentiment.
    Assuming the site is triggered next year, Mr Ong said that he expects about five bids for the site, with an expected top land bid of between $430 and $490 psf ppr.

SLP International's Mr Mak said that he expects the site to achieve a land price of $620-720 psf ppr, assuming the site was launched for sale today.
    The two residential sites are expected to yield 980 housing units.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

This site has got good potential. Assuming construction starts 2015, TOP 2018, + 5 years MOP, can sell in 2023. About the same time JRL will be ready.

"Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33 View Post
    This site has got good potential. Assuming construction starts 2015, TOP 2018, + 5 years MOP, can sell in 2023. About the same time JRL will be ready.

Good potential? u have got to be kidding. Its in a terrible location. anything in jurong and i wont touch, what more in jurong's north west where amenities are few and far between, but polluted air is everywhere.

Boonlay already sucks, with its proximity to the city and the fact that it is over populated, but at least it still has a shopping centre. And this? westwood what?!!! never heard of this crap. Oh, but if u told me, next to Jalan Bahar and the cemeteries/ columbariams, yes i know now.

Anything jurong - stay away, cause its gonna be over priced. This one probably wont be, but no way im recommending this to anyone i know.
    I've had enough. I'm done!!!

Quote Originally Posted by clemdale24 View Post
    Good potential? u have got to be kidding. Its in a terrible location. anything in jurong and i wont touch, what more in jurong's north west where amenities are few and far between, but polluted air is everywhere.

Boonlay already sucks, with its proximity to the city and the fact that it is over populated, but at least it still has a shopping centre. And this? westwood what?!!! never heard of this crap. Oh, but if u told me, next to Jalan Bahar and the cemeteries/ columbariams, yes i know now.

Anything jurong - stay away, cause its gonna be over priced. This one probably wont be, but no way im recommending this to anyone i know.

ignorant and childish...
    Last edited by Ringo33; 01-11-13 at 07:55.

ignorant and childish...
    ignorant, childish and kam gong

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157 View Post
    ignorant, childish and kam gong
    childish or kamgong, its the market will decide the value of the site, not fools who go around trolling in this forum.

If you want to impress anyone here, then tell us a good site which you think has good potential loh.

childish or kamgong, its the market will decide the value of the site, not fools who go around trolling in this forum.

If you want to impress anyone here, then tell us a good site which you think has good potential loh.

why would i even bother to impress morons who can't even utilize stats or facts to prove that it is a good site? govt announced the exact locations of the stations?

please lah.........try harder

"Stupidity shadows the moron" - Sir A.W.

why would i even bother to impress morons who can't even utilize stats or facts to prove that it is a good site? govt announced the exact locations of the stations?

please lah.........try harder

"Stupidity shadows the moron" - Sir A.W.
    When the location of the station is announced do you think you have got the chance to make money?

Trolls are only good at cheap talk and offer nothing more than slandering. Like I said before please don't reply my post just read my signature. And if you have any other sites which you think has good potential by all means start a thread. But I honest doubt an armchair critics like you will be capable of doing that.

And I sincerely hope you can prove me wrong.

When the location of the station is announced do you think you have got the chance to make money?

Trolls are only good at cheap talk and offer nothing more than slandering. Like I said before please don't reply my post just read my signature. And if you have any other sites which you think has good potential by all means start a thread. But I honest doubt an armchair critics like you will be capable of doing that.

And I sincerely hope you can prove me wrong.

firstly, how to prove you wrong when the bloody locations are all fictitious? secondly, you might as well postulate that the mrt station will be located right beneath the development. after all, talk is cheap.

don't need to look further - the other lor lew lian plot is a million times better than this far flung ulu westwood location.

and please, who's the moron who claim cremation is as toxic as heavy industry and driving is the same as breathing vehicle exhaust directly from the pipes?

"a medusa's stare will turn one into stone, but Ringo's blink will turn you into a moron for eternity" - Sir A.W.

rev R33, since u can make so many prediction of the potential & sellability, perhaps u would like to share wif us yr selling price projection in 2023.

ec locations are always no good, it tend to be far from mrt and amenities.
    but of course, with subsidies from govt, it's always a good buy for own stay.

so far the only ec that i know that is near to mrt is the one at buangkok, esparina.
    Ong lai ah!

firstly, how to prove you wrong when the bloody locations are all fictitious? secondly, you might as well postulate that the mrt station will be located right beneath the development. after all, talk is cheap.

don't need to look further - the other lor lew lian plot is a million times better than this far flung ulu westwood location.

and please, who's the moron who claim cremation is as toxic as heavy industry and driving is the same as breathing vehicle exhaust directly from the pipes?

