Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Global house prices rising; Indonesia and Malaysia outperform Singapore

Default Global house prices rising; Indonesia and Malaysia outperform Singapore

Global house prices rising; Indonesia and Malaysia outperform Singapore
    Sep 10, 2013 - PropertyGuru.com.my

House prices in Indonesia and Malaysia are rising at a faster pace than those in Singapore, according to the latest Knight Frank House Price Index which was published yesterday.

Indonesian prices saw a 12.1 percent year-on-year rise to the end of the second quarter, while Malaysian prices rose 6.0 percent over the same period. This ranks the countries IN 7th and 17th respectively in the report of 55 countries.

By contrast Singapore priced (non-landed private properties) rose just 4.5 percent – ranking the country in 26th place of global house price. Singapore is ranked alongside Iceland and Luxembourg in terms of the percentage rise in house prices.

Elsewhere European property prices rose for the first time since 2010, while house prices around the world rose by 2.4 percent in the second quarter of 2013, the highest rate of annual growth since Q2 2010.

Prices rose in 37 of the 55 countries tracked by the index in the second quarter of 2013. This compares to 27 two years earlier which points to an improving global picture.

Dubai leads the annual rankings, recording price growth of 21.7% in the year to the end of June. The emirate’s housing market has gained momentum since late 2012, while its prime market led the way, mainstream prices are now following suit.

For the first time since 2010, European countries recorded positive annual price growth. However, the average 0.7 percent increase over the past 12 months masks a sharp divergence in performance between individual countries, with Turkey the strongest performer (up by 12.2 percent) and Greece the weakest (down by 11.5 percent) year-on-year.

The economies of some key emerging markets are showing signs of strain and this is being reflected in their housing markets’ performance. Annual price growth in Brazil, for example, stands at 11.9 percent, down from 18.4 percent a year earlier.

The U.S. housing market recovery appears to be on firmer ground, with its second consecutive quarterly rise. Nationally, prices rose by 10.2 percent in the last 12 months, with the cities of Atlanta and Chicago recording the strongest growth in the second quarter.

It is interesting to note that the world’s two largest housing markets – the U.S. and China – are experiencing contrasting fortunes; quarterly growth reached 7.1 percent in the U.S. but hovered around 0 percent in China.
    For the fourth consecutive quarter the bottom ten rankings have all been occupied by European countries.

While Greece, Spain and Portugal dominate the headlines, the sluggish markets of The Netherlands, Hungary and Croatia are often overlooked. These countries recorded price falls of 8.5 percent, 8.2 percent and 5.5 percent respectively in the year to June. Tight lending conditions, high levels of consumer debt and rising unemployment are depressing market activity.

The U.K., after three years of negative or stuttering price growth in its mainstream market, has found some traction. Prices rose by 2.6 percent in the second quarter.

Knight Frank concluded that the medium term outlook is muted. Europe has been the main drag on the global housing market’s performance in recent years but growing confidence is being tempered by deterioration in the outlook for a number of the large emerging market economies.

Thailand is not included in the report due to a lack of creditable data.

Top ten fast growing countries by property prices
    Rank | Country | 12-month % change from Q2 2012-Q2 2013

1 Dubai, UAE 21.7%
    2 Hong Kong1 19.1%
    3 Taiwan 15.4%
    4 China2 14.8%
    5 Colombia 12.7%
    6 Turkey 12.2%
    7 Indonesia 12.1%
    8 Estonia 11.9%
    9 Brazil 11.9%
    10 Ukraine 10.9%

Others
    17 Malaysia 6.0%
    26 Singapore 4.5%

The Knight Frank Global House Price Index was established in 2006 is the definitive means for investors and developers to monitor and compare the performance of mainstream residential markets across the world. The index is compiled on a quarterly basis using official government statistics or central bank data where available.

Andrew Batt, International Group Editor of PropertyGuru Group, wrote this story. To contact him about this or other stories email [email protected]

http://www.propertyguru.com.my/prope...-and-malaysia-

Global House Price Index

View full report at http://my.knightfrank.com/research-r...ice-index.aspx

the dragon heads are soaring to the heaven

the other young dragons are soaring too

even the pigs are flying

it is a matter of time b4 Singapore property becomes value for money again

what's more?? when McCafe Cappaccino up 14% overnight and commercial vehicle COE keeps hitting all time high

the value of money is fast shrinking
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Asia Pacific Residential Review

View full report at http://my.knightfrank.com/research-r...al-review.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera View Post

even the pigs are flying

what's more?? when McCafe Cappaccino up 14% overnight and commercial vehicle COE keeps hitting all time high

Burger King is shrinking fast too. Buy properties in our region as a hedge. (Unofficial) inflation next year will soar.

