Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: OCR is the winner...AGAIN

Default OCR is the winner...AGAIN

I hope this will put an end to all the big talk about RCR and CCR chiong because of J Gateway.

The Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) released the flash estimate of the price index for private residential property for 3rd Quarter 2013 today.

Overall, the private residential property index rose 0.8 points from 215.4 points in 2nd Quarter 2013 to 216.2 points in 3rd Quarter 2013. This represents a moderate increase of 0.4%, compared to the 1.0% increase in the previous quarter (see Annex A).

Prices of non-landed private residential properties in both Core Central Region and Rest of Central Region declined in 3rd Quarter 2013. In Core Central Region, prices fell 0.5%, more than the 0.2% decline in the previous quarter. Prices in Rest of Central Region decreased for the first time since 1st Quarter 2012, by 1.1%, compared with the 0.2% increase in the previous quarter. In Outside Central Region, prices increased by 2.1% in 3rd Quarter 2013, which is lower than the 3.8% increase in the previous quarter (see Annex B).

The flash estimates are compiled based on transaction prices given in caveats lodged during the first ten weeks of the quarter supplemented by survey data on new units sold by developers in the first two months of the quarter. The statistics will be updated 4 weeks later when URA releases the full real estate statistics for 3rd Quarter 2013, which captures more data on the caveats lodged and the take-up of new projects. Past data have shown that the difference between the quarterly price changes indicated by the flash estimate and the actual price changes could be significant when the change is small. The public is advised to interpret the flash estimates with caution.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

wow, you are stupider than i thought.

OCR = J Gateway?!?!?!?!?! thanks for the tickle

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157 View Post

R33 wasnt refering to that la.
    DKSG say jurong 1700, then bukit merah 1700+x, then tanglin 1700+xx.
    so now R33 was saying OCR chiong, the rest are laggards.
    He is doing this to shred DKSG's credibility.

i usually read the threads from start to finish for those threads that are epic slugfest.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful View Post
    R33 wasnt refering to that la.
    DKSG say jurong 1700, then bukit merah 1700+x, then tanglin 1700+xx.
    so now R33 was saying OCR chiong, the rest are laggards.
    He is doing this to shred DKSG's credibility.

i usually read the threads from start to finish for those threads that are epic slugfest.

well, that wasn't what the nincompoop stated in his post. even if we admit this background information, OCR had been chionging since 2009, while CCR had been stagnant/creeping up real slow since 2011.

to claim victory that OCR is chionging is like telling us the obvious "hey, princeton is better than NUS" - duh

Your inability to understand what you read should not become a burden to this forum.

This is identical to the thread where the subject of gospel truth came about.

RINGO : Those living around the southern coast area might be in for a big surprise when URA release the Masterplan 2013.

so? you're taking this as gospel truth?
    Its either you have difficulties understanding what you read or you are implying that gospel might not be true.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=18869
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

The index is severely distorted by the massive amount of small MM units in sub-urban. PSF is high but prices is affordable. Just look at the Tembusu. Tampines road, ulu like crap, not near MRT but yet > 1.6k psf.

CCR is dropping, no doubt about it but I will be very careful with OCR. Especially those tiny units without MRT.

Looks like we are at the top of the curve now.

Will it be a plateau or a down slope from here?

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33 View Post
    Your inability to understand what you read should not become a burden to this forum.

This is identical to the thread where the subject of gospel truth came about.

RINGO : Those living around the southern coast area might be in for a big surprise when URA release the Masterplan 2013.

Its either you have difficulties understanding what you read or you are implying that gospel might not be true.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=18869
    kenna caught out and now trying to deviate from the discussion with something totally irrelevant?!

what's new. i'll try not to use metaphors and analogies on you.

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb View Post
    The index is severely distorted by the massive amount of small MM units in sub-urban. PSF is high but prices is affordable. Just look at the Tembusu. Tampines road, ulu like crap, not near MRT but yet > 1.6k psf.

CCR is dropping, no doubt about it but I will be very careful with OCR. Especially those tiny units without MRT.
    Actually there is nothing surprising with this trend as I believe the underlying season for that is because of what Singapore urban planners are pushing rather than investors are getting stupid with their investment.

With more and more shopping malls, business hubs, international school, parks, waterfront and tourist attractions all popping up in OCR, there is no reason why demand for OCR property will not rise.

Ultimately, what Singapore government want is to push up the value of LH land so that it will help generate perpetual stream of revenue for government.

Private condo price will deattach from HDB price.
    Hdb will continue to drop slightly while condo price goes up.

