Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FREEHOLD VS LEASEHOLD

Quote Originally Posted by VS View Post
    There is no guarantee that PC after 40 to 50 years will be enbloc for rebuild. For 99 LH, the owners will need to return the land to the State in its original condition (bare gound), correct?
    Ask any valuer what happens to the valuation of a 99LH PC after 12-15 years. And compare that to a FH one.

DKSG

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG View Post
    Ask any valuer what happens to the valuation of a 99LH PC after 12-15 years. And compare that to a FH one.

DKSG

They turn into D'Leedon, Interlace
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Who cares FH or 99, brought 2 Bedroom for SGD 535,000 now asking for SGD 1,800,000.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post
    Who cares FH or 99, brought 2 Bedroom for SGD 535,000 now asking for SGD 1,800,000.
    Yes! Purchase price is the key.
    If you bought at $1.7 million, does it matter if it is LH99 or FH ?

DKSG

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post
    If you sell that, you can buy a mansion in France!

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Depends. Paris is also very ex and can only get small apartment with that kind of money!

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry View Post
    If you sell that, you can buy a mansion in France!

how about LH 5mins walk to MRT & FH 15mins walk to MRT. Both same psf in the same estate. Which one will you choose?

Quote Originally Posted by Cupcakes View Post
    how about LH 5mins walk to MRT & FH 15mins walk to MRT. Both same psf in the same estate. Which one will you choose?
    I'll choose FH one.. I still prefer FH

Quote Originally Posted by newbie11 View Post
    It's the price for the location.. Both are not mutually exclusive. Am sure everyone knows that.
    I'm afraid after reading posts here by a certain someone - your statement is sadly not true.

For the rest of us , yes obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33 View Post
    Really? All of them. Can make promise or not

What happens to those 99 PC that built on land owned by far east rather than government?

Quote Originally Posted by EBD View Post
    Really? All of them. Can make promise or not

What happens to those 99 PC that built on land owned by far east rather than government?

If you want to comment, at least read the discussion in its entirety instead of just reading the bit and pieces. We are talking about en bloc potential of LH property in good location such as next to MRT.

LH project on FH is not a typical government 99LH that we are discussion here, so please dont try to act smart by quoting the obvious. Btw, it 103LH not 99LH for FEO project the shore.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

If you want to comment, at least read the discussion in its entirety instead of just reading the bit and pieces. We are talking about en bloc potential of LH property in good location such as next to MRT.

LH project on FH is not a typical government 99LH that we are discussion here, so please dont try to act smart by quoting the obvious. Btw, it 103LH not 99LH for FEO project the shore.

Actually discussion is about "FREEHOLD VS LEASEHOLD" and has had many posts from many forumers with their take on the subject. I would urge you rather than just reading bits & pieces yourself to first read the topic title & figure out the breadth of discussion before embarrassing yourself in zooming down to a narrow portion defined by your holiness.

My response was to your response to DKSG which in turn was a response to VS comment which was not a follow on from any other in this thread - neither of which had any comment on MRT and where following the topic of the thread - FH vs LH. Not FH vs LH next to MRT.

Even if you have it your way - which you can't - The interlace is NEXT to an MRT? Looks like 1KM+ to Queensway or Labrador Park. Ok I guess I learn new definition of next. These people need to get a new job. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/next - immediately adjacent

You then have the audacity to say the topic does not include privately held LH sites.
    Again - who decided that? Is that in the title of discussion?
    Correct - no one, only Ringo in RingoWorld™.

Do try to keep up on who's saying what to who. It's not always about you sweatheart.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DKSG View Post

DKSG
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DKSG View Ringo33
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

At least I can act smart - you can't even do that.

Some advice - (which you will no doubt in the future steal & put in your sig like my never argue with an idiot.... )

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt."

Quote Originally Posted by EBD View Post
    Actually discussion is about "FREEHOLD VS LEASEHOLD" and has had many posts from many forumers with their take on the subject. I would urge you rather than just reading bits & pieces yourself to first read the topic title & figure out the breadth of discussion before embarrassing yourself in zooming down to a narrow portion defined by your holiness.

My response was to your response to DKSG which in turn was a response to VS comment which was not a follow on from any other in this thread - neither of which had any comment on MRT and where following the topic of the thread - FH vs LH. Not FH vs LH next to MRT.

Even if you have it your way - which you can't - The interlace is NEXT to an MRT? Looks like 1KM+ to Queensway or Labrador Park. Ok I guess I learn new definition of next. These people need to get a new job. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/next - immediately adjacent

You then have the audacity to say the topic does not include privately held LH sites.
    Again - who decided that? Is that in the title of discussion?
    Correct - no one, only Ringo in RingoWorld™.

Do try to keep up on who's saying what to who. It's not always about you sweatheart.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DKSG View Post

DKSG
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DKSG View Ringo33
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

Some advice - (which you will no doubt in the future steal & put in your sig like my never argue with an idiot.... )

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt."
    Yes, i noticed you always like to response to many of my replies to DKSG post and vice versa. e.g. how DKSG would totally agree with your property 101 best street worst street nonsense, and now I guess you must be compelled to agree with his "property investment, its ALL about price not LOCATION"

And yes, LH99 near MRT station will hold its value and have better en bloc potential than FH River Vallye property next to temple. I believe no one in this thread have ever mentioned that ALL LH99 is better value. So please dont try to paraphrase something out of nothing so that you could find reasons to bitch around.

And btw, am I right that The Shore is 103 years and not 99 years?

Urmm i believe that this FH RV property next to temple is going to have an MRT opening diagonally opposite right??

Yes, i noticed you always like to response to many of my replies to DKSG post and vice versa. e.g. how DKSG would totally agree with your property 101 best street worst street nonsense, and now I guess you must be compelled to agree with his "property investment, its ALL about price not LOCATION"

And yes, LH99 near MRT station will hold its value and have better en bloc potential than FH River Vallye property next to temple. I believe no one in this thread have ever mentioned that ALL LH99 is better value. So please dont try to paraphrase something out of nothing so that you could find reasons to bitch around.

And btw, am I right that The Shore is 103 years and not 99 years?

Quote Originally Posted by vboy View Post
    Urmm i believe that this FH RV property next to temple is going to have an MRT opening diagonally opposite right??
    The one next to Singapore Buddhist Lodge along Kim Yam Road.

woohoo i'm back after a couple weeks hiatus.... work has been busy (been travelling overseas) but income has been good hahaha.... god bless

while reading thru various threads that's where i begin to frown... has that irritating, rodent "sore thumb" still not wise up and sober from his drunken stupor??

he is taking everything so personal and induce further suffering on his sickly keyboard...

FH vs LH comparison is platform for all to come forward and share their opinions and engage coherent discussions

him being "it" without fail has to poke and embed his one-track winning ways into this thread... if he's even winning in the first place lol.... more chinks in his armour all being exposed with each passing day!

institution-like interlace and sore-thumb high-riser leedon among landed has to be brought in here for his barely water-holding arguments?!?! speechless galore hahaha

DKSG assessment for comparison below is most befitting...
    The price you buy vis-a-vis your neighbours (you have to calculate the various premiums/discounts, eg LH99vs FH, new vs old, etc), determines the profitability right at the beginning of your investment. We call this the BUY leg of property investment.
    The theory behind this is price equilibrium of a location. As I explained before, if the PC next door price up 10% in the last 1 year, you will not want to sell for anything less than the 10%.

and EBD's take on sore thumb below (indisputable hahaha)

it's a no brainer LH vs FH is like girlfriend vs wife comparison. why do i say this? it takes a genius to embrace the same thoughts as me...

btw, i'm not even going to start in the beware of the west shit thread

Even CPF made a distinction between FH and Leasehold. That is, the amount of CPF you can use for an expiring leasehold near the 60 years mark. The exact formula for the calculation I do not know as I do not own any leasehold, so just check around first before comitting

Those FH with very few units must be careful. Maintenance fee will be very very high when it get old. U may want to sell it off as it look too old.

Quote Originally Posted by star View Post
    Those FH with very few units must be careful. Maintenance fee will be very very high when it get old. U may want to sell it off as it look too old.
    Personally I like those FH with very few units, as the chance of enbloc will be higher, esp if the land size, height limit and plot ratio are good.

Personally I like those FH with very few units, as the chance of enbloc will be higher, esp if the land size, height limit and plot ratio are good.
    Agree. FH projects with gfa fully utilized are left with very little or almost no meat for enbloc. Worse if they are far from amenities or mrt. So must be very selective, FH doesn't necc mean it's better.

whats there to VS about...

FH- 99999999
    Leasehold- 99

whether FH/99 govt can still take back land
    just buy the place you like la!

Quote Originally Posted by Tmi View Post
    Agree. FH projects with gfa fully utilized are left with very little or almost no meat for enbloc. Worse if they are far from amenities or mrt. So must be very selective, FH doesn't necc mean it's better.

Can be true. But if FH plot is next to 99LH at any given time, the FH has more inherent value.

Once you start comparing lots in different location, and sold at different times you get divergence.

My old neighbours enbloc their FH and get approx 40% less psf/ppr than we did even though we are 99LH - the difference? 12 months of time.

GFA fully utilised can still be good in areas where there is no more undeveloped land so there is supply/demand imbalance.

I haven't posted anything substantial in months, but I must share my 2 cents worth.

Please understand the concept of differential premium.

http://www.sla.gov.sg/htm/ser/ser0204.htm

You (or the developer buying your enbloc) has to pay the government to top up the LH to 99. The amount increases as the LH ages. The more the developer has to pay, the less they will pay you. No which issue with FH

The decay of the LH increases exponentially as the LH runs out. Refer to the table in the attachment below.

http://www.sla.gov.sg/doc/ser/DP%20p...Jul%202000.pdf

Like many of you, I debated FH against LH with myself. I compared LH (lower cost + higher rental yield + decaying value assuming constant FH value) against (higher cost + lower rental yield + constant value) over the entire lifetime of the property. The assumptions are that the properties are similar in every way except FH and LH. The value FH versus LH is based on SLA's table as the property ages.

I convinced myself that FH is the way to go as a long term investor. The figures speak for themselves.

I currently own both LH and FH property. After the above, I only acquired FH and will dispose of the LH eventually. Work the figures out for yourself.

Those small FH development with mm units or small size units must be careful, especially those less than 40units. When new maintanence is already $400. What will happen when old?

Small estate with few units (<60) are ticking time bomb for maintenance costs!

Quote Originally Posted by star View Post
    Those small FH development with mm units or small size units must be careful, especially those less than 40units. When new maintanence is already $400. What will happen when old?