Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lessons Learnt from seeing Showflats

Default Lessons Learnt from seeing Showflats

recently visited a few showflats, and I know there are many here visiting showflats as past time, kapo, or to buy or for whatever reasons.

It will be good to share here the lessons learnt from seeing the showflats,

1. Customised bed : yesterday, I almost had a heated argument with an agent on the size of bed in the showflat. Queen size bed, to them is King size. Standard bed (ie the queen size bed of HK, 4 or 4.5 ft. Super single is 3.5ft, singe is 3ft) is Queen size. The mattress in the helper's room is 4 ft long.

2. A lot of what you see is not going to be what you get. Like flooring, kitchen, etc. Brand of all the fixtures....

3. plot ratio : SkyVue is 4.8...terribly high....
    4. Number of carpark lots...especially those in town and near to MRT
    5..pl add

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Remove all the walls and replace by thin sheet of glass and remove all doors (so that you will not see the akwardness and tightness of opening the doors) in the showflat to make the space looks bigger, but all the thick walls & doors will exist in actual completed unit! So, can you imagine a 3xx-4xx sqft unit even with 1 bedroom is going to be liveable?

Showflat dorned with all branded electrical appliances, but these appliances are either not provided in actual completed units or will be replaced by brand-not-specified electrical appliances subject to availability by developers!

Showflats' floors renovated with super big piece marbles everywhere and bedroom with top-quality very big piece solid woods, but actually hor, you are not going to get all these in your actual completed units....

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna View Post
    recently visited a few showflats, and I know there are many here visiting showflats as past time, kapo, or to buy or for whatever reasons.

It will be good to share here the lessons learnt from seeing the showflats,

1. Customised bed : yesterday, I almost had a heated argument with an agent on the size of bed in the showflat. Queen size bed, to them is King size. Standard bed (ie the queen size bed of HK, 4 or 4.5 ft. Super single is 3.5ft, singe is 3ft) is Queen size. The mattress in the helper's room is 4 ft long.

2. A lot of what you see is not going to be what you get. Like flooring, kitchen, etc. Brand of all the fixtures....

3. plot ratio : SkyVue is 4.8...terribly high....
    4. Number of carpark lots...especially those in town and near to MRT
    5..pl add

use a lot of mirrors to create a bigger space impression

new BCA regulations explicitly state that developers are not allowed to replace walls with glass in showrooms and all walls should be of actual thickness

one way to get a closer impression on the size of the unit is to stand just before the edge of the PES/balcony area and look inward. then you avoid having the illusion of size when you look from the main door out into the PES space.

one thing to observe is the way the door swings. in the showroom there are no doors. look carefully at the floor plan. i have seen cases where when the master bedroom door is swung open, the access to the master bedroom toilet is blocked. silly design.

Default just to add on

Ceiling at showflats are usually higher than actual. When asked, the agent will use their laser pointer to point at a small sticker mark at the corner of the room indicating the actual height.

Most agents have no idea who is the architect unless it is a celebrity architect.

Agents are 'suppose' to service you. So ask a lot of questions! They will try to explain some negative points into positive or neutral points but it is ok, as long as you can see through them. In reality, i never trust the words of a agent, unless they are your very good childhood friend. If you meet the agent for the first time in the showflat, you think they care for your interest?

Almost all the developers remove some blocks from their showflat model claiming that it will allow potential buyer to see the layout. But in actual fact, the removal creates the spaciousness effect that misled buyers.

You have to ask exactly what is given and what is not. Some developer do provide some carpentry work to hide that weird dryer located in the living room. Make sure that they do provide that! Don't assume.

In the olden days of bay windows, the developer put the bed on top of the bay window to ,again, create the illusion of space.

Make sure you know exactly where the substation, the rubbish dump and the bbq is located, and don't buy any unit near them regardless how cheap they are.

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157 View Post
    new BCA regulations explicitly state that developers are not allowed to replace walls with glass in showrooms and all walls should be of actual thickness
    You shd check out Skyvue 2-bedroom showflat.. the ultimate in toeing the line.
    Homogeneous tile displayed on the floor with a label.. "laminate / timber flooring".

Quote Originally Posted by triple70 View Post
    You shd check out Skyvue 2-bedroom showflat.. the ultimate in toeing the line.
    Homogeneous tile displayed on the floor with a label.. "laminate / timber flooring".
    the kind of tile shouldn't affect one's overall perception of space eh?

i learn that most show flat agents are full of bull, lol.

Hate it when they always use the PES units as showroom, the large balcony always give a fake impression that you will have a lot of space.
    And you can't even build shit there.

guys, simple.

buy resale better! u can see actual unit!

Quote Originally Posted by smartboy2 View Post
    guys, simple.

agree

Quote Originally Posted by smartboy2 View Post
    guys, simple.

Yes! I also think so, especially for investment, i would rather go for a unit which has top-ed or buy resale, so that I can lock in the low interest rate for the next 3 years while getting the lump sum loan from the bank.

When I go to Thomas 3, I asked them about Skyvue.
    When I go to skyvue, I told them I am considering T3

Ha ha. After you hear too much of the negative, you will stop buying!!

At the end, i think you will not buy at all! hahah

In property investment, the key to the "investment" is by stepping a foothold first. otherwise, you will never commit to any property even if its the best you will think its too high a price!

Smart investor!

That's what Office Boy does also (means I also quite smart), my principle is "Agents will lie through their soul (like some Jurong buyers here) to con(vince) you to buy something from them so that they can earn a few thousand dollars while you carry the million dollar debt. And it takes another as eager agent to point out the lies, also in an all out effort to con(vince) you to let him con you."

Quite a long principle. Pai Seh...

DKSG

Ask agent if they have bought if it's really gd

Quote Originally Posted by newbie11 View Post
    Ask agent if they have bought if it's really gd

Eeerrmmm ... from my experience this kinda question usually get this kinda of answer :

"I would have bought if I have the money! This will be my first choice! You are lucky to be able to afford this and be here at this moment! Those choice units are still available!"

DKSG
    reporting "live" from showflats!

Go showroom most important technique is kin in kin out (kiko). With proper tactic u can sneak in openly without an agent. No need hear bullshit or stories, 15mins is all you need. With KIKO, 1 sat can easily cover 5 new launches. . No horse run

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG View Post
    Eeerrmmm ... from my experience this kinda question usually get this kinda of answer :

"I would have bought if I have the money! This will be my first choice! You are lucky to be able to afford this and be here at this moment! Those choice units are still available!"

DKSG
    reporting "live" from showflats!
    Haha so true

When asked if I am buying for staying or investment, I replied I only look look see see, no strong interest to buy at tis time...this usually stop all the bs!

Quote Originally Posted by RCR View Post
    When asked if I am buying for staying or investment, I replied I only look look see see, no strong interest to buy at tis time...this usually stop all the bs!
    same for me!

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax View Post
    Go showroom most important technique is kin in kin out (kiko). With proper tactic u can sneak in openly without an agent. No need hear bullshit or stories, 15mins is all you need. With KIKO, 1 sat can easily cover 5 new launches. . No horse run
    haha, I go showflat nvr tio harass by agent one

the way u slither into the showflat is oso very impt. u dun walk in like another customer. u follow closely with the cust in front of u, n once u reach inside, u detached fm the group, hahaha

maybe agents see you no up, that's why dont even bother.
    juz kidding.

see up or not, got 1 test.
    agent give u brochure = see u up.
    agent say brochure out of stock = see u no up.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful View Post
    juz kidding.

brochure issit the thick book?
    I hv nvr receive brochure b4!!

juz kidding.

hey say 1 litmus test sure will work,, wear PT kit go in.. best if you go for a run under the hot sun with sweaty armpits.. sure see no up

hey say 1 litmus test sure will work,, wear PT kit go in.. best if you go for a run under the hot sun with sweaty armpits.. sure see no up
    y u so like dat, make fun of YT?

hor! u tink agents very stupid?

tat day my coll was telling me wat an agent told her.

Agent "u dun look down on those shabbily dressed buyer. They can buy 5 units at 1 shot. on the contrast, those wear until very glamorous one, came in branded car still trying hard to squeeze here n there to come up wif the 20%"

y u so like dat, make fun of YT?
    wat is YT?

Quote Originally Posted by mermaid View Post
    brochure issit the thick book?
    I hv nvr receive brochure b4!!
    Last time like to collect borchures til song song.. until 1 big cardbox inside all borchures but these days not all new launches give brochures anw and even if they do give, I rather save time KIKOing than collect brochures. oOf all the developments I went for the last couple of months, the only one that gave me a brochure was RV Residence.. looks like allgreen jin rich haha