Thread: MM in Tanjoing Pagar with best facilities?

Default MM in Tanjoing Pagar with best facilities?

Quite curious to know what is the best condo purely on the amenities alone?
    (excluding any attached mall... don't really care about the presence of a shopping centre in the basement)

Can include both old and new projects that haven't TOP yet.

Opinions please

Icon ?

<500sqft MM

The Clift: http://viewsingaporeproperty.com/the-clift/
    Highlight: Aqua gym, wet decks, laundrette, club house

V on Shenton: http://www.five-onshenton.com/facilities.html
    Highlight: Many wet decks, laundrette, Many bbq pits, Aqua Gym, Outdoor fitness

BUC:
    Sky Suites: http://skysuitesanson.wordpress.com/site-plan/
    Highlights: Tennis Court, 360 view @ lvl 72, 50M lap pool, Billard table

Robinson Suites: http://sg.propertylaunchnetwork.com/robinsonsuites/
    Highlights: 2x Pte 10m pool, Wet decks

5 on Shenton under BUC

its not TP, but I will wait for Marina One
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33 View Post
    its not TP, but I will wait for Marina One
    Yeah technically if TP, only skysuites will fit the bill for MM. So have to add more varieties to the list

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax View Post
    Yeah technically if TP, only skysuites will fit the bill for MM. So have to add more varieties to the list
    Guocoland TP180 is another one. But I would still prefer Marina One.

At the moment, the entire area around Marina Bay is look really messy, but once the coastal expressway is completed end of this year, many new development around Marina Bay will start. First will of course be the realignment of road then perhaps the expansion of MBS phase 2.

If got money, better hoot M1.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

At the moment, the entire area around Marina Bay is look really messy, but once the coastal expressway is completed end of this year, many new development around Marina Bay will start. First will of course be the realignment of road then perhaps the expansion of MBS phase 2.

TP180 is rename as Clermont Residence. Not sure if it has <500sqft though

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim1 View Post
    Quite curious to know what is the best condo purely on the amenities alone?
    (excluding any attached mall... don't really care about the presence of a shopping centre in the basement)

Can include both old and new projects that haven't TOP yet.

Opinions please
    Because facilities are dependent essentially on site area, so Icon and TP180 should be the best.

Maybe another question might be what is the most attractive feature in each of the popular condos in TP area.

Marina Bay is a goldmine. Just hoot any unit there

Quote Originally Posted by smartboy2 View Post
    Marina Bay is a goldmine. Just hoot any unit there
    Marine One is the gold mine, unfortunately the developers are are gold miners, so its not going to be cheap.

Looking at the masterplan, i reckon once developed, Marina One will become the epic center of the new Marina financial district. A place to see and to be seen.

Marine One is the gold mine, unfortunately the developers are are gold miners, so its not going to be cheap.

Looking at the masterplan, i reckon once developed, Marina One will become the epic center of the new Marina financial district. A place to see and to be seen.
    I hope the GOVT throw in more coffers to make goldmine special & to attract even more HNWI to invest in this area.

Sorry the entire marina Bay Area is LH. For that price, I rather buy district 9 freehold. If I really like the area, I'll rent a unit there and rent out a FH unit elsewhere. Let the your landlord suffer the depriciation while you enjoy his property.

Quote Originally Posted by sh View Post
    Sorry the entire marina Bay Area is LH. For that price, I rather buy district 9 freehold. If I really like the area, I'll rent a unit there and rent out a FH unit elsewhere. Let the your landlord suffer the depriciation while you enjoy his property.
    Hmm i think you are right. If one already has a unit in FH district 9 to rent out then really see no point taking a second loan to buy an MM there just to live in.

E.g. 1 million for MM.
    Cash upfront: 7% stamp duty + 40% downpayment = 470k.
    Expenses every month: Interest + maintenance + property tax = 1k+ a month (conservative).

If instead of buying the MM you invest 470k in REITs/dividend stocks at 5% yield/year then income of around 2k per month is possible. With that income, you just need to pay 1k+ more in cash every month to rent MM, which is really equal to paying the 1k+ for expenses per month (interest + maintenance + property tax)...

So it seems you really get to enjoy his LH property without any worries about shoebox bubble or depreciation and still have 470k liquid investments in hand. Have I done my sums right??
    Last edited by Maxim1; 24-09-13 at 22:00.

Hmm i think you are right. If one already has a unit in FH district 9 to rent out then really see no point taking a second loan to buy an MM there just to live in.

E.g. 1 million for MM.
    Expenses every month: Interest + maintenance + property tax = 1k+ a month (conservative).

If instead of buying the MM you invest 470k in REITs/dividend stocks at 5% yield/year then income of around 2k per month is possible. With that income, you just need to pay 1k+ more in cash every month to rent MM, which is really equal to paying the 1k+ for expenses per month (interest + maintenance + property tax)...

So it seems you really get to enjoy his LH property without any worries about shoebox bubble or depreciation and still have 470k liquid investments in hand. Have I done my sums right??
    MM at marina bay will be closer to 2m.

E.g. 1 million for MM.

Yes, the developments in marina bay are very attractive... Brand new, cutting edge design but LH. I have been very tempted to buy a unit, but I can't bear to consider buying one given the prices. So as consolation, I tell myself that if I really like it, rent one. Use the money intended to buy it to get a FH unit in D9. As ringo has priced a MM there at 2mil, that can get you a very good FH unit in D9 or even 2 FH MMs in lesser areas. The rental from the 2MMs should be able to cover the rent for 1 marina bay MM.

Both marina bay area and district 9 have their charm. i like marina bay for its potential and balance between vibrant lifestyle and greeneries.

Yes, the developments in marina bay are very attractive... Brand new, cutting edge design but LH. I have been very tempted to buy a unit, but I can't bear to consider buying one given the prices. So as consolation, I tell myself that if I really like it, rent one. Use the money intended to buy it to get a FH unit in D9. As ringo has priced a MM there at 2mil, that can get you a very good FH unit in D9 or even 2 FH MMs in lesser areas. The rental from the 2MMs should be able to cover the rent for 1 marina bay MM.
    Good point. I just have a feeling that many of these brand new tanjong pagar/marina bay condos have (potentially) scary depreciation rates due to LH status and high psf. In this market it might be more worthwhile to be abit more defensive and get D9 FH. Anyway, if Marina Bay condos go up in value, surely River Valley condos will go up too?!

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax View Post
    <500sqft MM

The Clift: http://viewsingaporeproperty.com/the-clift/
    Highlight: Aqua gym, wet decks, laundrette, club house

V on Shenton: http://www.five-onshenton.com/facilities.html
    Highlight: Many wet decks, laundrette, Many bbq pits, Aqua Gym, Outdoor fitness

BUC:
    Sky Suites: http://skysuitesanson.wordpress.com/site-plan/
    Highlights: Tennis Court, 360 view @ lvl 72, 50M lap pool, Billard table

Robinson Suites: http://sg.propertylaunchnetwork.com/robinsonsuites/
    Highlights: 2x Pte 10m pool, Wet decks
    I wonder if lvl 72 of sky suites will be very crowded given the number of MMs in that development! perhaps more density of people there on a saturday night compared to sky park at MBS?

if TP180 has sky suites, then it should be more crowded with better view