Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Venue Residences / Shoppes

Quote Originally Posted by visionary75 View Post
    Went to take a look at the show room on Saturday. Surprisingly, only the second week of sales, the show room was empty. I was the only person viewing the show flat. At a glance, not many units were sold, they were offering star buys for units on level 3.

I must say the finishing is good, the only downside risk is its proximity to the expressway, although the agent kept stressing that stacks facing inwards towards the landed property is shielded.

The maintenance fees are relatively high, for a 2-bedroom is $450. Do take note.
    Drove past over the weekend, saw many cars in the carpark, didnt go in thought very crowded. Looks like those were agents' cars then

What is the pfs and unit size for the level 3 starbuys?

The noise from the multiple expressways and roads can be quite bad. many already complained about oneleceister but this one is worse bec it is right at the biggest road junction in singapore. Is the swimpool at the s ame level as the expressways?

This project would do well if it is not so near the junction.

Quote Originally Posted by Singleton View Post
    Drove past over the weekend, saw many cars in the carpark, didnt go in thought very crowded. Looks like those were agents' cars then

What is the pfs and unit size for the level 3 starbuys?

The noise from the multiple expressways and roads can be quite bad. many already complained about oneleceister but this one is worse bec it is right at the biggest road junction in singapore. Is the swimpool at the s ame level as the expressways?

This project would do well if it is not so near the junction.
    Yep, when I parked, there were around 20 cars at car park which belonged to the agents. Overall quite bad experience, as I was the only person, the security guard kept following me around, took out my hp to sms and got warning by the guard not to take any photos. The agent kept pushing for 1 particular stack either 3 floor or 8 floor didn't seem keen to share the prices for other stacks and prices and what had been sold to-date. I gather the star buy for 3rd floor 840sqm 2 bedroom is approx $1.18M and cheapest 3 bed room on 3rd floor 105sqm is approx. $1.48M

Yep, when I parked, there were around 20 cars at car park which belonged to the agents. Overall quite bad experience, as I was the only person, the security guard kept following me around, took out my hp to sms and got warning by the guard not to take any photos. The agent kept pushing for 1 particular stack either 3 floor or 8 floor didn't seem keen to share the prices for other stacks and prices and what had been sold to-date. I gather the star buy for 3rd floor 840sqm 2 bedroom is approx $1.18M and cheapest 3 bed room on 3rd floor 105sqm is approx. $1.48M
    Thanks for the info

Thought they would have treated you like a VIP if you were the only one and not scared you off Taking photos should be good publicity for them.

$1400pfs for 3rd floor not exactly star buy.

The maintenance fees are relatively high, for a 2-bedroom is $450. Do take note.
    $450????

My Sant Ritz was just $214 for a 3-bedder ley.... albeit a smaller development.

Default Whats your views?

Hihi friends first time posting in this forum although have been a faithful reader. Any forummers have any further views on this development The Venue? Absolutely no go? Even with new mixed development by the MRT across the road? Is this development a victim of its excellent connectivity, by being also right beside one of the busiest and nosiest junction in Singapore?

Just curious to find out more diverse views of this development, if any interest at all friends. Cheers

Yes looks like its smack right in the middle of never ending traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by callenaw View Post
    Yes looks like its smack right in the middle of never ending traffic.
    you might want to consider other condos in the vicinity including 8RS at boon keng, or those at st michaels, or sennett/ sant ritz at PP?
    I've had enough. I'm done!!!

Quote Originally Posted by clemdale24 View Post
    you might want to consider other condos in the vicinity including 8RS at boon keng, or those at st michaels, or sennett/ sant ritz at PP?
    I guess its a tradeoff between availability of choice units or suitable quantum, versus a more comfortable and quieter living due to no huge road junction?

Would think St Mikes not too near to MRTs to be comparable, probably more 8RS(almost gone) vs Sennett (gone) vs Sant Ritz (almost gone) vs Venue (plenty available)?

Please wait for the MCC project at Mayappa Chettiar Rd. Better location, mixed development, 600+ units for you to choose. So why rush?

Quote Originally Posted by sunboy77 View Post
    Please wait for the MCC project at Mayappa Chettiar Rd. Better location, mixed development, 600+ units for you to choose. So why rush?
    Probably because the MCC project will be at least $100-$150 psf higher than Venue?

