Thread: Renovation

Default Renovation

Plan to change my son and daughter's bedroom cupboards to a sliding door type and change my kitchen top and bottom cabinets. I have got some quotations but find it too expensive or is it that that is the market price in today's market?

For kitchen top (table) and cabinets (bottom only), he quoted me $5k to $6k, the kitchen top material is quart. For the bedroom's cupboard, is about $2k per room, just the sliding door and the frame with some poles.

Any recommendations for any good contractor that charge at a reasonable price. Workmanship is also important.

What do you all think about the Ikea's material but unfortunately the size of the sliding door cupboards doesn't fit mine.

Quote Originally Posted by irisng View Post
    Plan to change my son and daughter's bedroom cupboards to a sliding door type and change my kitchen top and bottom cabinets. I have got some quotations but find it too expensive or is it that that is the market price in today's market?

For kitchen top (table) and cabinets (bottom only), he quoted me $5k to $6k, the kitchen top material is quart. For the bedroom's cupboard, is about $2k per room, just the sliding door and the frame with some poles.

Any recommendations for any good contractor that charge at a reasonable price. Workmanship is also important.

What do you all think about the Ikea's material but unfortunately the size of the sliding door cupboards doesn't fit mine.
    You should post this kind of question in renotalk instead.

Staying in condo got to prepare to receive costly quote by Reno ID or contractor.

Most good contractors not keen to do condo work cos too much restriction. They already have good biz from HDB owners.

Quote Originally Posted by nickq View Post
    You should post this kind of question in renotalk instead.
    Thanks. Didn't know that there is such a forum :ashamed1. I will look into it.

Cost of sliding door wardrobe with aluminum frame frosted glass shOuld range from $300 pfr.
    Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Khng8 View Post
    Cost of sliding door wardrobe with aluminum frame frosted glass shOuld range from $300 pfr.
    Good luck.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Wynyard View Post
    Staying in condo got to prepare to receive costly quote by Reno ID or contractor.

Most good contractors not keen to do condo work cos too much restriction. They already have good biz from HDB owners.
    That is a lousy mentality of ID. Which is why all my project I source from JB or online. Sorry to local ID...u sucks and wont give u a cent.

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123 View Post
    That is a lousy mentality of ID. Which is why all my project I source from JB or online. Sorry to local ID...u sucks and wont give u a cent.

Do u have any lobang or website to share? Another way I think is to go direct to the furniture contractor instead of thru' renovation contractor (third party), it might be cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123 View Post
    From that mentality, i guess your time is cheap. Who knows? Your local ID could be from jb also. How to find singaporean nowadays? I will pay someone who deliver but i have yet to meet one.

Quote Originally Posted by slepland View Post
    From that mentality, i guess your time is cheap. Who knows? Your local ID could be from jb also. How to find singaporean nowadays? I will pay someone who deliver but i have yet to meet one.
    Everybody's time is precious. I managed to find my previous furniture contractor who did my furnitures finishing twice, once about 26yrs ago and the second time, which is my current house about 16yrs back. They design for me and did the furnitures themselves. I called the company again for a quote, the designer who had dealt with me had already left the company, so I spoke to the boss and he gave me an estimated quote of about $3k+ for my kitchen with quartz table top and below cabinet. Whether S'porean or Malaysian workers, I don't mind, as long as the workmanship is ok but for China workers, I might think twice.

Quote Originally Posted by slepland View Post
    my time not cheap, but i have free time. it doesnt matter local id is from jb or not. JB contractor always give better price than local. period. local id can go suck thumb for charging according to the type of housing.