Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Sky Vue (D20, 99 years, Capitaland-Mitsubishi Estate Asia)

Quote Originally Posted by mummy View Post
    The agent said to give empty cheque by Wednesday and balloting next Saturday. Said the price will be confirmed on Saturday and that will be the early bird lower price, meaning, the later one goes, the more expensive it is likely to be. If balloted on sat, have to write 5% of the confirmed price on the cheque to get the unit.
    Yup you are right.

Mode of Sale: by way of Balloting.
    This pricing is only for exclusive VVIP clients and will not remain once public launch after the balloting exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by mummy View Post
    Just went to the show flat and it was pretty crowded with lots of mercs and BMWs at the car park...

The units all seem to have walkin wardrobes for the master room which is nice. The 2 bedroom suite have an unusual layout with the kitchen next to the balcony which is good for the fumes to dissipate out. But I found the bedrooms a bit small and balconies too big.

Was attracted to the 1 bedder and it is a good buy for investment I think. Could have chosen this over my present mm, except that this is leasehold. But really nice for a retiree or single with larger space than most mm , hence living room and kitchen is bigger. Also the master bedroom toilet is accessible to guest via a second door. The walkin wardrobe is nice too.

There is still quite a big piece of adjoining empty land so more condos might be coming up?. The agents there do not know of the plans for the adjoining empty land.

The pricing is definitely attractive compared to SkyHabiatat which is just next door.
    Ya, many fall in love with our 1-bedroom layout. Good livable space without balcony which ones would probably not able to find one in current or future developments. Valued for money!

is showflat opened during weekdays next week?

Yes, it will be opened till wed , then the showflat will be closed till Sat for the VVIp preview launch.

Register at the site below and view before its closed. Early bird discount applies for the vip preview.

----------------------------------

Sky
    Vue
    FULL Set floor plans - Click Here

or

The showflats only show 1-3 bedrooms, but for the 3bedder, they did not show the other types. I like the 2 bedder although the bedroom sizes look a bit tad small ....whatever happened to the 'no shoebox' for capland philosophy?

Quote Originally Posted by hanafi_d2000 View Post
    The showflats only show 1-3 bedrooms, but for the 3bedder, they did not show the other types. I like the 2 bedder although the bedroom sizes look a bit tad small ....whatever happened to the 'no shoebox' for capland philosophy?
    The one who said shoebox is inhumane has left ma
    When you have eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth

Anyone knows which stacks will be launched and which will not? Or all launch on same day?

Quote Originally Posted by cactus View Post
    Anyone knows which stacks will be launched and which will not? Or all launch on same day?
    My agent said that is not known yet.
    But from the recent media release, they mentioned that they going to launch PHASE 1. So I guess not all launch for this sat .

Anyone know if there is a side gate? Will it be nearer to the MRT?

Anyone has placed in their cheques? Which stack are you looking at?

Quote Originally Posted by Noexit View Post
    Sure the psf so low for two bedroom just 1256psf ?
    Hahaha how many units are $1256psf? You sure you can get?
    I bet you Sky Vue higher floors and away from the rubbish collection point will not be such prices....

Why people keep having the idea that EVERY unit in Sky Vue is going to be cheap ah? Get real guys, 2nd floor units, units looking at Sky Habitat, units that get West sun, and units near rubbish collection point sure cheap ma!

There are 694 units in all ley!

But the amenities there very nice. Got nice mall, cinema, library, etc...

Any idea how tall are the bishan stadium lights?

After looking through the layouts of this project. I feel that there is really nothing to shout about. Mbr balcony is even bigger than living room's(3bedder). Living and dining is very conventional(similar layout to condos built in late 1990-early 2000s. Common rooms are not able to fit a queen sized bed. Walk in wardrobe further reduces liveable space with 2 balconies taken into account .

But pricing seems to be fair, to people who could not bother more about layout(3bedder). Surrounding amenities are plentiful.
    Ride or Die

-
    Multistory carpark, feels like a hdb
    Big balcony, tiny br
    Direct west facing units will be "hot"
    Two blocks are too near to each other, unblock view of south facing of bk1 or north facing of bk3
    10-11 units sharing common area

+
    Very near J8, both circle and ns mrt
    Good location, centre of sg

Just wondering why would anyone buy a 3br in Sky Vue but houses only 4 people (both common rooms are single bed!)

One-bedder no balcony. Where to dry clothes ar?

509 Sky Habitat units with more than half unsold + 694 Sky Vue units + another 4 to 5 neighboring residential plots with the same mass (or mess). Total 3000 to 4000 units on that same piece of land?

With such competition, good luck with getting a good price for rental and resale.
    If many developers' units remained unsold, resale will be even more nightmarish - it is already going to happen for Sky Habitat. Those Sky Habitat owners want to resell their units in future? Wait long long ...

Good point....but some don't care, or they are blinded. Bishan, wa good location BUY! Which is not rationale as a investor.

Quote Originally Posted by sunboy77 View Post
    509 Sky Habitat units with more than half unsold + 694 Sky Vue units + another 4 to 5 neighboring residential plots with the same mass (or mess). Total 3000 to 4000 units on that same piece of land?