It is quite a obvious choice in terms of location and opportunity.
    Quote Originally Posted by sunboy77 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008 View Post
    It is quite a obvious choice in terms of location and opportunity.
    I assume you mean the new one by MCC is obviously the better choice? Sorry noob here so will like to hear your views and suggestions pls.

MCC project is better located and in central location to both PCs and HDB flats , and closer to mrt with less traffic noise exposure.
    Quote Originally Posted by StormyNormy View Post
    I assume you mean the new one by MCC is obviously the better choice? Sorry noob here so will like to hear your views and suggestions pls.

The mcc location is definitely better, in fact it is in the centre of all this new developments and that is probably why it was sold last by the government. Having said that I feel venue residences apartments are a tad bigger and I think mcc apartments would probably be smaller but with higher psf. So quantum wise would be close.

It is closer the existing amenities such as school, Posbank and NTUC.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2824 View Post
    The mcc location is definitely better, in fact it is in the centre of all this new developments and that is probably why it was sold last by the government. Having said that I feel venue residences apartments are a tad bigger and I think mcc apartments would probably be smaller but with higher psf. So quantum wise would be close.

TOP would be much much later as compared to Venue if that's not a concern?

I guess everyone has raised very valid points!

Quote Originally Posted by callenaw View Post
    TOP would be much much later as compared to Venue if that's not a concern?
    Yup. If you are kanjiong to have a ready unit soon, this MCC one is not suitable.
    They should be launching it sometime in Q1 or Q2 next year, then T.O.P. quoting 2019. My guess only.

Default Do your sum

I'm a newbie who had just started hunting to get my first private property. I went into The Venue showroom last Saturday. I was greeted by one of the property agents who happily told me I came at a right time. Why? Because the developer was giving a 22% discount for all the available units. After going through all showrooms, I finally decided on a 840sqf 2-bedder. After the 22% discount, the price quoted to me was $1.245M, which roughly translated to $1488psf! Just imagine without the 22% discount, it would be $1900psf!!! For $1900psf I wouldn't even consider Potong Pasir. Maybe this tactic is not new to many veterans here, but I hope to alert those newbies in this forum like myself on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Property Hunter View Post
    I'm a newbie who had just started hunting to get my first private property. I went into The Venue showroom last Saturday. I was greeted by one of the property agents who happily told me I came at a right time. Why? Because the developer was giving a 22% discount for all the available units. After going through all showrooms, I finally decided on a 840sqf 2-bedder. After the 22% discount, the price quoted to me was $1.245M, which roughly translated to $1488psf! Just imagine without the 22% discount, it would be $1900psf!!! For $1900psf I wouldn't even consider Potong Pasir. Maybe this tactic is not new to many veterans here, but I hope to alert those newbies in this forum like myself on this.
    Har?

I can also say I give you $1m discount ley. I just sell you the original price at $2.245m lor. Or half price also can.

By the way, I am amazed that many people didn't know "guaranteed rental yields for xx years" is also another form of price gimmicks. It's all cost-in already.

wonder if its the doing of the agent or the developer....

In the first place how can the venue be 1900 psf for 2bedder is impossible . if it worth 1900 psf selling at 1488 psf do you think still have unit left and you have a chance to buy by now .

This is all agent sale talk only . you go far east project they give you even more discount . haha

quite incredulous the sale tactic. Could it be the agent actually meant 2%?

i guess the agent is probably just pulling a fast one on us, terrible

Took pictures over the weekend and posted them on skyscrapercity forum:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1777332

Any one here buying or has bought Venue Residences?

Quote Originally Posted by Whipcream View Post
    Any one here buying or has bought Venue Residences?
    Lol. U joined forum for almost 3 yrs and this is ur first post? U have bought a unit or r thinking of buying one?

Hi Mr Tan. Thinking to.
    I joined forum but active in other topic and not this mah

U bought a unit at Venue?

Is there a Facebook account for residents who have bought Venue Residences.? Im looking for a forum tat only contained genuine advise by residents or genuine buyers, with no agent input.

Quote Originally Posted by Whipcream View Post
    Hi Mr Tan. Thinking to.
    I joined forum but active in other topic and not this mah

U bought a unit at Venue?
    Ah... I see...

Have u read the previous 17 pages of forum posts yet? Think some of them offer pretty good advices.

R u in a hurry? If not, u can wait for the launch of the MCC project at Mayappa Chettiar Rd first before deciding.

No lah. I jus kaypoh 38 busybody only. No vested interest here.