Take the KF data with a pinch of salt. Some countries very large and certain areas may do well while others are dropping.

Quote Originally Posted by wirehtc View Post
    Thailand is not included in the report due to a lack of creditable data.
    any english expert here?
    is it credible data or creditable data?

the writer is a sneaky guy.
    thailand is not "creditable", so not included.
    the rest are included, therefore they are "creditable", therefore,you must believe my figures.

even the pigs are flying

It is very obvious the property speculators have moved to other countries liao la. Wait long long lor. ( TAN KU KU = Hokkien ) Only gong kias left in this market la.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful View Post
    any english expert here?
    is it credible data or creditable data?

the writer is a sneaky guy.
    thailand is not "creditable", so not included.
    the rest are included, therefore they are "creditable", therefore,you must believe my figures.
    creditable could mean cannot be assigned or gathered. Not meant to say credible la, good sister hopeful

i no england expert la, but my england very good A1 la.

Preferring a mix of gold and diversified real estate (and not government bonds), Marc Faber warns investors to be highly skeptical of anyone who believes they can forecast what is going to happen over the next 5-10 years.
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Preferring a mix of gold and diversified real estate (and not government bonds), Marc Faber warns investors to be highly skeptical of anyone who believes they can forecast what is going to happen over the next 5-10 years.
    He must have been reading my thread la.

Please la, he got THIRD EYE bo ? he got CELESTIAL POWER bo ? he can talk with ghosts bo ? He is a TANKEE or not ?

If dun have of course cannot forecast la.

angmo dun believe in such things one la, that is why their economy is in a mess lor.

Gold is dropping again.

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader View Post
    It is very obvious the property speculators have moved to other countries liao la. Wait long long lor. ( TAN KU KU = Hokkien ) Only gong kias left in this market la.

Agree... Especially those who bot espada.... Hahahaha.. Rent out to Minnie mouse???? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Better go for breakfast Liao... Chao... Hahahahaha

He must have been reading my thread la.

Please la, he got THIRD EYE bo ? he got CELESTIAL POWER bo ? he can talk with ghosts bo ? He is a TANKEE or not ?

If dun have of course cannot forecast la.

angmo dun believe in such things one la, that is why their economy is in a mess lor.
    last time in 2008, if the US President come to our Chinese temples and pray, maybe Lehman will not collapse la. And also the FED will not have to print like no tomm causing the dollar to weaken like a deflated rubber lor.

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut View Post
    Agree... Especially those who bot espada.... Hahahaha.. Rent out to Minnie mouse???? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Better go for breakfast Liao... Chao... Hahahahaha
    lai liao lai liao...this mad guy lai liao.

I said to PROTECT my capital, I am not looking for rental return or even capital gain hor.

lai liao lai liao...this mad guy lai liao.

I said to PROTECT my capital, I am not looking for rental return or even capital gain hor.

But espada machiam like Prada... HAHAHAHAHAHA

Aiya, why you so goon??? Always go against tide... People like bro phantom so nice give u clues but you keep relying on you third arsh... HAHAHAHAHAHA

You take medicine Liao bo???? HAHAHAHAHAHA

Teddy give u clue, u still so blur????

But don't listen to me... This is not me... I got my staff to type under me... So u don't know who is who... I gave my staff my username and password... So they are pseudo... HAHAHAHAHAHA
    Blur rite...

the angmo SIBEH arrogant la. They thought by using their tiny human brains, they can solve everything on this planet.

Please la, ever wonder why so many comets in space BUT no single one can hit our planet bo? It is because of the UNSEEN helping us la. THEY are more concern with our welfare than the angmo with money lor.

SIBEH arrogant arh...the angmos. Read that an angmo drinking in our MRT from another forum.

Aiya, why you so goon??? Always go against tide... People like bro phantom so nice give u clues but you keep relying on you third arsh... HAHAHAHAHAHA

I ALREADY TOLD U LIAO. MY JOB. READ MY LIPS AGAIN: MY JOB IS TO SHOUT CRASH THE MARKET LA! You want me to go out of job and be unemployed sibo ? very Or-sim la you.

the angmo SIBEH arrogant la. They thought by using their tiny human brains, they can solve everything on this planet.

Please la, ever wonder why so many comets in space BUT no single one can hit our planet bo? It is because of the UNSEEN helping us la. THEY are more concern with our welfare than the angmo with money lor.

