Thread: 1Recent trend of hyping up property near industrial areas?

Default 1Recent trend of hyping up property near industrial areas?

Anyone notices that the govt is hyping up places just beside pollutive industries like Jurong (near Tuas, and Jurong island) and Ponggol, opposite Pasir Gudang industrial.

Places away from pollutive industries and closer to city center like Bishan, Queenstown, Marine Parade, Bedok, Eunos almost no news.

Developers have also jumped in the craze by pricing Jurong property higher than Bishan.
    Last edited by sgbuyer; 08-10-13 at 11:28.
    狮子王 (formerly blackjack21trader): READ MY LIPS: NO MORE CRASH FOR 60 YEARS.

BJ21 bro u mean there is an underlying agenda going on?

Quote Originally Posted by sgbuyer View Post
    Anyone notices that the govt is hyping up places just beside pollutive industries like Jurong (near Tuas, and Jurong island) and Ponggol, opposite Pasir Gudang industrial.

Places away from pollutive industries and closer to city center like Bishan, Queenstown, Marine Parade, Bedok, Eunos almost no news.

Developers have also jumped in the craze by pricing Jurong property higher than Bishan.

Not sure if Theory of Concentration comes into play here ?
    But trying to sell off these locations like Jurong, Punggol, hopefully it creates demand for the other areas u mentioned that has no news ?

DKSG

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG View Post
    Not sure if Theory of Concentration comes into play here ?
    But trying to sell off these locations like Jurong, Punggol, hopefully it creates demand for the other areas u mentioned that has no news ?

DKSG

If you look at it, most of the ministers, MPs and government people stay in CCR or fringe areas. It's natural they want as few projects in where they stay and also work to avoid traffic jam and congestion.

But at the same time, they need to get 6.9 million people. So pack the extra people into places like Jurong and Tampines, Ponggol. From the look of it, maybe Jurong can take another 1/2 million FTs and FWs.

If you look at it, most of the ministers, MPs and government people stay in CCR or fringe areas. It's natural they want as few projects in where they stay and also work to avoid traffic jam and congestion.

But at the same time, they need to get 6.9 million people. So pack the extra people into places like Jurong and Tampines, Ponggol. From the look of it, maybe Jurong can take another 1/2 million FTs and FWs.

bro

do you have any idea how many people are staying in East coast ? and Hill view area ?

I always feel these are the 2 most densely populated areas...

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner View Post
    bro

do you have any idea how many people are staying in East coast ? and Hill view area ?

I always feel these are the 2 most densely populated areas...

I don't know but bukit timah shopping centre is a nice place and much quieter as compared to Jurong Point

I think it is the developer, not gov, hyping up these places as thay hve no choice after submitting at sky high prices during GLS. Gov is hoping the flood of OCR GLS will cool the property market but supply side manipulation will take time to take effect

I don't know but bukit timah shopping centre is a nice place and much quieter as compared to Jurong Point
    Bt Timah shopping centre? What do they have there? Of course quieter lah!