Thread: Paya Lebar Airport impact

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    Sbr

IN FOCUS
    RESIDENTIAL PROPERTY | Staff Reporter, Singapore
    Published: 20 Aug 13 316 views 0 1 Google +0 3

2 new property measures "largely positive in the
    long run"

Beneficial for both landowners and developers. Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong announced two
    major property measures during his National Day
    rally speech, namely the freeing up of 800 hectares
    of land in Paya Lebar Airbase for development and
    increased subsidies for HDB BTO buyers. According to OSK-DMG, the positive impact for
    landowners comes with the migration of the Paya
    Lebar Airbase to Changi, which is estimated to add
    additional 305 ha (or 33m sqft) of residential GFA,
    which is similar in size with existing townships like
    Bukit Batok, Bukit Merah, Kallang/Whampoa and Yishun. "Taking statistics from the HDB annual report, we
    use four townships of similar size and using the
    averages, we estimate this could potentially
    accommodate 62k new dwelling units (including
    private developments under Government Land Sales
    program). This is equivalent to ~186,000 people or 3 per household," the research firm said. "Furthermore, there is also the collateral impact on
    surrounding areas, which could see the lifting of
    height restrictions, translating to higher land values
    for existing owners," it added. Meanwhile for developers, the long term positive
    impact comes with how BTO prices are being
    allowed to escalate."We believe this can only
    support the forward price curve of the mass market/
    upgraders segment, allowing developers to clear
    their landbank without compromising on their existing margins," said OSK-DMG. "By increasing more subsidies for first time buyers,
    and to extend the subsidies for bigger size flats
    (restriction lifted for 4-room flats), this should
    continue to support the appreciating BTO prices
    overall as the PM also stated clearly that the
    government does not want to see lower prices in the future," it added.
    Do you actually believe everything the reporter writes or thinks? if that is so, they should have made a bundle years ago..

The earliest which PLAB will move to Changi will be 2030, and it will take a few more years for other agencies to set up the requires infrastructure such as water, sewage, electricity, telecom, road etc before development could start.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

the news mentioned the future military airbase and terminal 5 both in changi east. are they side by side?

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    the news mentioned the future military airbase and terminal 5 both in changi east. are they side by side?
    Yes T1 - T3 one group, T4 to the right side, followed by T5 and airbase runway

so the passengers to and from changi can see the above ground facilities of the future military airbase?
    there was some previous discussion like HDB flats being designed so that it cannot oversee mindef hq and hillview peak installed fins so no direct view of mindef hq also.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...&postcount=286

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    no meh? bedok reservoir , east coast park , PasiRis park to name a few big ones. katong park? So I wont say hardly
    And a pretty nice one at t kurau
    click: 🏢shoeboxmickeymousehouse 🏢

Quote Originally Posted by luzman
    Do you actually believe everything the reporter writes or thinks? if that is so, they should have made a bundle years ago..
    Its called alternative view and market sentiment.
    click: 🏢shoeboxmickeymousehouse 🏢

Quote Originally Posted by edwinleeap
    Yes T1 - T3 one group, T4 to the right side, followed by T5 and airbase runway
    They should design the airbase with planes flying out from the sea.

Ride at your own risk !!!

lifting of height restrictions is a game changer.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    lifting of height restrictions is a game changer.
    Yes indeed - imagine for example 30 storey or more high rise buildings at Punggol facing the sea

After putting some thought into it, I think that new PLAB site will benefit the next generation of BTO buyers most as they will get to move into a brand new suprer high rise flat, build in a brand new estates, that is still centrally located.

Although government will be lifting some building height restriction, but I doubt we will be seeing the return of en bloc fever because in 20 years time, current generation of property owners will most likely be in their 50s and 60s, so not many will be willing to go en bloc because taking a new mortgage for elderly is become tougher due to the cooling measures
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    After putting some thought into it, I think that new PLAB site will benefit the next generation of BTO buyers most as they will get to move into a brand new suprer high rise flat, build in a brand new estates, that is still centrally located.

Although government will be lifting some building height restriction, but I doubt we will be seeing the return of en bloc fever because in 20 years time, current generation of property owners will most likely be in their 50s and 60s, so not many will be willing to go en bloc because taking a new mortgage for elderly is become tougher due to the cooling measures
    I would think otherwise. I will be very happy if I can enjoy an enbloc when I am 50s or 60s, as it will free up my cash. I will then retire and stay in a HDB or retire in Malaysia. No need to take loan.

Quote Originally Posted by VS
    I would think otherwise. I will be very happy if I can enjoy an enbloc when I am 50s or 60s, as it will free up my cash. I will then retire and stay in a HDB or retire in Malaysia. No need to take loan.
    human priority changes when they aged. When in your 60s, what you want is to enjoy a stress free and comfortable retirement in a familiar neighborhood, no one will want to uproot themselves in their old age to live in a totally new neighborhood by themselves.

Thats exactly the reason why many elderly in old estates doesnt want to go en bloc even if it mean free up some cash.

Quote Originally Posted by VS
    actually old people dont like enbloc. coz no $ and typically people are resistant to change when older. they will have to move into a smaller place further away from the area they are familiar with. also they fear loosing their friends.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs