Thread: SOUTHERN WATERFRONT CITY

Default SOUTHERN WATERFRONT CITY

NEW WATERFRONT CITY: Singapore to build new 1,000 ha Southern Waterfront City stretching from Shenton Way to Pasir Panjang (2.5 x Marina Bay). Also building new port in Tuas.

From today's National Day Rally speech.

Over the long term, the west will be a shipping hub. The east will be Air Hub.

Sharing is caring.

In this case, moving is caring.
    click: 🏢shoeboxmickeymousehouse 🏢

From the Facebook site of Ministry of National Development:

More prime land in Tanjong Pagar available will the moving of ports to Tuas when leases expire from 2027 onwards.

A new Southern Waterfront City – two and half times of the Marina Bay will be built, stretching from Shenton Way to Pasir Panjang.

Quote Originally Posted by yiguang2001
    Over the long term, the west will be a shipping hub. The east will be Air Hub.
    gd la, tat means ccr n rcr will be residential hub

But pulau bukom and jurong island are still there. Imagine high class waterfront living facing the shell oil refinery.
    Quote Originally Posted by rymccondo77
    From the Facebook site of Ministry of National Development:

More prime land in Tanjong Pagar available will the moving of ports to Tuas when leases expire from 2027 onwards.

A new Southern Waterfront City – two and half times of the Marina Bay will be built, stretching from Shenton Way to Pasir Panjang.

Districts along the southern coast will benefit most many good years from now. Good for those vested at least price will appreciate along the way and particularly those buying for their next gen (not me tho).

No horse run.. CCL6 engineering consultancy tender already out riaox this month:

ITT No.: LTA000ETT13000163 Tender Ref. No.: 8803
    Description: Engineering Consultancy Services for the Proposed Circle Line Stage 6 (CCL6) Mainline Publication Date: 07/08/2013
    Short Description: Engineering Consultancy Services for the Proposed Circle Line Stage 6 (CCL6) Mainline Closing Date: 07/10/2013

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    No horse run.. CCL6 engineering consultancy tender already out riaox this month:

Description: Engineering Consultancy Services for the Proposed Circle Line Stage 6 (CCL6) Mainline Publication Date: 07/08/2013
    Short Description: Engineering Consultancy Services for the Proposed Circle Line Stage 6 (CCL6) Mainline Closing Date: 07/10/2013
    it is no brainer lah ... I am surprised they never do earlier ... tourists can then gamble in MBS and 1 hour later at Sentosa trying their luck ...

Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax

Can visualize how Pasir Panjang going to take effect....

There were some people who said that this generation will never get to see Pasir Panjang port moving.... HAHAHAHAHAHA...

Now we know why there is HAW PAR MRT????

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut
    Can visualize how Pasir Panjang going to take effect....

There were some people who said that this generation will never get to see Pasir Panjang port moving.... HAHAHAHAHAHA...

Now we know why there is HAW PAR MRT????

Eventually Haw Par MRT will become interchange connecting CCL to CRL/JRL at west coast interchange, and this extension should run along West Coast highway till Pandan reservoir
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Pinnacle @ PP akan datang
    click: 🏢shoeboxmickeymousehouse 🏢

Quote Originally Posted by rymccondo77
    NEW WATERFRONT CITY: Singapore to build new 1,000 ha Southern Waterfront City stretching from Shenton Way to Pasir Panjang (2.5 x Marina Bay). Also building new port in Tuas.

From today's National Day Rally speech.
    South is Financial Hub, North leh?

north is land of factories

if build too soild in the north, singaporeans would cleaverly go JB and buy house then say , see i stay 5min across and i only pay 1/2 the price for JB housing

Quote Originally Posted by relax88

if build too soild in the north, singaporeans would cleaverly go JB and buy house then say , see i stay 5min across and i only pay 1/2 the price for JB housing
    North and West will have more factories. Easy for JB workers to travel down. RTS and HSR will be part of the plan.

pappy are never known to be gererous

give $1 take $2

if north build too good, then JB properties would benefit, then pappy wont get anything at all

but if you want south properties, get ready $3000psf. and take your pants off to pay

give $1 take $2

if north build too good, then JB properties would benefit, then pappy wont get anything at all

but if you want south properties, get ready $3000psf. and take your pants off to pay
    I foresee costs rising for middle class (I mean 20-80% by median household income group). Biggest beneficiaries will be the lowest 20%. No free lunch.

give $1 take $2
    so now they repent n give u 6.9mil pop for u to huat mah

Still a long wait la. 14 years later, I will be 45. By the time they clear the port, I will be 48. By the time they sell the land, I will be 50. By the time developer build houses, I will be 55.

And by 55, I would have witness another 3 to 5 property cycles.

Hmmm...ok lar. Rent 1 room out lor...better be some pretty air stewardess
    . Take from rich 2 dollars and give me 1 dollar

They still made 1 dollar...I also want to be like them

JB house u buy is easy, u want to sell or rent out is tough in future because normally people will buy from developer brand new and there are too many condo.
    Last edited by star; 19-08-13 at 11:53.

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    Still a long wait la. 14 years later, I will be 45. By the time they clear the port, I will be 48. By the time they sell the land, I will be 50. By the time developer build houses, I will be 55.

And by 55, I would have witness another 3 to 5 property cycles.
    Wow, u so young.

Exactly. Many things can happen along the way. Further, this one said before, dun know why others so excited about?

I guess that's the intent of the govt.

Lower value industries all move up north so the majority of workers can live in JB and work in Singapore.

Then the south will become the place where the rich and higher income bracket professionals hang out.

This is a method of achieving 6.9mil population which consists of foreign workers and singaporeans since majority of workers are living in JB.

Any timeline on sale of land. Think by the time they are ready to launch, I be I my mid 50s

Quote Originally Posted by star
    JB house u buy is easy, u want to sell or ret out is tough in future because normally people will buy from developer brand new and there are too many condo.
    I think in the future, especially when and if the RTS is up, more people will upgrade from Hdb to landed or condo and from condo to landed in jb cause they can rent out their singapore properties and buy a much cheaper condo or landed freehold in jb, earn passive income and commute to work in Singapore. 7 million or more in future is not liveable unless some goes to stay in jb. And it might be a good solution to our future needs too. A program called Iskandar, a metropolis in the making is going to be aired on CNA this thursday night.