Thread: Private residential sales won't rebound sharply in September

Default Private residential sales won't rebound sharply in September

Only "some improvement" predicted at best.

According to property research firm Jones Lang LaSalle, "in September, we expect some improvement to the launch and sold figures but a sharp rebound is unlikely."

"Developers have had two months to size up the market and re-evaluate their pricing strategies. Under these circumstances, we could see launch phases with smaller quantum, in keeping with potentially slower demand and lower pricing than originally intended, when the market was more buoyant," it added.

The Jones Lang LaSalle forecast came as private residential sales in August 2013 showed slightly better numbers. But when compared to the periods prior to the implementation of a stricter total debt servicing ratio (TDSR) rules, it showed a still-relatively anemic performance.

The month of August recorded 927 private residential units launched and 742 units sold - an improvement from July’s 557 units launched and 482 units sold.

"It is still a far cry from the first half average of 1738 units launched and 1802 sold, before the TDSR kicked in. While the market is generally slower during the Hungry Ghost month, the TDSR has also kept the market at a slow pace in August," said Jones Lang LaSalle.

Eight new projects (excluding executive condominiums) were launched for sale in August, comprising mainly small to medium-sized projects as developers are still cautious due to the demand uncertainty caused by the TDSR.

The projects are Floraville, Kensington Square, 8 Farrer Suites, RV Residences, The Bentley Residences @ Kovan, The Tembusu, Treasures @G6 and 23 RC Suites.

Better performers included The Tembusu, a freehold project near Kovan, which achieved 65% sales take-up with 218 of its 337 units sold while Kensington Square, a mixed use freehold development at Bartley sold 61 of the 112 units launched.

The low sales quantum in the other new launch projects is indicative of slow demand, suggested the property research firm.

Of the five new projects launched for sale in July, some of them had no sales in August while a couple made slow progress, added Jones Lang LaSalle.

"We also compared the average of the top 5 projects with highest sales in May and June (pre-TDSR) with those in July and August. The May and June averages were 184 and 236 units respectively, while the average for July and August were 30 and 80 units respectively. This shows how demand has slowed post-TDSR. If this trend continues, the days of mega-launches with quick sell-out may be over unless projects are 'priced-to-sell.'" Jones Lang

http://sbr.com.sg/residential-proper...y-in-september

Slight price reduction expected for new launches soon?
    Developers no choice hv to bid lower to protect margin if they hv to "priced to sell"?

Or build smaller units and sell at lower quantum.

Quote Originally Posted by Eh View Post
    Or build smaller units and sell at lower quantum.
    but there is a limit as to how micky mouse one can go leh ...

prison cell is even worse than MM
    Ride at your own risk !!!

I predict that there will not be any rebound but rather, a MASSIVE DROP IN VOLUME !

CRASH ARH CRASH ARH !

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader View Post
    I predict that there will not be any rebound but rather, a MASSIVE DROP IN VOLUME !

CRASH ARH CRASH ARH !
    Mentor !

Please dont say such things aloud!

Those who bought Jurong at $1,6xx-$1,7xx may not be able to take it!

DKSG

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG View Post
    Mentor !

DKSG
    yes good brother DKSG. I will listen to your advice rather than that nut guy.

Buy Espada arh.... Cheong arh.....

U are better than ah B....at least u have one follower....

Quote Originally Posted by lajia View Post
    U are better than ah B....at least u have one follower....
    Thank You, I take that as a compliment.

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG View Post
    Mentor !

DKSG
    Correction. It is J Gateway that is selling at that price range not Jurong. Please get your fact right.

As we all know when you buy any residential property today, you will be bounded by 4 years of Seller Stamp Duty @ 16% 12% 8% 4%, so what happens between now and 3 to 4 years down the road, it shouldnt matter because you are no in the market to sell. And if there are not transaction, who is to say the price is dropping?

In fact a price correction today will actually play into the hands of J Gateway buyer because in 3 to 4 years time, we will be riding the up cycle free from SSD and we could decide to sell the moment we think is right.