With such competition, good luck with getting a good price for rental and resale.
    If many developers' units remained unsold, resale will be even more nightmarish - it is already going to happen for Sky Habitat. Those Sky Habitat owners want to resell their units in future? Wait long long ...

Quote Originally Posted by lajia View Post
    Good point....but some don't care, or they are blinded. Bishan, wa good location BUY! Which is not rationale as a investor.
    On contrary, I think this is a good buy for investment. Multi-story carpark? no problem, not an eyesore as long as you rent it out. Somemore the saving achieved from avoiding underground carpark helps to bring down the psf price and quantum, thus benefiting the investors. Living space is small? no problem, people who buy to rent it out is not staying inside so couldn't bother less about the limited living space.

For tenants, is location good in terms of absolute geographic location and proximity to public transportation? yes. is surrounding amenities ample? Plenty. is the unit itself too cramped? Probably, but there's always trade-off. Those tenants who prefer to have better environment and interiors can always choose SH, at a higher price. But I suspect most of those who bought SH at high high are probably buying for own stay. As for more new developments coming along in the future, it's meant by the government to be that. why? Population is growing...need more shelters, otherwise the lands would have been planned for commercial or factory use.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveYoung View Post
    On contrary, I think this is a good buy for investment. Multi-story carpark? no problem, not an eyesore as long as you rent it out. Somemore the saving achieved from avoiding underground carpark helps to bring down the psf price and quantum, thus benefiting the investors.
    It is as good as saying budget airlines are BUDGET for a reason. Lousy service but bring down costs for the travellers. But what if you are buying a budget airline seat at a price of an SQ seat?

Living space is small? no problem, people who buy to rent it out is not staying inside so couldn't bother less about the limited living space.
    Of cos it is a problem. Practicality is the issue. Why would one rent a place that houses 1 x double bed + 1 x single bed if they can get a place that houses 2 x double bed at the same price and location? For that matter, if the tenant is a couple with 2 young kids, the Sky Vue 2-bedder is already out of contention right? If the tenant is a couple with their elderly parents and a kid, they can also rule out the Sky Vue 3-bedder (all common rooms houses a SINGLE bed only) right? And this is not even an opinion. It is a FACT.

So please think twice. You are really restricting your potential tenant pool if you buy Sky Vue.

As for more new developments coming along in the future, it's meant by the government to be that. why? Population is growing...need more shelters, otherwise the lands would have been planned for commercial or factory use.
    Agreed.
    But what I am saying is, for investors who think they can flip at a high price in the future and make lotsa profits, that will only happen if Sky Habitat + Sky Vue + all other 4 or 5 residential plots are fully sold. All 3000 to 5000 units fully sold in the next five years? I won't bet on it.

Don't forget: Sky Habitat is already more than half unsold - Meaning threshold point in Bishan has already been reached. This threshold point will be further diluted by the extra 3000 units pumped into that land.

A double bed room is not equal to 2 single bed room.
    Dun forget double decker hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by sunboy77 View Post
    Agreed.
    But what I am saying is, for investors who think they can flip at a high price in the future and make lotsa profits, that will only happen if Sky Habitat + Sky Vue + all other 4 or 5 residential plots are fully sold. All 3000 to 5000 units fully sold in the next five years? I won't bet on it.

Please think.
    You do not need all 4000 units to be fully sold.
    U just need your category to be fully sold.
    eg. 2 bedder units. Maybe there are 1,000 unit of them.
    There is always a demand for 2 bedder even if all the penthouse n 3-4 bedders are still available.

Quote Originally Posted by Adva181 View Post
    A double bed room is not equal to 2 single bed room.
    Dun forget double decker hahahaha
    Har?
    But you are buying Sky Vue 2 x single bedrooms at the prices of other new launches' 2 x double bedrooms.

Quote Originally Posted by Adva181 View Post
    You do not need all 4000 units to be fully sold.
    U just need your category to be fully sold.
    eg. 2 bedder units. Maybe there are 1,000 unit of them.
    There is always a demand for 2 bedder even if all the penthouse n 3-4 bedders are still available.
    Good point.

But this same theory goes for other projects in other locations too.

RELATIVE to other projects in other locations, this Bishan land is too massive to see any good rental returns and good resale profits, even after categorizing them into the various bedroom types. Competition within individual condos and between neighboring condos is too great. 1000 to 2000 2-bedders on that land? I shudder to even think about rental profits.
    Last edited by sunboy77; 25-09-13 at 21:43.

According to some report, they are estimating that SV break even will be around $1300psf, but I think it could be $1250psf because they are going for MSCP instead of basement carpark. So I think this project will be selling region of $1400psf,

I think SV will always be the poorer cousin of SH, so SV will most likely attract those who couldnt afford SH.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

With MSCP, the lap pool is on 6 or 7th floor and the other pools like jacuzzi kids pool etc are located downstairs. I would definitely prefer all these to be on the same floor. With this layout, it really make the place look very tight.

"Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

capitaland doesnt like tennis as a sport. they love swimming though. almost 700 units share 1 tennis court. AT d leedon it was 1715 units sharing 3!!!

Quote Originally Posted by smellyfish View Post
    capitaland doesnt like tennis as a sport. they love swimming though. almost 700 units share 1 tennis court. AT d leedon it was 1715 units sharing 3!!!
    That's why I say cost-cutting!
    And still so many people cheonging for it.