"a medusa's stare will turn one into stone, but Ringo's blink will turn you into a moron for eternity" - Sir A.W.
    Why would I want to waste my time sharing what I know when you can't even make up your mind if gospel is true.

Like I said don't waste my time. If you want to impress me try posting something with substance on your own instaead if acting like armchair critics

Why would I want to waste my time sharing what I know when you can't even make up your mind if gospel is true.

Like I said don't waste my time. If you want to impress me try posting something with substance on your own instaead if acting like armchair critics
    WAHHAHAHAHAHAHA
    still harping on the gospel when it is only a metaphor?!? kam gong

If you want to impress us, try posting something with substance

Quote Originally Posted by onglai View Post

so far the only ec that i know that is near to mrt is the one at buangkok, esparina.
    No always the case and certain lta won't purposely plan their station away from EC. Ultimately anything that is leasehold will be in the government interest.

WAHHAHAHAHAHAHA
    still harping on the gospel when it is only a metaphor?!? kam gong

If you want to impress us, try posting something with substance
    Didn't you read what I said. Dont be an armchair critic. If you have something valuable to share then post something of your own. But of course we know your limitation and that's is not going to happen.

i cannot agree with you more.

all these ficticious stations, sigh...

lor lew lian, while the name of the street sounds weird, is actually in a not bad location. near serangoon, not too far from city. on the other hand, westwood sounds atas, but alas, we all know where it is. i think even ur ficticious JRL cannot save this almost unliveable area. last place i would ever choose, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by onglai View Post

Prive & Twin Waterfalls are close to Punggol MRT.

Ecopolitan and Waterfall also not too far from Punggol MRT - around 10 to 15 minutes walk.

I staying in westwood..can say this place really sucks.

Everynight, you will smell shit smell cos it is facing the farm area
    Only 2 buses go to interchange
    Far from jurong point
    no market nearby unless you count sheng shiong..

Quote Originally Posted by rymccondo77 View Post
    Prive & Twin Waterfalls are close to Punggol MRT.

Ecopolitan and Waterfall also not too far from Punggol MRT - around 10 to 15 minutes walk.
    thanks for pointing out.. my info is very outdated.
    Ong lai ah!

Quote Originally Posted by xtreme_46 View Post

Far from jurong point
    1) Which farm area are you referring to? Right next to Westwood is Cleantech Park, and on the other side, it will be Wenya Industrial park, which Google has got a data center built.

2) Thats the reason why LTA will most likely to built a MRT station near by. Speculation is its either at Westwood or Gek Poh, before turning into Cleantech Park

3) Beside Sheng Shiong, isnt there another super market food court etc at Gek Poh Shopping Center.

Quote Originally Posted by xtreme_46 View Post

Far from jurong point
    Thank u for your honest opinion.

See this ringo?

1) Which farm area are you referring to? Right next to Westwood is Cleantech Park, and on the other side, it will be Wenya Industrial park, which Google has got a data center built.

2) Thats the reason why LTA will most likely to built a MRT station near by. Speculation is its either at Westwood or Gek Poh, before turning into Cleantech Park

3) Beside Sheng Shiong, isnt there another super market food court etc at Gek Poh Shopping Center.
    Bro Ringo,

You are spot on.

Always wonder how did you manage to get these facts.

The MRT is more likely to be built at Westwood than Gek Poh as there is huge land around the area for future development.

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/spec...-site-20131101

Published November 01, 2013

Warm reception expected for Westwood EC site

But other released site at Lorong Lew Lian unlikely to be triggered soon

By Mindy Tan [email protected]

PROPERTY consultants agree that the executive condominium (EC) site in Westwood Avenue will be warmly received, but getting them to agree on their pricing expectations is another matter.

That site was one of two released for tender yesterday by the government, the other being a 99-year leasehold residential site in Lorong Lew Lian.

With the Westwood site, the cost per square foot per plot ratio (psf ppr) cited as likely by consultants ranged from $285 to $380.

On the lower end of the range was SLP International's executive director Nicholas Mak, who said he expects a top bid of between $285 and $313 psf ppr.

Taking the middle ground is Alice Tan, an associate director for consultancy and research at Knight Frank, who expects the winning bid to come in at between $330 and $360 psf ppr; DTZ's head of research Lee Lay Keng gave a range in the same ballpark - between $325 and $365 psf ppr.

Ms Tan said that she expected "moderately healthy interest" in the site, although there were four other confirmed EC sites on the Government Land Sales Programme in the second half of this year, and one potential site on the reserve list. "The upcoming sites could see stronger interest, given their proximity to train stations."