Plus since J Gateway is a sold out development you wont run a risk of developers slashing price like Sky Habitat (Bishan) Interlace (Alexandra) d Leedon (Farrer Road). I presume these are all good buy.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

R33, just curious what do u work as?
    Why are u in every thread 24/7?
    Even during office hours?

Quote Originally Posted by Adva181 View Post
    R33, just curious what do u work as?
    Why are u in every thread 24/7?
    Even during office hours?
    Housewife.

Quote Originally Posted by wirehtc View Post
    Housewife.
    wrong, wrong, wrong!
    keyboard warrior!
    He's a guy.
    In fact, he has display certain traits which shows tat he is not young.

yeah, u r not nuts; u r merely attention seeking.
    very hard to find ppl uncle liao still nid so much attn. Tis is very jialat
    but hor, to be honest, tis is not the forum to seek attn. HWZ de EDMW meets yr nids better.

Quote Originally Posted by mermaid View Post
    but hor, to be honest, tis is not the forum to seek attn. HWZ de EDMW meets yr nids better.
    i was in HWZ when you were a baby la.

u are one of the 2 using big-big picture in your signature. the other is ecimbew.
    like dat not attention seeking meh?
    pot calling kettle black.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful View Post
    u are one of the 2 using big-big picture in your signature. the other is ecimbew.
    I nvr deny the fact tat I'm attention seeking. But at the very least I dun create nuisance threads trying hard to catch everyone's attn.

Everytime whenever someone create a thread, b4 I go in, I will click at the total posts & see 1st. If I see the bulk/all of the posts is made by the TS, I wun be keen to go in cos tat's another atten seeking thread to me.

FYI, I dun feel having flashy signature is attention seeking wor. unless Im using gif of my own foto den tat is another story liao. lol ....

i was in HWZ when you were a baby la.
    yala, I noe la, dun nid u to remind me tat I still hv youth

simi? u r in HWZ for so long liao, yet u still haven pick up the skills of how to seek attention in an effective way?!?!
    Last edited by mermaid; 26-09-13 at 09:38.

I nvr deny the fact tat I'm attention seeking. But at the very least I dun create nuisance threads trying hard to catch everyone's attn.

Everytime whenever someone create a thread, b4 I go in, I will click at the total posts & see 1st. If I see the bulk/all of the posts is made by the TS, I wun be keen to go in cos tat's another atten seeking thread to me.

FYI, I dun feel having flashy signature is attention seeking wor. unless Im using gif of my own foto den tat is another story liao. lol ....

yala, I noe la, dun nid u to remind me tat I still hv youth

simi? u r in HWZ for so long liao, yet u still haven pick up the skills of how to seek attention in an effective way?!?!
    NI GONG SIMI ?

I have enough attention in real life. I look better than your gif for ur info. Many says I look like Leslie Cheung.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful View Post
    I support brother hopeful, u are a kind person not like the nut gang.

NI GONG SIMI ?

I have enough attention in real life. I look better than your gif for ur info. Many says I look like Leslie Cheung.

if u look like leslie cheung, den u dun nid to be so attention seeking liao, something muz be wrong somewhere.

anyway, I do not wish to argue wif u whether u r attention seeking onot; cos everyone has eyes to judge.

juz tat whenever u create a thread, I juz cant help feeling very amused as to why an old uncle is still so attn. seeking, & in a such ineffective way, hahaha

if u look like leslie cheung, den u dun nid to be so attention seeking liao, something muz be wrong somewhere.

anyway, I do not wish to argue wif u whether u r attention seeking onot; cos everyone has eyes to judge.

juz tat whenever u create a thread, I juz cant help feeling very amused as to why an old uncle is still so attn. seeking, & in a such ineffective way, hahaha
    you wanna know why ? you will find out in October.

you wanna know why ? you will find out in October.
    Crash?....If so, that is what I having been waiting...

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Massive drop in volume is good with continual price increase because very few want to sell cheap!

CRASH ARH CRASH ARH !

OCTOBER 17
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew View Post
    OCTOBER 17
    u still dare to come in?
    got ppl complain yr too attention seeking signature wor! lol ...