Quote Originally Posted by star View Post
    Thats what the government want. They need to keep HDB affordable to give citizen no excuse to KPKB. But at the same time, government still need strong GLS to generate revenues for their land.

OCR MM without MRT is the cheapest money can buy right now. I don't think it can get any cheaper further down the road. I think this asset class is one of the strongest investment there is. Any little improvement in transport connectivity can increase the price tremendeously. Sooner or later any part of SG will get connected by MRT. It just a matter of time.

Quote Originally Posted by indomie View Post
    OCR MM without MRT is the cheapest money can buy right now. I don't think it can get any cheaper further down the road. I think this asset class is one of the strongest investment there is. Any little improvement in transport connectivity can increase the price tremendeously. Sooner or later any part of SG will get connected by MRT. It just a matter of time.
    alignment for 3 new MRT line will be announced in the next 3 years. ERL, JRL, and CRL and this will have tremendous positive impact for OCR property prices.

Actually, I know of many who would rather have a car than pay more for a condo next to an MRT. Seriously, what's the price difference? 20%?

For a million dollar Unit w/o MRT, I'd have to pay $1.2mil for one nearby (2km away) with MRT??

If I'm single and available, with that 200k, I'll buy a 2-seater sports car. MPV if I have a family of 4.

This curve is a very strong reminder to investors that OCR may have chiong-ed past is value already.

In investment, our mantra is ?

Buy low, sell high.

So, based on the chart, the next investment advice is buy low (CCR) and sell high (OCR).

Buying OCR now is like buy Orchard Residences at $6,500 psf last time when agents try to convince you that at $10,000 psf in Orchard is within sight!

I am sure agents selling Jurong now also will tell you that Jurong at $2,000 psf is within sight.

So, BEWARE!

DKSG

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG View Post
    This curve is a very strong reminder to investors that OCR may have chiong-ed past is value already.

In investment, our mantra is ?

Buy low, sell high.

So, based on the chart, the next investment advice is buy low (CCR) and sell high (OCR).

Buying OCR now is like buy Orchard Residences at $6,500 psf last time when agents try to convince you that at $10,000 psf in Orchard is within sight!

I am sure agents selling Jurong now also will tell you that Jurong at $2,000 psf is within sight.

So, BEWARE!

DKSG
    I think OCR trend still intact. Buying a low OCR is still a better investment than buying a low CCR.

I think OCR trend still intact. Buying a low OCR is still a better investment than buying a low CCR.
    wat's yr opinion of buying a high OCR?

Quote Originally Posted by mermaid View Post
    wat's yr opinion of buying a high OCR?
    High OCR is a property class with the highest rental yield at the moment. But its all already priced in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33 View Post

Hi Ringo, do you know the reason(s) for the base being set at 4Q98?

Quote Originally Posted by star View Post
    Sorry, I fail to understand this statement. If condo goes up, buyers who can will buy HDB, and push those up too? No?

High OCR is a property class with the highest rental yield at the moment. But its all already priced in.
    if a person pays a high $, how to get the highest rental yield?

Quote Originally Posted by 081828 View Post
    Hi Ringo, do you know the reason(s) for the base being set at 4Q98?
    http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/text/pr00-13.html
    to use moving average method?

by charging a higher than the highest kind of rental lah! $10000/mth for a MM @ J gateway, lai lai lelong lelong

by charging a higher than the highest kind of rental lah! $10000/mth for a MM @ J gateway, lai lai lelong lelong
    dun understand the message tat u r trying to bring across.

per R33's prediction, J gateway can easily fetched 5% yield.

take $750k for an avg mm means mthly rental of abt $3.1k.

Only the recent OCR score the high price and they are still under construction. The one available for rental now mostly bought at under 1000 to 1300 per square feet and the yield is great.

read between the lines, sense the not-too-subtle sarcasm

got ppl confidently claimed tat when J gateway is ready, can easily fetch the current rental yield wor!

I will think it is closer to 4% yield. Caspian rental only 2.6k to 2.8k only. Don't forget to factor in dipping rental. By the time J Gateway TOP, they will be in for a surprise if rental dip and interest go up.

But for own stay, ok lah.

I will think it is closer to 4% yield. Caspian rental only 2.6k to 2.8k only. Don't forget to factor in dipping rental. By the time J Gateway TOP, they will be in for a surprise if rental dip and interest go up.

But for own stay, ok lah.
    u sure for own stay is still ok?
    liddat muz be very confident tat buy at ard $1600psf can sell at $1900 wor ...

mayb u r rite. if stay for very long den no problem

warp logic