The Westwood site spans 186,052 sq ft and has a maximum permissible gross floor area of 520,945 sq ft, based on a gross plot ratio of 2.8.

That the area has not seen the launch of many EC sites for more than a decade - other than a recent sale of a site in Yuan Ching Road - supports some consultants' thesis of pent-up demand. The last two ECs in the area, Summerdale and The Floravale, were launched in 1997.

Pent-up demand underpins the bullish expectations of consultants who cited psf ppr prices on the higher end: Orange Tee's head of research Christine Li and Ong Kah Seng, the director at R'ST Research, gave a range of $360 to $380 psf ppr.

Ms Li also said that the tightening of the mortgage-servicing ratio, the lowering of loan tenure and the implementation of the Total Debt Servicing Ratio (TDSR) framework were measures working in favour of the EC market.

Mr Ong noted that 11,329 EC units were sold between Q4 2010 - when ECs were introduced as a housing class - and Q3 this year. This translates to a yearly average of 3,770 EC units sold each year.

Assuming that previously sold EC sites in Yuan Ching Road, Punggol Drive, and Punggol Central are launched by the end of next year, a maximum of 3,110 EC units will become available next year.

"The supply in 2014 may be insufficient to cater to EC buyers, based on an average yearly demand of 3,770 units," said Mr Ong, who noted that this figure does not take into account buyers who applied but failed to land a unit. "Given that the TDSR will encourage prudent buying, and more EC-eligible buyers will opt for ECs over private condominium units, the recent historical annual demand for ECs should be sustained or grow even stronger going into 2014," he said.

The tender for the Westwood site closes at noon on Jan 7.

The site in Lorong Lew Lian, measuring 150,762 sq ft and with a maximum permissible gross floor area of 452,288 sq ft, was released on the reserve list.

But DTZ's Ms Lee said that the site is unlikely to be triggered in the near term.

Mr Ong, agreeing, said that developers might not trigger the site for sale till the second quarter of next year, given the existing cautious sentiment.

Assuming the site is triggered next year, Mr Ong said that he expects about five bids for the site, with an expected top land bid of between $430 and $490 psf ppr.

SLP International's Mr Mak said that he expects the site to achieve a land price of $620-720 psf ppr, assuming the site was launched for sale today.

The two residential sites are expected to yield 980 housing units.

Quote Originally Posted by Wunderkind View Post
    Bro Ringo,

You are spot on.

Always wonder how did you manage to get these facts.

The MRT is more likely to be built at Westwood than Gek Poh as there is huge land around the area for future development.

That huge land across Westwood will eventually become part of the high tech park which JTC and other government agencies are planning.

And based on masterplan there are unlikely to be any more residential development in that area.

For Wenya area, I think there will be a branch of JRL connecting to that area, so it is still possible for a Gek Poh station to service the jurong west ave 5 estate.

and the kam gong strikes again!!!! just take the map, circle an area and christen it as site for high tech park?!?!?

stupidity has no bounds. high tech park besides a secondary school without supporting nucleus of affiliated industries?!

might as well say boeing going to have a building beside j gateway and build a wind tunnel beneath the mrt station to test new planes

and the kam gong strikes again!!!! just take the map, circle an area and christen it as site for high tech park?!?!?

stupidity has no bounds. high tech park besides a secondary school without supporting nucleus of affiliated industries?!

might as well say boeing going to have a building beside j gateway and build a wind tunnel beneath the mrt station to test new planes

Two Things Are Infinite: the Universe and Human Stupidity

awww.....don't rub salt into your own wound. it's alright to recognize your own stupidity.

awww.....don't rub salt into your own wound. it's alright to recognize your own stupidity.
    I am sure you know that you are in capable of posting anything that is original or anything that is worth reading. All you are capable of is big talk and talk big.

And btw, so you still believe in gospel but you think the gospel might not be true?

and Ringo's inability to finish quotes properly.......

He talks about originality but continues to copy (although in a retarded and incomplete manner & as usual missing out the most important part) the quotes in my posts..... Irony.

I guess imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...... Just a shame others might start to form the opinion that he's my fanboy.

Quote Originally Posted by EBD View Post
    and Ringo's inability to finish quotes properly.......

He talks about originality but continues to copy (although in a retarded and incomplete manner & as usual missing out the most important part) the quotes in my posts..... Irony.

I guess imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...... Just a shame others might start to form the opinion that he's my fanboy.

awww........i pity you having such a retard in your fanclub.
    he's still of the opinion that westwood is better than lor lew lian cos' google is building a data center and the presence of cleantech companies.

what's the link? i guess it's as valid as the neurological linkages in his grey matter synapses - none