SIBEH arrogant arh...the angmos. Read that an angmo drinking in our MRT from another forum.

Mai racist leh... Ebony and ivory.... Listen... Don't incite racism... Kam Sia.

Hhahahah

Teddy give u clue, u still so blur????

But don't listen to me... This is not me... I got my staff to type under me... So u don't know who is who... I gave my staff my username and password... So they are pseudo... HAHAHAHAHAHA
    Blur rite...
    u thought u are the only one doing that arh ? I got no staffs under me to use my account arh ?

then how come i can be here 24/7 even early in the morning 4 am?

Please la....

I ALREADY TOLD U LIAO. MY JOB. READ MY LIPS AGAIN: MY JOB IS TO SHOUT CRASH THE MARKET LA! You want me to go out of job and be unemployed sibo ? very Or-sim la you.
    I never stop u leh.... I just saying must listen to kind souls like phantom and teddy... Don't be so or sim to drag other people down leh....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Carry on private.

Mai racist leh... Ebony and ivory.... Listen... Don't incite racism... Kam Sia.

Hhahahah
    u always put words into my mouth la. i never incite racism hor... I say someone arrogant is racism ?

u thought u are the only one doing that arh ? I got no staffs under me to use my account arh ?

then how come i can be here 24/7 even early in the morning 4 am?

Please la....

I joking u also believe...

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Relak lar, sometime I feel u too emo.... Must breathe in and out slowly....

But really, espada sucks... For your sake. I hope u joking... Hahahahah

I never stop u leh.... I just saying must listen to kind souls like phantom and teddy... Don't be so or sim to drag other people down leh....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Carry on private.
    U taken ur medicine liao bo this morning?

although in army I am a private. But at least now I am a commander in private company hor.

U taken ur medicine liao bo this morning?

although in army I am a private. But at least now I am a commander in private company hor.
    Good for u.... relak lar... Keep inciting leh...

I joking u also believe...

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Relak lar, sometime I feel u too emo.... Must breathe in and out slowly....

But really, espada sucks... For your sake. I hope u joking... Hahahahah
    Wahlaueh... TOLD U I AM AN INTERNET AVATAR la dun believe. Got read my other thread bo? You newbie arh ?

Of course I know u are joking la, GOOD BROTHER...Just entertaining the gong kias here only la.

Good for u.... relak lar... Keep inciting leh...
    NI SHI SIAO SHI BO ? told u already u deaf arh ?

Wahlaueh... TOLD U I AM AN INTERNET AVATAR la dun believe. Got read my other thread bo? You newbie arh ?

Of course I know u are joking la, GOOD BROTHER...Just entertaining the gong kias here only la.

But the scary part is some really believe u leh... Look at wunderkind ... Hahahaha

But very entertaining leh... U thot of acting with Gurmit??? U will do well leh...

NI SHI SIAO SHI BO ? told u already u deaf arh ?

I did not enable nuance .... Hahahaha u know nuance???

After this u need to google rite... U not up to rev leh....

ONE LAST TIME FOR THE NEW GONGKIAs like CHESTNUT here :

Character: Blackjack21trader a.k.a 神龙股侠。

Background information:

1) Born in the 1960s to a rich real estate family.

2) Was mentally disturbed since young and thought that he can communicate with ghosts or angels.

3) When an adult, went to very reputable schools but nobody notices he is a actually a total idiot but instead thought he is a genius and can predict the future, including his mentors or professors.

Character:

1) Because he is mentally disturbed, he must sometimes act like an angry man and sometimes act like a nice guy.

2) He is very stubborn, more stubborn like Mr. Basic and live in a world created by his own imagination. Or will mentally twist the real world happenings to fit his own imagination.

3) He will scream like mad at times and at other times appeared like a gentleman.

4) Since young, because of his hallucination episodes, he thought he is very handsome but in reality you can puke when you see him.

5) He will praise those that agree with him BUT will condemn anyone who disagrees with him even that someone is absolutely right on target.

6) He is a company director and very ego who always claim he is the most intelligent, but actually he "rob" ideas during company meetings from his subordinates and make it his own. He use the same method in Internet forums.

7) In front of the public eyes he will say one thing but do another behind for his own personal gains. Absolutely selfish and ego person.

8) When company business doing well, he will claim credits and when doing badly, he will blame his workers.

9) Because of his high ego, even when a lady glare at him, he will mentally twist it to hallucinate that she is smiling at him.

GET IT ? NI SHI SIAO SIBO ???